Report: LeBron To Pick Miami Heat (Pg. 14)
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Report: LeBron To Pick Miami Heat (Pg. 14)

Quote:
Cleveland Radio Host Says LeBron Will Re-Sign With Cavs

According to a Cleveland radio host, LeBron James has already made up his mind to re-sign with the Cavs but will leave after his next contract.

“I got this from a good source last night: LeBron James is not going anywhere,” Mike Trivisonno said.

“LeBron James is going nowhere ... absolutely, positively nowhere. He’s signing with the Cleveland Cavaliers,” Trivisonno said.

The radio host calls James’ apparent desire to enter free-agency a “smokescreen,” though he then says that James will end his time in Cleveland after his next contract.

James will sign “about a three-year contract ... and then he’ll move on somewhere else.”

At one point, Trivisonno appears to be hinting that his source is close to James.

http://realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/65843/20100408/cleveland_radio_host_says_lebron_will_re_sign_with_cavs/#

Last edited by Lakerfan 4 Life on Wed Jul 07, 2010 9:07 pm; edited 48 times in total
Mark_in_Tulsa
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject:

Said the station desperate for ratings.

---George Carlin
Rodman28
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 5:36 am    Post subject:

If true/if not...who gives a (Bleep)?

I guess I am kind of injury prone.- Andrew Bynum

These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess.- Kobe Bryant
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 8:45 am    Post subject:

The 'gone in 3 years' bit makes no sense whatsoever. If true, it's monumentally stupid.
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Come on down to Cleveland today...

Hey, come on down to Cleveland town everyone
Under construction since 1868
See a river that catches on fire
It's so polluted that all our fish have AIDS
We see the sun almost three times a year
Our main export is crippling depression
Buy a house for the price of a VCR
Our whole economy is based on LeBron James

Yeah, LeBron's going to stay there...

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerFan87
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2010 7:19 pm    Post subject:

I smell BS.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:41 am    Post subject:

If Lebron is smart, he will go to New York. They could build a team there that can compete quickly.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:01 am    Post subject:

New York or New Jersey is where he should be.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:45 am    Post subject:

Sports talk radio has the same journalistic standards of integrity as a random Internet poster.
ssiknick833
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:07 am    Post subject:

Quote:
According to a Cleveland radio host, LeBron James has already made up his mind to re-sign with the Cavs but will leave after his next contract.

LOL total BS
freshlakerfan21
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject:

Cleveland will never be able to surround Lebron with an all-star the best they could do was Jamison and he's not fitting in well with their team right now. In NYK he could possibly be teamed up with either Bosh, Amare, Johnson, or even Wade. The Knicks have the money and they are willing to spend it to win now. In New Jersey he would be surrounded by young talent with Brooke Lopez and either Wall or Harris. His legacy will be determined by championships and if he wants a good opportunity to win one he will leave Cleveland after they lose in the Eastern Conference finals again!
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:41 pm    Post subject: LeBron's Co-Author Thinks He'll Leave Cleveland

Quote:
LeBron's Co-Author Thinks He'll Leave Cleveland

Buzz Bissinger, the co-author with LeBron James of the book "LeBron's Dream Team," said in an interview that he thinks James is going to leave the Cavs as a free-agent this summer.

But Bissinger hedges his bet and does not believe that James has made up his mind yet.

"LeBron does love Ohio. He loves playing in Cleveland and he loves Akron," said Bissinger. "Like everyone else, I have asked LeBron what he is going to do and he has flashed me that exquisite smile. I am not privy to any special information, but my gut tells me he will leave the Cavaliers whether they win the NBA championship or not.

"He has aspirations beyond basketball. He wants to be a billion dollar athlete. He likes challenges and bright lights. There is nothing like New York and the goal of making the Knicks champions again is an incredible one.

"So I say he goes to the Knicks, IF THEY GET THE RIGHT SUPPORTING CAST. And as you know that’s a big 'if' when it comes to the Knicks. LeBron would own New York in a way that no athlete has ever owned it, except maybe for Reggie Jackson after game six of the 1977 World Series when he hit three home runs, and as we know the love affair did not last forever.

"It would be exciting as hell to watch and I think LeBron would luxuriate in it. But as you say he also loves Ohio, so it is going to be a very difficult decision and I don’t think he has come close to making it yet. And remember, the most important value in LeBron’s life is loyalty. Still, I say he goes. But once again, if anybody out there is a betting man, bet against me."

http://www.hoopsaddict.com/catching-up-with-buzz-bissinger/
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
ESPN's Chris Broussard Claims Bulls Are LeBron's Top Pick If He Leaves Cavs

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard made an early TV appearance on Wednesday, saying the Bulls are LeBron James' No. 1 option should he leave the Cavaliers.

Broussard is an Ohio native and very close to James and his inner circle.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/05/lebron-mania-picking-up-steam.html
David Rivers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Broussard is a pathetic fan boy. Begging the Cavs to hire Phil Jackson.
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 2:58 pm    Post subject:

The Bulls were my latest pick to land Lebron, based on proximity to home, current talent level, and being a major media market. If Lebron goes to Chicago, they still have a slot for a 2nd big free agent. That team just needs another bigman, maybe a Boozer, Lee, type and they would be very competive. If Lebron goes to NY, even if they get a 2nd free agent, there is little on the team, it will take a couple of years to build a contender in a tough division. The Clippers or Nets could field pretty good teams around Lebron, but like Chicago, there are the coaching questions, and Chicago is much closer to competing in the playoffs.
kaoss128
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:01 pm    Post subject:

Does anyone actually believe Broussard has any idea what he is talking about?
Omar Little

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:21 pm    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
The Bulls were my latest pick to land Lebron, based on proximity to home, current talent level, and being a major media market. If Lebron goes to Chicago, they still have a slot for a 2nd big free agent. That team just needs another bigman, maybe a Boozer, Lee, type and they would be very competive. If Lebron goes to NY, even if they get a 2nd free agent, there is little on the team, it will take a couple of years to build a contender in a tough division. The Clippers or Nets could field pretty good teams around Lebron, but like Chicago, there are the coaching questions, and Chicago is much closer to competing in the playoffs.

Chicago, with the salmons trade, opened up one Max slot. So they'd need to do a sign and trade (deng) with Cleveland to open up space for another free agent. Or they sign him outright, and put him at four or trade Deng for a four/five.
iimarshon
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 3:32 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
waterman40 wrote:

Chicago, with the salmons trade, opened up one Max slot. So they'd need to do a sign and trade (deng) with Cleveland to open up space for another free agent. Or they sign him outright, and put him at four or trade Deng for a four/five.

i think theyll sign lebron outright and do a sign and trade for boozer and maybe even look at a guy like al harrington.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 4:52 pm    Post subject:

kaoss128 wrote:
Does anyone actually believe Broussard has any idea what he is talking about?

Naw, he's an idiot.

!...
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject:

you have to favor miami.

the most cap space of any team, and riley hints about coming back to coaching ?
he's not coming back for amare i tell you that much (although in theory could have all 3).

but the bulls could make sense if they can move deng, gibson, johnson, and their first for "nothing" - which may not be easy, but is doable.

it's a little strange if they're his first choice, but not in terms of supporting cast.
Ko8e8ryant
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:
ESPN's Chris Broussard Claims Bulls Are LeBron's Top Pick If He Leaves Cavs

ESPN The Magazine's Chris Broussard made an early TV appearance on Wednesday, saying the Bulls are LeBron James' No. 1 option should he leave the Cavaliers.

Broussard is an Ohio native and very close to James and his inner circle.

http://www.chicagobreakingsports.com/2010/05/lebron-mania-picking-up-steam.html

He is giving up #23 next year ...

- Andy Warhol
Lakersneuron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:05 pm    Post subject:

I like Chicago. I think they have a very strong team, and a legit presence in Noah and Rose. Taj Gibson is also a budding playing. Throw Lebron and another talented big, and you have a contender coming right out of the block.

However, the front office is a mess. I hope they aren't stupid enough to throw loads of cash at Brad Miller.
h2omike
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Miami is where I would expect Bosh to have first choice. Lebron in either Chicago or NY.
Gellollo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2010 9:06 pm    Post subject:

No Deng no deal.
tony smith
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject:

Gellollo wrote:
No Deng no deal.

It would be very ironic if Deng's contract blocked James signing with Chicago since he was the piece that blocked Kobe from heading to the Bulls.

If that's the case, Deng will have singlehandedly prevented TWO historical trades that would have forever altered the NBA power structure. Not bad for a glorified mid range jump shooter.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 1 of 17
Jump to: