🏈NFL 2023 DISCUSSION THREAD🏈
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 334, 335, 336  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hard_Butter
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:19 pm    Post subject:

Man....what can you say....TB is just a winner. GOAT.

Kiss my Converse.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:21 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:22 pm    Post subject:

Besides the last GB series, they actually had two chances prior that they whiffed, both 3 and outs.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Lafleur la-effed up. He should have gone for it in 4 down territory. Aaron will be in GB next season. Will LaFleur? SAS is going to have a ball tomorrow with his name.

His job is safe, but problem is Packers haven't taken advantage 2 years in a row that they've made it into the NFC championship game.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:23 pm    Post subject:

EchoZulu wrote:

Somewhere Belichick is saying Oh ish. I really messed this one up.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject:

I'm just glad GB went for the FG on 4th and goal at the 8, with just 2:09 to play. That was stupid.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:25 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:

Pats screwed up by not surrounding him with anything the final year.
leor_77
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:29 pm    Post subject:

I have to believe Bucs want Bills. They'll have a better chance vs an inexperienced team.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:31 pm    Post subject:

They will be talking about LaFleur's gutlessness and horrific time management in Green Bay for a long time. Just look at how both halves ended. Green Bay gets a first down with under 2 minutes to go late in the first half. They let the clock run way down, drastically lowering their odds of scoring a TD, and even a FG. Then after the sack, you then try to hurry up and force one down the field, it gets picked off, and then you allow the inexplicable long TD with 8 seconds left. At worst, that's a 10-point swing in the game.

OK, now you go to the final 4:30 or so of the game. You're down 8, so it's similar to a basketball game where you have the ball with under 24 seconds left and you're down. You don't want to shoot with, say, under 5 seconds left, because you want to give yourself another chance if you miss the shot. There were 3 different plays where the Packers gained good yardage, and showed no interest in hurrying whatsoever. They just ran their normal offense. All 3 times they let the play clock run to under 10 seconds. To be clear, there is no justification for that, not when you are down more than 3 points.

And then the absolute worst decision of all, they kicked a FG from the 8-yard-line on 4th down with barely over 2 minutes left in the game. You can't assume you'll ever be in scoring position like that again, and that's not even close to a 50/50 decision. That has to be a 100% go for it call. Instead, LaFleur was gambling on the following to happen: make the kick, get a 3-and-out (essentially), get the ball back, score a TD with about 1:30-1:40 left and no timeouts. You think the odds of all that occurring are better than making 8 yards? And even if you fail on 4th down, you still need the 3-and-out (essentially) anyway and if you get it, you'll still have another chance with the ball. Without even seeing the win probability odds, I'm certain that kicking the FG drastically, drastically lowered their chances of winning the game.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:34 pm    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:
jodeke wrote:
EchoZulu wrote:

Pats screwed up by not surrounding him with anything the final year.

Belichick has a history of forcing Brady into using mediocre receivers, things turned around in New England when they drafted Gronk in the 2nd, and converted Edelman from special teams and reserve CB to WR.

That last year in New England was painful, and I think it was planned. The Patriots were trying to become a running team, figuring that it was time to transition from Brady. They drafted a larger WR (N'Keal Harry) for both blocking and receiving, and he turned out to be a bust. Sony Michell was continuously injured. Gronk retired and was replaced by a blocking TE who cannot get open. The rest of the receiving corps was either too old/injured (Edelman), or down right awful. I watched every game last season, and those slugs couldn't get open to save their lives. Brady knew that coming into his last year, and yet Belichick wouldn't give him the two year contract (at a below market rate) that Brady demanded.

Belichick is a brilliant coach, but his ego and limitations as a GM has caused New England to deteriorate.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:35 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu, you're wrong. I thought it was a brilliant decision by LaFleur to go for that FG.

But I might be a bit biased.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Kicking the FG was the culmination of how aggressive the Packers were this game. Tampa Bay wasn't going to give the ball back after that.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Time for Tampa Bay to heal up. They'll need their two safeties healthy.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
ChickenStu, you're wrong. I thought it was a brilliant decision by LaFleur to go for that FG.

Twitter is just ROASTING LaFleur right now. Honestly, and I say this without bias as a fan of neither team, it feels like the better team didn't win and that the Green Bay coaching staff got destroyed. For all the complaining about the Tampa Bay coaching staff this year (for logical reasons), they severely outcoached the Packers today.

Shaq Barrett just said in a post-game interview "thank you" to the Packers for kicking the 4th down field goal, and that he was surprised and noted that you aren't likely to get back down there again. LOL.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:42 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:

I realize Rodgers is a wonderful QB, and that he was hobbled by having the likes of Mike McCarthy, but with the wealth of talent on that talent should have taken him to more than just one Super Bowl. Rodgers has an incredible arm and is the best bucket-thrower in the history of the game when it comes to placement, but I think some of the accolades are the result of the long scrambles and brilliant throws which mask the flaws. He can be inconsistent in the pocket, especially in some of the biggest games. And of course, every playoff game is by definition a big game.

I know this wasn't a popular comment a couple of weeks back, but I stand by it.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:44 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

Twitter is just ROASTING LaFleur right now. Honestly, and I say this without bias as a fan of neither team, it feels like the better team didn't win and that the Green Bay coaching staff got destroyed. For all the complaining about the Tampa Bay coaching staff this year (for logical reasons), they severely outcoached the Packers today.

Shaq Barrett just said in a post-game interview "thank you" to the Packers for kicking the 4th down field goal, and that he was surprised and noted that you aren't likely to get back down there again. LOL.

I agree, as much as a don't trust Arians, Leftwich and Bowles, they collectively out-coached LeFleur and his staff. That was some gutless football by GB.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:45 pm    Post subject:

angrypuppy wrote:
angrypuppy wrote:

I realize Rodgers is a wonderful QB, and that he was hobbled by having the likes of Mike McCarthy, but with the wealth of talent on that talent should have taken him to more than just one Super Bowl. Rodgers has an incredible arm and is the best bucket-thrower in the history of the game when it comes to placement, but I think some of the accolades are the result of the long scrambles and brilliant throws which mask the flaws. He can be inconsistent in the pocket, especially in some of the biggest games. And of course, every playoff game is by definition a big game.

I know this wasn't a popular comment a couple of weeks back, but I stand by it.

He hasn't been great in NFC title games. It's fair to point out that a couple of them were against Seattle's Legion of Boom defense, but he wasn't at his best today for sure. Still, I think they should have won if not for incomprehensibly bad coaching.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 3:49 pm    Post subject:

Switching gears, the AFC title game is underway. Buffalo got a 51-yard FG on the opening drive.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Wow!!!!!
Bills score on a muffed punt.
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:01 pm    Post subject:

Turns out it wasn't a score, but what a disaster for the Chiefs.
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:05 pm    Post subject:

I would love to watch, but I'm off teaching calculus to my son. Fun.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

Just seeing the top seeds make uncharacteristic plays. Again, can't account for that with analysis. Tyreek Hill is one of the most sure-handed receivers in NFL history, and drops a perfect pass that would've been a long gain. Then a muffed punt near the goal line.

KC has been living dangerously since Week 8. Maybe the bubble bursts a game earlier for them than I thought it would. Still a long way to go in this one, though.
Basketball Fan
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:06 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
Brady going to the SB. Belichick didn't make the playoffs. Tom wins who's better without who.

Brady has to win an SB which is very likely at this point then I would say he got the better end of the deal until then...

Regardless this is another SB to skip.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:18 pm    Post subject:

This guy has covered Rodgers for his entire career...

Jason Wilde
@jasonjwilde
Aaron Rodgers sure sounded like a guy saying goodbye.
4:08 PM · Jan 24, 2021·TweetDeck
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 4:19 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
This guy has covered Rodgers for his entire career...

Jason Wilde
@jasonjwilde
Aaron Rodgers sure sounded like a guy saying goodbye.
4:08 PM · Jan 24, 2021·TweetDeck

Its a gut punch losing in the NFC championship 2 years in a row. I'm guessing the Packers drafting his replacement last year doesn't do much for his job security either.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Off Topic All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 37, 38, 39 ... 334, 335, 336  Next
Page 38 of 336
Jump to: