Lakers in News July 21/July 22, 2012: Kobe is the star when US basketball team goes abroad

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 9:58 am    Post subject: Lakers in News July 21/July 22, 2012: Kobe is the star when US basketball team goes abroad

Quote:
Kobe is the star when US basketball team goes abroad

They carry cameras and microphones, sprinting toward Kobe Bryant like Christmas shoppers who just spotted the “it” gift sitting on shelves.

Their questions come quickly, some in English, many in Spanish, and Bryant gives the perfect answer every time.

Yes, Spain is an incredible team that can pose problems for the U.S.

The only thing Bryant can't seem to explain to reporters is why he's so much more popular than his teammates on the Olympic basketball team.

“I don't know. I don't know where it comes from or how that happens,” he said Saturday with a laugh. “It all started with the Dream Team in terms of basketball becoming so global. When I came into the NBA, I kind of inherited kind of the globalization of the game, and then having grown up overseas they really kind of laid claim to me because this is where I learned how to play the game, is overseas.”

Chris Paul figures Bryant owes it to the way he's won and carried himself through the years — along with one other thing.

LINK

Last edited by wolfpaclaker on Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Source: Lakers to keep Jordan Hill

LOS ANGELES -- Jordan Hill, a late-season bloomer for the Los Angeles Lakers last year, is set to sign a deal with the team after a protracted free-agency courtship.

Hill will sign a two-year deal worth "a little less" than $8 million, a league source told ESPNLosAngeles.com on Friday. Hill's decision came down to the Lakers and the Minnesota Timberwolves, with Hill accepting less money to stay in L.A., according to the source. The contract also includes incentives that can increase his overall compensation.

LINK
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:02 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers' Mr. Irrelevant Not so Irrelevant After All - Fan's Analysis

The last pick of the draft is known as Mr. Irrelevant.

In the 2012 NBA Draft the Mr. Irrelevant crown went to the Los Angeles Lakers' Robert Sacre out of Gonzaga, the 60th, and final, player selected.
The dictionary definition for irrelevant is "not applicable or pertinent" and "having no probative value upon any issue."

In his five NBA Summer League games with the Lakers, Robert Sacre proved he may be applicable, pertinent, and have at least some probative value.
While the 7-footer didn't look like an NBA All-Star in his Lakers debut, he at least flashed some potential. As a Lakers fan that is all I can ask from a player that every other NBA team passed up drafting - twice.

LINK
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject:

Quote:
GRANT HILL EXPLAINS WHY HE CHOSE THE CLIPPERS OVER THE LOS ANGELES LAKERS

Despite being shopped by former team-mate and good friend Steve Nash of the Los Angeles Lakers, Grant Hill, the 40 year old free agent small forward, decided to join the Clippers a few days back.

Discussing his preference for the Clippers on Friday, Hill said;

"I had some good conversations with (Del Negro) and I was impressed with the things that went on last year. Obviously (Blake) Griffin and his progression, Chris coming on board and Chauncey and some of the moves that were made this offseason were big. It just seemed like a good fit. It was a team that took a big step last season and hopefully we can take another big step this season."

LINK
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers star Gasol to carry flag for Spain

Pau Gasol will carry his country's flag and lead his Spanish team-mates into the opening ceremonies of the 2012 Olympic Games in London.

LINK
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers in News July 21, 2012: Kobe is the star when US basketball team goes abroad

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

They carry cameras and microphones, sprinting toward Kobe Bryant like Christmas shoppers who just spotted the “it” gift sitting on shelves.

Their questions come quickly, some in English, many in Spanish, and Bryant gives the perfect answer every time.

The only thing Bryant can't seem to explain to reporters is why he's so much more popular than his teammates on the Olympic basketball team.

“I don't know. I don't know where it comes from or how that happens,” he said Saturday with a laugh. “It all started with the Dream Team in terms of basketball becoming so global. When I came into the NBA, I kind of inherited kind of the globalization of the game, and then having grown up overseas they really kind of laid claim to me because this is where I learned how to play the game, is overseas.”

Chris Paul figures Bryant owes it to the way he's won and carried himself through the years — along with one other thing.

LINK

Great read. Fans oversea love Kobe because he's a champion, a winner, and he is The Black Mamba.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

Despite being shopped by former team-mate and good friend Steve Nash of the Los Angeles Lakers, Grant Hill, the 40 year old free agent small forward, decided to join the Clippers a few days back.

"I had some good conversations with (Del Negro) and I was impressed with the things that went on last year. Obviously (Blake) Griffin and his progression, Chris coming on board and Chauncey and some of the moves that were made this offseason were big. It just seemed like a good fit. It was a team that took a big step last season and hopefully we can take another big step this season."

LINK

Hater.

!...
ForrestHump
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject:

City_Dawg wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

LINK

Hater.

lol

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Thanks, Wolf.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Yes, thank you, Wolf!
SmokeAndAshes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers in News July 21, 2012: Kobe is the star when US basketball team goes abroad

Lakers First wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

LINK

Great read. Fans oversea love Kobe because he's a champion, a winner, and he is The Black Mamba.

As an overseas fan, I approve this comment.
thejet24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers in News July 21, 2012: Kobe is the star when US basketball team goes abroad

SmokeAndAshes wrote:
Lakers First wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

LINK

Kobe's a legend.
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers in News July 21, 2012: Kobe is the star when US basketball team goes abroad

thejet24 wrote:
SmokeAndAshes wrote:
Lakers First wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

LINK

Kobe's a living legend.

Fixed for you.
feimao
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:32 pm    Post subject: The best and cheapest authentic jerseys you have ever seen!

[DELETED]
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:37 pm    Post subject: Re: The best and cheapest authentic jerseys you have ever seen!

Crash Override wrote:

wtf is this? lg sponsored or lame-o?

Leftover from the Beijing Olympics.

Key info:

We will send the products by Express to you.All the products will be delivered to your hand.You will receive the packages in 7 working days after you placed an order .Please make sure you are able to receipt the package when the express comes.Because if you can not receipt the package in 5 days they might send it back to us ,that will lead to unnecessary extra expense.
methdxman
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Dunno about the rest of the world, but there's nothing worse to a European than a tacky new-money person like most of these NBA stars.

Kobe has class, money, tradition bred into him. He's also multilingual and multicultural like many people.

It's easy to admire him when he's rich, famous, handsome, classy and cultured.

LeBron James? Not so much. Carmela Antonia? Not so much.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address MSN Messenger Reply with quote
ForrestHump
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject:

Kobe is a higher class player, something no one else on the squad is.

All the other players are children, with Wade out I don't think anyone's even 30 on that squad.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject:

methdxman wrote:
Dunno about the rest of the world, but there's nothing worse to a European than a tacky new-money person like most of these NBA stars.

Kobe has class, money, tradition bred into him. He's also multilingual and multicultural like many people.

This sums it up perfectly! Maybe it's not as obvious to people within the US, but to many of us overseas, it's easy to see the glaring differences between Kobe and his teammates.

It's not that they are bad people, per se, or that Kobe is perfect, but there's something appealing about him that they lack.
bodyrock
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:41 pm    Post subject:

SmokeAndAshes wrote:
methdxman wrote:

This sums it up perfectly! Maybe it's not as obvious to people within the US, but to many of us overseas, it's easy to see the glaring differences between Kobe and his teammates.

It's not that they are bad people, per se, or that Kobe is perfect, but there's something appealing about him that they lack.

Who are these new money players in the lakers you are reffering to?
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:59 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers in News July 21, 2012: Kobe is the star when US basketball team goes abroad

SmokeAndAshes wrote:
Lakers First wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Quote:

LINK

Same here !!!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: