***LAKERS -vs- SPURS Game Thread 4/04***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gt1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Forget Kobe, forget Gasol, Phil, whatever.

It's about the Lakers joke offense. They're just no chemistry this season. The Lakers cut it down to two and then they get shut down, they can't score.

They only score 5 points in the next six minutes.

I've never seen a team with so much talent struggle to score night in and night out.
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:51 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:
duncan's been using that elbow to hook gasol all day long.

Gasol could play better preventive D and not let Duncan get within 3 feet of the hoop every time before he uses the hook. Not saying that's the reason we lost, but Gasol's Defense has been abysmal on Duncan. Duncan's work in the second half is a huge reason we haven't been able to go on runs.

TD using his elbow was allowed, while Pau's posting up was a moving pick?

We are the leasted respected team by refs in the league.
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Another great effort by Gasol trashed by the garbage trifecta of Kobe, Ron and Bench.
Taxidriver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
thurloly wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Gasol could play better preventive D and not let Duncan get within 3 feet of the hoop every time before he uses the hook. Not saying that's the reason we lost, but Gasol's Defense has been abysmal on Duncan. Duncan's work in the second half is a huge reason we haven't been able to go on runs.

I lol at this bs.

Rather than chip in with that inane comment why not remark on why I am so wrong? Or do you think Gasol defended him well? Btw, Duncan shot 10 of 14. That is not defending him well, especially when almost all of them came one on one in the post.

cause he defended him on every shot and there is such thing as just making a better shot. It's the NBA there is no such thing as perfect defense. He wasn't great but, he wasn't TERRIBLE as people will try to make it sound and he still had a great overall game. He didn't get any help on D all night and there was zero resistance to any penetration from all guards(but, that will be ignored...).
ghostwriter
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:53 pm    Post subject:

Duncan didn't do anything illegal....those are just post moves. There is no such thing as hooking with your elbow.
LAKERSALLDAY24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

wow JVG i think is high, the Lakers don't have enough talent with Bynum, to compete with the West if Kobe don't play well, Are you kdding me ? Odom, Gasol, Artest, Brown, isnt enough talent this guy is a duche
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=2995748#2995748
triplepurple
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

To everyone who seems to think the Lakers tanked the game today.

Why against the Spurs? are they gonna tank the rest of the games or win some?

again, why get embarrassed on national TV when they could tank other games?
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject:

well there u have it

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Odom back to mr. invisible again.
Taxidriver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

tw-lakbfan wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Look lets not cry about that but, when gasol just posts a guy up with next to zero contact on a fast break...you expect more from the refs than to call a phantom offensive foul.
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Cutheon wrote:
Taxidriver wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

It really hasn't been abysmal. Alot of that was duncan playing well and getting away with a few things and it isn't like Gasol was the only guy duncan scored on. All in all Gasol was clearly the best all around player today. Can't really even point out anyone else playing better D.

It's been horrific. He's 34 and he drove by Gasol easily a couple times. Not to mention he straight up abused Gasol in the post. He backed him down up until he was practically two feet from the basket before he got the ball and just went up for easy lay ups. I don't care if he was been the best all around player; he cannot be that weak in the post. we could have had a lot easier time trying to comeback in the 3rd and 4th if Duncan didn't get basket after basket when they were trying to hold us off.

Let get this straight since you don't know what is going on:

1) Duncan only made 3 shots in the fourth quarter. So saying Duncan's work is the reason that Lakers can't get close IS BS. It is MANU that killing the Lakers.
2) Duncan got away with foul (he used elbow, push off, and even getting away with offensive 3 second violation), that is why he can be able to score and stand 3 feet away from the basket.
3) All the Spurs players make 50% of their shot.
4) Gasol has to cover Manu penetration, that is why Duncan got more room.

So you blame Gasol's defense? And thinking Duncan is good?
Roger O. Thornhill
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:55 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSALLDAY24 wrote:
wow JVG i think is high, the Lakers don't have enough talent with Bynum, to compete with the West if Kobe don't play well, Are you kdding me ? Odom, Gasol, Artest, Brown, isnt enough talent this guy is a duche

Really you're going to argue with him after the effort you just witnessed out of the Lakers?
Shalashaska
Star Player
Star Player

gt1 wrote:
Forget Kobe, forget Gasol, Phil, whatever.

It's about the Lakers joke offense. They're just no chemistry this season. The Lakers cut it down to two and then they get shut down, they can't score.

They only score 5 points in the next six minutes.

I've never seen a team with so much talent struggle to score night in and night out.

Definitely true. For all the options we have on this team, the past few weeks, we've been dragging in the mud....
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

tw-lakbfan wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Way to point out one play to show how Pau was robbed. First off, it was clearly a moving screen. You can't block off Bonner's movement like that and keep shifting your feet on a fast break to block him off so your guy can get a lay up. That isn't posting up. Ref's aren't dumb. Who the heck posts up on a fast break with your teammate pushing the ball up the court attacking rim?

And yes, he can use his elbows. He didn't use them to clear space (i.e. throw them into Gasol), he used them to seal and get by his defender. Shaq did it every damn time he played here, doubt you complained them. Kobe does it in the post all the time. Gasol does it too.
RVCdesigns
Star Player
Star Player

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
CorkyTomjanovich
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject:

LAKERSALLDAY24 wrote:

he is exactly right. they have 5 good players. gasol, bynum, kobe, odom, artest. that's it and bynum is injured until who knows when.
Sabas
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject:

I love Ron and everything, but damn come on Ron. Do something.
LAKERSALLDAY24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Roger O. Thornhill wrote:
LAKERSALLDAY24 wrote:

Really you're going to argue with him after the effort you just witnessed out of the Lakers?

exactly it was all about a non effort had nothing to with our talent
http://forums.lakersground.net/viewtopic.php?p=2995748#2995748
thurloly
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
tw-lakbfan wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Way to point out one play to show how Pau was robbed. First off, it was clearly a moving screen. You can't block off Bonner's movement like that and keep shifting your feet on a fast break to block him off so your guy can get a lay up. That isn't posting up. Ref's aren't dumb. Who the heck posts up on a fast break with your teammate pushing the ball up the court attacking rim?

And yes, he can use his elbows. He didn't use them to clear space (i.e. throw them into Gasol), he used them to seal and get by his defender. Shaq did it every damn time he played here, doubt you complained them. Kobe does it in the post all the time. Gasol does it too.

Let get this straight since you are clueless about what is going on and try to insist for your sake of being not wrong:

1) Duncan only made 3 shots in the fourth quarter. So saying Duncan's work is the reason that Lakers can't get close IS BS. It is MANU that killing the Lakers.
2) Duncan got away with foul (he used elbow, push off, and even getting away with offensive 3 second violation), that is why he can be able to score and stand 3 feet away from the basket.

tw-lakbfan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject:

Van Gandy was right that we weren't a deep team.
Taxidriver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

thurloly wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Taxidriver wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

It really hasn't been abysmal. Alot of that was duncan playing well and getting away with a few things and it isn't like Gasol was the only guy duncan scored on. All in all Gasol was clearly the best all around player today. Can't really even point out anyone else playing better D.

It's been horrific. He's 34 and he drove by Gasol easily a couple times. Not to mention he straight up abused Gasol in the post. He backed him down up until he was practically two feet from the basket before he got the ball and just went up for easy lay ups. I don't care if he was been the best all around player; he cannot be that weak in the post. we could have had a lot easier time trying to comeback in the 3rd and 4th if Duncan didn't get basket after basket when they were trying to hold us off.

I'm not saying Pau was Bill Russel but, It's ridiculous for people to rag on him when NO ONE was on Manu who is the reason they pulled away in the fourth and Pau was force to cover him. Kobe sometimes gets too much blame offensively but, no one will dare call him soft or criticize his D.
ViolaMB
Star Player
Star Player

i'm pissed!

we just suck on ofense, no clue whatsoever, Kobe shooting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much, we dont even have a gameplan or anything on ofense, WE CANT SHOOT 3's! Miss everything, open shoot on now. They only good thing i can (bleep) up at this moment is that this loss help's us not playing Spurs 1st round! BRING ME PORTLAND ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, THEY HAVE NO CHANCE!
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

thurloly wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
Taxidriver wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
mhan00 wrote:

Stop with the passive insults. Talk like a human being.

1: only 3 shots? Those are huge when you have a lead and the other team is trying to come back. Not to mention his damage in the third.
2: already discussed it in another post. Every post player does it. Shaq did it to lead us to 3 rings.
3: So?
4: really now? Duncan got room in the post because of Ginobli's penetration. So, you are telling me Duncan was able to back down Gasol, get the ball, make his move one on one and score on Gasol because he was worried about Ginobli penetrating without the ball? Right, how did I miss that?
pkflyers
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 1:59 pm    Post subject:

tw-lakbfan wrote:
Van Gandy was right that we weren't a deep team.

doesnt take einstein to figure that out

Big Game James wrote:
I'm Kwame Brown and every one of my posts seem to be moved. I find this perplexing because I've never had a post move before!

http://tinyurl.com/snxt
Taxidriver
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:00 pm    Post subject:

ViolaMB wrote:
i'm pissed!

we just suck on ofense, no clue whatsoever, Kobe shooting wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy too much, we dont even have a gameplan or anything on ofense, WE CANT SHOOT 3's! Miss everything, open shoot on now. They only good thing i can [DELETED] up at this moment is that this loss help's us not playing Spurs 1st round! BRING ME PORTLAND ANY DAY OF THE WEEK, THEY HAVE NO CHANCE!

Kobe isn't really shooting all that much...he just needs to make them more lol. And the bench...just pathetic.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 37, 38, 39  Next
Page 38 of 39
Jump to: