JAZZ -at- LAKERS - 1/25 - Thoughts and :-)) Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:15 pm    Post subject:

A very belated thanks DB for the top-flight analysis, which is certainly more on target than a Shannon Brown dunk these days!

Ok maybe that's not much of a compliment.... Better yet, your T&R is as on-target as a post-contact careening crowd-bound Lamar Odom lob from the baseline arcing high over the corner of the backboard!!! There, that's much better!
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
A very belated thanks DB for the top-flight analysis, which is certainly more on target than a Shannon Brown dunk these days!

Ok maybe that's not much of a compliment.... Better yet, your T&R is as on-target as a post-contact careening crowd-bound Lamar Odom lob from the baseline arcing high over the corner of the backboard!!! There, that's much better!

babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:58 pm    Post subject:

Killakobe81 wrote:
babyskyhook wrote:
Paillard wrote:
DB, still the best summaries in the business!

Thanks.

And with another good one tonight. Thanks DB.

I agree with everything you wrote, but there were three things you pointed out that are especially noteworthy, as they are all hugely important and will pay great dividends in the playoffs:

1. The perfect balance between scoring and playmaking that Kobe has been playing with for a while now. Lakers offense is almost unstoppable when he's playing like this.

2. Drew's increased activity on D and increased activity in general. What a difference a year makes. His injury during the Finals seems to have changed his whole outlook on D and rebounding. Now he knows how crucial it is.

3. LO taking over to start every 4th quarter. He seems to be carving out a defined time for him to go off every game, which is great, as he usually defers too much. KNowing that there is a period when they need him to be very aggressive and the main cog in the offense helps him get past his normal unselfishness and attack relentlessly. The results have been spectacular. Can't wait to see him do it to the Celtics. LO TIME!!!!

Great follow up to DB's ratings ....

both 1 & 2 are critical to beating the better teams ...but #3 Lamar seeking out spots to be aggressive on offense usualy accomplishes two things ...sparks the bench AND usually breaks open a tight game or helps bring us back in to one that is slipping away. Lamar has been almost everything I have wanted out of him the past 5 years. Versatile, aggressive on offense and effective ondefense. If not for Kobe's recent run I would definitely vote for him over Pau as the MVP of this team inthe first half of the season, but he HAS DEFINITELY been our most consistent player ...and to say THAT about Lamar? Wow. just 2 seasons ago that statement would of been a cruel joke ...

How times change, right ?

LO ballin' like never before.
babyskyhook
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 12:05 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
RCS926 wrote:

Good point. "Focused" is the key word. On the Mason & Ireland show yesterday, John Ireland said that if the Lakers got blown out against Boston on Sunday, then he'd seriously question this team's championship mettle. I can't understand how anyone would question the championship mettle of a team that has made it to the Finals 3 years in a row and won the last 2. I also don't understand how Ireland, being the Lakers sideline reporter since the Shaq days, can put so much weight on any regular season game. It just seems stupid to me.

I agree. Teams can get blown out even in the playoffs and still win the series. It happens. Doesn't mean they have or don't have championship mettle. And all this "big test" for the team stuff is bogus. If there's a battle-tested team in the league, it's the guys who have been to the finals three years in a row and won the last two.

Frankly, whatever outcome for the Lakers against the Celtics it will be a win-win for the team. If they lose, they get to taste defeat at the hand of the Celtics. That won't sit well with them. Blowout would have even more impact to get their asses focused.

Repeat/Threepeat seasons have to be viewed through a different prism. Motivation, hunger is a precious commodity.

Well said , DB.

Although I think the Lakers will come out with a near-playoff intensity on Sunday. The only two games I don't worry about them bringing it are the games vs Boston. their dislike of the Cs and lingering memories from '08 will serve to have them playing at a high level.

As opposed to a Christmas day game vs Ledouche, which they don't care about, they care about the games vs the Cs.

That being said, though, a loss is unimportant in the grand scheme. Ireland is hyping it up to sell newspapers (or in his case, boost his ratings).
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Thanks as always DB.

Luke has strung together a few good games lately. I am a pretty big Walton hater, but I hope he keeps this up.

Quote:
Walton -- -- ...Luke was an offensive powerhouse out there tonight, not missing anything and nearly getting double digits. When it rains, it pours on the Jazz. The Stats: He scored 9 points on 4-4 shooting (1-1 from three) to go with 1 board, 3 assists, 1 turnover and 2 fouls in 17 minutes. He was a +11.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: