General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 485, 486, 487 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2020 6:04 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Nice fight by Davis / Santa Cruz. As impressed as I was by the knockout, I was more impressed by Davis interview post fight. He for once didn't act like a complete tool. Also looked like he took his training seriously this time. That is welcome let's hope he continues on this path. Lightweight is packed with good fights now if he can take his training seriously he has some nice paydays available. But he has to keep his weight at 135 because I think 140 is just too much for him.

Floyd's going to use his boxing business acumen to make sure Tank gets paid, big time. He'll probably fight some tomato cans for a while. Floyd's already elevated him to a PPV fighter and he's only had 24 fights.
1) Jorge Linares (43-3)
2) Mikey Garcia (37-0)
3) Robert Easter Jr. (20-0)

I'd like to see Tank mix it up with Easter. I don't think Floyd will let him fight any of those listed for a while.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:37 pm    Post subject:

Expecting Crawford to handle Brook, who has been through too many battles at this point.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:50 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
ExPatLkrFan wrote:
Nice fight by Davis / Santa Cruz. As impressed as I was by the knockout, I was more impressed by Davis interview post fight. He for once didn't act like a complete tool. Also looked like he took his training seriously this time. That is welcome let's hope he continues on this path. Lightweight is packed with good fights now if he can take his training seriously he has some nice paydays available. But he has to keep his weight at 135 because I think 140 is just too much for him.

Floyd's going to use his boxing business acumen to make sure Tank gets paid, big time. He'll probably fight some tomato cans for a while. Floyd's already elevated him to a PPV fighter and he's only had 24 fights.
1) Jorge Linares (43-3)
2) Mikey Garcia (37-0)
3) Robert Easter Jr. (20-0)

I'd like to see Tank mix it up with Easter. I don't think Floyd will let him fight any of those listed for a while.

Tank and Bunny Easter are really good fiends so I don't see them fighting. It's all about the checks in boxing now. Tank needs to either fight Loma or Teofimo. Haney looked good versus Gamboa but Gamboa is clearly shot. Even Ryan Garcia would be better than fighting Santa Cruz ven though Leo looked really good until he got dropped.

As far as Floyd, he does need to stay out of the way even when they ask him questions because he really do not have the interview skills to articulate himself.

"Floyd, what's next for Tank?"

Well, when I was fighting under Top Rank ..." Dude just goes off topic quick as hell. Just let Tank have his moment and get him paid.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:52 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Expecting Crawford to handle Brook, who has been through too many battles at this point.

Last two big fights, both eye sockets were shattered. Looked good early but Bud clearly was being patient and found his opening. Brook is clearly damaged goods.

When Brook is your biggest name at 47, it should let BoMac and Bud know it's time to let that Top Rank contract expire and solidify his legacy against Manny, Spence, Porter and Garcia. No true 147ers on that Top Rank staff.
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 14, 2020 10:59 pm    Post subject:

ExPatLkrFan wrote:

If I'm not mistaken, the stupidity of boxing came into play. They were fighting for belts at 130 and 135 and they weigh in limit was 130. Tank weighed in at 129.75; went into the fight around 143. But those are the deals you have to make when you're fighting someone a class lower. He could probably fight comfortably at 140figuring he spars middleweights and walks are at 160+ ..... sooner r later, he's gotta decide and make Floyd get Loma or Teo in the ring.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 11:54 am    Post subject:

What do you guys think of the Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr exhibition tomorrow?
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 12:02 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Glad you reminded me. Mike's gonna beat Roy down. I like Mike. I don't know why he's continuing to fight. Maybe he needs the money. His net worth is reported to be 3 million. I think his career earnings were around $685 million. I don't have to pay to watch. I have a great streaming service, EMINENCE. I get all PPV free.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:15 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Glad you reminded me. Mike's gonna beat Roy down. I like Mike. I don't know why he's continuing to fight. Maybe he may need the money. His net worth is reported to be 3 million. I don't have to pay to watch. I have a great streaming service, EMINENCE. I get all PPV free.

I was watching youtube clips of First Take and the panel was talking about it....otherwise I would've completely forgotten about it.
As far as Iron Mike Tyson only having 3 million net worth that is sad considering how much money he made for other people in his career.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Nov 27, 2020 1:19 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:

Glad you reminded me. Mike's gonna beat Roy down. I like Mike. I don't know why he's continuing to fight. Maybe he may need the money. His net worth is reported to be 3 million. I don't have to pay to watch. I have a great streaming service, EMINENCE. I get all PPV free.

I was watching youtube clips of First Take and the panel was talking about it....otherwise I would've completely forgotten about it.
As far as Iron Mike Tyson only having 3 million net worth that is sad considering how much money he made for other people in his career.

Not to mention he made 685 million, over 1/2 billion, himself.

Looking forward to Earl Spence Jr vs Danny Garcia, Saturday, Dec 5th. I like Spence in this one. Possibly by KO.

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 7:23 pm    Post subject:

Watch Tyson vs Jones http://crackstreams.com/boxing-streams/watch-triller-tyson-vs-rjj/

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:09 pm    Post subject:

Nate Robinson ex basketball player had his first professional fight. He got KDFO

Last edited by jodeke on Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:10 pm    Post subject:

Don't underestimate the youtuber Jake Paul....wow.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:12 pm    Post subject:

God....I was better skilled than Nate Robinson in PLEBE year boxing at West Point much less years 2 and 3. That movement and lack of defense reminds me of the (bleep) I used to see when cadets who never boxed in their lives would just make a beeline towards their opponents. So easy to counter although I gotta say I never knocked someone out as badly as Nate just got destroyed.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:26 pm    Post subject:

Embarrassing performance by Nate.

Did he train before this fight? And if so, for how long?
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:32 pm    Post subject:

Whoever thought it was a good idea to send Nate Robinson out there in this form should be jailed. He was not trained properly, completely inexperienced and had no idea what to do out there. You are a walking target to get picked apart if you are lucky and destroyed if you are unlucky if you are fighting a guy much more experienced than you and you cant think or hold your nerves in the ring.
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:45 pm    Post subject:

Jones had a very narrow window of time he could have challenged Tyson. The one who came off beating Toney was at his best but was too light. Perhaps the one right before John Ruiz where Tyson was washed would be Jones best chance.
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:47 pm    Post subject:

1995Lakers wrote:
Whoever thought it was a good idea to send Nate Robinson out there in this form should be jailed. He was not trained properly, completely inexperienced and had no idea what to do out there. You are a walking target to get picked apart if you are lucky and destroyed if you are unlucky if you are fighting a guy much more experienced than you and you cant think or hold your nerves in the ring.

Agreed. Also complicit: the people watching.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 8:49 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
dude trains year round boxing and jj however it’s unlikely we will see him in an mma fight
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:05 pm    Post subject:

Good for Iron Mike....he is holding back
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:10 pm    Post subject:

Wrestling match. I wonder how many got tricked into buying PPV?

lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:38 pm    Post subject:

The only winner of tonight's main event was their bank accounts.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Who knew Snoop was the boxing commentator we been missing?
nickuku
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2020 9:42 pm    Post subject:

This is a disgrace for the people that even sanctioned this event.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 8:09 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
dude trains year round boxing and jj however it’s unlikely we will see him in an mma fight

The kid is really trying to start a boxing or MMA career. Hey it's his right to destroy his own body I guess. I heard him call out Conor McGregor after the fight. lol. Good luck with that Jake. He'd get paid for that fight. But it could be the last fight he's in for a long time.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2020 9:34 am    Post subject:

The fight was billed as an exhibition charity event. I don't know how much each fighter made. Mike's net worth is reported to be around 3 million, Roy's around 5 million. Mike made around 685 million in his career, Roy around 55 million. I could live with that. I don't know if that's enough for Mike and Roy's lifestyles.

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 485, 486, 487 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 486 of 514
Jump to: