governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 1:12 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Tyson Fury Gonna Shock Da World!!! If he can stay away from Wilder's lethal right hand.

Stiverne went 12 rounds with Wilder twice and he's no where near the boxer Fury is.

Stiverne got KO'd in the 1st round the 2nd time they fought.
Ortiz lasted 10 rounds the first time. But was done in round 7 the second time around.

I stand corrected. I read Stiverne's BoxRec wrong. I may be the only one in the thread who thinks Fury has a chance to beat Wilder.

Most boxers favor Fury because of his style, and I can definitely see Fury winning if he avoids the canvas. My dad is favoring Fury, and he's watched probably twice as much boxing as me. However, Fury was put down twice in the first fight while miraculously getting up the second time, so I don't think his chances of surviving get better in the second fight after going life and death with a bum in his most recent fight.

Fury is not an Andre Ward level boxer, who has incredible IQ, heart, and timing (with sneaky power). Fury has good (not great, but appears great for his size) movement and a minuscule reach advantage of two inches (85" to 83" for Wilder), and that's about it. Most of the time, Fury doesn't plant his feet or stay stationary enough for his power to seriously hurt or stop Wilder from hunting him down, and, if Fury does plant his feet to throw bombs (and he will have to at some point in the fight), Wilder will gladly trade and finish him.

Wilder also has an underrated chin, dude took King Kong's best punches and didn't even go down
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:22 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
kikanga wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Tyson Fury Gonna Shock Da World!!! If he can stay away from Wilder's lethal right hand.

Stiverne went 12 rounds with Wilder twice and he's no where near the boxer Fury is.

Stiverne got KO'd in the 1st round the 2nd time they fought.
Ortiz lasted 10 rounds the first time. But was done in round 7 the second time around.

I stand corrected. I read Stiverne's BoxRec wrong. I may be the only one in the thread who thinks Fury has a chance to beat Wilder.

Most boxers favor Fury because of his style, and I can definitely see Fury winning if he avoids the canvas. My dad is favoring Fury, and he's watched probably twice as much boxing as me. However, Fury was put down twice in the first fight while miraculously getting up the second time, so I don't think his chances of surviving get better in the second fight after going life and death with a bum in his most recent fight.

Fury is not an Andre Ward level boxer, who has incredible IQ, heart, and timing (with sneaky power). Fury has good (not great, but appears great for his size) movement and a minuscule reach advantage of two inches (85" to 83" for Wilder), and that's about it. Most of the time, Fury doesn't plant his feet or stay stationary enough for his power to seriously hurt or stop Wilder from hunting him down, and, if Fury does plant his feet to throw bombs (and he will have to at some point in the fight), Wilder will gladly trade and finish him.

Wilder also has an underrated chin, dude took King Kong's best punches and didn't even go down

I agree, but I think Wilder was almost out on his feet in that first fight. A younger Ortiz (or a better ref), and Wilder may have been stopped in that round. However, Wilder showed tremendous heart in coming back to stop Ortiz later in the same fight.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:24 pm    Post subject:

People call Ortiz an old bum. But I think he'd give Joshua a run for his money. Ortiz could offer him any split he wants. And I still doubt Joshua takes that fight.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:36 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
People call Ortiz an old bum. But I think he'd give Joshua a run for his money. Ortiz could offer him any split he wants. And I still doubt Joshua takes that fight.

for sure, Ortiz is better than the Ruiz that knocked out Joshua
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 2:49 pm    Post subject:

That Ruiz fight made me wonder about Joshua. It seemed like he could have continued. He didn't argue he just accepted the stoppage. I asked myself did that mean he doesn't have the heart of a champion?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:01 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:

Ortiz is old, but he's not a bum. Anyone calling Ortiz a bum is plain ignorant. Joshua avoided Ortiz for a reason.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 3:04 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
That Ruiz fight made me wonder about Joshua. It seemed like he could have continued. He didn't argue he just accepted the stoppage. I asked myself did that mean he doesn't have the heart of a champion?

He was concussed and getting his ass whooped. Did he "quit"? That determination depends on how you look at it. Probably similar to McGregor "quitting" while getting choked out and tapping out. I don't think Joshua had any path to victory that night after getting concussed. In terms of heart, Joshua never had the heart of a champion since he avoided Wilder for his entire career.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 11:34 pm    Post subject:

The first one was quite a fight, I thought Wilder won a close one but it wasn't the worst draw I have ever seen.

Here it is if you haven't seen it, looking forward to the rematch on Saturday. I don't think Wilder let's it come down to a decision this time.

Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

I got Wilder by KO, later rounds.
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject:

governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:

That's why I laugh when British boxing fans say this fight doesn't matter until the winner fights Joshua.
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 3:45 pm    Post subject:

Wrote up a prefight analysis and prediction for the Wilder vs. Fury rematch earlier today: http://masterclassboxing.blogspot.com/2020/02/wilder-vs-fury-ii-prefight-analysis-and.html

Fight could go either way though. Do think the most likely specific outcome is Wilder knocking Fury out...
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:48 pm    Post subject:

kikanga wrote:
governator wrote:
kikanga wrote:

That's why I laugh when British boxing fans say this fight doesn't matter until the winner fights Joshua.

Joshua is between sole 3rd or distant 3rd along with King Kong. I’m not sure Joshua can escape Ortiz’s KO lunch for 12rd, he’d Rack up points tho
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:39 pm    Post subject:

Deontaty Wilder is stretching, taping, loosening up. Tyson Fury is sitting on his couch clowning. Watching the two I'm gonna change my prediction of Tyson wins in a UD. Wilders going to chase him down and do what he said he was going to do, knock him back to the UK>>>> Fury just covered the camera in dressing room with something. He blacked out the feed.

Laila Ali was on FirstrTake yesterday. She was a very trim 200lbs. Laila 42 said if the money was right she'd fight Clarissa Shields 24. Laila's last fight was 13 years ago. She'd have to come down in weight or Shields 165 would have to come up.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject:

in the ring now

Last edited by ContagiousInspiration on Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:13 pm    Post subject:

btw Fury would have been sent into retirement by Iron Mike.. lol
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:19 pm    Post subject:

Curious..

When breaking an opponents strike can you bat their arm away with aggression like a karate chop on their forearm?

Also could you run into a opponent and then shove them off you and slug them at the same time?
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:23 pm    Post subject:

fat boy lost points at end of 2nd round

I thought that belt said Crispy King
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Fury gonna win this..
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

illegal blow back of the head???
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

ContagiousInspiration wrote:

No chance.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:28 pm    Post subject:

wilder done ??
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:29 pm    Post subject:

Fury just looks way heavier and stronger. Punches are hitting wayyy harder.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Wilder's bird legs are wobbly
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:31 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

No chance.

Yikes.. I haven't been watching any boxing.. this guy looks way better than I imagined a 275lber.. wow
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 9:32 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:

No chance.

Yikes.. I haven't been watching any boxing.. this guy looks way better than I imagined a 275lber.. wow

It's just mind boggling that he can move like that at 275 pounds and 6'9". Just bananas.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 480, 481, 482 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 481 of 514
Jump to: