*** Lakers - Vs. - Rockets Game Thread *** ( 4-6-2012 )
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:15 pm    Post subject: *** Lakers - Vs. - Rockets Game Thread *** ( 4-6-2012 )

10:30 PM ET, April 6, 2012
STAPLES Center, Los Angeles, CA

Coverage : network Prime Ticket/NBA T.V

Steaming Game Link ★★★

http://www.firstrowsports.eu/sport/basketball.html

LakerFan4 wrote:
FYI -

WATCH: http://on.nba.com/HQwUJC Quin Snyder & @LakersReporter talk Lakers/Rockets ahead of tonight's matchup at STAPLES.

LINE : Los Angeles by 6.0, O/U: 0.0

http://espn.go.com/nba/preview?id=320406013

Rockets-Lakers Preview

A strong shooting effort by Kobe Bryant helped the Los Angeles Lakers take a big step towards another Pacific Division title.

Shooting at a high percentage could be tough for him against the Houston Rockets' Chandler Parsons.

Parsons gave Bryant problems the last time these teams met, and will try to do the same in Friday night's rematch in Los Angeles.

Los Angeles (35-20) increased its division lead over the Clippers by beating its Staples Center co-tenants, 113-108 on Wednesday. Bryant made 13 of 19 shots to finish with 31 points and added six assists, bolstering his MVP credentials.

The Lakers, who captured the season series and playoff tiebreaker over the Clippers, shot 51.8 percent in their fourth straight win overall.

"Kobe didn't want to lose," center Andrew Bynum said.

Now, the question is whether the 6-foot-6 Bryant can be as efficient when he goes up against the 6-9 Parsons. Bryant scored 29 points, but made just 10 of 27 shots and struggled down the stretch in a 107-104 loss at Houston (29-25) on March 20.

"I played good D," Parsons said after that victory. "I was right there in his face."

Bryant had some curious compliments for the rookie out of Florida afterward.

"You know what man, I might have to stop taking shots, when the shot clock is winding down, that's what I am going to start doing because you guys (the media) look at that and think its great defense, I am going to stop shooting the ball when the shot clock goes down, but I love him (Parsons) though," Bryant said. "I do, I think he is a terrific young player.

"He can shoot from the outside, handle the ball, and can rise to the challenge defensively. I think he has a really bright future and I don't say a lot about a lot of people."

Bryant has totaled 66 points in the season series and Bynum has contributed 37 points and 29 rebounds as these teams have split two games. Luis Scola had led the Rockets with 43 points versus the Lakers.

Bynum returned Wednesday after missing one game with an ankle injury and finished with 36 points -- one off his season high -- and eight rebounds despite not feeling 100 percent.

"It hurts a little bit, especially on spin moves," Bynum said. "I found more little things out there that hurt so I tried to stay away from them. As the game progresses, the pain subsides."

Houston is fighting for a playoff spot, entering play Friday tied for seventh in the Western Conference with Denver. Starting guard Kyle Lowry has missed the last 14 games with a bacterial infection, although he took part in some drills during Thursday's workout.

There may be no need for Lowry to rush back, given the way Goran Dragic has filled the void. Dragic is averaging 22.7 points on 62.5 percent shooting and 6.0 assists over his last three contests.

One of Dragic's best efforts during his 14-game run as a starter was a 16-point, 13-assist performance in the March 20 victory over the Lakers.

Houston has not played since Dragic had a team-high 21 points in Monday's 99-93 win at Chicago.

Did you know !!! That coach Mike Brown graduated from Würzburg American High School in Würzburg, Germany in 1988 ( I heard his childhood friend was the Dr. Who did work on Kobe's Knee ) lmbo !!

Did you know !!! That In 1990 and again in 1991, Kevin McHale appeared as himself in two episodes of Cheers, ( Was that a good Show ? )

Did you know !!! That In June 2010, Kevin Martin volunteered to donate money to pay for the funeral of Kasey King-Thomas, a six-year-old boy who died in a school bus accident near Martin’s hometown. Martin also voiced his support for an Ohio law requiring seat belts in school buses. ( applause )

Did you know !!! That One of Goudelock's breakout games came on January 4, 2010 against the Defending National Champions UNC, in which he hit a game-tying three with less than 3 seconds left and led the Cougars to an eventual 72-69 win in overtime at Carolina First Arena.

Points ★ ★ ★ Rebounds ★ ★ ★ Assists ★ ★ ★

HOU Martin 17.1 Camby 8.7 Lowry 7.2
LAL Bryant 28.1 Bynum 11.9 Sessions 7.3

Let's GO BABY !!! ( Dick Vitale Voice )

How things are starting to get better and better for the Lakers , Kobe Bryant is showing his clutch gene and Ice water in his veins , Sessions is playing consistent and we have won 4 in a row !!! Let's keep the winning streak alive against these pesky Rockets who have not beat us in L.A since November 2009 and keep building chemistry as a team .

No beer or pizza for me during this game but that's o.k I will just have some old fashion home-made cookies and milk , Why not !! because as I am eating these beautiful cookies , They will be doing the same as the Rockets ( Crumbling ) !!! LET'S GOOooOO !!!

yOw wrote:
The Rockets will have a launch problem and will implode before leaving the atmosphere. The black box, recovered 48 minutes later, will unveil the last S.O.S. message by commanding officer Kevin McHale: "Houston, we have a proble$^%$%%^#*".

First witnesses on the scene talk about 4 guys, dressed in purple and gold, sabotaging the fuselage. Security video footage can't record them tho. Urban myth says that they were just too good and fast to be caught on tape.

Now the police chief officer, David Stern, knows he's dealing with professionals.

Injury Report ✖ ✖ ✖

Houston

Kyle Lowry OUT Apr 5
Comment: Lowry (bacterial infection) was a limited practice participant Thursday, NBA.com's Jason Friedman reports.

Kevin Martin G Shoulder Out indefinitely - 3/24/12

Lakers

Christian Eyenga G Toe Out indefinitely - 3/16/12

Referee Assignments

Greg Willard --- Nick Buchert --- Eric Lewis

Last edited by Kb24goldenChild on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:53 pm; edited 4 times in total
Flyingplayer77
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:20 pm    Post subject:

Lakers win. They roll ready into the playoffs.

Get ready for noise in the playoffs.
Serenityy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject:

DID YOU KNOW!!!
The Lakers blew a lead last time these two teams played

DID YOU KNOW!!!
Serenityy likes to read that part of the new GD threads

Last edited by Serenityy on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
yOw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject:

A Kb24goldenChild game thread? Yummy!

Last edited by yOw on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:27 pm    Post subject:

Serenityy wrote:
DID YOU KNOW!!!

DID YOU KNOW!!!

Yea I still have a lot more to put in the GT and I am doing the ( Did you know !! ) right now
Serenityy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Kb24goldenChild wrote:
Serenityy wrote:
DID YOU KNOW!!!

DID YOU KNOW!!!

Yea I still have a lot more to put in the GT and I am doing the ( Did you know !! ) right now

You do a good job.
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Absolutely can't lose against these clowns with the schedule ahead.
yOw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:35 pm    Post subject:

The Rockets will have a launch problem and will implode before leaving the atmosphere. The black box, recovered 48 minutes later, will unveil the last S.O.S. message by commanding officer Kevin McHale: "Houston, we have a proble$^%$%%^#*".

First witnesses on the scene talk about 4 guys, dressed in purple and gold, sabotaging the fuselage. Security video footage can't record them tho. Urban myth says that they were just too good and fast to be caught on tape.

Now the police chief officer, David Stern, knows he's dealing with professionals.

Last edited by yOw on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:38 pm    Post subject:

DID YOU NOT KNOW?!!!

Lakers are second in winning streak with 4.

Duncan with 9 ... and Spurs are challenging the Thunders for #1 spot in the West and possibly best in NBA.

DID YOU NOT KNOW?!!!
People keep talkin' 'bout Lebron and Durant but Duncan is winking his eyes now. "Not so fast, dudes! Kobe and I are still alive!"
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:46 pm    Post subject:

Serenityy wrote:
Kb24goldenChild wrote:
Serenityy wrote:
DID YOU KNOW!!!

DID YOU KNOW!!!

You do a good job.

Thank you my friend
Kb24goldenChild
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:48 pm    Post subject:

yOw wrote:

This is going straight in the Game Thread right now !!! ( Applause )
yOw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject:

Just wanted to contribute on the first page of your (as usual) awesome game threads with one of my (as usual) silly posts .

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject:

It's our 6th game in 8 days. The Rockets are rested and have been off for 3 days. At some point fatigue is going to hit us. Rockets are still fighting for playoff position. I expect a tough and close competitive game. Go Lakers!
yOw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:06 pm    Post subject:

BobbyJ, I think these Lakers need games. I have a feeling they'd love to play b2b2b against the 4 best records in the league right now because that's what they need; game situations, understanding each other, gelling as a team even more, getting more confidence, touches, shots...

I see the PO "thirst" in our players' eyes.

Losing to the Rockets the previous game is enough motivation to want revenge tho and put that extra energy needed despite the lack of rest.

It's my opinion. I might be wrong (hopefully not) .

E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:27 pm    Post subject:

LakerFan4 wrote:
It's our 6th game in 8 days. The Rockets are rested and have been off for 3 days. At some point fatigue is going to hit us. Rockets are still fighting for playoff position. I expect a tough and close competitive game. Go Lakers!

No excuses.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:01 pm    Post subject:

Lets get the W!

GO LAKERS!!!
kobemania3-16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:38 am    Post subject:

this is a big game we must win.
SilverBullet
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:58 am    Post subject:

Go Lakers!

So surprised @ the compliment Kobe said about the rookie Interesting.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:21 am    Post subject:

E=MC² wrote:
LakerFan4 wrote:

No excuses.

Logical reasoning.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject:

FYI - Kevin Martin (Shoulder) is listed as out.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:33 am    Post subject:

My bad. This is our 5th game in 7 days.
pll123
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject:

Lakers need to win this. They need to take advantage of home court as much as possible since we have some big games coming up.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:29 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Kobe did not participate in shootaround, wearing a protective boot on his bruised left shin but will play vs. Houston.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:09 pm    Post subject:

WATCH: http://on.nba.com/HQwUJC Quin Snyder & @LakersReporter talk Lakers/Rockets ahead of tonight's matchup at STAPLES.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:20 pm    Post subject:

Dave McMenamin: Sessions sprained the AC joint in his left shoulder against the Clippers but will play against Houston as well, wearing a protective pad.

http://twitter.com/#!/mcten
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 66, 67, 68  Next
Page 1 of 68
Jump to: