Lakers in the News 6/3/12: Lakers Rumors: Pau Gasol to be traded for Paul Pierce?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Game James
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 9:55 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
jager67 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Of course it is a possibility, it works on the trade checker. As for the trade, I would pass. Pierce is looking old in the playoffs this year.

I could not of said that better myself!

I can say it better:

Hell no, I don't want that piece of trash (bleep) on my team.

Co-signed!
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 10:12 am    Post subject:

The guy is a competitor and far better than any Forward on our roster.....

That being said....I completely agree:

Quote:
Hell no, I don't want that piece of trash (bleep) on my team.
Scherm
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers in the News 6/3/12: Lakers Rumors: Pau Gasol to be traded for Paul Pierce?

[quote="Cha*n"]
Lakers Rumors: Pau Gasol to be traded for Paul Pierce?

T
Paul Pierce at this stage of his career: The Half-Truth
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:46 pm    Post subject:

Bynum/McRob
Hill/LO
Pierce/KB
KB/MWP
Sessions/Blake

I think MWP and LO coming off the bench together would be awesome.
thumpinghead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:48 pm    Post subject:

KB
Pierce
Bynum
LO
MWP
Hill
Sessions

is a championship core
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
RyderzDelight wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Can we change "Jim buss is a moron" to "Jim buss is a (bleep) idiot"?

I would have co-signed. But after I heard that interview, I want to give the guy a chance. So far, he tried to get Chris Paul and get the Lakers under the cap at the same time. Wasn't his fault that Stern is hellbent on competing with the WWE. His only moronic and idiotic move is the hiring of Mike Brown. Jim, what the hell were you thinking?! Over Adleman?!!!

Exactly. Ever since "The Veto", Which happened the night of my Birthday coincidentally, I've retired my "Jim Buss Is A Moron" sig. He's earned a 5-Year Grace Period from me because that's how long Dan Gilbert and David Stern set us back.

i would agree naturally... but a part of me says jerry buss had alot to do with the cp3 deal and jimmy buss had alot to do with the mike brown hiring....

Given that Jerry Buss has been ill, it's highly unlikely he had anything to do with that vetoed trade other than approve it.

why would jerry buss veto the trade. all im saying is who thought of this trade. Jerry, Jim or Mitch

Are you for real?

Let me rephrase:

I said it's highly unlikely that Jerry Buss had anything to do with putting together the NOW vetoed trade for Chris Paul. His involvement likely extended to agreeing to it once it was presented to him. He has been ill so expecting that he was involved with any of the brainstorming or negotiations involved in that trade is not very realistic. That trade was all Mitch and Jim, with Jerry giving his thumbs up on the approval.
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 11:41 pm    Post subject:

What about Sessions and Bynum for KG and Rondo...

KG
Pau
Artest
Kobe
Rondo

Hmmm??? I'd still look for a small forward who can shoot since there will be even less spacing with Rondo who doesn't shoot threes.
StapleGun24
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers in the News 6/3/12: Lakers Rumors: Pau Gasol to be traded for Paul Pierce?

[quote="Scherm"]
Cha*n wrote:

T
Paul Pierce at this stage of his career: The Half-Truth

problem with this is, it kills any chance of getting d-will (much younger than pierce obviously) for pau in a three team trade. lets explore that option first and foremost, before looking at other ventures.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:48 am    Post subject:

Runway8 wrote:
What about Sessions and Bynum for KG and Rondo...

KG
Pau
Artest
Kobe
Rondo

Hmmm??? I'd still look for a small forward who can shoot since there will be even less spacing with Rondo who doesn't shoot threes.

I was saying Bynum for Rondo + KG, but I guess Sessions would allow Boston to have a backup PG too. But I think the Celts don't want to lose KG/Allen for nothing this summer. Although they could use the salary cap space, but since when have free agents really flocked to Boston?
cganesh75
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 10:54 am    Post subject:

it will be great if houston picks up Austin rivers in the draft, then we can send gasol to houston, rivers and Kevin martin to boston and we get rondo and re-signed KG
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 4:26 pm    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
LakerJam wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
RyderzDelight wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Can we change "Jim buss is a moron" to "Jim buss is a (bleep) idiot"?

I would have co-signed. But after I heard that interview, I want to give the guy a chance. So far, he tried to get Chris Paul and get the Lakers under the cap at the same time. Wasn't his fault that Stern is hellbent on competing with the WWE. His only moronic and idiotic move is the hiring of Mike Brown. Jim, what the hell were you thinking?! Over Adleman?!!!

Exactly. Ever since "The Veto", Which happened the night of my Birthday coincidentally, I've retired my "Jim Buss Is A Moron" sig. He's earned a 5-Year Grace Period from me because that's how long Dan Gilbert and David Stern set us back.

i would agree naturally... but a part of me says jerry buss had alot to do with the cp3 deal and jimmy buss had alot to do with the mike brown hiring....

Given that Jerry Buss has been ill, it's highly unlikely he had anything to do with that vetoed trade other than approve it.

why would jerry buss veto the trade. all im saying is who thought of this trade. Jerry, Jim or Mitch

Are you for real?

Let me rephrase:

I said it's highly unlikely that Jerry Buss had anything to do with putting together the NOW vetoed trade for Chris Paul. His involvement likely extended to agreeing to it once it was presented to him. He has been ill so expecting that he was involved with any of the brainstorming or negotiations involved in that trade is not very realistic. That trade was all Mitch and Jim, with Jerry giving his thumbs up on the approval.

my bad i read your original post a little to quickly... i thought it said "trade veto" instead of "vetoed trade".

but ya i agree with what you are saying however they may have made a big mistake on mike brown
LakersDCMD
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:52 am    Post subject:

These made up trade rumors are disgusting

Obviously if they are trading Gasol it would be to get younger or for a guard.

The crappy thing about the NBA is anyone can make up something like Gasol for Rondo. And when it never happens, no one is punished or remembers who reported it.

A blind man could to tell u Boston would never trade a 26 year old PG. Not even 4 years ago.
frijolero01
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:14 pm    Post subject:

(bleep) no. He's lost all of his LA privileges.
The Shadow King
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Lakers in the News 6/3/12: Lakers Rumors: Pau Gasol to be traded for Paul Pierce?

Cha*n wrote:

The trade rumors surrounding Pau Gasol of the Los Angeles Lakers have started to surface in the City of Angels with a good possibility of the Spanish forward having played his last game with the Lakers.

With play Gasol failing to prove to the Lakers’ front office that he is worth holding onto for the last two years of his contract at $19 million a season, GM Mitch Kupchak is pursuing different options on the trade market for the Lakers’ star forward.

View slideshow: Pau Gasol vs. Paul Pierce

An intriguing trade option that has just surfaced for the Lakers is acquiring veteran forward Paul Pierce from the Boston Celtics. With the Big 3 in Boston on the verge of being dismantled after this season, Pierce may become trade bait for GM Danny Ainge with the team seemingly wanting to build around All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo.

According to Ric Bucher of ESPN the Magazine, Pierce for Gasol trade is a possibility:

Putting aside the fact that I absolutely loathe Paul Pierce, trading for him makes absolutely no sense. If Barnes isn't coming back or we amnesty World Peace, I would much rather develop Ebanks. If we trade Gasol, either Deron Williams needs to come back in exchange or some solid role players off the bench do. Pierce would be a waste.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2012 11:54 pm    Post subject:

Nothing makes me cringe more than the thought of sacrificing half our frontcourt for a geriatric wing player entering his twilight years. And a true dbag to boot.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 4:25 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers in the News 6/3/12: Lakers Rumors: Pau Gasol to be traded for Paul Pierce?

Dormammu wrote:
Cha*n wrote:

The trade rumors surrounding Pau Gasol of the Los Angeles Lakers have started to surface in the City of Angels with a good possibility of the Spanish forward having played his last game with the Lakers.

With play Gasol failing to prove to the Lakers’ front office that he is worth holding onto for the last two years of his contract at $19 million a season, GM Mitch Kupchak is pursuing different options on the trade market for the Lakers’ star forward.

An intriguing trade option that has just surfaced for the Lakers is acquiring veteran forward Paul Pierce from the Boston Celtics. With the Big 3 in Boston on the verge of being dismantled after this season, Pierce may become trade bait for GM Danny Ainge with the team seemingly wanting to build around All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo.

According to Ric Bucher of ESPN the Magazine, Pierce for Gasol trade is a possibility:

Putting aside the fact that I absolutely loathe Paul Pierce, trading for him makes absolutely no sense. If Barnes isn't coming back or we amnesty World Peace, I would much rather develop Ebanks. If we trade Gasol, either Deron Williams needs to come back in exchange or some solid role players off the bench do. Pierce would be a waste.

Here's why I think it may make sense:

As with Kobe, Pierce's contract ends after 2 seasons. The Lakers trade Gasol, thus opening the paint up for Bynum. We get another All-Star perimeter player, who can score with our without Kobe on the court. Also, with Pierce on board, Kevin Garnett would probably be willing to take the mini MLE to sign with the Lakers.

A trade like this would work: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c2k6cce

Sign Jordan Hill. Maybe sign Jason Kidd for the Vet. Min.

We wouldn't be getting any younger, but if the FO is going to build around Bynum, then it's going to have to wait until Kobe retires anyway.
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject:

Same dog different fleas.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Re: Lakers in the News 6/3/12: Lakers Rumors: Pau Gasol to be traded for Paul Pierce?

vanexelent wrote:
Dormammu wrote:
Cha*n wrote:

Here's why I think it may make sense:

As with Kobe, Pierce's contract ends after 2 seasons. The Lakers trade Gasol, thus opening the paint up for Bynum. We get another All-Star perimeter player, who can score with our without Kobe on the court. Also, with Pierce on board, Kevin Garnett would probably be willing to take the mini MLE to sign with the Lakers.

A trade like this would work: http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=c2k6cce

Sign Jordan Hill. Maybe sign Jason Kidd for the Vet. Min.

We wouldn't be getting any younger, but if the FO is going to build around Bynum, then it's going to have to wait until Kobe retires anyway.

The logic is fine, but my joints hurt from contemplating all these old joints joining our team...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: