Lakers in the News 6/3/12: Lakers Rumors: Pau Gasol to be traded for Paul Pierce?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:18 pm    Post subject: Lakers in the News 6/3/12: Lakers Rumors: Pau Gasol to be traded for Paul Pierce?

Lakers Rumors: Pau Gasol to be traded for Paul Pierce?

The trade rumors surrounding Pau Gasol of the Los Angeles Lakers have started to surface in the City of Angels with a good possibility of the Spanish forward having played his last game with the Lakers.

With play Gasol failing to prove to the Lakers’ front office that he is worth holding onto for the last two years of his contract at $19 million a season, GM Mitch Kupchak is pursuing different options on the trade market for the Lakers’ star forward.

View slideshow: Pau Gasol vs. Paul Pierce

An intriguing trade option that has just surfaced for the Lakers is acquiring veteran forward Paul Pierce from the Boston Celtics. With the Big 3 in Boston on the verge of being dismantled after this season, Pierce may become trade bait for GM Danny Ainge with the team seemingly wanting to build around All-Star point guard Rajon Rondo.

According to Ric Bucher of ESPN the Magazine, Pierce for Gasol trade is a possibility:
kobe.f.bryant
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:21 pm    Post subject:

add a sign and trade garnett
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject:

Of course it is a possibility, it works on the trade checker. As for the trade, I would pass. Pierce is looking old in the playoffs this year.
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject:

PASSINGS: LeRoy Ellis, Jack Twyman
LeRoy Ellis, NBA player for 14 seasons, dies at 72; Jack Twyman, one of the NBA's top scorers in the 1950s, dies at 78.

LEROY ELLIS

Ex-Laker backed up Wilt Chamberlin on 1971-72 title team

LeRoy Ellis, 72, a first-round draft pick of the Lakers in 1962 who was the backup center to Wilt Chamberlin on the 1971-72 NBA championship team, died Saturday in Portland, Ore., after battling cancer.

Ellis, a 6-foot-10 forward/center, played 14 seasons in the NBA and averaged 9.7 points and 8.3 rebounds. A New York City native, he played college basketball at St. John's University.

The Lakers chose him with the sixth pick of the 1962 draft and he played four seasons in Los Angeles before being traded to Baltimore. He spent four seasons with the Bullets, and became the first starting center for the expansion Portland Trail Blazers in 1970. The next year the Trail Blazers traded him to the Lakers. He was traded to Philadelphia in 1972 and played there four years.

He played in the NBA finals four times, all with the Lakers.
jager67
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Of course it is a possibility, it works on the trade checker. As for the trade, I would pass. Pierce is looking old in the playoffs this year.

I could not of said that better myself!
Dladi Vidac
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject:

jager67 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I can say it better:

Hell no, I don't want that piece of trash (bleep) on my team.
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Rumors: Ramon Sessions remains undecided about free agency

Ryan Ward

Leading up to the June 20 deadline, Ramon Sessions of the Los Angeles Lakers will have a tough decision to make as he has to decide whether or not to opt-in or opt-out of his contract with the team.

If Sessions decides to opt-in on the final year of his contract, the 26-year-old point guard will make $4.55 million next season with the Lakers. This amount will be the most Sessions has made in one year during his NBA career thus far, but it also offers no long-term security for the up-and-comer as the Lakers may simply let him go via free agency after the 2012-13 NBA season.

View slideshow: Ramon Sessions during the 2012 NBA playoffs

On the other hand, if Sessions decides to opt-out this summer the Lakers may not offer him the long-term contract that he’s looking for. Not only may the Lakers not offer the contract Sessions expecting, but there’s no guarantee other teams in the league will offer the desired contract length and or salary.

According to Alex Kennedy of Hoopsworld.com, Sessions is still undecided about what he’ll do as of June 20:
No. 17
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Lakers 2012 NBA Draft Prospect Profile: Scott Machado

Written by Gil Alcaraz IV on 06/03/2012 in Editorials -

The 2012 NBA Draft is less than a month away. For the Los Angeles Lakers, the draft will certainly provide another opportunity for them to rebuild their roster after a disappointing end to their 2011-2012 season. That is if they can put themselves in a better position than they are currently in.

In an effort to keep you all informed on some of the top talents available during the 2012 NBA Draft who could help the Lakers, I’m kicking off a series of articles covering some of the players who fit their needs and who have some chance of being drafted by the purple and gold.

With my first installment of the Lakers 2012 draft prospect profiles, I’ll be taking a look at Iona point guard Scott Machado.

Heading into the 2012 off-season, it’s unclear as to whether or not the Lakers will get starting point guard Ramon Sessions back. He has a $4.55 million player option for the 2012-2013 season, which he still hasn’t decided what to do with. If he does opt out of playing with the Lakers next season, he’ll become an unrestricted free agent. In that case, the Lakers would be left with aging veteran Steve Blake and 2011 second-round pick Darius Morris as the only true point guards on the roster. Considering that Blake could become a cap casualty and Morris probably won’t be ready to contribute on a game-to-game basis, point guard could potentially be one of the Lakers’ most glaring needs much like it was last off-season.
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Don't get too excited everyone. How often has Ric Bucher been right about anything? I just post the news and Ric does know how to make that.

Last edited by Cha*n on Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Runway8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:31 pm    Post subject:

Yeah lets trade what few trade-able assets we have for a player who's even older than Kobe. That makes a lot of sense Ric.
Cha*n
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject:

Lakers Could Use Phil Jackson In Front Office

Jun 3rd, 2012 at 10:03 am by Chris ShellcroftPhil Jackson

If Jim Buss weren’t so butt-hurt over how much his father respects Phil Jackson then the Lakers could benefit from having another hoops mind in the front office. This week it was revealed that the Orlando Magic had discussions with PJ over their vacant GM position. The L.A. Times also claims that Jackson was being considered in a consulting capacity as well.

Sounds like Jackson is looking to get back into the game and not as a coach.

If Jim Buss could get beyond his jealousy of Jackson then maybe a L.A. reunion would be in the cards. Being that it took more than a year to get Mitch Kupchak a new assistant GM it stands to reason that the Laker front office has needed help for sometime.

This team is entering a new era and some tough basketball decisions will need to be made soon.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
jager67 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I can say it better:

Who the hell is Paul Pierce? Around my house, we call him "Wheelchair." And I don't want a crappy wheelchair any where near my golden franchise!! NO NO NO.. HELL NO to this trade.
KobeDunk
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:52 pm    Post subject:

Pure bs. Boston is still alive, they didn't trade anyone for nothing and got rid of one of their leaders at the deadline. They're still going for#18 while the lakers are at the beach. Makesme sick!
indigenous
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:

In oppose to a Gasol who looks worthless and not trying?
Underdogg812
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject:

Hell no to the Wheelchair!!!

Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:04 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Can we change "Jim buss is a moron" to "Jim buss is a (bleep) idiot"?

I would have co-signed. But after I heard that interview, I want to give the guy a chance. So far, he tried to get Chris Paul and get the Lakers under the cap at the same time. Wasn't his fault that Stern is hellbent on competing with the WWE. His only moronic and idiotic move is the hiring of Mike Brown. Jim, what the hell were you thinking?! Over Adleman?!!!
Moses
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:01 am    Post subject:

"Lakers could use Phil in front office"
Well, they certainly could use something, but Jimmy won't bring Phil in, that's for damn sure.

"Sessions undecided on free agency"
Following his sub-par playoffs, i have a hard time seeing him get more money elsewhere, so I get the feeling we'll see him opt in for next year.

Mamba Forever
The Marathon Continues
Still I Rise
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:44 am    Post subject:

Dladi Vidac wrote:
jager67 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:

I can say it better:

Not to mention the Chemistry, or I should say no Chemistry, on this team sucks and bringing in Pierce would make it even worse. If Pau quietly soured on Kobe than Pierce would fight Kobe at mid-court for all the world to see.

Sure Pierce has 100x the effort and mental toughness than Gasol but that same strength is why him and Kobe would never co-exist.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
Peoples Hernandez
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:52 am    Post subject:

RyderzDelight wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

I would have co-signed. But after I heard that interview, I want to give the guy a chance. So far, he tried to get Chris Paul and get the Lakers under the cap at the same time. Wasn't his fault that Stern is hellbent on competing with the WWE. His only moronic and idiotic move is the hiring of Mike Brown. Jim, what the hell were you thinking?! Over Adleman?!!!

Exactly. Ever since "The Veto", Which happened the night of my Birthday coincidentally, I've retired my "Jim Buss Is A Moron" sig. He's earned a 5-Year Grace Period from me because that's how long Dan Gilbert and David Stern set us back.

"It's all entertainment" -Rasheed Wallace
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:36 am    Post subject:

Peoples Hernandez wrote:
RyderzDelight wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Exactly. Ever since "The Veto", Which happened the night of my Birthday coincidentally, I've retired my "Jim Buss Is A Moron" sig. He's earned a 5-Year Grace Period from me because that's how long Dan Gilbert and David Stern set us back.

i would agree naturally... but a part of me says jerry buss had alot to do with the cp3 deal and jimmy buss had alot to do with the mike brown hiring....
LakerJam
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 6:29 am    Post subject:

LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
RyderzDelight wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

i would agree naturally... but a part of me says jerry buss had alot to do with the cp3 deal and jimmy buss had alot to do with the mike brown hiring....

Given that Jerry Buss has been ill, it's highly unlikely he had anything to do with that vetoed trade other than approve it.
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject:

Cha*n wrote:
Lakers Could Use Phil Jackson In Front Office

Jun 3rd, 2012 at 10:03 am by Chris ShellcroftPhil Jackson

If Jim Buss weren’t so butt-hurt over how much his father respects Phil Jackson then the Lakers could benefit from having another hoops mind in the front office. This week it was revealed that the Orlando Magic had discussions with PJ over their vacant GM position. The L.A. Times also claims that Jackson was being considered in a consulting capacity as well.

Sounds like Jackson is looking to get back into the game and not as a coach.

If Jim Buss could get beyond his jealousy of Jackson then maybe a L.A. reunion would be in the cards. Being that it took more than a year to get Mitch Kupchak a new assistant GM it stands to reason that the Laker front office has needed help for sometime.

This team is entering a new era and some tough basketball decisions will need to be made soon.

First rule of legitimate journalism - don't use the term 'butt-hurt' in the first sentence of an article.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:01 am    Post subject:

LakerJam wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:
Peoples Hernandez wrote:
RyderzDelight wrote:
LAKERSCMXCIX wrote:

Given that Jerry Buss has been ill, it's highly unlikely he had anything to do with that vetoed trade other than approve it.

why would jerry buss veto the trade. all im saying is who thought of this trade. Jerry, Jim or Mitch
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 04, 2012 8:13 am    Post subject:

Pauline? for Pau?!!!! Ewww.. Paulina is older than Pau is he not?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Lakers In the News All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: