Lakers in News June 29, 2012: Report: Wolves planning serious push to land Lakers' Gasol
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gus26
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:11 am    Post subject:

i coult see a deal with the bobcats materializing around the lakers saving money and MKG, and a resigned beasley

lakers out: pau, blake
lakers in: wesley, beasley, barrea, miller(to cut him), webster (to cut him) and MKG

cats out: MKG, tyrus thomas
cats in: derick williams, pekovic

wolves out: wesley, beasley, barrea, miller, webster, williams
wolves in: tyrus thomas, pau, blake
Big Game Jeff
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:41 am    Post subject:

Don't forget about the Stern factor. He'll veto any trade that makes us better...
Talking2ThaMoon
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 9:52 am    Post subject:

Big Game Jeff wrote:
Don't forget about the Stern factor. He'll veto any trade that makes us better...

old joke
RCS926
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 10:03 am    Post subject:

shaqobe2000 wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
Talking2ThaMoon wrote:
It's all about the big picture, you wanna tell me that you would keep the good old bench and swap Gasol for Smith? our team would still be too slow on the break, we need to add depth, not just star power.

we got our franchise player chasing that ring
we got an old dog that's still reliable on D
we got an all-star big guy that's developing into the best big in the league
we got a decent starting PG

we don't have any reliable 3pt shooters
we don't have a 6th man

improve our bench from 20 ppg to 30+ ppg and we're back in contention.

Rook, I couldn't agree with you more.

what the rook forgot to mention was we have redundant parts in Bynum and Gasol. they won't work together, yet they cost two franchise contracts, it's a luxury we can't afford giving we have so many holes on our team. we need to move one of them to get the aforementioned pieces plus future draft picks.

Pau isn't mentioned among the starters in the original post. I think the implication is that you use him to bolster our bench and outside shooting...
shaquilazzo
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 12:17 pm    Post subject:

If the lakers can get a young athletic small forward and upside in Derrick Williams and Beasley ...for Pau Gasol....i say do it....both teams win. Derrick Williams improved tremendously at the end of the season putting up 20plus point games...just that alone shows you hes got great upside. PLUS lakers get young and athletic. Bynum and Williams. ....then you ad kobe in the mix...seems like a good fit...and then ad Beasley...why not its a sweet deal Gasol has regressed the last two years in the playoffs, so that pattern is likely to proceed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
VicXLakers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:12 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Los Angeles Lakers: B-minus
Picks: Darius Johnson-Odom (55), Robert Sacre (60)
Getting Johnson-Odom, one of the most undervalued scorers in this draft, at 55 for straight cash is pretty impressive. DJO is the truth. Last years Mr. Irrelevant, Isaiah Thomas of Washington, went on to do big things in the second half. I seriously doubt Sacre has anything half that interesting up his sleeve.

[/url]

Quote:
55. Los Angeles Lakers: Marquette guard Darius Johnson-Odom

UPDATE: The Lakers bought this pick from the Dallas Mavericks. Johnson-Odom is one of the most explosive players in the draft and has a great motor, but he's 6-2 and has the skills of a small forward. Johnson-Odom has a nose for the basket, and if anyone can teach him to play a little point guard, he could be very valuable this late in a draft. Grade: B+

60. Los Angeles Lakers: Gonzaga center Robert Sacre
He's a 7-footer with post skills, so this was a fine pick. But he doesn't have the athleticism to ever make much of an impact. He's not going to be the next Isaiah Thomas, last year's Mr. Irrelevant who became a starter for the Sacramento Kings. Grade: B

[url=http://content.usatoday.com/communities/gameon/post/2012/06/live-nba-draft-grades-pick-by-pick-analysis-as-it-happens/1#.T-42fbWe7F9]
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:17 pm    Post subject:

Talking2ThaMoon wrote:
Big Game Jeff wrote:

old joke

Well you never know. Dan Gilbert and the Small Market Mafia have done us in before.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
Omar Little

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:22 pm    Post subject:

usc/lakers wrote:
Crazy Like Ron Artest wrote:
I don't really see what the Wolves have to offer to us.

Beasley, Williams, Barrea and Brad Miller.

That doesn't seem half bad if Brad Miller's contract saves us money, I'm not sure.

Sessions/Barrea
Kobe
Williams
Beasley
Bynum

Still, no offer comes close to the Hawks offer but this isn't all that bad. It's not safe, you depend on Beasley turning the corner, Williams developing well...Barrea is a good asset though...you do save money with Miller perhaps, I'm not sure...

Who knows.

I agree. Me thinks a 3rd team will get involved because there is no way Minnesota is going to keep Pekovic if they obtain Pau. And please, no Barea lol

Love is the 4, and Pau is the 5 who can swing to 4, leaving about 25 mpg for Pekovic at 5.
gumby
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 3:35 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
Talking2ThaMoon wrote:
It's all about the big picture, you wanna tell me that you would keep the good old bench and swap Gasol for Smith? our team would still be too slow on the break, we need to add depth, not just star power.

we got our franchise player chasing that ring
we got an old dog that's still reliable on D
we got an all-star big guy that's developing into the best big in the league
we got a decent starting PG

we don't have any reliable 3pt shooters
we don't have a 6th man

improve our bench from 20 ppg to 30+ ppg and we're back in contention.

Rook, I couldn't agree with you more.

Word!

Bye.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:06 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Lakers have few options this summer

The NBA draft was entirely anticlimactic for the Lakers, who failed to trade into the top five spots, or the middle of the first round, or even the end of the first round.

They can only hope for better luck in free agency. It won't be easy.

NBA rules limit them to spending $3 million toward a free agent next season because they are so far over the luxury-tax threshold. Don't expect that to lure many candidates in a league with an average salary of $5.3 million.

More realistically, their main signing will be a re-signing. Ramon Sessions, 26, recently became a free agent by declining a one-year player option of $4.55 million. He'll get the first phone call from Lakers General Manager Mitch Kupchak when free agency begins Saturday at 9 p.m. PDT.

"That's important," Kupchak said.

The Lakers are hopeful they can retain Sessions, who showed some promise before funneling downward in the playoffs against Oklahoma City. The Lakers own Sessions' "Bird rights," meaning they're not limited to the $3-million ceiling for the first year of his next deal.

LINK
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: