Report: LeBron To Pick Miami Heat (Pg. 14)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Jun 01, 2010 10:17 pm    Post subject:

Cleveland dealt some of its trade chips but a big chip may be being able to take on higher salaries after this year, provided LBJ agrees to stay. With Turk trying to leave Toronto and Calderon being paid a lot, what if Bosh wanted to join LBJ in Cleveland? (sorry if already posted, its easy to get lost in this crap).

Toronto could sign and trade Bosh and take back expirings and Jamison's extra year to get out of the bigger ones....

turkoglu 10//10.5//11.5//12
calderon. 9//10.0//10.5
bosh.... 16//17.5//19//21

jamison 13.5//15
west......... 5

These numbers are very rough (especially the guess at Bosh's deal), but Toronto sends out about 35 million, so since Cleveland has to send salaries within 25% of that wouldn't that be something like 26.5 million? If thats the case it could be done a number of ways, depending on how negotiations go. If Toronto can get Cleveland's golden child Hickson, you could throw in Boobie Gibson and change. If they can't get Hickson, Telfair (3M) fits. If Toronto would rather want all expirings then Cleveland could TRY to resign Shaq for the difference (say 8 mill) and Toronto cuts him so he can get the MLE for whatever contender he wants, everyone wins. Makes too much sense if Toronto can get Hickson.

williams/calderon
parker/james
james/turkoglu/moon
bosh/Hickson or Powe
Varejao/?

Shaq (if possible) or Z would resign to round out the roster. It gives James a dynamic running mate in Bosh and keeps depth on the inside. It allows James to attack from the SF and SG positions and adding Calderon and even Turkoglu allows James to play more off the ball.
Master)v(ind
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 2:23 am    Post subject:

Lol @ Lebron. He's gone.
“A story about Kobe is the first time they went to be fitted for their USA uniforms and Kobe starts crying. The equipment person asks him what happened and Kobe was like, man, you don’t understand, I’ve dreamed of playing for my country."
Fallout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject:

No way in hell he's going to stay with Cavs again. They don't even have a coach. Put your selves in his shoes : ) PG slept with your mom. Cavs fan turning on you.

I'm betting NY will be his destination. Biggest market and crazy amount of advertisement money. But no rings.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:42 pm    Post subject: Source: LeBron Planning Free-Agent Tour

Quote:
Source: LeBron Planning Free-Agent Tour

According to a source, LeBron James is in discussions with Nike to create a new shoe for every city visited along a free-agent tour that will take him to New York, then Chicago, and possibly on to Miami and Los Angeles depending on his interest.

The source's opinion is that James will remain with the Cavaliers in the end.

UPDATE: Nike says that the company will not be making a signature shoe for any of James' free-agent stops.

http://nba.fanhouse.com/2010/06/04/source-lebron-james-plans-elaborate-free-agency-tour/
SouljahPhil...
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:54 am    Post subject:

LeCrab has a lots of drama...I really hope he ends up with the bulls...

so that his only bigman is noah..
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:17 pm    Post subject: Cavs Still Confident About Re-Signing LeBron

Quote:
Cavs Still Confident About Re-Signing LeBron

The Cavaliers are in the midst of both coaching and front office changes, but owner Dan Gilbert is still confident that the team can re-sign LeBron James.

"We feel good about it," he said. "We've put this franchise in a great place. We've shown all the players how much we care."

Cleveland fired coach Mike Brown last month and general manager Danny Ferry stepped down on Friday.

http://www.morningjournal.com/articles/2010/06/05/sports/doc4c09c890cd942020017182.txt
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:11 pm    Post subject:

Well, you can't say the Cavs aren't trying. They've scrapped the coach and GM. Their gonna make a strong play for guys that they think Lebron likes or feels confident will bring in the right talent.

In the end, though, I don't think it will be enough. Lebron NEEDS to be in a bigger market. That's just who he is.
Rodman28
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject:

Dumhead wrote:
Well, you can't say the Cavs aren't trying. They've scrapped the coach and GM. Their gonna make a strong play for guys that they think Lebron likes or feels confident will bring in the right talent.

In the end, though, I don't think it will be enough. Lebron NEEDS to be in a bigger market. That's just who he is.

I guess I am kind of injury prone.- Andrew Bynum

These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess.- Kobe Bryant
SouljahPhil...
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 2:34 pm    Post subject:

Hope LBJ ends up in Chi town or cleveland...
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject:

i don't care how confident they are - unless they land one of the top free agents - lebron is gone.

and that would be almost impossible for them to do.

extreme long shot - bosh - if they take on bosh calderon and hedo (and what are the odds of that ?

only half realistic scenario - joe johnson.
is that even enough ?

anyway, shaq's contract is the key and is their only remote chance at getting something like this done.

maybe shaq, parker, hickson for iggy, brand, 2

and then - iggy+2 for bosh. (or add jamison and calderon to the deal)

i guess.

it's a mess either way, but there's no way lebron sticks around without a top notch nba player coming along.
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:42 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Williams Wesley Claims LeBron Leaning Strongly Toward Bulls

According to Yahoo! Sports, William Wesley "has been telling everyone that he believes LeBron James is leaning hard toward signing with the Chicago Bulls."

Wesley is a member of James' inner circle.

Adrian Wojnarowski reports that GM Gar Forman may not have been sold on Tom Thibodeau as the team's new head coach but owner Jerry Reinsdorf made the final hiring decision. Thibodeau is represented by Wesley's agency.

An executive whose team has significant salary cap space told Wojnarowski that he believes the major deals will be agreed to before the top free-agents-to-be ever officially become free agents.

"I think all the big free-agent deals will be done by July 1, if not the draft. The NBA would have a cow if [it] knew what's going on now," the executive said.

Pat Riley is planning to pitch James, Chris Bosh and Dwyane Wade on taking less than maximum-salary contracts to play together in Miami. Riley is also intrigued by the possibility of bringing in Ray Allen.

Meanwhile, it was reportedly made clear by James' inner circle that he wanted both Mike Brown and Danny Ferry to be removed from their positions with the Cavaliers.

"LeBron never had to come out and say that he wanted Brown and Ferry gone," said a team executive familiar with the dynamic in Cleveland's front office. "But the anti-Brown and anti-Ferry sentiment from LeBron's crowd was loud and clear to Dan Gilbert. He knew where LeBron stood."

Wojnarowski writes that Gilbert is willing to do whatever James asks to keep the superstar in Cleveland, which contributed to Ferry's unhappiness in his position.

"Danny's been miserable for the past two years," a friend of Ferry told Yahoo! Sports. "Even if they kept LeBron, do you still lose for winning there anyway?"

Wojnarowski reports that Gilbert is determined to hire Tom Izzo, but would hire John Calipari upon James' request.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=Aq_wCnL0GVqAr6nNMrWp_3S8vLYF?slug=aw-lebroninfluence060510
Lakerfan 4 Life
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 7:51 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Source: LeBron, Chris Bosh Seriously Considering Joining Dwyane Wade In Miami

According to "an NBA source close to the discussions," LeBron James and Chris Bosh are seriously considering joining Dwyane Wade to play together in Miami.

All three would have to take significant pay cuts to play for the Heat. Miami is expected to have salary cap space for more than two maximum-salary contracts but well short of enough room for three.

http://www.clickorlando.com/magic/23799572/detail.html

Imagine that, the top 2003 draftees playing together on the same team!
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:24 pm    Post subject:

Do it.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:04 pm    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
i don't care how confident they are - unless they land one of the top free agents - lebron is gone.

extreme long shot - bosh - if they take on bosh calderon and hedo (and what are the odds of that ?

anyway, shaq's contract is the key and is their only remote chance at getting something like this done.

i guess.

it's a mess either way, but there's no way lebron sticks around without a top notch nba player coming along.

Like I said, I don't know that it would be that extreme of a long shot if they were creative enough to talk about it. Cleveland hasn't picked up the right pieces but they have shown they're willing to spend the money. So, if LBJ thinks that the best resolution is to add the prototypical 4 that he has been lacking for years to "win rings" in the city that worships him then he sways Bosh's decision.

Bosh would still get his numbers and both would have the option to bounce in three years, possibly two if they push to be dealt as a worst case scenario. It comes down to other cities actually building something that can win rings NOW. While teams have potential, there are a ton of maybes and ifs flying all over the place, but teams are filling coaching slots without giving James the key to the city.

You're right, using Shaq for a year is a big chip. It isn't their only hope, but gives them tons of freedom in deals. Toronto would make out like bandits if they could land Iggy and #2 rather than just lose Bosh.

Bottom line is I think financial freedom and being willing to add it isn't being hyped as much as the FA's meeting each other. This is what formed the Gasol deal, and I really think it will be what James uses to go where he wants. Could be adding the big in Cleveland, could be NY using Curry, could be Chicago using Deng. GM of the year is going to be decided by that move that won't end in a ring (that goes to LA of coarse) but will bring the biggest sideshow to that city. Isn't that what the league is all about now anyway?
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 9:16 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:

According to "an NBA source close to the discussions," LeBron James and Chris Bosh are seriously considering joining Dwyane Wade to play together in Miami.

All three would have to take significant pay cuts to play for the Heat. Miami is expected to have salary cap space for more than two maximum-salary contracts but well short of enough room for three.

So what do you do after that if you squeeze that in, sign 10 vet min contracts to play with the dominant 3 and Chalmers? lots of potential with the free agents, I'd have to assume they'll expand these meetings to secure some of these guys.
Rodman28
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:15 pm    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:

I'd love to see it, because Lebron and his ego would totally destroy that nice little trifecta.

These young guys are playing checkers. I'm out there playing chess.- Kobe Bryant
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
davidse wrote:

i guess.

Like I said, I don't know that it would be that extreme of a long shot if they were creative enough to talk about it. Cleveland hasn't picked up the right pieces but they have shown they're willing to spend the money. So, if LBJ thinks that the best resolution is to add the prototypical 4 that he has been lacking for years to "win rings" in the city that worships him then he sways Bosh's decision.

Bosh would still get his numbers and both would have the option to bounce in three years, possibly two if they push to be dealt as a worst case scenario. It comes down to other cities actually building something that can win rings NOW. While teams have potential, there are a ton of maybes and ifs flying all over the place, but teams are filling coaching slots without giving James the key to the city.

You're right, using Shaq for a year is a big chip. It isn't their only hope, but gives them tons of freedom in deals. Toronto would make out like bandits if they could land Iggy and #2 rather than just lose Bosh.

Bottom line is I think financial freedom and being willing to add it isn't being hyped as much as the FA's meeting each other. This is what formed the Gasol deal, and I really think it will be what James uses to go where he wants. Could be adding the big in Cleveland, could be NY using Curry, could be Chicago using Deng. GM of the year is going to be decided by that move that won't end in a ring (that goes to LA of coarse) but will bring the biggest sideshow to that city. Isn't that what the league is all about now anyway?

i don't see how they have any shot of even sniffing an elite talent without using shaq's contract.

they have very little else to offer.
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 3:21 am    Post subject:

Lakerfan 4 Life wrote:
Quote:

like i said - there had to be a very good reason riley was considering coaching again.

and amare or bosh joining wade is not that reason.
SouljahPhil...
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 6:30 am    Post subject:

I think LeCrab will really end up in bulls..Almost all signs are pointing to it...It will be good for us since he will not have a very good big man other than noah...

All these sources are confusing...each one are saying the exact opposite of the other...lol

As for the trifecta in miami..I really belived they will only sign 1 big time FA and that would be amare or bosh..If they indeed sign 3 how can they fill their roster? vet min and 2nd rounders? lol
waterman40
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 9:55 am    Post subject:

Lebron to Chicago, Bosh to Miami with Wade. Amare goes to NY to rejoin his old coach, Joe Johnson might end up there too. But that is it for the bundling most guys will take their max. deals with what they see as their best situations. Wade, Lebron, and Bosh are not going to take less than max. deals to make it work, plus leave room to build a good team around them. Lebron can build his brand in Chicago with a good cast there, Bosh wants the tax advanatges and beaches of Miami. Amare and JJ get their old system and the big apple to shine under. But these guys are not going to be leaving dollars at the table.
Rodman28
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject:

waterman40 wrote:
Lebron to Chicago, Bosh to Miami with Wade. Amare goes to NY to rejoin his old coach, Joe Johnson might end up there too. But that is it for the bundling most guys will take their max. deals with what they see as their best situations. Wade, Lebron, and Bosh are not going to take less than max. deals to make it work, plus leave room to build a good team around them. Lebron can build his brand in Chicago with a good cast there, Bosh wants the tax advanatges and beaches of Miami. Amare and JJ get their old system and the big apple to shine under. But these guys are not going to be leaving dollars at the table.

LA has beaches, forget Miami.

Come on down Bosh, come on down.

wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 11:35 am    Post subject:

People said the same about Boston in 2007 - but if that happened they would be clear cut favorites.

Lebron's biggest weakness is his inability to control games in the clutch - and Wade would do just that for him. Wade is a great closer, not Kobe level but he's won a ring playing huge in many 4th Q's.

I wouldn't like to see that happen. It's not that hard to have a 7 man rotation by playoffs. There are always a few vet pickups - and they would still have Chalmers at PG. Sign a veteran C for the vet min, and you're in business. Probably front runners to win it all.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:13 pm    Post subject:

I still don't see it happening.

Lebron is very much a 'what about me?' guy. If he isn't getting the lion's share of the attention, he's not happy.

So that guy is going to go play for the Heat in Wade County? (Yes, it's Dade county, but there are billboards all over the place with the new name) I don't think so.

Same reason he won't be a Laker.
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:38 pm    Post subject:

Hector the Pup wrote:
I still don't see it happening.

Lebron is very much a 'what about me?' guy. If he isn't getting the lion's share of the attention, he's not happy.

So that guy is going to go play for the Heat in Wade County? (Yes, it's Dade county, but there are billboards all over the place with the new name) I don't think so.

Same reason he won't be a Laker.

I can agree with that..But we should still pursure him..It wouldnt hurt to get a NO..The Lakers would still be in a better sitation for LeBron than the Heat Situation(if they do get Bosh) since he would still be getting the max/max/max..Kobe is older than Wade,better city,history etc. And plus the Cavs would get something out of it to build on

But yeah..In the end I think LeBron's Ego is way to big to come to the Lakers when we are already front-runners
Hector the Pup
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jun 06, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject:

I don't doubt the Lakers will pursue him like every other team, but any small chance of him being here vanished a couple of weeks ago.

Even if it is a better situation, there's no chance he'd do it.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Trade and Free Agency Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17
Jump to: