***LAKERS -vs- NUGGETS Game Thread 02/28***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76, 77  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:02 pm    Post subject: Re: Props to Bynum for sending a message to Lawson

LakerLanny wrote:
PURPNGOLD09 wrote:
I know you guys will rag on Bynum all year long, and most of the defensive breakdowns are usually a guard's fault and not his fault. I'm proud of Bynum for laying out that little punk Lawson and sending him a message that if he wants to come into the lane there will be punishment for doing so. If Bynum contributed nothing else in the game, I'm proud of him for that.

The problem with Bynum is he consistently doesn't step up in big games.

Other than the game at Boston this year, I cannot remember another time he played well against a good team.

They need him to start making strides, he is paid too much to be a bit player.

I don't know what ppl expect of Andrew
min 26.1--FG 3-7..FT 7-11...BLK 1...PF 3...REB 6...PT 6... That's not a bad game IMO

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Props to Bynum for sending a message to Lawson

jodeke wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
PURPNGOLD09 wrote:
I know you guys will rag on Bynum all year long, and most of the defensive breakdowns are usually a guard's fault and not his fault. I'm proud of Bynum for laying out that little punk Lawson and sending him a message that if he wants to come into the lane there will be punishment for doing so. If Bynum contributed nothing else in the game, I'm proud of him for that.

Other than the game at Boston this year, I cannot remember another time he played well against a good team.

min 26.1--FG 3-7..FT 7-11...BLK 1...PF 3...REB 6...PT 6... That's not a bad game IMO

The thing with Bynum is if he doesn't get touches his involvment in the game just disappears. Thats one area he is different from Pau, Pau will go on playing, getting the boards anf whatever comes his way. Bynum needs to learn to play off the ball!!
matrixskillz
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Props to Bynum for sending a message to Lawson

jodeke wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
PURPNGOLD09 wrote:

6 points and 6 rebounds in 26 minutes is not a bad game for a $15M starting center?

"I GOT WHEATIES!"
Triple-Threat-Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Props to Bynum for sending a message to Lawson

LakersMDGurl wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
PURPNGOLD09 wrote:

The thing with Bynum is if he doesn't get touches his involvment in the game just disappears. Thats one area he is different from Pau, Pau will go on playing, getting the boards anf whatever comes his way. Bynum needs to learn to play off the ball!!

Exactly. People are blind to see that Bynum for the majority on the post looks for his own period.
squidward
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:23 pm    Post subject:

I think some people expect Bynum to be Kareem or something, he isn't. He should step up more and be more consistent. As a 7 feet tall and 285 lb center, he should be scary, but he isn't. He's no Kareem or Shaq, but he's not Mbenga.
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:24 pm    Post subject: Re: Props to Bynum for sending a message to Lawson

A Day in the Life wrote:
LakersMDGurl wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
PURPNGOLD09 wrote:

Exactly. People are blind to see that Bynum for the majority on the post looks for his own period.

he was passing out of double teams. when he attacked, he was inside.

sure, there were some shots that he should have made, but you can say that about pau and even ronron. why do you think phil pulled pau out of the game in the 4th? pau didn't keep playing. he let nene bully him for a lot of the game. fortunately, he started playing like a man and attacked the basket.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:28 pm    Post subject:

Pau 15 - 14 10 more minutes. Andrew is more effective with more PT and touches. He has to be more professional but I don't think his game was bad for the time he was on the floor. He's not making 15 mil it's 12 and that has nothing to do with the way he plays. Money can't block shot or make baskets.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
bryantest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:31 pm    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
bryantest wrote:
Wow. so what AB did against Boston on its homecourt doesn't count as "making strides"?

Did you even read my post?

What did I say about the game at Boston?

Read, assimilate, post. It isn't rocket science.

Sabi mo eh!
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:34 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Pau 15 - 14 10 more minutes. Andrew is more effective with more PT and touches. He has to be more professional but I don't think his game was bad for the time he was on the floor. He's not making 15 mil it's 12 and that has nothing to do with the way he plays. Money can't block shot or make baskets.

pau was also 6-14 and only 50% at the ft line.

so if you're going to comment about drew not making pau's money, then pau needs to step up more.

i just glad that pau stepped it up toward the end of the game when it matter though. drew isn't effective when he gets in early foul trouble. it does make a difference when he's allowed to be as physical as his man, like nene was today.
Dre
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Props to Bynum for sending a message to Lawson

matrixskillz wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
PURPNGOLD09 wrote:

6 points and 6 rebounds in 26 minutes is not a bad game for a $15M starting center?

Mitch offered Drew 15M blame him
LakersMDGurl
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:43 pm    Post subject:

We're gonna argue the Bynum/Pau issue, the fact of the matter is Pau is way better than Bynum, simply because as of right now Bynum cannot play off the ball. ON a team like this with many offensive weapons you have to learn to do just that! Bynum is much tougher than Pau, but he does NOT play tough against strong line ups.. It was evident in the Boston game, and it was tonight.
Phil benched Pau cause he was playing like a *****, getting knocked all over the place..not for lack of effort, because Pau was bringing it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 4:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Props to Bynum for sending a message to Lawson

Dre wrote:
matrixskillz wrote:
jodeke wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:
PURPNGOLD09 wrote:

Mitch offered Drew 15M blame him

Not blaming anyone just stating fact. I try not to place blame, not qualified.

ViolaMB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:08 pm    Post subject:

1. great win!

2. ron (bleep) ron and Lamar game MVP's!

3. Lamar for Bynum!

4. what if Kobe gets some more rest...can that be done?
Mr. Zero
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:16 pm    Post subject:

ViolaMB wrote:

3. Lamar for Bynum!

Do it Mitch!
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject: Bynum hurt Lawson's shoulder?

Did anybody see the play where Lawson hurt his shoulder? It looked like Bynum gave him a hard foul right on his shoulder. I think that little guy will think twice about coming in the lane next time we play them. lol

Last edited by 32 on Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:46 pm; edited 3 times in total
lounger
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:19 pm    Post subject:

I missed everything.

so who was the "whodafuc" this time?
The Lebrons
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject:

I think it was the play where Lawson pump faked, got Bynum in the air, and Bynum landed on Lawson's shoulder as he drew the contact.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject:

The Lebrons wrote:
I think it was the play where Lawson pump faked, got Bynum in the air, and Bynum landed on Lawson's shoulder as he drew the contact.

Okay. It turned out to be a good foul.
uberzev
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:23 pm    Post subject:

Bynum with the intangibles.
City_Dawg
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Oakley approves

!...
21_Blessings
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:24 pm    Post subject:

Bynum does give lots of a hard fouls which is a nothing but a good thing in today's NBA. Absolutely vital to the Lakers interior D. Great luxury which allows Pau to be fresher to close the game (even though he's 35% in the clutch this season).

Odom is playing the best basketball of his life.
CBaller8
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Bynum is never going to be a franchise player. Why do some Laker fans continue to believe this? He's just not that good and we overpaid to keep him. Good to see Ron improving on both ends; he was the POG today.
OX1947
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject:

yes he did. I said this in another thread. They are going to call a foul on the poor guy whether its a foul or not, might as well kill who ever comes to the hole who thinks the can get there at will.
Keyser Soze
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:

Nothing should surprise you after this.
Texas_Pete
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject:

uberzev wrote:

Seriously though. I forget who put TP on his ass back in 2003 (?) that turned the series after an 0-2 hole. Same scenario different year. Put players on their ass and watch them tiptoe through the lane. Or sit on the sideline with an icepack/wrap the rest of the game as a spectator.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 74, 75, 76, 77  Next
Page 75 of 77
Jump to: