*** Lakers - Vs. - Spurs *** (Game Thread ) 4/17/2012 * Updated *
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:35 pm    Post subject: *** Lakers - Vs. - Spurs *** (Game Thread ) 4/17/2012 * Updated *

10:30 PM ET, April 17, 2012

STAPLES Center, Los Angeles, CA

Coverage: TNT

Quote:
"MedRomLaker"

Also update for you, game is on FSN:Prime Ticket locally or for those who have it specially ordered.

Line : Even

Points ★ ★ ★ Rebounds ★ ★ ★ Assists ★ ★ ★

SA Parker 18.6 Duncan 9.1 Parker 7.6
LAL Bryant 28.1 Bynum 12.2 Sessions 6.9

Injury Report ✖ ✖ ✖

Lakers

Kobe Bryant SG - Apr 16: OUT

Spurs

Tim Duncan C - Apr 16: Day-to-Day
Tony Parker PG - Apr 16: Day-to-Day
Manu Ginobili SG - Apr 16: Day-to-Day

Team Stat Leaders :

Points T. Parker 18.6 K. Bryant 28.1
Rebounds T. Duncan 9.1 A. Bynum 12.2
Assists T. Parker 7.6 R. Sessions 5.7
Steals K. Leonard 1.3 K. Bryant 1.2
Blocks T. Duncan 1.5 A. Bynum 1.9

Let's Go BaBBYY !!! ( Dick Vitale Voice )

The Lakers are looking great as of late and seem to be learning how to play without Kobe in the Lineup , I hope that when Kobe is back on the court that they keep playing as a team and keep riding this wave into the playoffs .

One big problem with Kobe being on the court for all of these years " Guys just Sit around and watch what he does " When Kobe goes to the bench for some rest our team need's to keep doing what they have been doing while Kobe has been out , " Playing as a team " When Kobe is on fire then someone else needs to learn that they also have to make there shots and get into the game .

Bynum was a beast last game and showed us what controlling the paint is like , Sessions might not of had his best game but to put up 20 + points is a great thing to see on not that many shot attempts , Gasol what can I say you played kind of crappy until when it mattered the most " Good job Big Fella " Artest has played at a great level on defense this year and is gearing up for the playoffs as you can tell by him being in good shape and fast enough to guard other teams point guards , I love you Barnes because so many other teams fans can not stand you lol !! I love that you run the court and never seem to be tired .

So it's a Tuesday game and not a lot to do when most people are getting off of work but Hey !!! Grab some beer anyways and something cheap to throw in the microwave and let's GOOOO !!!

With the game being on TNT We get to hear Shaq go psh pshh pshh " Well maybe not since Kobe is most likely out " I say put minimamba in and let's hear the pshh pshh !!!

Did you Know !!! That Gregg Popovich graduated with his bachelor's degree in Soviet Studies, and he underwent Air Force intelligence gathering and processing training. He even considered a career with the Central Intelligence Agency.

Did you know !!! Ron Artest was earning himself nicknames such as Tru Warier and The New World Order, a name he received from Randy Cruz (one of the co-founders of the Hoops In The Sun basketball league at Orchard Beach in the Bronx, New York).

Also that Growing up in a rough neighborhood, he witnessed the death of a fellow player on a basketball court. "It was so competitive, they broke a leg from a table and they threw it, it went right through his heart and he died right on the court.

Spurs-Lakers Preview ( Per ESPN ) http://espn.go.com/nba/preview?id=320417013

The Los Angeles Lakers surprisingly haven't missed a beat with Kobe Bryant sidelined. The Western Conference-leading San Antonio Spurs know first-hand just how formidable Los Angeles can be even without its 14-time All-Star.

With Bryant expected to miss his sixth straight game Tuesday night, the Lakers try for a fourth consecutive win over the visiting Spurs and a fifth straight victory overall as these first-place teams square off for the second time in seven days.

Since falling 125-105 at Phoenix on April 7, Pacific Division-leading Los Angeles (39-22) has won four in a row -- including Wednesday's 98-84 victory at San Antonio (43-16). Metta World Peace posted a season-high 26 points in that game while Andrew Bynum added 16 to go along with a career-high 30 rebounds.

"They played great and beat us to death," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "There's nothing else you can say about it."

Bynum also came up big during Sunday's 112-108 overtime win over Dallas, finishing with 23 points and 16 boards. Pau Gasol added 20 and 10, respectively, while Ramon Sessions scored 22.

"Metta, Andrew, myself, we all feel we have to step up in Kobe's absence," said Gasol, who's averaging 22.0 points in his last five games -- well above his season mark of 17.4. "A different guy can do it every game."

While the NBA's leading scorer hasn't been able to suit up due to a bruised left shin, it's safe to say Bryant (28.1 points per game) has made his presence felt from the sidelines. Bryant has been seen drawing up plays for his teammates during timeouts and encouraging them throughout the game.

"That's Coach Bryant now. He's like a coach over there," Sessions said. "He's over there helping everybody out and drawing stuff up on the board. He's pulling for us over on the side and he's helping us out tremendously."

The Lakers have outscored the Spurs by an average of 13.0 points during their three-game winning streak in the series. Los Angeles hasn't taken four straight from San Antonio since a six-game run Nov. 13, 1997-Feb. 19, 1999.

The Spurs posted their 14th win in 16 games and -- combined with Oklahoma City's 92-77 loss to the Clippers -- moved percentage points ahead of the Thunder for the top spot in the West with Monday's 120-99 rout at Golden State.

San Antonio shot just 39.1 percent from the field but outrebounded the Warriors 55-47. The Spurs are 24-3 when pulling down at least 44 boards.

Popovich's team figures to be relatively fresh for the second leg of its current back-to-back-to-back stretch, as Tim Duncan played just over 11 minutes Monday and Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili both played less than 15.

"We understood the situation, we got the comfortable lead and Pop made the call," Duncan said. "It was the right call. Our main focus is to be healthy and have our legs."

"We're in the run for it. We're going to do our best to try to win the West but it's not going to break our hearts if we don't. We want to be healthy more than anything."

Duncan scored 14 points last Wednesday, but is averaging just 6.5 points and 5.3 rebounds, and shooting 30.0 percent in his last four matchups with the Lakers.

The Spurs visit Sacramento on Wednesday before concluding their season series with the Lakers two nights later at the AT&T Center.

San Antonio / Lakers

43-16 W-L 39-22

102.1 AVG Points 97.1

96.3 Points Allowed 94.9

25-5 Home Record 25-6

18-11 Road Record 14-16

W3 Current Streak W4

8-2 Last 10 8-2

Research Notes

Andrew Bynum has played 56 games this season - the Lakers are 10-4 (.714 win pct) when Bynum takes at least 20 percent of their shots. When he attempts fewer than 20 percent of their shots, the Lakers are 26-16 (.619 win pct). Perhaps when Bynum is getting more field goal attempts he has a more positive affect on the Lakers defense as well. Based on points per 100 possessions, the Lakers are allowing 4.9 less points when Bynum attempts 20 percent or more of the Lakers field goals.

Game Day Conversation

Spurs Fans :

Quote:
Lakers will lose the two games against the spurs and also their final game with the Thunder. Will end up handing the division to the Clippers.

Quote:
The reason why Laker fans use franchise history as ammunition to talk so much trash is due to their inferiority complex related to no longer being in the discussion as a title contender in the present tense. Classic defense mechanism after the humiliating beat down last year...and I mean BEAT DOWN. 30+ plus loss, NBA record tying 20+ 3s by the Mavs followed by a classless show of ghettoism from Artest and Bynum.

The point is that real champs don't sit around and brag about past titles. The Lakers have a successful franchise. This is true. Good job guys although most of you probably weren't conscious to witness the majority of them. Simply show so more humility and respect.

Quote:
'Where "the Spurs have more titles in the last decade than WE do" happens.' - Los Angeles Lakers

Quote:
I don't know about the other folks on these boards, but I greatly enjoy the bravado and hubris Laker-heads display. It not only exposes their deep insecurity and delusion, but when the Lakers fail to reach the Finals this season, all the back-tracking will be almost as entertaining as watching the games.

Quote:
My favorite moment as Spurs fan: Watching Kobe Bryant CRY after getting eliminated by the Spurs!

Quote:
BREAKING NEWS: Lakers are gonna choke in round 2 again!!!!!

Quote:
Let's go, Spurs. Hopefully, this time tomorrow night, this board will be littered with comments that read '5 RINGZ', '16 TITLES', and '81 POINTS', because that will mean that the Spurs won, since those are the things Laker-heads always write when their team loses.

Quote:
The NBA has been ruined by that skidmark on the underpants of socitey, by the shniggets in the @sshairs of America, by the one and only LOS ANGELES LAKERS!

Quote:
Bryant: Rapist
Bynum: Dirty Player
MWP: Fighter/f.aggot
Barnes: Choker
Blake: Waste of Money
Sessions: Another Waste of Money
Brown: Couldn't properly coach a 1st grade girls basketball team

Laker Fans :

Quote:
Tony Parker - cheater
Bruce Bowen - dirty player
Ginobili - flopper
Fabricio Oberto - doesn't shower
Tim Duncan - boring
Popovich - pedophile

Classy Organization? Nope

Quote:
MWP gonna pour 50 on these clowns Lakers 210 Spurs 27

Quote:
I wonder why horses around the San Antonio area haven't teamed up and brought a lawsuit against the Spurs, you know, for using a team name that glorifies abusing horses. It would really chap my hide, if I was a horse, that is. Darn tootin'.

Quote:
Spurm fans wish it was spurms- 16 and lakers - 4 tsk tsk

Quote:
"I wish my team had 16 championships" - Spurm fans

Quote:
Please tell me. How are the lakers old?

Kobe Pau and Artest are the only ones above 30

The rest are below 28 years of age?

And this hater is saying the lakers have no future? Whatever you are seeing on this 4-1 without Kobe is the future lakers team. Sessions to Bynum for the next 5 years. Keep hating.

Quote:
Where we were irrelevant before 2000's happens - San Antonio Spurms

Quote:
Kobe is going to outcoach Pop AGAIN

Quote:
All the Spurs fans saying were going to choke again...Wait. Didn't you guys get the #1 seed last year? Oh...and then get bounced out in the 1st round?

Quote:
Bynum outrebounding the entire spurs team
Kobe outcoaching Popovich

Lakers > Spurs

Quote:
Hopefully Bynum can keep doing his thing and i like our chances, Spurs are a easy matchup for us. Duncan can't handle Bynum or Gasol.

Quote:
Spurs fans are sad individuals. They got b _at_ nged at home, but they are still cocky. Cr -at- zy b1tches!

Last edited by Kb24goldenChild on Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:31 am; edited 3 times in total
dablackmamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Let's go Lakers!
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject:

dablackmamba wrote:
Let's go Lakers!

This is a big Statement game in my opinion !!! Let's make the Spurs Suffer
dablackmamba
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:45 pm    Post subject:

Kb24goldenChild wrote:
dablackmamba wrote:
Let's go Lakers!

No doubt - and if we can win again against the Spurs (second time without Kob,') I'd feel good heading into the postseason. It doesn't hurt either to help nudge the Thunder back into first so we can avoid seeing OKC till the WCF potentially, but in all honesty, I really don't care who we play; rather, that we're playing well at the right time.
iggypop123
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 9:47 pm    Post subject:

word is the spurs might tank sit the big 3. I still feels its a rumor not convinced but it was said by spurs announcer Elliot
yOw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:00 pm    Post subject:

Missed your game threads @Kb24goldenChild!

This is a W. Let's slap Timmy's boys asses again

Sorry Pop, you're facing us in the 2nd round, whether you like it or not.

E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Basically a must win.
Laker_Town
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:04 pm    Post subject:

With the clippers winning I'd say its a must win.

Aside from match ups..I dont want the clippers ending with a better record. It would just be non stop espn crap
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:08 pm    Post subject:

Good job @Kb24goldenChild

I like this format of the game thread with all that extra info

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:10 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Town wrote:
With the clippers winning I'd say its a must win.

Jan 30, 2012: Won 112-100
Mar 21, 2012: Lost _91-114 (In Oklahoma City)
Apr 11, 2012: Won 100-98_ (In Oklahoma City)
Apr 16, 2012: Won _92-77_
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject:

yOw wrote:
Missed your game threads @Kb24goldenChild!

This is a W. Let's slap Timmy's boys asses again

Sorry Pop, you're facing us in the 2nd round, whether you like it or not.

Thanks Friend and I missed making them
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:20 pm    Post subject:

pkflyers wrote:
Good job @Kb24goldenChild

I like this format of the game thread with all that extra info

Thank you Friend and there should be a lot more info in this Thread sometime tomorrow
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:44 pm    Post subject:

did you know Kb24goldenChild format is extremely well done? props man

Also update for you, game is on FSN:Prime Ticket locally or for those who have it specially ordered. I for one know I will be watching through PT since I can't stand tnt, especially when a the previous game goes to long and makes you miss part of the game.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
Lakersfan74
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:45 pm    Post subject:

Metta on blogtv/podcast said that Indiana Ron is going to come back, I'm kinda hoping it's this one. This is a must win for the lakers if they want to keep the third seed
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject:

MedRomLaker wrote:
did you know Kb24goldenChild format is extremely well done? props man

Also update for you, game is on FSN:Prime Ticket locally or for those who have it specially ordered. I for one know I will be watching through PT since I can't stand tnt, especially when a the previous game goes to long and makes you miss part of the game.

Thank you Friend I updated my Thread and put your quote on the main GT page
preston0o1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject:

If the Spurs shoot well and Tony Parker goes off, Lakers lose.
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:32 am    Post subject:

I really, really doubt this game is as easy as the last one. No way Parker shoots that poorly on his bread and butter shots again, and the entire Spurs team will likely be fired up to prove themselves after getting embarrassed on their home floor. We either win in a squeeker or possibly get blown out without Kobe.
Arbitrary
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:39 am    Post subject:

Let's go Lakers!
kobemania3-16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:01 am    Post subject:

WHO ARE WE?

We are the lakers!

so run the spurs out of our building

666 message
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:30 am    Post subject:

preston0o1 wrote:

If we shoot better and Barnes goes off, Spurs lose.
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject:

Go Lakers!
Tanlentueux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject:

Kb24goldenChild wrote:
dablackmamba wrote:
Let's go Lakers!

LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:36 am    Post subject:

Lets go Lakers!!!! I really wished the Clippers had lost last night..that way we could relax a little bit.. Little brother making things hard on us!!! Get the W... But hmmm Pop wasn't gonna make the same mistake twice lol.. He played his big 3 some mins the night before.. lets see if it pays off...
DShotMaker1824
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:42 am    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
preston0o1 wrote:

If Kobe keeps coaching, Lakers win.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:45 am    Post subject:

diando wrote:
moonriver24 wrote:
preston0o1 wrote:

If Kobe keeps coaching, Lakers win.

If Brown gives another "WHO ARE WE?" Pep talk, Lakers win
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 35, 36, 37  Next
Page 1 of 37
Jump to: