General Professional Boxing Discussion Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 470, 471, 472 ... 512, 513, 514  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 11:07 am    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
If Pac beats Thurman, expect people to continue the slander/libel about Pac taking PEDs regardless of how many times he's been tested. Meanwhile, fighters like Canelo are given a pass for eating "bad tacos" despite his trainers being a family of butchers in Mexico

Pacquiao is probably my favorite fighter of this generation but I definitely think he was on PEDs in his prime. (A lot more fighters are on PEDs than people think - there are several ways to beat those tests consistently.) I do also think Pacquiao's been off PEDs and clean for several years now (going back to even before that first loss to Tim Bradley)...

I totally agree this is something I posted on (pg 740) the last page. I think he was using when he was moving up in weight class so rapidly. Like you I think he's been clean for years.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:10 pm    Post subject:

Osei wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
If Pac beats Thurman, expect people to continue the slander/libel about Pac taking PEDs regardless of how many times he's been tested. Meanwhile, fighters like Canelo are given a pass for eating "bad tacos" despite his trainers being a family of butchers in Mexico

Pacquiao is probably my favorite fighter of this generation but I definitely think he was on PEDs in his prime. (A lot more fighters are on PEDs than people think - there are several ways to beat those tests consistently.) I do also think Pacquiao's been off PEDs and clean for several years now (going back to even before that first loss to Tim Bradley)...

Without any proof, your opinion goes into the slander/libel category. People are free to think unicorns exist, but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day without proof. What we do know is certain fighters have tested positive for banned substances (facts), so I don't give much credence to conspiracy theories or fairy tales.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:28 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
Osei wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Without any proof, your opinion goes into the slander/libel category. People are free to think unicorns exist, but it doesn't really matter at the end of the day without proof. What we do know is certain fighters have tested positive for banned substances (facts), so I don't give much credence to conspiracy theories or fairy tales.

It's just an opinion. I think also PacMan used early in his career. I base this opinion on the way he moved up in weight so quickly. An opinion is just that. I don't think it slander to have an opinion. I'm not voicing it as truth, it's a opinion not an accusation.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 12:56 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Osei wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

It's just an opinion. I think also PacMan used early in his career. I base this opinion on the way he moved up in weight so quickly. An opinion is just that. I don't think it slander to have an opinion. I'm not voicing it as truth, it's a opinion not an accusation.

Opinions and slander/libel/accusations are not mutually exclusive. Plenty of fighters moved up through several divisions in a short period of time: Floyd, Oscar, Canelo, etc. Suggesting/accusing a fighter of PED use without proof is definitely libel/slander and falls into the category of alternative facts.

Like I said earlier, you're entitled to voice whatever opinions you want, but throwing around claims without proof just makes it look like you're trying to spread misinformation. If you want to ignore the facts and propogate beliefs devoid of any substantial evidence, that's up to you.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Osei wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Opinions and slander/libel/accusations are not mutually exclusive. Plenty of fighters moved up through several divisions in a short period of time: Floyd, Oscar, Canelo, etc. Suggesting/accusing a fighter of PED use without proof is definitely libel/slander and falls into the category of alternative facts.

Like I said earlier, you're entitled to voice whatever opinions you want, but throwing around claims without proof just makes it look like you're trying to spread misinformation. If you want to ignore the facts and propogate beliefs devoid of any substantial evidence, that's up to you.

Where have I made a claim? I offered an opinion. I think Pac used early in his career. I'm not saying he DID I'm saying I think he did. He may or may not have. It's just my opinion If you think he didn't that's your opinion. I'm going to respect your opinion.

Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2019 8:59 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
jodeke wrote:
BadGuy wrote:
Osei wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

Where have I made a claim? I offered an opinion. I think Pac used early in his career. I'm not saying he DID I'm saying I think he did. He may or may not have. It's just my opinion If you think he didn't that's your opinion. I'm going to respect your opinion.

I love Pacman but I think he used also, especially climbing up in weight the way he did and obliterating the competition.
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:15 pm    Post subject:

https://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-vs-thurman-predictions-46-experts-give-their-takes--140893
doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

RIP Sweet Pea
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2019 9:11 pm    Post subject:

Manny's Drug Test Resume has to be the best in boxing. 602 negative tests and 0 positives.
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:53 am    Post subject:

Thurman is about to end the great career of Pacquiao.....

#OneTime
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:40 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
Thurman is about to end the great career of Pacquiao.....

#OneTime

I got PacMan by a hair, split decision
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 9:56 am    Post subject:

Going by Keith's recent performances I give Manny a real chance to win. Thurman doesn't seem to have the fire he use to. Unless he steps his game up Pacman may surprise him.

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:16 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Going by Keith's recent performances I give Manny a real chance to win. Thurman doesn't seem to have the fire he use to. Unless he steps his game up Pacman may surprise him.

if Thurman can't have the fire needed in this fight, then he never will. I look at this way....this is likely his one shot, he does not have much of a safety net if he loses....this is everything for a poor kid that bet on himself @ 16 years old. He just needs clean contact "one time".
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 10:48 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

if Thurman can't have the fire needed in this fight, then he never will. I look at this way....this is likely his one shot, he does not have much of a safety net if he loses....this is everything for a poor kid that bet on himself @ 16 years old. He just needs clean contact "one time".

He's not a poor kid anymore. I think that's a reason he doesn't have the old Keith Thurman fire. His net worth is 8.5 million. Fighting is a very dangerous occupation. Is he still willing to risk life and limb?

EDIT: I hope he has a reputable money manager.

Last edited by jodeke on Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
ryan_c
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:32 pm    Post subject:

Pacquiao's Tremendous Work Ethic.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/manny-pacquiao-trains-40-years-191600267.html
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:14 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

He's not a poor kid anymore. I think that's a reason he doesn't have the old Keith Thurman fire. His net worth is 8.5 million. Fighting is a very dangerous occupation. Is he still willing to risk life and limb?

I did not know his net worth was that high....would have assumed maybe a couple million at most. For the record, I do not think he is the more skilled fighter, but I am counting on his power to be too much for Manny at this late stage of his career. If Thurman was fighting Mayweather, I would not be as confident because I do not believe Mayweather would allow him to make solid contact.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2019 6:53 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I did not know his net worth was that high....would have assumed maybe a couple million at most. For the record, I do not think he is the more skilled fighter, but I am counting on his power to be too much for Manny at this late stage of his career. If Thurman was fighting Mayweather, I would not be as confident because I do not believe Mayweather would allow him to make solid contact.

Manny looked good in his last fight. He's a better boxer than he's given credit for. He's walking around on 2 tree trunks. If he sits down on his punches the old Thurman better show up.

doughboy90650
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:

Gotta give him the benefit of the doubt. Just came off from being injured.

Also went up against Josesito Lopez who’s not some scrub. Dude can crack.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 10:00 am    Post subject:

doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm pondering whether or not to buy this one. I know I'll get a fight from Manny. Don't know if it's worth $75.00, Might wait for it to air. Is this a Showtime PPV event?

adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:03 am    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I'm pondering whether or not to buy this one. I know I'll get a fight from Manny. Don't know if it's worth $75.00, Might wait for it to air. Is this a Showtime PPV event?

I think it is a FoxSports PPV
Osei
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:15 am    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
jodeke wrote:
doughboy90650 wrote:
jodeke wrote:

I think it is a FoxSports PPV

Or a bar LOL. I watch pretty much every decent boxing card but don't think I've bought a PPV since Pacquiao vs. Rios four or five years ago. Have always either attended the event in person (which has been the case for most of the Pacquiao, Mayweather, and Canelo fights in Vegas the past few years and a few of the PPVs they've had in NYC) or watch at a bar that's showing it...
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 1:07 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Osei wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

I totally agree this is something I posted on (pg 740) the last page. I think he was using when he was moving up in weight class so rapidly. Like you I think he's been clean for years.

My argument against is that, he weighed 144 in his last fight against Morales! If you go back and look, That fight was at 130. Here's a video that shows the tale of the tape (8:21 mark).

People make it out to seem like he did this rapid rise in weight, but he had to add calorie intake just to fight at 147. Last time he had to truly cut weight was when he fought David Diaz at 135. Even fighting Hatton at 140, all he had to do was train. He didn't really have to cut any extra weight.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
Ted
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 5:13 pm    Post subject:

My heart says Manny but my brain says Thurman. He hits hard, just watch the Danny Garcia fight and see the bombs both guys were throwing. It might be too much for Manny to take.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:40 pm    Post subject:

Laker_Dynasty wrote:
jodeke wrote:
Osei wrote:
BadGuy wrote:

My argument against is that, he weighed 144 in his last fight against Morales! If you go back and look, That fight was at 130. Here's a video that shows the tale of the tape (8:21 mark).

People make it out to seem like he did this rapid rise in weight, but he had to add calorie intake just to fight at 147. Last time he had to truly cut weight was when he fought David Diaz at 135. Even fighting Hatton at 140, all he had to do was train. He didn't really have to cut any extra weight.

I'm not talking now, I'm talking then. I said early in his career.

BadGuy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 7:38 am    Post subject:

Haters gonna hate while saying they love Pac or Pac is their favorite Some people chase greatness, and the greatest accomplishment of others is being a paranoid critic. Anyway, looking forward to Pac dismantling a much younger champ, who lost his heart years ago, tonight.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 470, 471, 472 ... 512, 513, 514  Next
Page 471 of 514
Jump to: