LeBron James will announce decision on his free agency Thursday at 9pm EST on ESPN
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TNLakersFanInLA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:04 pm    Post subject:

SlickVic wrote:
It's not impossible he signs elsewhere, but I'm with the rest of the thread. Lebron stays in Cleveland. I'm just glad this circus is ending this week and didn't drag out to the start of training camp.

Monta Ellis: "Kobe is #1, I'm #2, LeBron is #3."
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:58 am    Post subject:

Delonte West already had the James One Hour Special. Said it was repulsive yet fulfilling.

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:08 am    Post subject:

I don't find it as big a deal. I mean ESPN has been hyping this up for 2 years now... it's only fitting it ends like this. Good for him.
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject:

I'm probably gonna end up watching tho
Myst
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 1:29 am    Post subject:

I might tune in on this just to see how they fill up the entire hour. Seriously though, I can't wait until this attention whore announces where the hell he's going just so ESPN can stop talking about it 24/7. Wait, they'll probably end up 'discussing' whether or not he made the right decision to do whatever he does until the end of summer. Gawd.

Honestly, I'm just really excited to so where everyone else (Wade, Bosh, Boozer, etc) end up more so than I am to see where LeBJ ends up.
MoBasket
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:07 am    Post subject:

kontrast wrote:
I wonder if the team will know beforehand, or if they have to watch the special to find out. The latter would be pretty funny.

LOL

Maybe all the representatives of the teams will sit in front of him and James will start like: "And in the first round the Chicago Bulls have to go because they didn't want to give my family special treatment."
"Round two starts with a sack race betwenn the remaining owners."
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:26 am    Post subject:

He should just wear an ESPN logo right next to his Nike logo. He's gonna win the attention, money and fame game and yet still be a loser when it comes to rings.
LAkers 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 3:53 am    Post subject:

IS BSPN gonna have a career perspective of Your Majesty before their stupid special?
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:44 am    Post subject:

Quote:
Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that LeBron James has long planned some kind of agreement with ESPN regarding his much-hyped free agency.

It was announced on Tuesday night that James would announce his decision on Thursday night on ESPN.

"James' plans were in the works in some form for months, according to sources, having talked with ESPN about filming his entire free-agency process for a documentary. For a while, this included some plans to take a tour across the country and visit interested teams," Windhorst writes.

When the Cavaliers were eliminated by the Celtics in the second round of the playoffs and LeBron struggled at times, those plans were scraped.

Turns out Lebron and ESPN have been in bed together longer than Delonte and his mom. "Lebron struggled at times". That's a nice way a saying he gave up on his team.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:51 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
Quote:
Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer reports that LeBron James has long planned some kind of agreement with ESPN regarding his much-hyped free agency.

It was announced on Tuesday night that James would announce his decision on Thursday night on ESPN.

"James' plans were in the works in some form for months, according to sources, having talked with ESPN about filming his entire free-agency process for a documentary. For a while, this included some plans to take a tour across the country and visit interested teams," Windhorst writes.

When the Cavaliers were eliminated by the Celtics in the second round of the playoffs and LeBron struggled at times, those plans were scraped.

Turns out Lebron and ESPN have been in bed together longer than Delonte and his mom. "Lebron struggled at times". That's a nice way a saying he gave up on his team.

I'd bet LeBron's mother is preparing a mouthful of rhetoric in defense of her son's arrogant debauchery. I mean, of course, when she doesn't already have a mouthul of Delonte West's scrotum.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 4:56 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

I'd bet LeBron's mother is preparing a mouthful of rhetoric in defense of her son's arrogant debauchery. I mean, of course, when she doesn't already have a mouthul of Delonte West's scrotum.

Delonte was just tired of Lebron treating everyone like they were a towel boy. So he was just dressing the part when Lebron caught him in that hotel room.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
C M B wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

Delonte was just tired of Lebron treating everyone like they were a towel boy. So he was just dressing the part when Lebron caught him in that hotel room.

I've been contemplating a certain thought, much like Rene Descartes must have contemplated his own existence: LeBron's tattoo.

If he truly is the Chosen One, why did whatever Infinite Being that "chose" LeBron to be the "Chosen One" make it part of his divine destiny that Delonte West would sexually defile his mother? It's sort of a like a reverse Virgin Mary/Jesus Christ thing. Mary was pure; innocent. Chosen One's mom got a herpes train run on her.

Something to think about.

Well, as you know "herpes" comes from the Greek term "creeping". So, Delonte was just trying to creep some "West"ern philosophy up in that.
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:17 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
C M B wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
C M B wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

I've been contemplating a certain thought, much like Rene Descartes must have contemplated his own existence: LeBron's tattoo.

If he truly is the Chosen One, why did whatever Infinite Being that "chose" LeBron to be the "Chosen One" make it part of his divine destiny that Delonte West would sexually defile his mother? It's sort of a like a reverse Virgin Mary/Jesus Christ thing. Mary was pure; innocent. Chosen One's mom got a herpes train run on her.

Well, as you know "herpes" comes from the Greek term "creeping". So, Delonte was just trying to creep some "West"ern philosophy up in that.

I wonder if he went Greek on her, if you catch my drift.

vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:22 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
C M B wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
C M B wrote:
vanexelent wrote:
Quote:

I wonder if he went Greek on her, if you catch my drift.

Well maybe the reports were wrong. Maybe West was really wearing nothing but the bed sheets draiped on him, like a toga. Toga, toga, toga!
ViolaMB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:26 am    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Delonte West already had the James One Hour Special. Said it was repulsive yet fulfilling.

HAHA

but seriously, THIS IS PATHETIC, i mean 1 hour, what are they gonna do this long, i predict 10 commercial breaks.
LakerSiul
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:38 am    Post subject:

Are they also releasing a DVD/Blu-ray disc of this DRAMA?
View user's profile Send private message Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger Reply with quote
oldandpurpleandgold
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:07 am    Post subject:

Absolutely pathetic. Thankfully the country is finally seeing this (bleep) for who he is.
ringThingDoUrThiNg
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject:

LG is sure giving LBJ enough attention. This place is obsessed with him...because????
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:50 am    Post subject:

ringThingDoUrThiNg wrote:
LG is sure giving LBJ enough attention. This place is obsessed with him...because????

Hold on there, Fake Sigmund Freud. You might want to peruse just about every other NBA team's fan forum on the internet before you empty your psycho-analytical bottom drawer on Lakers fans.

DiGenius
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Re: Lebron loves his attention

andrewsx wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Kobetide wrote:
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67911/20100706/could_lebron_opt_to_sign_two_year_deal/

Frank Isola of the New York Daily News is reporting that there is a possibility LeBron James could sign a two-year deal with the Cavaliers this offseason.

Doing so would allow James to hit the market again in the summer of 2012 while still pledging his loyalty to Cleveland.

"Team executive hears that if LeBron re-signs with Cavs he might ink 2-yr deal and go through this madness again in 2012. Never know," Isola wrote on his Twitter page.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67911/20100706/could_lebron_opt_to_sign_two_year_deal/#ixzz0sxTWmxyM

I disagree with you. I don't think he would do this for the attention. He'd do this because he decided to stay in Cleveland, but understandably is worried about the franchise's future so he doesn't want to tie himself down for the long term. I could see why he would want to keep his options open.

If he wants to win he would sign with the Bulls, if he signs with Cleveland his mind was made up long ago he's just using FA to advertise himself. He's just dragging this out for his own profit.

dragging what out? tomorrow is the first day players can sign...and he is doing it tomorrow...plus maybe he is loyal...if kobe wanted to win, he would have signed with the spurs in 04...but he is loyal (even though he threatened to sign with the clippers if shaq wasnt traded
Sky
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject:

What Bron should do is a max deal with an opt out in year two and three. Give himself a net. Two years tips his hand, Nyets move to Brooklyn then and off he goes.
Statcat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Re: Lebron loves his attention

DiGenius wrote:
andrewsx wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Kobetide wrote:
http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67911/20100706/could_lebron_opt_to_sign_two_year_deal/

Frank Isola of the New York Daily News is reporting that there is a possibility LeBron James could sign a two-year deal with the Cavaliers this offseason.

Doing so would allow James to hit the market again in the summer of 2012 while still pledging his loyalty to Cleveland.

"Team executive hears that if LeBron re-signs with Cavs he might ink 2-yr deal and go through this madness again in 2012. Never know," Isola wrote on his Twitter page.

Read more: http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/67911/20100706/could_lebron_opt_to_sign_two_year_deal/#ixzz0sxTWmxyM

I disagree with you. I don't think he would do this for the attention. He'd do this because he decided to stay in Cleveland, but understandably is worried about the franchise's future so he doesn't want to tie himself down for the long term. I could see why he would want to keep his options open.

If he wants to win he would sign with the Bulls, if he signs with Cleveland his mind was made up long ago he's just using FA to advertise himself. He's just dragging this out for his own profit.

dragging what out? tomorrow is the first day players can sign...and he is doing it tomorrow...plus maybe he is loyal...if kobe wanted to win, he would have signed with the spurs in 04...but he is loyal (even though he threatened to sign with the clippers if shaq wasnt traded

Let's see, you can find no fault in what LBJ is doing and you can find no good in anything Kobe does. Why are you on LG again?

Last edited by Statcat on Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:44 am; edited 1 time in total
grimmz4764
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject: Re: Lebron loves his attention

DiGenius wrote:
andrewsx wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Kobetide wrote:

Nice revisionist history. Dr. Buss had decided that he didn't want to extend and pay Shaq well into his late 30's. Plus Shaq, himself demanded a trade out of LA and denied that Kobe had anything to do with him leaving LA.
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:03 am    Post subject:

oldandpurpleandgold wrote:
Absolutely pathetic. Thankfully the country is finally seeing this (bleep) for who he is.

Well aparently all proceeds from the 1-hour special will go to charity. Not sure how Lebron is making money from this and giving it to charity, but that's what I just heard on ESPN radio.
Statcat
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:11 am    Post subject:

Chris Ballard: Funny that LeBron, who is so caught up with managing his public image, just got a lesson on how to do it from Durant, who is not.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 4 of 21
Jump to: