***Lakers -vs- Kings 11/21/12 Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PrairieAve
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:39 pm    Post subject:

Yeah the Laker team and fanbase is pondering "when the hell is Steve Blake coming back???"
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject:

the back to back had nothing to do with the loss imo. we are 12 games into the season. what's going to happen in game 60 during a back to back if this team is already tired?

lakers lack athleticism and speed.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject:

a whole press conference without one mention of video tape...it's almost like he watched the game.
greenfrog
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject:

god, these tweets are worthless

i should tweet andy that.
dmorans1
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:44 pm    Post subject:

Lakers First wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers First wrote:
mastersworddude wrote:
We lost because Dwight and Pau disappeared.

Mainly because they are tired. back-2-back game. And our guys are not young. Most are over 30+ lol.

Dwight's 26 no excuse whatsoever. This was all about effort, they didn't give it. You don't see teams like the Spurs, Heat, OKC or Clippers give effort like this to teams like this. It's pathetic and embarrassing.

I'm not talking about Dwight. I'm talking about mainly Kobe and Pau. (Nash too when he returns)

It's hard to give effort when you're tired.

Plus, those guys play heavy minutes.

Did you see Kobe play tonight?
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:48 pm    Post subject:

dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers First wrote:
dmorans1 wrote:
Lakers First wrote:
mastersworddude wrote:
We lost because Dwight and Pau disappeared.

Mainly because they are tired. back-2-back game. And our guys are not young. Most are over 30+ lol.

Dwight's 26 no excuse whatsoever. This was all about effort, they didn't give it. You don't see teams like the Spurs, Heat, OKC or Clippers give effort like this to teams like this. It's pathetic and embarrassing.

I'm not talking about Dwight. I'm talking about mainly Kobe and Pau. (Nash too when he returns)

It's hard to give effort when you're tired.

Plus, those guys play heavy minutes.

Did you see Kobe play tonight?

Yeah, I did. Kobe is a different case. If everyone works as hard as Kobe, then he won't be a legend in most of us eyes here. Because that is what make Kobe great; Kobe always give great effort on the daily basic. That's why spoiled us with it. It's not like everyone is Kobe Bryant.
ThreePointBomber
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:55 pm    Post subject:

Kevin Love 34 points 14 rebound returning from a broken hand injury. 1st game.

Pau Gasol 8 points, 9 rebounds.
rebs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:16 pm    Post subject: Out-coached and out-played.

Preface: I apologize in advance if I regurgitate something someone else said. I didn't have time to read 78+ pages, and I needed to take a little break after that game.

I don't mind losing when you have an off-shooting night, or you lose against a team that's hot (or is better), but tonight was a pathetic performance (due to lack of effort) that just pissed me off.

First of all, there is no excuse for getting dominated in the paint like we did tonight (against the Kings with Cousins in foul trouble). ZERO energy from Dwight. I literally saw Dwight walk up the court multiple times. I honestly thought this was a recorded game and Bynum was out there having a tantrum. It was beyond pathetic.

Having said that, what did D'Antoni do in this situation? The answer: NOTHING. Regardless of whether Dwight was tired, injured, or just frustrated the right answer is never to do nothing.

Pau was almost as bad, but he rarely plays with energy anymore anyway so it's not as noticeable. I'll be honest, I'm really frustrated with this front court. I understand Pau has the ability to hit long jumpers (and the D'Antoni offense spreads everyone out), but his percentages fall like crazy when he takes long jumpers. Stop trying to turn Pau into Dirk. D'Antoni needs to tweak his offense to the personnel.

What would I like to see happen?

1. Short-term: If Dwight is playing like crap, let's not keep trying to power through. I get not trying to alienate the guy, but you have to do something. I think if he's tired you sit him down and bring in a high energy guy like Jordan Hill (with Pau to the 5) or even Sacre if absolutely necessary. You can also move Pau to the 5, and bring in Jamison or MWP to play the 4. You got tons of options, and you are already losing the paint. Doing nothing gets you nowhere.

2. Long-term: This lineup needs tweaked, and I'd start with benching Pau. I'm not a Pau hater, but he's not Dirk nor will he ever be. Either start Jamison and/or give Hill a chance (although also not shooting long jumpers but just because he's a high energy guy that gets you additional possessions). This also would be better for Pau because he can sub for Dwight and be the focus of the 2nd string offense by posting up a few extra possessions. Pau needs to be more aggressive and engaged in the offense (which just can't happen when he constantly defers to Dwight).

3. Continue to go with the hot hand: One of the smart moves D'Antoni made tonight was letting Meeks play. He was hot and deserved the extra minutes.

4. Watch the minutes for the starters: You can't keep playing the starters these minutes, and imho it was apparent we were gonna lose this one earlier in the 4th quarter. If you are going to rely so heavily on your starting 5 every single game you are going to have to make tough decisions and call games a little earlier so players get some rest (not to mention it should fire up the starters for the next game).

5. Defense: I hate listening to things like "The Kings haven't scored over 100 until tonight". Teams should not set offensive records against the Lakers even with D'Antoni as the head coach. The team defense was poor, and the individual defense was even worse; I swear we either didn't rotate or over-ran almost every play. I feel like this team depends so much on team defense and forcing people to the baseline that the 1-on-1 defense has become extremely lax.

BONUS - New officiating: The officiating the last couple of games have been crap. I honestly thought the NFL replacement refs were out there. It's out of control. How people continue to hold Dwight down and come over his back without penalty is ridiculous. If the officials aren't going to watch the game in the paint, then the league might as well mandate every team play 5 guards.

Hopefully we rebound for the rest of this road trip.
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:22 pm    Post subject:

What a difference a day makes. Everyone was untouchable yesterday, now everyone needs to be benched.

matrixskillz wrote:
everybody steals moves from everybody
I call that Basketball Communism.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:29 pm    Post subject:

Kobe2Dwight12 wrote:
the back to back had nothing to do with the loss imo. we are 12 games into the season. what's going to happen in game 60 during a back to back if this team is already tired?

lakers lack athleticism and speed.

Of course the back-to-back was a factor in the loss. The starters can't always be playing so many heavy minutes. The bench needs to help out. Still didn't expect such a poor effort from the front court though.
rebs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject:

George the Greek wrote:
What a difference a day makes. Everyone was untouchable yesterday, now everyone needs to be benched.

If you are referring to my post, I've been saying Pau needs to be with the 2nd unit since the beginning of the year. Not only would it benefit Pau, it would benefit the second unit and the Lakers.

As for Dwight, I'm just saying you sit him when he's showing 0 energy (which hopefully won't re-occur). I'm not sure what his deal was tonight, but you can't continue to watch that the entire game and do nothing. IMHO, that's where the definition of insanity comes in (i.e. doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results).

...One thing I left out...free throws. I know sometimes they say pro's don't need to dedicate time to shooting free throws and/or players do that on their own time, but this team needs to dedicate some time to free throws.

What happened to Dwight's form the last few games? I knew he was going to struggle, but his form has looked like crap lately which makes free throw misses much more difficult to swallow (because there is no light at the end of the tunnel).

Anyway, GO LAKERS
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 10:43 pm    Post subject:

rebs wrote:
George the Greek wrote:

If you are referring to my post, I've been saying Pau needs to be with the 2nd unit since the beginning of the year. Not only would it benefit Pau, it would benefit the second unit and the Lakers.

As for Dwight, I'm just saying you sit him when he's showing 0 energy (which hopefully won't re-occur). I'm not sure what his deal was tonight, but you can't continue to watch that the entire game and do nothing. IMHO, that's where the definition of insanity comes in (i.e. doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results).

...One thing I left out...free throws. I know sometimes they say pro's don't need to dedicate time to shooting free throws and/or players do that on their own time, but this team needs to dedicate some time to free throws.

What happened to Dwight's form the last few games? I knew he was going to struggle, but his form has looked like crap lately which makes free throw misses much more difficult to swallow (because there is no light at the end of the tunnel).

Anyway, GO LAKERS

I disagree. You either start Pau or trade him. He's not a playmaker and wouldn't benefit the team, unless he spaces the floor for Dwight.

It's called an off-game. If you've played basketball, you'll know it. You never get into the game, everything goes wrong, you have 0 energy and you play like crap. It happens rarely, but it's not an effort thing. Players can't control it. It's not Dwight's fault anyway and he'll be back to normal at Memphis.

Yup, we need to get better at shooting free throws and we will, now that we don't have to waste practics learning the Princeton.

Howard will improve on the long run. He's working on his FTs.

matrixskillz wrote:
rebs
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:16 pm    Post subject:

George the Greek wrote:
rebs wrote:
George the Greek wrote:

Anyway, GO LAKERS

I disagree. You either start Pau or trade him. He's not a playmaker and wouldn't benefit the team, unless he spaces the floor for Dwight.

It's called an off-game. If you've played basketball, you'll know it. You never get into the game, everything goes wrong, you have 0 energy and you play like crap. It happens rarely, but it's not an effort thing. Players can't control it. It's not Dwight's fault anyway and he'll be back to normal at Memphis.

Yup, we need to get better at shooting free throws and we will, now that we don't have to waste practics learning the Princeton.

Howard will improve on the long run. He's working on his FTs.

We can agree to disagree.

I think Pau should play the 5 and backup Dwight and be the focal point of the second unit (and possibly the 6th man of the year). I believe he can still get huge minutes (especially given Dwight's ability go get in foul trouble) and more importantly offer some continuity between the first and second units.

I don't think Pau will ever be Dirk, and I said the same thing during his "on" games (like last night to my friend when we watched the Nets game), so this isn't a reaction to one game but my belief since our off-season acquisitions.

Go Lakers!
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject:

We had an off game everyone. Most teams have off nights. Stop crying.
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:20 am    Post subject:

George the Greek wrote:

Lol, it's nothing news. See this a lot on LG on the daily basic for the past few years.
George the Greek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:21 am    Post subject:

Lakers First wrote:
George the Greek wrote:

Lol, it's nothing news. See this a lot on LG on the daily basic for the past few years.

I know, I'm just being sarcastic.

matrixskillz wrote:
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 78, 79, 80
Page 80 of 80
Jump to: