View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:53 pm    Post subject:

ViolaMB wrote:
dwight >>> drew

not even close

(bleep) this pathetic game, (bleep) the refs and (bleep) our team for playing like (bleep)

on to the next game please...lets bear Charlotte for once please!

Dwight had 3 straight years of perfect health, scratch that, his whole career; and this is about as good as it gets for him. Switch roles on playing time and you'll see it's a lot closer than you realize. Bynum and the rest of the team were tired in the second half, it made it easy for Dwight. Of course, it's ok for the rest of the team to be tired, but not Bynum, right?

Remember, Bynum's only been back for 2 months...
vedanta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject:

k4lakers wrote:
E=MC² wrote:
So what's the excuse for tonight's game? "Just one game."? Lets get all the excuses in for tomorrow's game too cause Lakers are at a two game deficit all-time to Bobcats.

Let's see if I've got it covered:

"It's just one game"

"Doesn't matter because we're the better team"

"This will be a wake up call for the Lakers"

and finally... "We'll flip the switch for the playoffs"

Come on. Don´t be bipolar. We cannot jump from optimism to pesimism and viceversa depending on the result of each (bleep) game. You guys seem to forget that this is an 82 game + playoffs competitions. Every champion team has not less than 10 or 15 pathetic games every season.

There´s no need for excuses. This was a bad day that neither obscures the good moments of the previous games nor means (bleep) in terms of future.
Katarin
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject:

Sun 14 vs Phoenix L 116-121
Sun 28 vs Indiana L 92-95
Sat 25 vs Miami L 80-96
Sun 02 vs Memphis L 85-104
Sun 16 @ LA Clippers L 92-99
Sun 30 vs Boston L 96-109

Sensing a theme with weekend games (particularly in the afternoon). ;p
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:56 pm    Post subject:

Not all that shocked with this game. 3rd game in 4 days on the road. A lot of people like to write off Orlando and while I won't take any bets with how far they'll go this year, this is a team that has the personnel to take and make outside shots. That's not always a winning strategy but they hit their shots tonight (in part thanks to porous Laker D) and that was the main difference here. On the other end, no one really has to respect the Lakers perimeter shot (save for Kobe) and for whatever reason, it was one of those games where the Lakers couldn't get anything going inside either, which made this a fairly easy win for Orlando.

Not holding my breath for a game in Charlotte off a back-to-back but assuming they don't get embarrassed in Cleveland that's a 5-2 road trip. Certainly respectable given the level of competition. Only real downside with the losses is keeping pace with Boston and Dallas and OKC is only a game back in the loss column right now.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Tired legs tonight. No shame in losing this one.
shansen008
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject:

Cant believe i just watched this Dwight Howard SLOBATHON.

The dude gets called for a couple fouls in the first, then all of a sudden he can do no wrong? Im sorry but that just stinks. We all know Orlando is a 1 trick pony, without howard they are probably a lottery team.

Idc if im called a conspiracy theorist. Here we are yet again on a nationally televised game against a contender and what do we see but their star coddled and aloud to push people around all game long.

You could definitely see the Lakers felt comfortable in the first half, then the second half starts and the refs just pretty much let Orlando (read: D12) do whatever he wanted.

That putback dunk and-1 over Gasol? Watch it, slo mo or not, Gasol has position. D12 reaches around with his ARMS and shoves Gasol out of the way. How that isnt a foul on D12 is beyond my comprehension apparently. I know when i learned to play bball, to get a board you had to move your feet to get position. Basically he didnt do any of the fundamentals required, in fact breaking the rules....and yet he is rewarded for it.

Kobe grabs on offensive board while giving his defender a piggy back ride for no call. That 2nd half was extremely painful to watch. Turned into the same story we normally see, the Lakers lose hope because of the non basketball officiating, and they cease to care. They stop moving without the ball, they start (bleep) to refs more, because they just plain arent doing their JOBS! Or are they?

You could "feel" the tone of the game change in the 2nd half with regards to the officiating. In fact before that as another poster said, it all started with arenas throwing up a prayer while standing our of bounds at halftime. That was BS. Not only was it BS, but the announcers making up excuses for why it didnt matter was also BS.

That play was egg on the face of the NBA......

Edit: One more thing...just to point out the inconsistency of the officials. How about that foul on Jameer Nelson when Kobe tried to make that half courter? HTF do you not call that? For those of you in the "They never call that stuff.." camp....ill just refer you back to our first game against the Celtics this year. The 2 plays are mirror images of each other almost...yet Boston was at the line with .8 left shooting 3 free throws.

Yep...all is well, nothing to see here....go on home folks. Dont forget to go buy a Mitsubishi Outlander Sport w/ Orlando Magic colorway....while supplies last. Seats are even embroidered with "D12"!

Last edited by shansen008 on Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
Kobewood
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject:

BobbyJ wrote:
Tired legs tonight. No shame in losing this one.

You are on a roll, Bobby! Keep it up!

Please create tomorrow's game thread.

Thank you Kobe for giving 20 years of yourself to the Purple and Gold. We are forever indebted to your greatness.

#WIN4VIN
lakergal16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject:

vedanta wrote:
k4lakers wrote:
E=MC² wrote:
So what's the excuse for tonight's game? "Just one game."? Lets get all the excuses in for tomorrow's game too cause Lakers are at a two game deficit all-time to Bobcats.

Let's see if I've got it covered:

"It's just one game"

"Doesn't matter because we're the better team"

"This will be a wake up call for the Lakers"

and finally... "We'll flip the switch for the playoffs"

Come on. Don´t be bipolar. We cannot jump from optimism to pesimism and viceversa depending on the result of each (bleep) game. You guys seem to forget that this is an 82 game + playoffs competitions. Every champion team has not less than 10 or 15 pathetic games every season.

There´s no need for excuses. This was a bad day that neither obscures the good moments of the previous games nor means (bleep) in terms of future.

Exactly why I'm not too torn up about it. Losing to Orlando does not and should not take away the wins at Memphis, NO, Boston, and New York. I'll take 6-1 on this road trip.
eureca
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Sucks to lose, but 2 more wins against sub .500 teams and its an awesome 6-1 road trip with 4 quality wins against tough home teams. Magic wanted this bad and Lakers didn't bring their A game.
dmlakerfan01
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject:

lakergal16 wrote:
Didn't Orlando sweep the regular season match-ups against LA last year? Lakers suck on ABC unless it's the postseason.

They swept us the year we beat them in the Finals too.
Triple-Threat-Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:02 pm    Post subject:

Momentum changed when the refs failed to recognize that Arenas was out of bounds when he passed the alley-oop dunk to end the third. Also to end the 2nd, Kobe was blatantly fouled before he threw that desperation three. Also, wtf was that and -1 over the back on Gasol?
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:04 pm    Post subject:

lakergal16 wrote:
Didn't Orlando sweep the regular season match-ups against LA last year? Lakers suck on ABC unless it's the postseason.

Nope. Split the season series with both home teams winning their respective game.
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject:

A Day in the Life wrote:
Momentum changed when the refs failed to recognize that Arenas was out of bounds when he passed the alley-oop dunk to end the third. Also to end the 2nd, Kobe was blatantly fouled before he threw that desperation three. Also, what the heck was that and -1 over the back on Gasol?

The sad thing is there was a ref right next to Arenas that should've seen that initially but instead was staring somewhere else. What amazes me more is how shortsighted these replay rules are. Can only review the final shot but not the pass before that? How does that even make sense? The beauty of replays is to look back and correct things the refs may have missed. I realize it can't be done with every single play, but this is only 5 seconds or so of footage at the end of the quarter they need to go back to. Not exactly slowing the game down here by looking through that.
lakergal16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:30 pm    Post subject:

Big Game James said it's just "one of those" losses on the road trip.
Bynum4MVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 3:47 pm    Post subject:

lakergal16 wrote:

I feel the same way. This loss doesn't bother me except that I would have liked to have seen them win.

This just means they won't lose to the Bobcats tomorrow.
lakergal16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:09 pm    Post subject:

Bynum4MVP wrote:
lakergal16 wrote:

I feel the same way. This loss doesn't bother me except that I would have liked to have seen them win.

This just means they won't lose to the Bobcats tomorrow.

Me too. Lakers are 9-1 on the second half of a back-to-back. I said earlier I would be thrilled if LA went 6-1 on the road trip.

If the Clippers hadn't broken the losing streak, I'd be more worried if Lakers were 6-0 heading into Cleveland
StuLantz#1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject:

I can't ever recall a contending Laker team ever playing this horribly against the best teams in the league during the regular season. Even towards the end of previous three-peats when teams usually coast they still usually kind of show up against the heavy hitters (the last Boston win was like one of the only exceptions it seems this year). Everyone out east besides Boston won't matter anyway, but there hasn't been a tougher challenge in the last couple decades than having to beat the Celtics and a Spurs team playing out of their mind on the road.
Bynum4MVP
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject:

StuLantz#1 wrote:
I can't ever recall a contending Laker team ever playing this horribly against the best teams in the league during the regular season. Even towards the end of previous three-peats when teams usually coast they still usually kind of show up against the heavy hitters (the last Boston win was like one of the only exceptions it seems this year). Everyone out east besides Boston won't matter anyway, but there hasn't been a tougher challenge in the last couple decades than having to beat the Celtics and a Spurs team playing out of their mind on the road.

The Lakers kind of sucked against some of the good teams last year too:

0-2 vs Cavs
1-1 vs Celtics
1-1 vs Magic
1-3 vs Nuggets
2-2 vs Mavs

5-9 = 36% winning percent against those teams

This year isn't a whole lot different...Lakers usually "Pack BACK" losses this year except for Spurs.
Rsxtreme415
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 13, 2011 5:04 pm    Post subject:

Rsxtreme415 wrote:
We better not dick around today after 4 straight wins and not play hard.. We should win this one for Barney

I didnt get a chance to watch the game due to home shopping.. By the looks of highlights we took it up the butt..We could of won cut it down to 1 then 13 point hole? Pau took it up the Gasol today and got his stuff pushed back.. Not being alert of the Howard Alley at the end of the third.... He just petted his jersey

Fisher being an idiot
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 36, 37, 38
Page 38 of 38
Jump to: