Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:52 pm    Post subject:

KOBemaster wrote:
Sleepy wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
That was an offensive foul if anything
Never gets old. Your agenda, that is.

Even if I didn't watch the game (I did) I would know that it wasn't an offensive foul based off the person who posted it was.

You know you can't offset the homers on this board with your anti-kobe agenda. That just makes the problem worse.
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

in today's league, your defense is as good as your interior defense.. not even the best of the defenders on the perimeter can stop penetration by themselves with the change in rules. Kobe's main issue is leaving shooters open.. he wasn't the culprit tonight on that end. But, the whole team is lacking in rotations, and just overall activity.

If no one is scared of the interior D, the whole thing fails. Period. Boston and San Antonio's strength is right there. The rest of their defenders just fall in place. They can trust that they have support and their mistakes will be erased for the most part.
MedRomLaker
Star Player
Star Player

Loss was a TEAM loss everyone had moments where their play was off tonight, personally I questioned PJ's rotations, just when the bench had gotten into a rhythm and a lead he pulls all of them although the starters where playing like ass. By the time the bench came back in they had lost all rhythm, seems like the starters played too much when it was obvious they were off today.

4/30/14 the day the ant left the building!!!!!!
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
in today's league, your defense is as good as your interior defense.. not even the best of the defenders on the perimeter can stop penetration by themselves with the change in rules. Kobe's main issue is leaving shooters open.. he wasn't the culprit tonight on that end. But, the whole team is lacking in rotations, and just overall activity.

If no one is scared of the interior D, the whole thing fails. Period. Boston and San Antonio's strength is right there. The rest of their defenders just fall in place. They can trust that they have support and their mistakes will be erased for the most part.

Time for Drew to start.
WestCoastOffenses
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:54 pm    Post subject:

Pau playing soft against another legit big

+

Fisher being the worthless garbage and one of the worst starters in the NBA that he is

+

Artest being the worthless garbage and one of the worst starters in the NBA that he is

=

Loss

But let's blame Kobe for holding down his man while making the proper rotations to cover Fisher's garbage arse. Hey we can't blame him for shooting too much this game so we have to find something else right?
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject:

The only bright spot about this game is that no Laker got hurt. Because that would be even more pathetic to have an injury in a game where no one did anything.
aachan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
aachan wrote:

look at another post i quoted from him 2 or so pages back. something about people pretending kobe is a good defender when he really isn't.

I guess I should say he is an inconsistent defensive player.

In my opinion, he is an outright bad defensive player but I am willing to soften it and say inconsistent to make the nut huggers happy.

love it when people resort to sitting on their high pedestal and bring out the nut huggers argument.
Gandalf
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:57 pm    Post subject:

WestCoastOffenses wrote:

+

Fisher being the worthless garbage and one of the worst starters in the NBA that he is

+

Artest being the worthless garbage and one of the worst starters in the NBA that he is

=

Loss

But let's blame Kobe for holding down his man while making the proper rotations to cover Fisher's garbage arse. Hey we can't blame him for shooting too much this game so we have to find something else right?

Spot on.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject:

aachan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
aachan wrote:

look at another post i quoted from him 2 or so pages back. something about people pretending kobe is a good defender when he really isn't.

In my opinion, he is an outright bad defensive player but I am willing to soften it and say inconsistent to make the nut huggers happy.

love it when people resort to sitting on their high pedestal and bring out the nut huggers argument.

I know I can be irritating.

Let's just say we disagree and leave it at that.

You are probably not a nut hugger, you just don't know much about basketball. Which is cool, not everyone is going to be as knowledgeable as I am and I have learned to accept that.
Tris
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:58 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:

For a moment, I thought you are defending Fisher's lack of defense.
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject:

WestCoastOffenses wrote:

+

+

=

Loss

Kobe is always to be blamed on LG...did you not catch on yet?
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 9:59 pm    Post subject:

FBP Si 2000 wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:

Time for Drew to start.

He is going to be the x-factor for the lakers run to the championship this year.. only he has the ability to truly alter shots.. we just have to hope that he can stay healthy as well as that he realizes his true worth to this team and what is needed from him.. it's the D and rebounding. Pau and LO are not going to be the ones making a true impact in that regard even if they get their rebound numbers.
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:00 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
aachan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
aachan wrote:

You are probably not a nut hugger, you just don't know much about basketball. Which is cool, not everyone is going to be as knowledgeable as I am and I have learned to accept that.

Did you really just go there?
Loki24
Rookie
Rookie

WestCoastOffenses wrote:

+

+

=

Loss

THIS.
lakerjoshua
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Not really one to complain about the refs.

But as so eloquently put by Kobe to obtain his second tech after stomping a Bogut:

FU*K YOU....

on a side note, these refs will have great D league careers.
Scarab
Star Player
Star Player

LakerLanny wrote:
^Exactly.

Let me clarify.

I know Kobe CAN defend.

But him and Pau look like they can't even be bothered with defense right now.

The comparison to the guys on San Antonio and Boston is obvious to anyone who watches basketball.

Does that mean he won't defend hard in the playoffs? No.

Does that mean the Lakers can't still win the title? No.

But are the Lakers in general and Kobe individually playing acceptable defense right now? Absolutely not.

I dont understand. What did Kobe do? Salmons shot 6-14... Sure he scored 20 points, but everytime he drove kobe made sure to funnel him into our bigs. That is what he is suppose to do.

PS the calls did not help us to much.
LA1969
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:01 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
LA1969 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
Mamba3301 wrote:
Please bring Kobe back in the game. He must be fuming on the bench, looking at this disgusting effort. He will come back and carry us to a win.

The problem with Kobe is he plays lazy defense and his "effort" on that end has infected the team.

I don't think it matters if he comes back in or not, Shannon Brown will at least compete at both ends.

So, Shannon Brown should start?

I know it isn't popular around here, but Kobe's defense has tailed off to the point where his offensive contributions are not getting enough separation for the team.

He is the team leader. He needs to lead by example on both ends of the floor, not just offense.

His D is not only lazy, his fundamentals are horrible. Other guys see that and don't bust tail either.

If it is any consolation, I expect he will turn up the intensity with the bright lights on for the Christmas Game. Unfortunately, all the other lazy efforts are going to leave the Lakers needing to win road playoff games this year to advance.

Yep. He leads by example, and his defensive example is non-existant.

ignorant comment.

guys who killed us tonight

Bogut
Boykins
Illyasova

none were Kobe's assignment.

use your heads fellows

Easy fanboy.
Not a "fellow" and my opinion is just that, an opinion. Kobe has been coasting on D all year, and I give him a pass d/t the knee. He didn't lose the game tonight, it was a team effort. But his lack of effort on defense playing center field has hurt us plenty this year.If you think my thinking is ignorant, too bad.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

FBP Si 2000 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
aachan wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
aachan wrote:

Did you really just go there?

Yes.

And I don't mean it meanly, it is simply a fact.
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

lakerjoshua wrote:

But as so eloquently put by Kobe to obtain his second tech after stomping a Bogut:

FU*K YOU....

I think he turned to one ref and said..."Hey, FU*CK YOU!" LOL
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject:

FBP Si 2000 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

FU*K YOU....

He got T'd up by the other refs because they felt left out when Kobe didn't curse them for their lack of calls.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:03 pm    Post subject:

FBP Si 2000 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

FU*K YOU....

That was probably my favorite moment in the game.

The refs did suck, that was obvious.
FBP Si 2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:05 pm    Post subject:

LAkers 4 Life wrote:
FBP Si 2000 wrote:
lakerjoshua wrote:

FU*K YOU....

He got T'd up by the other refs because they felt left out when Kobe didn't curse them for their lack of calls.

Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:08 pm    Post subject:

FBP Si 2000 wrote:
rpadma12 wrote:

Time for Drew to start.

He isn't ready yet. Phil said when he can play 30-35 minutes a game.
TarLaPaN
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject:

WestCoastOffenses wrote:

+

+

=

Loss

bluestorm1990
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject:

I feel asleep before the game , looking at the score kinda glad I did. Seriosuly how the hell do they get blown out by one worst offensive teams in the league , yet alone without 2nd best player .

edit : I just saw highlights , 13 points in the 4th this team a joke at times.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 35 of 36
Jump to: