Might Fly To LA To Catch A Lakers (And LA Kings) Game!

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:35 pm    Post subject: Might Fly To LA To Catch A Lakers (And LA Kings) Game!

It looks like I have the opportunity to tag along with a friend and fly into LA on Thursday for a weekend trip. I've only been to LA in the summer so catching a Lakers or Kings game was impossible. This time, it just might happen.

Preliminary searches show that I can either catch the Kings-Panthers game on Thursday or the Kings-Red Wings game on Saturday, with the Lakers-Kings game on Friday. Of course, I have a couple of quick questions that hopefully the "locals" can help with.

1. I'll be based out of Glendale (near the Galleria) so, taking weekday traffic into account, how soon would I need to leave to get to Staples with plenty of time to spare? I don't mind lining up and getting in when the doors open to catch warmups.

2. How is the view from the 300 level? Can you see the scoreboard from there? Is the view worth spending a lot of extra money to get 200 level/Premier seats? I'm not rich by any stretch but at the same time this is an "experience of a lifetime" thing. I've seen the Lakers here in Toronto (and have never seen the Kings live) but there's something to be said for being with the home crowd.

Looking forward to your expert advice. Here's hoping I can catch these games!

Go Lakers! (And Kings!).
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Go with Kings-Red Wings. I'd just plan to go there in the afternoon/late-afternoon. You can spend the time looking around until tip-off.
LALdynasty!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 4:22 pm    Post subject:

300's are fine. The scoreboard/jumbotron is clearly visible. Of course sitting in the 200's is nicer, but on a limited budget, 300's work. Get there early and check out Magic's and Chick's statues and walk around for a while. Doors open an hour before tipoff I believe.
Canadian Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:28 am    Post subject:

Thanks guys! It looks like I'm all set ticket wise. I've got 300 level front row aisle seats to the Kings-Panthers game tomorrow night and I splurged (read overspent) on a ticket to the Lakers-Sacramento game. I've got a baseline seat (Section 107 about 10 rows back) which is diagonally across from the Lakers bench but it's the side where the Lakers will be shooting in the 2nd half, am I right?

My only questions now are parking (will look up threads here for tips) and, more importantly, will call. Because I'm not a US citizen my only option for this game is will call. Does anyone know if I can pick up the ticket on Thursday? Also, how crazy is the will call line? Hopefully it's open early.

I'm so looking forward to these games!
rwongega
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:37 am    Post subject:

Canadian Laker wrote:
Thanks guys! It looks like I'm all set ticket wise. I've got 300 level front row aisle seats to the Kings-Panthers game tomorrow night and I splurged (read overspent) on a ticket to the Lakers-Sacramento game. I've got a baseline seat (Section 107 about 10 rows back) which is diagonally across from the Lakers bench but it's the side where the Lakers will be shooting in the 2nd half, am I right?

My only questions now are parking (will look up threads here for tips) and, more importantly, will call. Because I'm not a US citizen my only option for this game is will call. Does anyone know if I can pick up the ticket on Thursday? Also, how crazy is the will call line? Hopefully it's open early.

I'm so looking forward to these games!

Better hope the Kings break their slump or it will be a depressing game. Those seats are pretty darn good.

Parking. Get here early. That's all you need to know. Lines. See Parking.

Enjoy!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LG Neighborhood All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: