***LAKERS -at- SUNS 5/29 Game 6 Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 128, 129, 130  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The_Dyn@sty
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:22 pm    Post subject:

Yes, He shook hands with Reggie Miller, Kenny Smith, and Charles Barkley when they interviewed him on the post-game show LOL
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Why did you merge the Ron Artest props thread?
Star Player
Star Player

I saw him tryin to approach and reach out his hand to Gentry but he just pretended he didn't see Sasha and just kept talking to Fisher.
Java_C1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:24 pm    Post subject:

BOSTON IS NEXT!
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Jacko wrote:
People are mistaking when they think I'm Ron Ron hater, i just criticize him when he is not playing up to his potential.

i rather he play like this every game so i don't have to bash him.

Just kidding, Big J! Don't make me feel bad!

I know how you feel when Artest misses his wide open 3pt shoot. It is frustrating as hell for me also.

Let's hope he continues the trend like he did tonight. Let's hope he deserve the ring and a meeting with Obama for his adorable daughter.
sportsgod
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Forget Sasha, it was Phil who nearly cost Lakers the game

The point everyone's missing is Sasha never should have been out there in the first place. With Kobe making every shot and the Lakers up big after three quarters, it was time to leave your best players on the floor and close them out.

The only possible way to lose was to remove Kobe, put in a guy like Sasha and watch ther momentum change. Sure enough, Vujacic does something stupid and the result was nearly catastrophic.

There is no such thing as second units and substitution patterns in the playoffs. You put your best team on the floor for 40+ minutes and play to win.

What was the point in resting Kobe while he was hot? The Boston series doesn't begin until Thursday, so Bryant has four full days to rest.

So with the season on the line Phil takes out the best player in the NBA for a stiff like Sasha? When the team is only 12 minutes from the Finals? It made absolutely no sense and a terrible move by the Zenmaster.
noahp45
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:09 pm    Post subject: Re: Forget Sasha, it was Phil who nearly cost Lakers the game

sportsgod wrote:
The point everyone's missing is Sasha never should have been out there in the first place. With Kobe making every shot and the Lakers up big after three quarters, it was time to leave your best players on the floor and close them out.

The only possible way to lose was to remove Kobe, put in a guy like Sasha and watch ther momentum change. Sure enough, Vujacic does something stupid and the result was nearly catastrophic.

There is no such thing as second units and substitution patterns in the playoffs. You put your best team on the floor for 40+ minutes and play to win.

What was the point in resting Kobe while he was hot? The Boston series doesn't begin until Thursday, so Bryant has four full days to rest.

So with the season on the line Phil takes out the best player in the NBA for a stiff like Sasha? When the team is only 12 minutes from the Finals? It made absolutely no sense and a terrible move by the Zenmaster.

are you serious? we WON it's over,

almost my a$$

Bring BEAN TOWN
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 10:57 pm    Post subject:

Kudos Lakers!
ACS Rob
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat May 29, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject:

i heart u derek fisher...

n0h0m0.

love how the game ended... it was just another game to them. let the real games begin. buck foston.
ecchen1
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:08 am    Post subject: Kobe Slapping Alvin Gentry's Butt

(Kobe makes a tough jump shot over Grant Hill)
Alvin Gentry (to Grant Hill): Nice Defense
Kobe (slaps Alvin Gentry's butt): Not good enough.

That was hilarious.

Shout out to Alvin Gentry and the Suns--they made this series very fun and entertaining to watch. Great adjustments and good team ball. The Lakers were just too talented.

Also a classy post-game interview from Gentry, who said he'd be cheering on the Lakers in addition to being a big Kobe Bryant fan!

Last edited by ecchen1 on Sun May 30, 2010 12:10 am; edited 1 time in total
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:09 am    Post subject:

Kobe is straight Gangsta

Gentry is a great coach though. I'd root for the Clips if he was their coach.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:11 am    Post subject:

Gentry is so much better than Pringles. Makes it harder to hate the Suns this time around.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 12:16 am    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
Gentry is so much better than Pringles. Makes it harder to hate the Suns this time around.

Dat True!
Worthy42
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:42 am    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:

Gentry's the man. I've said it all along. Not at all like that dbag Pringles.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 1:58 am    Post subject:

Supreme wrote:
OldManLakerFan wrote:
Kobe > Michael

Completely idiotic statement. Kobe is the best player in the game and has been for years now but nobody will ever reach the greatness of MJ.

No it's not an idiotic statement. MJ was the best player in one era and you're stuck there.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject:

thurloly wrote:
srm90 wrote:

Dat True!

Agree. Gentry's got class. I wonder what he's doing when PJ retires?
AliG
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 4:42 am    Post subject: Has Kobe finally won Chuck over?

I still couldn't believe what I saw during the TNT postgame show, for the first time in my life I saw Chuck used the word "great" at least three times to describe Kobe's shots. I am a little disappointed that Kenny and Reggie didn't take the opportunities to rip him to shred...
LAL4K3RS
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:00 am    Post subject:

They probably were told to ease off on the drunk/gambling addicted bald loser.

But just so you know, deep down inside both Kenny and Reggie, they were laughing and smirking everytime Chuckster had to use the word great.

Those words must have been poison to Chuck...it must have tasted like ash and bile. Thankfully he gets to drink right after the show.
This Laker Organization has not yet hit bottom. It is moving there quickly, and I suspect this year we will see zero talent coming to the Lakers and we will trade away Kuz and BI for old vets in the hopes of giving LeBronze some scapegoats.
LakersInFour
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:07 am    Post subject:

Well ... that gone fishin' picture of Reggie and Kenny as Mario and Luigi, and then the Charles as a fat Spiderman were classic!
"It’s like going to the Getty and standing in front of Van Gogh’s Irises while some schmuck next to you critiques individual brush strokes. Just shut up already. The more you talk, the more you embarrass yourself."
Tick
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:14 am    Post subject:

Charles is just very loyal to Michael Jordan. He takes it personally when Kobe is compared to MJ, because Jordan and the Bulls prevented Charles from winning a ring.

I see this in every generation of basketball fan and players. All of them hold the era they identify with as the be all end all. They truly believe in their hearts that basketball's final chapter was written by player "x" during era "x."

Then they find out that no player or era is above the game. Somebody else comes along and elevates everything we saw prior to his arrival. They see several players and teams matching what they thought was unmatchable.

Which leaves them with two options: 1) wax nostalgia and become bitter; or 2) give credit where credit is due.

That's what Charles is having to do now. He must give Kobe the respect because Kobe earned it. He can wax nostalgia all he wants, but there has been a lot of great basketball to come along since Jordan.

And yes, there will be Kobe fans, and fans of this era that will struggle with the next best thang that comes along too. There will be a "charles equivalent" behind the mic speaking on behalf of Kobe one day. Bank on it.
Sage_10
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 5:58 am    Post subject:

LAL4K3RS wrote:
They probably were told to ease off on the drunk/gambling addicted bald.

You forgot to mention his addiction to prostitutes and drunk driving.
Trajan
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 6:03 am    Post subject:

Revenge is a dish best served purple and gold. Next in line to get served, Celtics.
ducasse
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 2:47 pm    Post subject: At 3:26 timeout what was the argument in Lakers huddle?

Hamblen looked upset and was pointing at someone and Phil seemed to be arguing with him. Then Shaw stepped in the middle of it and was trying to explain something to Hamblen and calm him down.
Fleur-de-Lis
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:07 pm    Post subject:

Hamblen probably wanted to kill Sasha
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun May 30, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject:

Probably had a fundamental disagreement on where to go for dinner after the game.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 128, 129, 130  Next
Page 129 of 130
Jump to: