All-Time League 2013 General Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:08 am    Post subject:

After today's games, I'm not going to simulate any more games of teams with names like "Wallace", "Davis", "Miller", "Richardson", "Smith", "Hardaway", etc. in the rotation, making me click other threads to figure out which one is yours. It's fine if it's obvious names like Chamberlain or Schrempf or something like that, but those who aren't putting both player names on less distinct names are making an already time consuming process even longer. Please re-post your rotations if you've done that. Thanks.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:16 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
After today's games, I'm not going to simulate any more games of teams with names like "Wallace", "Davis", "Miller", "Richardson", "Smith", "Hardaway", etc. in the rotation, making me click other threads to figure out which one is yours. It's fine if it's obvious names like Chamberlain or Schrempf or something like that, but those who aren't putting both player names on less distinct names are making an already time consuming process even longer. Please re-post your rotations if you've done that. Thanks.

See, I would be confused by that, too, and mistakenly start Neville using his 1939 stats.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Vishnu
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:37 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:

See, I would be confused by that, too, and mistakenly start Neville using his 1939 stats.

peace in our time

and GT, I edited my initial post. should I just repost it too?
Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject:

The sim is really strange. Wilt played only 30 minutes in his 2nd game when I have him down for 46. It wasn't exactly a blowout game so I'm not sure why the sim would drastically reduce his minutes.
MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 8:59 am    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:
The sim is really strange. Wilt played only 30 minutes in his 2nd game when I have him down for 46. It wasn't exactly a blowout game so I'm not sure why the sim would drastically reduce his minutes.

Foul trouble? Injury?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:17 am    Post subject:

Klone_dd wrote:

Wilt picked up his 2nd foul with 9:51 left in the 1st quarter, and sat the rest of the 1st quarter. He also sat a good portion of the 2nd, perhaps to not have him pick up his third foul. He played the entire 2nd half.
TheSixthRing
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:22 am    Post subject:

Yeah, I was looking at the play-by-play. The sub pattern for Wilt in the 2nd quarter was odd, to say the least.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:38 am    Post subject:

I made an Excel Spreadsheet of the standings. Anyone know how I can turn it into a picture that's big enough to read? I suck at this kind of stuff, so any help would be appreciated.

I had one that I uploaded to Photobucket, but even after the re-size it was too small to read. I made the font bigger on my Excel, but it turned into a 4 page document that I couldn't upload to Photobucket and have it make sense.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:44 am    Post subject:

Patrick Ewing coming up big for me these two games. I am glad now I traded up to get him.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject:

Can you see the entirety of the document without scrolling? If so, you can hit the print screen button and copy onto a program like paint.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:57 am    Post subject:

MysticWang wrote:
Can you see the entirety of the document without scrolling? If so, you can hit the print screen button and copy onto a program like paint.

Yes, but this is how it looks as a pic. Any idea on how to blow this up into something readable?

Klone_dd
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:02 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
Klone_dd wrote:

Wilt picked up his 2nd foul with 9:51 left in the 1st quarter, and sat the rest of the 1st quarter. He also sat a good portion of the 2nd, perhaps to not have him pick up his third foul. He played the entire 2nd half.

That might explain it. Thanks.
MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:07 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:

Yes, but this is how it looks as a pic. Any idea on how to blow this up into something readable?

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/massinfusion/0001Ba_zps9fac28e7.jpg

In Paint, make your blank document the size of your screen. Mine is a 1920 x 1080 pixels. You do this by going to properties from the file menu and adjusting the pixel dimensions. Now when you paste your print screen, it should be the actual size. You can crop to the size you want and save it. It should upload to be the exact size you see on your screen.
TheSixthRing
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:17 am    Post subject:

Amp dropping knowledge from his grizzly beard
MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:25 am    Post subject:

TheSixthRing wrote:
Amp dropping knowledge from his grizzly beard

I see you've got one going too.
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject:

MysticWang wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:

In Paint, make your blank document the size of your screen. Mine is a 1920 x 1080 pixels. You do this by going to properties from the file menu and adjusting the pixel dimensions. Now when you paste your print screen, it should be the actual size. You can crop to the size you want and save it. It should upload to be the exact size you see on your screen.

I don't have Paint.
MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:27 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:

I don't have Paint.

What do you have?
GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject:

MysticWang wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:

I don't have Paint.

What do you have?

To create that, I used Excel, exported it to iPhoto, saved it as a .jpg, and uploaded it to Photobucket. I have a MacBook Pro, and don't think I have an MS Paint equivalent.
MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:31 am    Post subject:

You can also download gimp. It's an open-source photoshop-like program.

http://www.gimp.org/

Now you can open a new document. Set the dimensions to 1920 x 1080 at 72 ppi. Then press control "v" to place your printed screen on the blank document. Crop, save as jpeg, and upload.

Alternatively, you can email me the excel spreadsheet whenever you update it, and I'll upload it for you.
MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:33 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:

I don't have Paint.

What do you have?

To create that, I used Excel, exported it to iPhoto, saved it as a .jpg, and uploaded it to Photobucket. I have a MacBook Pro, and don't think I have an MS Paint equivalent.

Ah, I assumed you were on PC. It's actually easier on a Mac. IIRC, cmd + shift + 4 lets you box any portion of the screen and then automatically saves it as a jpeg on your desktop.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:45 am    Post subject:

Quote:
11:37 James Worthy misses badly on a shot.

I don't need that kind of commentary from a simulation.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:47 am    Post subject:

encina1 wrote:
Quote:
11:37 James Worthy misses badly on a shot.

I don't need that kind of commentary from a simulation.

GoldenThroat

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:50 am    Post subject:

MysticWang wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:

I don't have Paint.

What do you have?

Ah, I assumed you were on PC. It's actually easier on a Mac. IIRC, cmd + shift + 4 lets you box any portion of the screen and then automatically saves it as a jpeg on your desktop.

Awesome! Thank you!

Do you know how I make the green doo-hickeys go away in Excel?

MysticWang
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject:

GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:
GoldenThroat wrote:
MysticWang wrote:

I don't have Paint.

What do you have?

Awesome! Thank you!

Do you know how I make the green doo-hickeys go away in Excel?

http://i65.photobucket.com/albums/h231/massinfusion/Screenshot2013-06-20at120341PM_zpsdbd9acaf.png

I got rid of the green doo-hickeys for you. http://i218.photobucket.com/albums/cc33/bigdnolia/jl0fduim_zps77ede96b.jpg

Last edited by MysticWang on Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:59 am; edited 2 times in total
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:58 am    Post subject:

GT - Do you have a link to the master schedule that you are using? If so, could you post it in the Schedule thread so we can check out upcoming opponents? Thanks.

And that's a big thanks for EVERYTHING. This is a LOT of work on your part.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> All-Time League All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 5 of 17
Jump to: