***LAKERS -at- Raptors 01/24 Game Thread***
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:37 pm    Post subject:

Please, don't mention Farmar, Brown or Bynum in the pointing fingers bunch. They were the better that play today; that's specially in the 4th.
TorontoVic
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

Well, can't say I expected this! Probably the win of the season for the Raps...

Lakers had a good gameplan attacking inside, but you could tell they played down to the Raptors. Their intensity wasn't there most of the game, Odom and Artest were especially horrible, plus our guys got hot at the end...
rpadma12
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

LakerLanny wrote:
^It doesn't change the fact that they run the offense and lead the whole game, then for some reason stop running the offense and going into Kobe isolation mode.

Kobe is great, but he needs to stick within the team concept.

like i said, if you are talking about asking for screens every time and that too from Bynum, I agree with you. it was poor strategy. But, Kobe was not selfish tonight at any point. far from it.
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

kei122 wrote:
Lakers 33-11
Cav's 34-11

Yet we're playing like crap, imagine how it would be if we're actually playing GOOD basketball.......

POOR basketball - we're equal to the Cavs

GOOD basketball - NO TEAM can beat us.

It's a loss but so what, everybody plays OUT OF THEIR MINDS when they play us. We're just going to have to be THAT MUCH BETTER to win games (which we have been hence the 33-11 record)

No big whoop.
Sleepy
Star Player
Star Player

The refs don't make a completely ridiculous, asinine, horribly wrong bail-out call for Turkeyglue with 1.2 left and who you all want to blame for this loss is a moot point.

I swear - I don't even know why I bother coming to this board. Most of you have no clue what you're talking about when you start blaming players for a loss. If I wasn't a Laker fan, I'd hate the Lakers after coming here to read all this crap.

I suggest most of you gives yourselves a moratorium from the board after a loss and come back the next morning when stupid crap isn't being typed from your fingers.

Last edited by Sleepy on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm; edited 1 time in total
night89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:38 pm    Post subject:

KobePauShannon wrote:
night89 wrote:
KobePauShannon wrote:
night89 wrote:
We lost when Pau got beat on the switch, Bynum would have not allowed Turkoglu drive past him.

Give me a break, You Bynum sniffers are too much.

Did you not see Bynum did the same to Turkoglue a couple of possessions earlier? Pau is slow as hell. That was evident when Bosh easily drove on him for a layup

Drew is one of the slowest players in the NBA. He gets beat as much as Pau does. It is just the Bynum jock sniffers can't see it or don't want to see it.
Phil left Walton in far too long to start fourth quarter and let lead slip away along with momentum. Pau has won far more games for LA since he came over then he supposedly lost.

Bosh did not beat Bynum off the dribble even once. 18 points by Bosh. If he was being defended by Pau, he would have had double that, on the same amount of shots. Just look at what Lee did to him.

Last edited by night89 on Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Mbengaposterized
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject:

It's not about other teams, Lakers are injured and our bench is not MANNING UP, puts too much pressure on players like Kobe and Artest who can't play @ 100 percent, we need to make a trade to put a spark on our bench to take the pressure off
ofwgkta
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:39 pm    Post subject:

It was pretty pathetic watching our guards trying to contain Jarrett Jack tonight. Dude was just abusing screens and getting practically anywhere he wanted on the court.
vedanta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject:

AutoShackMotorSports wrote:
kei122 wrote:
Lakers 33-11
Cav's 34-11

Yet we're playing like crap, imagine how it would be if we're actually playing GOOD basketball.......

It's a loss but so what, everybody plays OUT OF THEIR MINDS when they play us. We're just going to have to be THAT MUCH BETTER to win games (which we have been hence the 33-11 record)

No big whoop.

I agree with most of what you said. People is drawing conclusions that are based on our worst games. What we saw in the last 3 games is NOT what we are and definately NOT what we´ll be when things go back to normal
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject:

i thought it was a decent call. lots of contact. artest seemed to have jumped into him.

anyway. those who called bynum "one of the slowest feets in the nba" need to watch the game.

that boy was playing beautiful man D and help defense.

gasol late in the game --> phail by phil
vedanta
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:42 pm    Post subject:

night89 wrote:
. If Bosh he was being defended by Pau, he would have had double that, on the same amount of shots. Just look at what Lee did to him.

You know this is not the first game in which Pau faces Bosh, don´t you? You were a Laker last year, weren´t you? So you did know the way Pau tends to outplay Bosh, didn´t you...
rock0100
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:43 pm    Post subject:

night89 wrote:
KobePauShannon wrote:
night89 wrote:
KobePauShannon wrote:
night89 wrote:
We lost when Pau got beat on the switch, Bynum would have not allowed Turkoglu drive past him.

Did you not see Bynum did the same to Turkoglue a couple of possessions earlier? Pau is slow as hell. That was evident when Bosh easily drove on him for a layup

Drew is one of the slowest players in the NBA. He gets beat as much as Pau does. It is just the Bynum jock sniffers can't see it or don't want to see it.
Phil left Walton in far too long to start fourth quarter and let lead slip away along with momentum. Pau has won far more games for LA since he came over then he supposedly lost.

Bosh did not beat Bynum off the dribble even once. 18 points by Bosh. If he was being defended by Pau, he would have had double that, on the same amount of shots. Just look at what Lee did to him.

Did you even bother paying attention. Did you see what Bargnani did to Bynum.

As lame as the word is, Bynum was "OWNED" by Bargnani.

Oh wait, I suppose Gasol was guarding Bosh, Amir Johnson and Bargnani.
jmark
Star Player
Star Player

rock0100 wrote:
Kobe played excellent today. This is the type of effort he could bring every night. Lately he has settled for a ton of perimeter shots because he knows he can still win on most nights by doing so.

This game was perfect by him though. Too bad for Kobe the rest of his team played crap defense and the refs gave the Raps a cheap call at the end.
I agree. Kobe played well and deserves better from the LG fans. Nearly a triple double and people still complain. The last foul call was a joke.....Kobe nearly still pulled off the win. The shot was close. LO needs to wake up.
creativemilk
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

LakerLanny wrote:
^It doesn't change the fact that they run the offense and lead the whole game, then for some reason stop running the offense and going into Kobe isolation mode.

I agree. But this helps me vent all my anger onto Bennett Salvatore. I haven't felt safe about a Lakers' win since Christmas.
AutoShackMotorSports
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject:

vedanta wrote:
AutoShackMotorSports wrote:
kei122 wrote:
Lakers 33-11
Cav's 34-11

No big whoop.

I agree with most of what you said. People is drawing conclusions that are based on our worst games. What we saw in the last 3 games is NOT what we are and definately NOT what we´ll be when things go back to normal

Although I do think (eventually) that something DOES need to happen to spark this Laker team whether it come via trade or changing starters (just to send the team a message)

BTW would it really hurt this team if we shut down Artest for some games and put Odom in as a starter?
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

harperlewis wrote:
It was pretty pathetic watching our guards trying to contain Jarrett Jack tonight. Dude was just abusing screens and getting practically anywhere he wanted on the court.

...err, Did you mean, Fisher??
Sleepy
Star Player
Star Player

Yong wrote:
i thought it was a decent call. lots of contact. artest seemed to have jumped into him.
You've got to be joking. The replay showed that he was practically untouched and out of control for the mere point of trying to get the refs to blow a whistle. If you're satisfied with NBA games being decided by calls like that, then you and the NBA deserve each other.
night89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:45 pm    Post subject:

vedanta wrote:
night89 wrote:
. If Bosh he was being defended by Pau, he would have had double that, on the same amount of shots. Just look at what Lee did to him.

You know this is not the first game in which Pau faces Bosh, don´t you? You were a Laker last year, weren´t you? So you did know the way Pau tends to outplay Bosh, didn´t you...

Bynum defended Bosh last year. If Pau had guarded him, we would have had to help a lot more.
night89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:46 pm    Post subject:

rock0100 wrote:
night89 wrote:
KobePauShannon wrote:
night89 wrote:
KobePauShannon wrote:
night89 wrote:

Did you even bother paying attention. Did you see what Bargnani did to Bynum.

As lame as the word is, Bynum was "OWNED" by Bargnani.

Oh wait, I suppose Gasol was guarding Bosh, Amir Johnson and Bargnani.

Barnagni was driving past Gasol just the same, one in particular in an important time of the game.
KobePauShannon
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

night89 wrote:
KobePauShannon wrote:
night89 wrote:
KobePauShannon wrote:
night89 wrote:

Pau was responsible for guarding Bosh and Drew with Bargani. You don't even know what you are talking about. You don't have a clue
SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

Somewhat scary to see how this team played the last minute or 2; almost the anti-clutch. Moments like these are where championship teams step up their game, and the early playoff exit teams crumble. Unfortunately, no stops, no made shots, and tonight this team looked like the latter rather than the former. If it was just today, I'd shrug it off as an unlucky night, but lack of execution down the stretch also killed them against the Cavs just a couple days ago as well.

Sure it's just 2 regular season games in January, but these are some bad habits to pick up for a team expected to win a Championship.
2The4th
Star Player
Star Player

Honestly,,,whose fault is this?

I saw the game and look over stat sheet,,, I couldn't find a single fault.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:47 pm    Post subject:

rpadma12 wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

like i said, if you are talking about asking for screens every time and that too from Bynum, I agree with you. it was poor strategy. But, Kobe was not selfish tonight at any point. far from it.

I always wonder if Phil is calling those plays (if you can call them plays) or if Kobe is just doing it on his own.

Either way, it is stale and predictable and ineffective. One of the reasons why they continue to blow late leads and need heroics to bail them out.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject:

Sleepy wrote:
Yong wrote:
You've got to be joking. The replay showed that he was practically untouched and out of control for the mere point of trying to get the refs to blow a whistle. If you're satisfied with NBA games being decided by calls like that, then you and the NBA deserve each other.

i didn't watch the replay

i was so furious that i switched off immediately.

oh well, we gotta face such calls sooner or later.
lesson is, don't even end up in such a situation.

many referees would give that kinda call.
night89
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 5:48 pm    Post subject:

KobePauShannon wrote:
night89 wrote:
KobePauShannon wrote:
night89 wrote:
KobePauShannon wrote:
night89 wrote:

Pau was responsible for guarding Bosh and Drew with Bargani. You don't even know what you are talking about. You don't have a clue

LMAO. If you think Pau was defending Bosh today, then I've already won the argument.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 54, 55, 56  Next
Page 55 of 56
Jump to: