Lakers in the News 6/7/12:
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:30 am    Post subject:

Thanks, Cha*n! You put in a lot of work and it was appreciated.

To everyone else: I always considered this mostly a "read-only" thread. Discussion of any articles should have taken place in the abundance of threads below, not in the "news" thread. It's something to keep in mind in case anyone else is so gracious as to volunteer for a thankless job.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
Okay, you guys do the News,

Chan,

I greatly appreciate the work you put in.

I used to know your uncle (I believe you are Phil's niece) and I would help him out from time to time for the news.

Please do not get offended by some posters who have nothing else to do but vent their anger at others. This community is what it is, because of posters who contribute to the site, such as you, DB with the T&R, Emplay with his articles, mods doing their moderating etc. Everyone has their part, and yours with the news was part of it.

Please continue to post the news as I promise you the majority of us want you to do so. And it continues the tradition of your uncle and our dear friend, Phil Allen.

Thanks again. I look forward to more news !
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Cha*n wrote:

Chan,

I used to know your uncle (I believe you are Phil's niece) and I would help him out from time to time for the news.

Please do not get offended by some posters who have nothing else to do but vent their anger at others. This community is what it is, because of posters who contribute to the site, such as you, DB with the T&R, Emplay with his articles, mods doing their moderating etc. Everyone has their part, and yours with the news was part of it.

Please continue to post the news as I promise you the majority of us want you to do so. And it continues the tradition of your uncle and our dear friend, Phil Allen.

I agree with this post. It takes a lot of time and effort to do the research on news and post things that are worth looking at.

Chan you've done a great job with the news aspect as it provides a lot of great insight for the other laker fans that check this site from time to time. Don't let what other posters, who like wolfpaclaker mentioned, seem to either consciously or subconsciously enjoy bringing down other people by venting their own anger.

Keep up the news!
SpunkieLakerCat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:15 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Cha*n wrote:

Chan,

+1000 Cha*n don't let the few jerks bother you. We do so appreciate all you do!!!!!

Coach Wooden
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 2:12 pm    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
Thanks, Cha*n! You put in a lot of work and it was appreciated.

To everyone else: I always considered this mostly a "read-only" thread. Discussion of any articles should have taken place in the abundance of threads below, not in the "news" thread. It's something to keep in mind in case anyone else is so gracious as to volunteer for a thankless job.
akgolf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:18 pm    Post subject:

Appreciate the work you've done and hope you reconsider, but I can understand your decision.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject:

Thans Ch*n for the news.
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 10:58 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Can we please knock of the "rumors" nonsense. SAholeS's hypotheticals do not equal "rumors" any more than silly trade scenarios in the trade forum do.

How about you post the news from now on since cha*n has resigned? That way we can ungratefully crap all over the countless hours of service you give. Sound good?

Well said!
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:
Can we please knock of the "rumors" nonsense. SAholeS's hypotheticals do not equal "rumors" any more than silly trade scenarios in the trade forum do.

How about you post the news from now on since cha*n has resigned? That way we can ungratefully crap all over the countless hours of service you give. Sound good?

Well said!

I grew up in the State of Missouri where the mule is the State animal but we all called them asses.

I got a very nice e-mail from Wolfpacker who grasps what motivaed me to do the News. Not a day goes by that my Aunt and I don't speak of my late Uncle Phil. I used to do the "Lakers in the News" for him many times when I was going through College. We used to go to games at the Forum with Uncle Phil and my also now deceased Grandpa (he was a Jazz fan, lol.)

I feel I'm being over dramatic behind quitting but maybe needed a break. I like ChefLinda's suggetion and will consider posting the News agian. under those circumstances. I'll also watch the titles remembering not everyone has a College education here.

DB and the admin group here are terrific and have been very good to me. So have most of LGer's.

Let me take a break and I'll post the News again soon.

Best regards to you all.
akgolf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:43 pm    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Well said!

I grew up in the State of Missouri where the mule is the State animal but we all called them asses.

I got a very nice e-mail from Wolfpacker who grasps what motivaed me to do the News. Not a day goes by that my Aunt and I don't speak of my late Uncle Phil. I used to do the "Lakers in the News" for him many times when I was going through College. We used to go to games at the Forum with Uncle Phil and my also now deceased Grandpa (he was a Jazz fan, lol.)

I feel I'm being over dramatic behind quitting but maybe needed a break. I like ChefLinda's suggetion and will consider posting the News agian. under those circumstances. I'll also watch the titles remembering not everyone has a College education here.

DB and the admin group here are terrific and have been very good to me. So have most of LGer's.

Best regards to you all.

Glad to hear it!
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:08 pm    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Well said!

Best regards to you all.

DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I'll handle this through PM's because it is so ridiculous I don't think it serves any productive purpose to discuss it as openly as it should be. But I would like to know why I'm getting called out when this is in the thread, which is exactly what I said:

ForrestHump wrote:
Stupid title, even SAS says 100 times before he speculates that there is no such deal ever discussed or put on the table, it's his personal Heat bandwagon opinion, all of a sudden Kobe is being traded. Please.
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:08 pm    Post subject:

ForrestHump wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
ForrestHump wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I think most people appreciate the news, but it's a huge STRETCH to call it a Rumor when SAS said it's not on the table and it's his own opinion and in his mind a trade that is a win-win for both teams.

cha*n has done a great job and I applaud him for that, but the title was seriously misleading for people who didn't see the ESPN video beforehand.

The title said Trade "talks" and I put talk to emphasis that. "Rumor" was in the title of the articles, 2 sources. I don't decide what authors use fyi.

Your "stupid" and the Damules comment even after I answered him, he kept it up, did it for me. Also, again fyi I am a female.

Sorry I have to quit this. It isn't worth me keeping company with a few here.

Go Lakers and Lakersground.net!

Sorry that you took that offensively, I don't think that should be the reason to quit posting the news, I understand why you were offended but that's just stupid to me, so what a couple of douchebags (apparently myself included) were puzzled about the title, it's just one thread, could of just told me and Damules how stupid we were and moved on from that, I just don't think Stephen A Smith's opinion should be regarded as "news", it's not news, it's his personal opinion that the Heat should get Kobe to mentor Lebron and Pau Gasol to dominate the post.

I appreciate the news you have posted here, I don't think you should stop just because of that.

Nevertheless, good luck in the future, I hope you won't quit tho.

That's it, with the crap Damules just pm'd me and this total BS post I have no good feels for this site.

Bye for good and I mean it.

Please no plea's to continue. I'll remember my uncle Phil in the other ways I do.

btw the Mav's and Lakers are working on getting Odom back to L.A.
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:10 pm    Post subject:

http://www.faniq.com/blog/Lakers-and-Mavericks-Try-to-Find-a-Way-to-Trade-Odom-Blog-50578
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject:

Let's really make it permanent (bleep) YOU Damules and ForrestHump

Might as well ban me DB.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 8:55 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Cha*n wrote:
ForrestHump wrote:
Cha*n wrote:
ForrestHump wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I think most people appreciate the news, but it's a huge STRETCH to call it a Rumor when SAS said it's not on the table and it's his own opinion and in his mind a trade that is a win-win for both teams.

cha*n has done a great job and I applaud him for that, but the title was seriously misleading for people who didn't see the ESPN video beforehand.

The title said Trade "talks" and I put talk to emphasis that. "Rumor" was in the title of the articles, 2 sources. I don't decide what authors use fyi.

Your "stupid" and the Damules comment even after I answered him, he kept it up, did it for me. Also, again fyi I am a female.

Sorry I have to quit this. It isn't worth me keeping company with a few here.

Go Lakers and Lakersground.net!

Sorry that you took that offensively, I don't think that should be the reason to quit posting the news, I understand why you were offended but that's just stupid to me, so what a couple of douchebags (apparently myself included) were puzzled about the title, it's just one thread, could of just told me and Damules how stupid we were and moved on from that, I just don't think Stephen A Smith's opinion should be regarded as "news", it's not news, it's his personal opinion that the Heat should get Kobe to mentor Lebron and Pau Gasol to dominate the post.

I appreciate the news you have posted here, I don't think you should stop just because of that.

Nevertheless, good luck in the future, I hope you won't quit tho.

That's it, with the crap Damules just pm'd me

I didn't PM you any "crap". I simply rebutted your nonsense after several of your whiney PM's where you claimed you couldn't possibly go on because I said Screaming A Smith's rants aren't rumors about actual moves.[/quote]
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:25 pm    Post subject:

What a rotten way to end things.
ForrestHump
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 1:57 am    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
Let's really make it permanent (bleep) YOU Damules and ForrestHump

Might as well ban me DB.

You clearly have some mental issues, come back when you get back on track, I hope you won't have to live it out on me much longer, if you can't take a little criticism on the internet I don't know why you would even use it.

Appreciate the news, hope your personal life works out, please don't live it out on my any longer.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject:

Thanks again, Cha*n. Good luck with your future.

I'm locking this thread before it gets worse.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: