The Aftermath: Celtic Nation Is Devestated + Spur Fan Whining (Quotes From The Other Side)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:05 am    Post subject:

More proof that Simmons is continuing to stew in his own juices:

Quote:
sportsguy33: They signed Kobe and Gasol? This should be a bigger story! @euphranor Expect Ghana to get ALL the calls today, a la Korea and Japan in '02.

Even a generic soccer comment reminds him of his bitterness over losing. I love it.
pokoy

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:13 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
More proof that Simmons is continuing to stew in his own juices:

Quote:
sportsguy33: They signed Kobe and Gasol? This should be a bigger story! @euphranor Expect Ghana to get ALL the calls today, a la Korea and Japan in '02.

Even a generic soccer comment reminds him of his bitterness over losing. I love it.

Oh the joy of this all. The more he thinks he's being funny by continuing to harp on it, the more we know it's killing him inside.

THE LAKERS ARE IN HIS HEAD. Beeyootiful. I'm so glad the shoe is on the other foot this year because damn, 2009 was painful. Even after we beat the Magic, I still wanted this so badly just to see Simmons and his brethren flail about desperately trying to get over losing to Kobe and handing him his 5th ring.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
RichLakers
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:39 am    Post subject:

Let's see - Simmons' favorite teams won 3 Super Bowls, 2 World Series and an NBA championship in a little over 6 years - and yet he wallows in the 2 last-minute defeats (SB42, Game 7) in which he had the privilege to attend. Oh and he attended 4 of the title-clinching games. Spoiled much, Bill?
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:49 am    Post subject:

Lakers 71-72 wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
Have you heard Heinsohn in the broadcast booth? He's yelling and screaming at the refs whenever his thug Celtics get called for it. Yet he berates PJ for what he imagines as influencing the refs. He's just a long-time Celtic homer, the typical kind, the arrogant kind. This victory was sweet indeed!!

See, Heinsohn knows--like Ron said--that Phil has zen. Even though Phil is sitting placidly in his chair with a bored look on his face, he's actually screeming thunderous complaints from the deepest recess of his diaphram making his voice sound like hell's echo chamber about all the missed calls. It's very, very subtle...
Wino
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 10:25 am    Post subject:

OC Lakerfan wrote:
http://upnextinsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/funny-sports-pictures-tell-your-mom.jpg

LMAO!!!
sone212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:56 pm    Post subject:

I love reading all the articles and what not about how the Lakers were going to lose after Game 5. Every one of them I *Eddie Murphy* laugh at. And no surprise but (bleep) some of these people hate Kobe Bryant.
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:16 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Mike-Dub
Paul Pierce

Tommy Points: 4

Re: Hollinger Declares Lakers Best Franchise of All Time
« Reply #40 on: June 25, 2010, 05:26:34 pm »

Who cares what Hollinger says. We have the championships to prove that we're the better franchise.

Last time I checked 17 is more than 16*.

And I give the Lakers 16 an asterisk because we all know who the real champions were this year and that we would have won had Perk been healthy and not out for two games.

"Experience is the best teacher of them all." - Lamar Odom (after Game 6 @ DEN, 2009 WCF)

I am an irrational and pathetic poster.
grimmz4764
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:21 pm    Post subject:

Too bad that only works in fantasy land.

tenike1 wrote:
Quote:
Mike-Dub
Paul Pierce

Who cares what Hollinger says. We have the championships to prove that we're the better franchise.

And I give the Lakers 16 an asterisk because we all know who the real champions were this year and that we would have won had Perk been healthy and not out for two games.
ShaoDaddy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 10:14 am    Post subject:

grimmz4764 wrote:
Too bad that only works in fantasy land.

tenike1 wrote:
Quote:
Mike-Dub
Paul Pierce

and if bynum and ariza weren't hurt 3 yrs ago, lakers would have 3peated. C's ring in 08 deserves a big *
Mongo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:35 pm    Post subject:

Just because I was trolling around...

Quote:
hard to get excited about anything NBA or Celtics.
They just lost the Championship by 2 baskets
and a few calls that coulda gone either way.
They were worked against in every series leading up and in the final quarter of the 7th game.

behind the scenes i think quite a few players involved have lost the love of the competition when it is soiled by biased and/or crippling officiating.

The whole sharade of NBA is coming down to who accidentally touched whose arm first, or which player flops best, or what screens will be called, or which player to market.

I just feel deflated.

Quote:
We all do! We were one Perkins injury from 18! It SUCKS!

Quote:
i really feel like the Prize is stained.
i'm sure some players feel the same way, so does doc, so does owners. more than any other major sport, the system is
flawed.

Quote:
i understand your feelings. i am depressed over the celtics too.

as for the nba, honestly i agree with your points and have other problems with nba basketball as a game.

Quote:
Yeah they're are bad calls. They happen to both teams. Get over it. I mean, watch the first 4 minutes of game 7, EVERY call when the Celtics way. Kobe was getting tripped and pushed and there were no calls. That's what we wanted, and we lost. Time to move on.
Rico
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Yeah they're are bad calls. They happen to both teams. Get over it. I mean, watch the first 4 minutes of game 7, EVERY call when the Celtics way. Kobe was getting tripped and pushed and there were no calls. That's what we wanted, and we lost. Time to move on.

that is a good celtics fan
LFsnz67
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject:

nevitt_smrek wrote:
Here's some stuff from the (soon to be defunct?) Cavs Nation

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=30046

Quote:

Three Quick Hits:

1. Another thing I learned over the playoffs; having a great bench with tons of depth can be overrated when you have the best player on the floor every night. The Lakers essentially were a six man team. Look at their bench; outside of Lamar Odom, who else exactly wows you. Shannon Brown? Sasha Vujacic? Jordan Farmar?

Remember how we all looked at the Cavs bench and were wowed by how deep and interchangeable it was? Well how did that work out? Mike Brown had too many guys and never couldn’t figure out what worked best. Phil Jackson trusted and stuck to a short rotation and he is holding his 11th ring today.

Bottom line – Kobe Bryant + Phil Jackson = championship.

2. Amazing how a giveaway trade like Pau Gasol to the Lakers has completely changed the landscape of the NBA. Still to this day, nobody understood why Memphis GM Chris Wallace gave away his best player to the best team in the league for virtually nothing. If Wallace comes to his senses and doesn’t make that deal, The Lakers aren’t back to back champions. That is absolute fact.

Worst of all, we all thought the Antawn Jamison was our Gasol trade. We got Z back in 30 days and added that “stretch four” that we thought we all needed. In the end, Jamison was abused by Kevin Garnett which was a major factor in the series loss to Boston.

3. Its been said so many times since the Cavs were eliminated, but it bears repeating: Kobe Bryant is all about winning and is a cold-blooded killer on the court. He is focused completely on winning title. You cannot say the same thing about our superstar, who could soon be our ex-Superstar.

That's actually pretty accurate right there...
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject:

LFsnz67 wrote:
nevitt_smrek wrote:
Here's some stuff from the (soon to be defunct?) Cavs Nation

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=30046

Quote:

Three Quick Hits:

1. Another thing I learned over the playoffs; having a great bench with tons of depth can be overrated when you have the best player on the floor every night. The Lakers essentially were a six man team. Look at their bench; outside of Lamar Odom, who else exactly wows you. Shannon Brown? Sasha Vujacic? Jordan Farmar?

Remember how we all looked at the Cavs bench and were wowed by how deep and interchangeable it was? Well how did that work out? Mike Brown had too many guys and never couldn’t figure out what worked best. Phil Jackson trusted and stuck to a short rotation and he is holding his 11th ring today.

Bottom line – Kobe Bryant + Phil Jackson = championship.

2. Amazing how a giveaway trade like Pau Gasol to the Lakers has completely changed the landscape of the NBA. Still to this day, nobody understood why Memphis GM Chris Wallace gave away his best player to the best team in the league for virtually nothing. If Wallace comes to his senses and doesn’t make that deal, The Lakers aren’t back to back champions. That is absolute fact.

Worst of all, we all thought the Antawn Jamison was our Gasol trade. We got Z back in 30 days and added that “stretch four” that we thought we all needed. In the end, Jamison was abused by Kevin Garnett which was a major factor in the series loss to Boston.

3. Its been said so many times since the Cavs were eliminated, but it bears repeating: Kobe Bryant is all about winning and is a cold-blooded killer on the court. He is focused completely on winning title. You cannot say the same thing about our superstar, who could soon be our ex-Superstar.

That's actually pretty accurate right there...

Saying that Gasol changed the landscape of the NBA is about as accurate as it can get. However, give away, I do not believe so much. Memphis was starting over, like the Wolves did. They sent KG to Boston for Jefferson and change. Minny is worse then Memphis. At least Memphis got back Pau's brother Marc Gasol and the Grizzlies were a few weeks of good ball from probably getting close to the 8th seed. I do believe at the time it was highway robbery but the Memphis grizzlies are probably 1 impact player away from making the playoffs. The Wolves? They wont see the playoffs for years...Sorry Rambis...

If KG isn't traded to Boston, they do not have their championship. If Shaq doesn't get traded to Miami, they do not get there's. You can use that logic in so many other years, but the bottom line is the Lakers made it happen. It wasn't something that fell from the ski. And also, the Lakers have been making trades like that for decades. From Wilt, to Kareem, to the draft rights for Magic, Worthy, Scott, Kobe, etc. The Lakers repeat history over and over again (pun intended) and they will continue to do so as long as they have a chance to put banners in the rafters.
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:25 pm    Post subject:

Mongo wrote:
Just because I was trolling around...

Quote:
hard to get excited about anything NBA or Celtics.
They just lost the Championship by 2 baskets
and a few calls that coulda gone either way.
They were worked against in every series leading up and in the final quarter of the 7th game.

behind the scenes i think quite a few players involved have lost the love of the competition when it is soiled by biased and/or crippling officiating.

The whole sharade of NBA is coming down to who accidentally touched whose arm first, or which player flops best, or what screens will be called, or which player to market.

I just feel deflated.

Quote:
We all do! We were one Perkins injury from 18! It SUCKS!

Quote:
i really feel like the Prize is stained.
i'm sure some players feel the same way, so does doc, so does owners. more than any other major sport, the system is
flawed.

Quote:
i understand your feelings. i am depressed over the celtics too.

as for the nba, honestly i agree with your points and have other problems with nba basketball as a game.

Quote:

Lakers 10 free throws - celtics 38 freethrows - celtics "win" game by a narrow margin. celtic scrub also shoots more free throws than the entire Lakers team in limited minutes of play, abc also coincidentally shows a sympathy story about said scrub at half-time.

What does celtic fan in 2008 think about this? NBA is not flawed.

Lakers 37 free throws - celtics 17 free throws - Lakers win championship by four points in a close game. celtics' physical style of defense isn't allowed in the 4th quarter. Since the celtics never learned how to play real defense that doesn't involve fouling on every possession, they sent the Lakers to the stripe on nearly every play in the 4th quarter.

What does celtic fan in 2010 think about this? NBA is flawed and a sham.

"Experience is the best teacher of them all." - Lamar Odom (after Game 6 @ DEN, 2009 WCF)

OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject:

Those who blame refs for every loss are losers. Yes, some of you are in LG too. Sometimes the other team gets the calls and you don't. It happens. And sometimes the other team FOULS more then the other. A game isnt suppose to have even free throw attempts, thats stupid. I watched the game 7 in the fourth, those aholes fouled all but once out of the 21. And Lakers missed 9 of them anyway.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
Lakers 71-72 wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
Have you heard Heinsohn in the broadcast booth? He's yelling and screaming at the refs whenever his thug Celtics get called for it. Yet he berates PJ for what he imagines as influencing the refs. He's just a long-time Celtic homer, the typical kind, the arrogant kind. This victory was sweet indeed!!

See, Heinsohn knows--like Ron said--that Phil has zen. Even though Phil is sitting placidly in his chair with a bored look on his face, he's actually screeming thunderous complaints from the deepest recess of his diaphram making his voice sound like hell's echo chamber about all the missed calls. It's very, very subtle...

I watched Gm 1 again and they panned in on Phil's face after some controversial call and he looked like he was at an insurance seminar. Heinsohn has more than coffee in that cup of his.
Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject:

non-player zealot wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:
Lakers 71-72 wrote:
Lakers#1Team wrote:

I watched Gm 1 again and they panned in on Phil's face after some controversial call and he looked like he was at an insurance seminar. Heinsohn has more than coffee in that cup of his.

Pure Hatorade. No coffee.
tenike1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject:

http://forums.celticsblog.com/index.php?PHPSESSID=c7eb0e9e273bccb1f943d5593ffd86ac&topic=39511.0

This thread kind of brought a smile to my face.

pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 9:53 am    Post subject:

More Simmons.

It looks like he still can't bring himself to write an entire article on the Laker win over the Celts. Bill's been reduced to just sniping at Kobe with one-liners (question 7 in this article, quoted below) and dwelling on that 6-for-24 game 7 (funny he never mentions the 10 points in the 4th quarter which he would probably slobber all over MJ for or the 15 boards which is insane for a guard).

I love it.

Bill Simmons wrote:

Question No. 7: You haven't handled Boston's Game 7 loss to the Lakers very well. What was the snarkiest e-mail or text you sent to a Boston friend after hearing that Kobe was attending the USA-Ghana game?

It was a tie between "Since Kobe is attending this game, does this mean we're gonna get all the calls?" and "Kobe watched only six of the first 24 minutes but was still named MVP of his luxury suite."
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:18 am    Post subject:

When Simmons was on with Kornheiser and Wilbon the other day in their "free agent summit" he must have said at least a dozen times, "If Lebron went 6-24 his team would lose because he had a crappy team and Lebron had to carry them all year." That's his new mantra -- he has to work in the words 6-24 into every sentence.

Later in the program they were predicting how many titles Lebron would end up with -- the other guys said 2 or 3 but Simmons was adamant that Bron would win AT LEAST SEVEN! He's been in the league 7 years so he better get started if he's winning the next 7 in a row -- which is about what it would take. He just can't stand that Kobe has 5 and the Laker window is wide open.

Hey, Bill. Only about 6 of every 24 of your jokes is funny.
Hey, Bill. Only about 6 in every 24 Celtic fans has an I.Q. over 100.
Hey, Bill. Next years Celtics have a 6 in 24 chance to even make it to the ECF.
Hey, Bill. Only 6 of every 24 fouls the Celtics commit actually get called.

See, two can play at this game. I'm tempted to email his mail bag a long list of these. Anyone else wanna play?
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:40 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
When Simmons was on with Kornheiser and Wilbon the other day in their "free agent summit" he must have said at least a dozen times, "If Lebron went 6-24 his team would lose because he had a crappy team and Lebron had to carry them all year." That's his new mantra -- he has to work in the words 6-24 into every sentence.

Later in the program they were predicting how many titles Lebron would end up with -- the other guys said 2 or 3 but Simmons was adamant that Bron would win AT LEAST SEVEN! He's been in the league 7 years so he better get started if he's winning the next 7 in a row -- which is about what it would take. He just can't stand that Kobe has 5 and the Laker window is wide open.

See, two can play at this game. I'm tempted to email his mail bag a long list of these. Anyone else wanna play?

You're being waaaayyy too generous there. More like 6 in 24 chance of even making the playoffs.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:44 am    Post subject:

^^^Only because it's the Leastern Conference. I doubt they'd make the playoffs in the West.
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 10:48 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:

Oh man, as a Laker fan, watching that free agent summit was brutal. Couldn't ask for a more biased panel of guests. All who was missing was Skip Bayless and it'd be the worst panel ever.
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:02 am    Post subject:

ChefLinda wrote:
When Simmons was on with Kornheiser and Wilbon the other day in their "free agent summit"...

Who was the other guy on the show? He was like a total shill for the Heat/Riley. It was almost embarrassing to watch that guy, it was so unprofessional.
ChefLinda

PostPosted: Thu Jul 01, 2010 11:08 am    Post subject:

Travis Bickle wrote:
ChefLinda wrote:
When Simmons was on with Kornheiser and Wilbon the other day in their "free agent summit"...

Who was the other guy on the show? He was like a total shill for the Heat/Riley. It was almost embarrassing to watch that guy, it was so unprofessional.

Dan Le Batard -- he writes for the Miami Herald and he always shills for Miami when he's on Around the Horn or PTI.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: