CELTICS -at- LAKERS - 2/18 - Thoughts and :-(( Ratings
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LA1969
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 2:03 pm    Post subject:

24 wrote:
Keyser Soze wrote:
Phil got outcoached bigtime in this game.

When a team missing the best player in the league almost pulls out a win against a fully loaded contender, it hurts, but it definitely isn't being outcoached. They should have buried us...

Amen. Phil did his job with the exception of keeping Fisher in and bringing him back with 3 minutes left. But Farmar & Shannon really weren't that effective either. Painfully obvious we needed Kobe those last 2 seconds.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 3:33 pm    Post subject:

night89 wrote:

Why not give him those extra minutes at backup point? Backup points can't beat Odom, and if they use screens, then we can just switch, and our bigs can easily stay with those backup points also.

It's not a bad idea against certain guards. I would rather risk it in the second half of a game if he's not in foul trouble. He essentially plays one of the guard spots offensively anyway half of the time.

I think he's shown he can give impact minutes at multiple positions. I just don't like seeing us keep impact minutes on the bench when we don't have to.
Burgundy
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 4:33 pm    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
It's not a bad idea against certain guards. I would rather risk it in the second half of a game if he's not in foul trouble. He essentially plays one of the guard spots offensively anyway half of the time.

I think he's shown he can give impact minutes at multiple positions. I just don't like seeing us keep impact minutes on the bench when we don't have to.

I love this idea, and it's something I've been meaning to mention:

Why doesn't Phil play his five best players in crunch time?

What's wrong with a Kobe, Artest, Lamar, Pau, Bynum lineup?

Kobe would guard the opposing point guard and Lamar would play point on offense. Why wouldn't that lineup kill other teams with its height and athleticism?

Odom averages about 30 minutes a game when the team is healthy, why not bump him up to 35 and cut into Fish's minutes? Fish is averaging 27 minutes a game. His number should be a lot closer to 15.

Why can't Lamar take 5 of those minutes and Farmar take another 7 (Farmar is only averaging 18).

That way Farmar averages 25 minutes a game and Odom gets 35.

Fish gets knocked down to 15 (which is still too many, if you ask me).
Sister Golden Hair
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Burgundy wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

Kobe would guard the opposing point guard and Lamar would play point on offense. Why wouldn't that lineup kill other teams with its height and athleticism?

Odom averages about 30 minutes a game when the team is healthy, why not bump him up to 35 and cut into Fish's minutes? Fish is averaging 27 minutes a game. His number should be a lot closer to 15.

Why can't Lamar take 5 of those minutes and Farmar take another 7 (Farmar is only averaging 18).

My guess is that you will see the big/best line-up sometime in the finals, probably in one of the 4th quarters.

I bet you the team runs this line-up in practice once in a while
AJLakerFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 8:41 am    Post subject:

Burgundy wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:

That is a lineup I would love to see and don't think anything would be wrong with it IMO. I think the Pau/Bynum/Odom lineup has been doing pretty well so it's no stretch to add Kobe and Artest. For all the reasons you've stated above, I think it would work.
ssiknick833
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 20, 2010 10:54 am    Post subject:

Thanks DB.

This loss sucked really bad lol no question about that but let's look on the bright side. We almost beat a fully complete Celtics team without the best player in the game. Plus, we went 4-1 without. Not too shabby.
NupeWD1993
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Feb 21, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject:

EXCELLENT ARTICLE! I totally agree----I was excited about the Laker effort and the MERE CHANCE of a victory without Kobe and with the fact that overall, the Laker guard play on Thursday was disgusting...

I also agree that Phil should have stayed with the hotter players(relatively speaking)in Sasha and Farmar in the backcourt as they both outplayed Fisher and Brown....
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Thoughts and Ratings All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: