Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 512, 513, 514

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2024 1:50 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Mayweather is -225 for his rematch against Pacquaio this year.

It's gonna be the easiest money I've ever made.

I'm tempted to put in a bet now. But I think people's Mayweather hate can drop that number lower between now and fight night (which means more money for me).

kik, If I were a betting man I'd bet PacMan. I have a feeling he's going to hand MoneyMay his first loss. It won't count on his won loss professional record it will on his legacy. Pac ain't gonna be halfstepping. I believe this fight is happening when I hear the bell.

I have a friend who never fails to tell me, how much $ he's made in his life. Just by betting on Mayweather to win his fights. And he said he made the most $ on the first Pacman fight. Cause people were making the same argument you are now.

If something happened 50 times in a row. And I can get anywhere close to 50% profit. On betting on it happening a 51st time. I'm gonna take that bet.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:21 pm    Post subject:

The rules were released for the Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson fight.

16 oz gloves
2 minute rounds
No points judges. Must win by KO
Must pass EEG EKG
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2024 6:39 am    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
The rules were released for the Jake Paul vs. Mike Tyson fight.

16 oz gloves
2 minute rounds
No points judges. Must win by KO
Must pass EEG EKG

Exibition boxing is just that, EXIBITION. It's entertainment. Do any really expect to see a KO using 16oz gloves? Mike and Jake are going to make millions with little risk.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:40 am    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
Mayweather is -225 for his rematch against Pacquaio this year.

It's gonna be the easiest money I've ever made.

I'm tempted to put in a bet now. But I think people's Mayweather hate can drop that number lower between now and fight night (which means more money for me).

kik, If I were a betting man I'd bet PacMan. I have a feeling he's going to hand MoneyMay his first loss. It won't count on his won loss professional record it will on his legacy. Pac ain't gonna be halfstepping. I believe this fight is happening when I hear the bell.

I have a friend who never fails to tell me, how much $ he's made in his life. Just by betting on Mayweather to win his fights. And he said he made the most $ on the first Pacman fight. Cause people were making the same argument you are now.

If something happened 50 times in a row. And I can get anywhere close to 50% profit. On betting on it happening a 51st time. I'm gonna take that bet.

OK. I'm going with the idiom There's a first time for everything

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:11 am    Post subject:

Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia today. I have Haney. Garcia will try to fight dirty and get KDFO.

governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:26 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Devin Haney vs. Ryan Garcia today. I have Haney. Garcia will try to fight dirty and get KDFO.

I also think Garcia gonna get KDFO
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2024 3:24 pm    Post subject:

I'm in a quandary. I think the fight is at 5:00 and the Lakers start at 5:30. I hope the fight is at 4:30 Eastern.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 9:11 am    Post subject:

Ryan Garcia did a Muhammada Ali he SHOCKED DA WORLD! He almost knocked Haney out. Haney had never been down in his career. SCORECARD How DeLuca came up with a draw after 3 knockdowns shows why judges/judging is controversial. VIDEO

Last edited by jodeke on Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:47 am; edited 1 time in total
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 3:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Ryan Garcia did a Muhammada Ali he SHOCKED DA WORLD! He almost knocked Haney out. Haney had never been down in his career. SCORECARD How DeLuca came up with a draw after 3 knockdowns shows why judges/judging is controversial. VIDEO

Ryan looked like he's in a different league. If Tank hits Haney with some of the shots Ryan did, Haney is going to get slept.

I think Ryan was something like a +600 underdog. Man some people made some nice coin last night.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 4:39 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

Ryan looked like he's in a different league. If Tank hits Haney with some of the shots Ryan did, Haney is going to get slept.

I think Ryan was something like a +600 underdog. Man some people made some nice coin last night.

First fight I was shocked by the result in years.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 21, 2024 5:42 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

First fight I was shocked by the result in years.

Everyone, including myself, thought Ryan Garcia had lost his GD marbles but it turns out that was a masterclass in selling the fight. My interest went up ten fold in the build up to the fight.

Ref saved Haney from being stopped several times. Dude 100% had money on Haney.
Heartburn
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:56 am    Post subject:

One major problem with boxing, which is why I gave up on the sport entirely, is the results rarely match what you see. If you watched a fight on mute and didn't know anything about the fighters or judges, your eyes would tell you one thing. Once you turn the sound on and then learn about the scorecards, you're wondering if it's all just a joke.

A few years ago, I was up late one night and a replay of the Mayweather / De La Hoya fight was on. Everyone was asleep so I had the sound on really low and I just watched the action. DLH won the match. You can't convince me otherwise. However, when you heard the results and where the judges came in on the scoring, it felt more like WWE than an honest-to-God boxing match. The sport is a clownshow.

People disregard Garcia because he says some wild stuff. He probably has some level of CTE already. He's got a screw loose. But he can fight/box with the best of them.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 512, 513, 514
Page 514 of 514
Jump to: