Damian Lillard
Goto page Previous  1, 2

 
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 61985
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 7:22 pm    Post subject:

He slipped because of a smaller school and he was an upperclassmen.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

LeBron/Bradley/Caruso/Cook/Rondo
Green/KCP
Kuzma/Daniels
Davis/Dudley
McGee/D39

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
threetimechamps
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 24 Jun 2005
Posts: 240

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Damian Lillard

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
WOW ... this guy has "IT". In 5 years you can look back at the draft and realize he should have been the #1 or #2 pick.

This guy is like a hybrid of CP3 & DWill ... strength, quickness, and a killer jumper.

I think Portland wants him at #6

The Lakers should think of making a play for this kid.


Guess it only took 2 years

Anthony Davis is deserving of #1

A lot of people here on LG got it right and the Cavs could not even with all that analysis/metrics.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 09 Dec 2003
Posts: 14944

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 8:58 am    Post subject: Re: Damian Lillard

threetimechamps wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
WOW ... this guy has "IT". In 5 years you can look back at the draft and realize he should have been the #1 or #2 pick.

This guy is like a hybrid of CP3 & DWill ... strength, quickness, and a killer jumper.

I think Portland wants him at #6

The Lakers should think of making a play for this kid.


Guess it only took 2 years

Anthony Davis is deserving of #1

A lot of people here on LG got it right and the Cavs could not even with all that analysis/metrics.


Go find "a lot" of people on LG for me.
_________________
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 61985
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:36 pm    Post subject:

The only people who were the most confident were the Portland Trailblazers, who brought Lillard back in for a 2nd workout after his "road trip" of workouts.

Scouts kept saying he killed it.

That makes it difficult though. Sometimes players kill it in workouts, and it doesn't always show in the L.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

LeBron/Bradley/Caruso/Cook/Rondo
Green/KCP
Kuzma/Daniels
Davis/Dudley
McGee/D39

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
postandpivot
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 16 Sep 2003
Posts: 36822

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:09 pm    Post subject:

Mike@LG wrote:
The only people who were the most confident were the Portland Trailblazers, who brought Lillard back in for a 2nd workout after his "road trip" of workouts.

Scouts kept saying he killed it.

That makes it difficult though. Sometimes players kill it in workouts, and it doesn't always show in the L.
you could easily see how lil would work in the nba with how he played in college. didnt matter the comp. its HOW he split the double teams, How he ran pick n rolls. he was nba ready from the jump. now what you will never know until its to late. if a guy is just lazy and just wants a big check and will quit the working at his game. or if a guy truly wants to be great or just a nba player.
_________________
LAL4K3RS wrote: He(Kobe) is the white haired kung fu master that you realize is older than dirt but can still kick your arse when in a sitting position drinking a nice herbal tea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 09 Dec 2003
Posts: 14944

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 3:24 pm    Post subject:

What a stud!
_________________
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Mike@LG
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 10 Apr 2001
Posts: 61985
Location: Orange County, CA

PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2014 4:57 pm    Post subject:

postandpivot wrote:
Mike@LG wrote:
The only people who were the most confident were the Portland Trailblazers, who brought Lillard back in for a 2nd workout after his "road trip" of workouts.

Scouts kept saying he killed it.

That makes it difficult though. Sometimes players kill it in workouts, and it doesn't always show in the L.
you could easily see how lil would work in the nba with how he played in college. didnt matter the comp. its HOW he split the double teams, How he ran pick n rolls. he was nba ready from the jump. now what you will never know until its to late. if a guy is just lazy and just wants a big check and will quit the working at his game. or if a guy truly wants to be great or just a nba player.


Agreed.

Pity Lillard isn't a great finisher.
_________________
Resident Car Nut.

LeBron/Bradley/Caruso/Cook/Rondo
Green/KCP
Kuzma/Daniels
Davis/Dudley
McGee/D39

http://bball-index.com/team/lal/
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 09 Dec 2003
Posts: 14944

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:45 pm    Post subject:

My man Lillard to quote Kobe...

"He was out there cooking with gasoline tonight."

Just another 34 pt 7 asst game.
_________________
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 108333

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:51 pm    Post subject:

OP, good call on him. Sadly, we didn't make that call either. What did we do with our 2012 pick BTW?
_________________
LBJ in 22 playoff games (2017-18): 34/9/9
AD in 9 playoff games (2017-18): 30/13/2.3bpg/2spg.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 09 Dec 2003
Posts: 14944

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:07 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
OP, good call on him. Sadly, we didn't make that call either. What did we do with our 2012 pick BTW?


Based on NBA Draft.net I think it went to the Cavs for Ramon Sessions who then traded it to Mavs on draft day.

Anyways, he was that rare prospect I saw an edge to. It's weird, when I see it I know it.
_________________
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 108333

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:08 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
OP, good call on him. Sadly, we didn't make that call either. What did we do with our 2012 pick BTW?


Based on NBA Draft.net I think it went to the Cavs for Ramon Sessions who then traded it to Mavs on draft day.

Anyways, he was that rare prospect I saw an edge to. It's weird, when I see it I know it.


Who do you see now?

What did you think of Randle?
_________________
LBJ in 22 playoff games (2017-18): 34/9/9
AD in 9 playoff games (2017-18): 30/13/2.3bpg/2spg.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 09 Dec 2003
Posts: 14944

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:17 pm    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
OP, good call on him. Sadly, we didn't make that call either. What did we do with our 2012 pick BTW?


Based on NBA Draft.net I think it went to the Cavs for Ramon Sessions who then traded it to Mavs on draft day.

Anyways, he was that rare prospect I saw an edge to. It's weird, when I see it I know it.


Who do you see now?

What did you think of Randle?


Too early, don't see anyways that is "IT".

Julius Randle is okay to me. I don't know why people think he will be an all-star. He's the type of player you need on a championship team... gritty, blue collar, player with a motor. I will be happy at 15 and 8.
_________________
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 19 Jun 2010
Posts: 108333

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:25 pm    Post subject:

[quote="KobeRe-Loaded"]
yinoma2001 wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
yinoma2001 wrote:
OP, good call on him. Sadly, we didn't make that call either. What did we do with our 2012 pick BTW?


Based on NBA Draft.net I think it went to the Cavs for Ramon Sessions who then traded it to Mavs on draft day.

Anyways, he was that rare prospect I saw an edge to. It's weird, when I see it I know it.


Who do you see now?

What did you think of Randle?


Too early, don't see anyways that is "IT".

Julius Randle is okay to me. I don't know why people think he will be an all-star. He's the type of player you need on a championship team... gritty, blue collar, player with a motor. I will be happy at 15 and 8.[/quote

Yeah, I see Randle as an All-star caliber (ceiling) player who will be a 3rd option on a championship team. Solid player and probably the right one at the time he was picked (I also wanted Smart or Randle).
_________________
LBJ in 22 playoff games (2017-18): 34/9/9
AD in 9 playoff games (2017-18): 30/13/2.3bpg/2spg.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
KeepItRealOrElse
Retired Number
Retired Number


Joined: 11 Oct 2012
Posts: 32767

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Randle has a similar "IT" in his want to take over/score possession after possession. Something that a Aaron Gordon, Exum don't have.
Randle has the IT and the skill to me. The deciding factor for Randle is motor/conditioning to me. He'll look really Dame Lilliard relentless then.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16880

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject:

KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Randle has a similar "IT" in his want to take over/score possession after possession. Something that a Aaron Gordon, Exum don't have.
Randle has the IT and the skill to me. The deciding factor for Randle is motor/conditioning to me. He'll look really Dame Lilliard relentless then.


Agreed. And with his work ethic the conditioning will come.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
KobeRe-Loaded
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 09 Dec 2003
Posts: 14944

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:03 pm    Post subject:

22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Randle has a similar "IT" in his want to take over/score possession after possession. Something that a Aaron Gordon, Exum don't have.
Randle has the IT and the skill to me. The deciding factor for Randle is motor/conditioning to me. He'll look really Dame Lilliard relentless then.


Agreed. And with his work ethic the conditioning will come.


Oh god hahahaha

Start your own Julius Randle is a HOF thread.
_________________
#11/08/16 America became GREAT again
#Avatar-gate
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
22
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 05 Apr 2013
Posts: 16880

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 12:16 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Randle has a similar "IT" in his want to take over/score possession after possession. Something that a Aaron Gordon, Exum don't have.
Randle has the IT and the skill to me. The deciding factor for Randle is motor/conditioning to me. He'll look really Dame Lilliard relentless then.


Agreed. And with his work ethic the conditioning will come.


Oh god hahahaha

Start your own Julius Randle is a HOF thread.


Dang man are you obsessed with me or what? You realize you quoted a post from January right?

Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
GoldenThroat
Moderator
Moderator


Joined: 25 Jul 2005
Posts: 37474

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject:

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
22 wrote:
KeepItRealOrElse wrote:
Randle has a similar "IT" in his want to take over/score possession after possession. Something that a Aaron Gordon, Exum don't have.
Randle has the IT and the skill to me. The deciding factor for Randle is motor/conditioning to me. He'll look really Dame Lilliard relentless then.


Agreed. And with his work ethic the conditioning will come.


Oh god hahahaha

Start your own Julius Randle is a HOF thread.


You need to chill, man. You've been on one lately.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
LakeShowSince84
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation


Joined: 14 Jul 2014
Posts: 313

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 9:59 am    Post subject: Re: Damian Lillard

KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
KobeRe-Loaded wrote:
WOW ... this guy has "IT". In 5 years you can look back at the draft and realize he should have been the #1 or #2 pick.

This guy is like a hybrid of CP3 & DWill ... strength, quickness, and a killer jumper.

I think Portland wants him at #6

The Lakers should think of making a play for this kid.


Guess it only took 2 years

Anthony Davis is deserving of #1




Gonna start tuning into your scouting report lolbvs..Good call
_________________
True Laker fan from the state of Michigan! You know you're a true fan when physical altercations take place involving your team in discussions...Yeah man...True fanimal
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
MJST
Franchise Player
Franchise Player


Joined: 06 Jul 2014
Posts: 18883

PostPosted: Sun May 10, 2015 1:35 pm    Post subject:

I think the only problem is that 3 years from now.. he may be the same player he is now instead of making a gigantic improvement each year and hitting the greatness mark by year 5-6.

That's not a bad thing though but I'm thinking we've seen the best from him this far and his ceiling and he's gonna hang there for a few years till his late 20s.

It's a pretty good ceiling too. But what he needs to work on now is becoming more efficient and a better defender.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
YSong
Star Player
Star Player


Joined: 16 Sep 2016
Posts: 2329

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2019 1:41 pm    Post subject:

Pretty impressive someone on here actually was able to predict Lillard would be this great!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Reply with quote
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to:  

 
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum






Graphics by uberzev
© 1995-2018 LakersGround.net. All Rights Reserved. Privacy Policy. Terms of Use.
LakersGround is an unofficial news source serving the fan community since 1995.
We are in no way associated with the Los Angeles Lakers or the National Basketball Association.


Powered by phpBB