Lakers in the News 6/7/12:
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:42 pm    Post subject: Lakers in the News 6/7/12:

Lakers Trade Rumors: Kobe Bryant and Pau Gasol for Dwyane Wade and Chris Bosh a Possibility?

By ANTHONY RICCOBONO: Subscribe to Anthony's RSS feed
June 7, 2012 2:43 PM EDT

With the Heat on the verge of being eliminated from the playoffs, many experts are trying to figure out what Miami can do to win a championship. LeBron James announced that the Heat would form a dynasty when he signed with them in 2010, but Miami is one loss away from not reaching its goal once again.

There was much speculation about what the Lakers might do when they were knocked out of the postseason. Los Angeles lost in the second round for the second straight season. L.A. made it to the NBA Finals the previous three seasons.

Expectations are extremely high for both the Lakers and Heat. If either team does not win a title, the season is considered a failure.

After two straight failures, both teams are looking for ways to improve their title chances.

There have been rumors that the Lakers might trade Pau Gasol. He was sent to the Hornets in December, before David Stern vetoed the trade, so Los Angeles is willing to part with him for the right price.

Last edited by Cha*n on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Lakers unlikely to get Deron Williams or Lamar Odom

They probably can't afford Williams, and new rule means Odom can't be reacquired by the Lakers until December.

By Mike Bresnahan and Mark Medina
June 6, 2012, 6:44 p.m.
Will Lamar Odom join the Lakers? Probably not. What about Deron Williams? Ditto.

Lakers fans won't want to hear it, but their off-season remodeling project remains as difficult as ever.

Williams, a likely free agent this summer and one of the NBA's top point guards, was cognizant of the Lakers' limited purchasing power. They have very little to spend on free agents because they are so far over the luxury-tax threshold. Their biggest tool is the $3-million "mini" mid-level exception.

"I know they don't have any money to just go out and sign me. It'll have to be some kind of [trade]," Williams said Wednesday at the E3 Expo, where he promoted the video game "NBA Baller Beats."
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:50 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 2012 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Draymond Green

Written by Gil Alcaraz IV on 06/07/2012 in Editorials - 0 Comments
The Home of the BLEED PURPLE & GOLD Shirt - Get Yours Now

One of the best ways to add talent to an NBA roster, especially one that’s in desperate need of some young blood, is the NBA Draft. Less than a month away, the draft will provide the Los Angeles Lakers with the perfect opportunity to add a few fresh legs while addressing some of their biggest concerns.

Heading into the off-season, the Lakers have a potentially glaring need at the small forward spot. With veteran Metta World Peace a likely victim to the amnesty clause, journeyman Matt Barnes unlikely to be re-signed and youngster Devin Ebanks still struggling to prove that he’s ready for a starting role, small forward could end up being the Lakers’ biggest hole heading into the 2012-2013 season.
Fishlakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:51 pm    Post subject:

That would be one crazy trade if that went down. However, I don't think it would go down. Not sure the Lakers would trade Kobe he is more than just the face of the franchise he is the face of LA SPORTS. Interesting idea though, I could see a Gasol for Bosh straight up trade but not sure the Lakers would do that because they would be adding years of being in Luxury cap hell with Bosh's extended years past the ending of Gasol's deal. I like Bosh and his age, and I think he is hampered by being the third option behind Wade and Lebron. Perhaps here he would get way more shots but that is still unknown knowing that Bynum is gonna want more touches too.

Highly Unlikely in my opinion, but who knows.
Game 3 Victory in Denver . Mostly they were talking about Fisher's speech, the kind that might one day be put on T-shirts and repeated on the corner of 11th and Figueroa, words fit for a parade, his Lakers stepping into their destiny. L.A. Times 2009
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:54 pm    Post subject:

L.A.'s needs look very familiar

June, 7, 2012

By Brian Kamenetzky
ESPNLosAngeles.com

At this point one year ago, the Lakers were well into their offseason, having been swept out of the second round by the (eventual champion) Dallas Mavericks. At that point, we outlined five major areas of need heading into the 2011-12 season.

12 months later, after again bowing out (or being bowed, more accurately) in the second round, again in lopsided fashion this time by Oklahoma City, it's worth looking back at those five problem areas to see how well they were addressed. The answers aren't instructive simply in terms of giving the front office crew of Mitch Kupchak and Jim Buss a grade (though that's been the theme over the last 10 days or so), but also showing the challenges they face going forward.

How many items were effectively crossed off last offseason's to-do list?

1. Outside shooting.

Among the many ugly, indelible memories of the 4-0 pasting against the Mavs in 2011 was watching the Lakers clang shot after shot from beyond the arc. 15-of-76 overall, for a go-ahead-and-try-this-at-home-because-you-wouldn't-be-any-worse 19.7 percent. The spectacularly poor marksmanship left fans pining for the salad days of the regular season, when the Lakers' 35.2 3-point percentage merely made them below average (tied for 17th).
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Stop the nonsense. Kobe isn't getting traded. There's no real world scenario where that happens while he has a no trade clause because even a three team trade is not going to keep the three teams AND Kobe interested.
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject:

L.A. Lakers: 8 Veteran Free Agents to Target Before Next Season

L.A. Lakers: 8 Veteran Free Agents to Target Before Next Season
By Maxwell Ogden (Featured Columnist) on June 7, 2012

The 2012 NBA season was highlighted by three disappointing facts: the Lakers struggle at the point, are dismal from distance and just can't keep up with their younger opponents. Time to find a true facilitator, three-point shooter and add some much needed athleticism.

The question is, who will they target?

With a free agent class filled with talent and a salary cap that's as thin as any, the Lakers' options are limited. Nevertheless, drastic changes could be on the way. Here are eight veterans who could contribute to that necessary alteration.
Fishlakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject:

That would be one crazy trade if that went down. However, I don't think it would go down. Not sure the Lakers would trade Kobe he is more than just the face of the franchise he is the face of LA SPORTS. Interesting idea though, I could see a Gasol for Bosh straight up trade but not sure the Lakers would do that because they would be adding years of being in Luxury cap hell with Bosh's extended years past the ending of Gasol's deal. I like Bosh and his age, and I think he is hampered by being the third option behind Wade and Lebron. Perhaps here he would get way more shots but that is still unknown knowing that Bynum is gonna want more touches too.

Highly Unlikely in my opinion, but who knows.
Game 3 Victory in Denver . Mostly they were talking about Fisher's speech, the kind that might one day be put on T-shirts and repeated on the corner of 11th and Figueroa, words fit for a parade, his Lakers stepping into their destiny. L.A. Times 2009
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Kobe Bryant and Andrew Bynum Reportedly Heading to Germany for Knee Procedure

Kobe Bryant is heading back to Germany for a knee procedure, and this time he's taking center Andrew Bynum with him.

Mike Trudell of Lakers.com is reporting that the Black Mamba will return to Germany for another procedure, and this time, he'll take Lakers center Andrew Bynum with him:

Mike Trudell -at- LakersReporter
The proce
dure obviously worked well for Kobe, so he'll go back to Germany, * Bynum will as well.
The procedure is called Orthokine and it's a non-invasive procedure. It entails a course of injections of plasma-rich platelets that is designed to stimulate healing in arthritis-affected areas.

Since Kobe had his initial procedure done, he has looked so much healthier on the court, sans the bad wrist, of course. It has seemingly done wonders for his arthritic knee, and he has even referred New York Yankees star Alex Rodriguez to Dr. Wehling for the same procedure.
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Stop the nonsense. Kobe isn't getting traded. There's no real world scenario where that happens while he has a no trade clause because even a three team trade is not going to keep the three teams AND Kobe interested.

Can't stop the talk/rumors. Just don't take them seriouly.
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:05 pm    Post subject:

NBA Rumors: Lakers to Trade Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol for Heat’s Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh?

Submitted by Alex Groberman on Jun 7, 2012
Before this season began, a lot of people had the Los Angeles Lakers and Miami Heat playing for the NBA Championship. The Lakers boasted two seven-footers that were supposed to make The Association quake in its boots, and the Heat had two of the top five superstars in the league right now. It seemed like an inevitable, destined showdown.

Of course, that’s why you play the games.

Fast forward to now. The Lakers got unceremoniously bounced out of the playoffs again this year, and the Heat look to be on the verge of following suit.

Sure, Miami could probably come back against the ancient Boston Celtics and ultimately make it to the NBA Finals, but there is no way they’ll beat an Oklahoma City Thunder team that’s firing on all cylinders right now. And seeing as it’s championship or bust for the Heat, anything less will be just as much of a failure for them as getting knocked out in the second round was for the Lakers.
DaMuleRules
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:09 pm    Post subject:

Can we please knock of the "rumors" nonsense. SAholeS's hypotheticals do not equal "rumors" any more than silly trade scenarios in the trade forum do.
ForrestHump
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Stupid title, even SAS says 100 times before he speculates that there is no such deal ever discussed or put on the table, it's his personal Heat bandwagon opinion, all of a sudden Kobe is being traded. Please.

Heat are still in the playoffs, if they choke miserably today they might move a few pieces, but no way in hell will Kobe and Gasol go to Miami, you're talking about the whole salary cap being used on 3 players
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:33 pm    Post subject:

Okay, you guys do the News,

Last edited by Cha*n on Thu Jun 07, 2012 6:38 pm; edited 1 time in total
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:09 pm    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:
Can we please knock of the "rumors" nonsense. SAholeS's hypotheticals do not equal "rumors" any more than silly trade scenarios in the trade forum do.

How about you post the news from now on since cha*n has resigned? That way we can ungratefully crap all over the countless hours of service you give. Sound good?
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
Okay, you guys do the News,

We appreciate you putting all the news in one place so we don't have to search the net for it.

ForrestHump
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:23 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

How about you post the news from now on since cha*n has resigned? That way we can ungratefully crap all over the countless hours of service you give. Sound good?

I think most people appreciate the news, but it's a huge STRETCH to call it a Rumor when SAS said it's not on the table and it's his own opinion and in his mind a trade that is a win-win for both teams.

cha*n has done a great job and I applaud him for that, but the title was seriously misleading for people who didn't see the ESPN video beforehand.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject:

ForrestHump wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

I think most people appreciate the news, but it's a huge STRETCH to call it a Rumor when SAS said it's not on the table and it's his own opinion and in his mind a trade that is a win-win for both teams.

cha*n has done a great job and I applaud him for that, but the title was seriously misleading for people who didn't see the ESPN video beforehand.

The title said Trade "talks" and I put talk to emphasis that. "Rumor" was in the title of the articles, 2 sources. I don't decide what authors use fyi.

Your "stupid" and the Damules comment even after I answered him, he kept it up, did it for me. Also, again fyi I am a female.

Sorry I have to quit this. It isn't worth me keeping company with a few here.

Go Lakers and Lakersground.net!
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:25 am    Post subject:

DaMuleRules wrote:

Not to mention that the Lakers would supposedly make this deal so that they can get lesser players than they would be giving up. Kobe is still better than Wade, who is incidentally constantly injured and getting worse. Gasol is better on both sides of the ball than Bosh.

Why on earth would the Lakers make such a bad deal when it wouldn't get us closer to a tile? Just because the players we would acquire are younger?

Miami would love that deal. They would get a top 3 center in Gasol, a assassin in Bryant that would stop the "whose doing what down the stretch" impotence that takes over the HEAT far too often.

What would would the Lakers get? A shorter Gasol with no back to the basket game? A lesser version of Bryant without the post up or outside game?

Never mind the fan revolt in Los Angeles.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:18 am    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
ForrestHump wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

The title said Trade "talks" and I put talk to emphasis that. "Rumor" was in the title of the articles, 2 sources. I don't decide what authors use fyi.

Your "stupid" and the Damules comment even after I answered him, he kept it up, did it for me. Also, again fyi I am a female.

We'll miss your contributions Cha*n, and I hope you consider starting it up again some day - I also liked having all of these in one spot. I'm partially at fault for not saying 'thank you' as often as I should have.

Fact is I've been staying away from LG a lot more lately, because every time I log in I see a preponderance of negativity, player bashing, silly arguments, and it's hard to relate to the critical nature so many posters seem to take towards any other poster who disagrees with them these days. You'd swear this was Bynum.net anymore for the arguments about the guy who plays center for us.

That's not news, it's not insight, it's simply people defending their positions and belittling others' opinions, running over the same old ground over and over, thread after thread, and after a point it becomes a waste of time.

News, information and insight about the Lakers are the main things I try to get when I visit LG, and it's increasingly getting drowned out by highly aggressive, negative opinions and infighting.

So... Cha*n, I'll miss your contributions, as I'll bet a lot of other posters will as well. Still, I can easily see why you got fed up with this, and no matter whether or not you decide to resume you deserve a great big 'thank you' for the work you've done.
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 7:52 am    Post subject:

We will miss you Ch*n
DonMagicWand
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:01 am    Post subject:

Come back Ch*n, I appreciate you putting in all the news in one thread.

R.I.P.&G. Dr. Buss
Gimme_the_rock
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Looking outta the window, watching the asphalt grow ...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:

We'll miss your contributions Cha*n, and I hope you consider starting it up again some day - I also liked having all of these in one spot. I'm partially at fault for not saying 'thank you' as often as I should have.

Fact is I've been staying away from LG a lot more lately, because every time I log in I see a preponderance of negativity, player bashing, silly arguments, and it's hard to relate to the critical nature so many posters seem to take towards any other poster who disagrees with them these days. You'd swear this was Bynum.net anymore for the arguments about the guy who plays center for us.

That's not news, it's not insight, it's simply people defending their positions and belittling others' opinions, running over the same old ground over and over, thread after thread, and after a point it becomes a waste of time.

News, information and insight about the Lakers are the main things I try to get when I visit LG, and it's increasingly getting drowned out by highly aggressive, negative opinions and infighting.

So... Cha*n, I'll miss your contributions, as I'll bet a lot of other posters will as well. Still, I can easily see why you got fed up with this, and no matter whether or not you decide to resume you deserve a great big 'thank you' for the work you've done.

And Ch*an ... thank you very, very much for wrapping up any and all Laker-related news day in/day out just to spoon feed all of us lazy, cynical, and unappreciative mocking Laker "fans" that have no clue how to think outside of ourselves long enough to allow some common sense to enter in and extend courtesy and grace for a voluntary effort made for the benefit of others.

I have visited your threads daily and will miss them on my visits.
thenewera
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject:

freaking couple of a holes have to ruin it for everybody else.....

if you dont like the article or article title...dont click on the article or just click back so you can go back to the lounge

Thans Ch*n....appreciate the effort ...
ForrestHump
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 9:53 am    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
ForrestHump wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
DaMuleRules wrote:

Sorry that you took that offensively, I don't think that should be the reason to quit posting the news, I understand why you were offended but that's just stupid to me, so what a couple of douchebags (apparently myself included) were puzzled about the title, it's just one thread, could of just told me and Damules how stupid we were and moved on from that, I just don't think Stephen A Smith's opinion should be regarded as "news", it's not news, it's his personal opinion that the Heat should get Kobe to mentor Lebron and Pau Gasol to dominate the post.

I appreciate the news you have posted here, I don't think you should stop just because of that.

Nevertheless, good luck in the future, I hope you won't quit tho.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: