NEW GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2625, 2626, 2627 ... 2663, 2664, 2665  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:38 am    Post subject:

pretty sure DLo LOVES being a Laker in tinsel town. ham being fired without a replacement waiting in the wings shows DLo has some influence within the front office. obviously along with LBJ and AD.

we need a decent (not amazing) center that can bang with joker. and as much as i love AR... he's probably best used in a ginobili role. we need a legit "kobe light" slasher/killer at the wing.

Halflife wrote:
defense wrote:
2019 wrote:
defense wrote:
I think Dlo walks out of spite but we will see

Ham is gone, his teammates have always supported him, and opting/signing back, or working a S&T, allows him to maintain his bird rights.

Why cut off your nose to spite your face?

Maybe I'm making something of nothing, but Lebron and him don't seem to see eye to eye. I'm pretty sure he can get around 17 million from another team somewhere or at least a long term contract.

I say 13m per for multiple years
kikanga
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:42 am    Post subject:

ArminNBA wrote:

DFS shot 38%, 39%, and 40% over his last three seasons in Dallas. I can see him getting back to those numbers with all the space DM/LeBron/AD will generate for him behind the arc.

Yes, this team’s strength will be the paint assault, but DM and LeBron are also good 3pt shooters, and the Lakers can always start Christie at the 2 and move DFS to the 3 (and bring Vando off the bench).

Mitchell
Christie
DFS
LeBron
AD

This lineup has paint assault, 3pt shooting, defense, rebounding, etc.

I think that lineup is much better in terms of floor spacing. We are relying heavily on Christie to take a step (or two or 3) from a non-rotation player on a play-in team to a starter on a championship team.

But to be honest. Most ideas that involve us competing for a chip in the next year or 2, do the same thing.
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 11:48 am    Post subject:

oaktown_dimond wrote:
pretty sure DLo LOVES being a Laker in tinsel town. ham being fired without a replacement waiting in the wings shows DLo has some influence within the front office. obviously along with LBJ and AD.

we need a decent (not amazing) center that can bang with joker. and as much as i love AR... he's probably best used in a ginobili role. we need a legit "kobe light" slasher/killer at the wing.

Halflife wrote:
defense wrote:
2019 wrote:
defense wrote:
I think Dlo walks out of spite but we will see

Ham is gone, his teammates have always supported him, and opting/signing back, or working a S&T, allows him to maintain his bird rights.

Why cut off your nose to spite your face?

Maybe I'm making something of nothing, but Lebron and him don't seem to see eye to eye. I'm pretty sure he can get around 17 million from another team somewhere or at least a long term contract.

I say 13m per for multiple years

If that's all he can get we should pay him a bit more and keep him
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 12:19 pm    Post subject:

Denny_Russo wrote:
manlisten wrote:
defense wrote:
So we get MItchell for Reaves, Rui and scraps?

Are you aware of what Cleveland traded for him?

A very good haul...

Quote:

Collin Sexton
Lauri Markkanen
Ochai Agbaji
2025 first-round pick
2026 pick swap
2027 first-round pick
2028 pick swap
2029 first-round pick

It's downright comical to sell them on guys like JHS and Rui. Any discussion on Mitchell would have to begin with AR and then they'd have to attach every FRP available in the next 5 years.

Lauri was averaging 15 and 6 when he was traded. Sexton was at 16 and 2 and just missed 71 games. Ochai is a nobody. How is the Lakers offer comical when it's equivalent to what Mitchell was actually traded for.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 12:57 pm    Post subject:

levon wrote:
Cam Johnson for DLo?

I would do it, it’s much more enticing then DFS and Clowney
dcarter4kobe
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 1:06 pm    Post subject:

I think we are overthinking it re Mitchell.

If we trade Reaves/Rui+ for Mitchell, resigning DLo should be a GIVEN. It would be inexcusable to let DLo walk (and the typical terrible asset management by LA). I don't see a sign and trade being likely since we would be hard capped and not much wiggle room to fill out a roster beyond LeBron/Ad/Mitchell/Vando/Vincent/Wood/JHS.

Best bet would be to operate as an over the apron team. Resign DLo. Resign Christie. Resign Prince. Basically run it back but with Mitchell/Vando instead of Reaves/Rui. Get faster, more energy out there. Also of course target better bigs off the bench to go with Wood. Options are out there. I keep mentioning Goga, Plumlee, Eubanks, Theis. Bona in the 2nd round.

I believe it's a weak free agency class at the top, but will be a lot of solid situational guys available like Covington, Delon Wright, GP2, Kris Dunn, Alec Burks etc

A starting 5 of

AD
LeBron
Vando
Mitchell
DLO

would be on par with Boston/Denver IMO as best starting 5's in the league. I believe some staggering would have to happen to have Vincent or Christie play some with starters and DLo lead the 2nd unit.

A 2nd unit of Wood/DLo optimized could be special. Throw in Prince and Vincent/Christie and it should be a solid 2nd unit also. Not lacking in depth like most teams are with a big 3.

The elephant in the room would be would LeBron be ok playing off ball more? Even if it was the for betterment of the team and allows him to use more energy on D? Say what you want, it's obvious LeBron cares about his running stats. Cant have Mitchell standing in the corner similar to Westbrook.

AD/Goga/Theis
LeBron/Wood
Vando/Prince/Covington
Mitchell/Christie
DLO/Vincent/Delon Wright
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 1:49 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Halflife wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dan Woike linking Brandon Ingram and Zach LaVine to the Lakers as potential trade targets this summer

lol. horrible.

Yeah those names aren’t gonna excite the fan base but maybe they come here and prove the fans wrong, he also linked Trae Young to the Lakers and that seems like the likely big move we make this summer

who cares about exciting the fan base. lou dort wouldnt move the needle for most but he would be great for example. we need tough defensive 2 way bodies that are coachable and can deal with a toxic enviropnment for the next 2 years.
Not saying lou is available, just saying name recognition doesnt need to be elite.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 2:19 pm    Post subject:

I would say Knicks no longer have a need for Mitchell, specially with the way Brunson is playing. Also after the OG trade who is due to an extension soon.

Knicks have to offer Randle/Robinson/Bogdan?

No way they break apart the Villanova guys.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 2:26 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:
I would say Knicks no longer have a need for Mitchell, specially with the way Brunson is playing. Also after the OG trade who is due to an extension soon.

Not sure if you were talking about all 3 being necessary or if you meant Randle OR the other 2, but yeah, from a salary-matching perspective, just Randle works, OR both Robinson and Bogs. However, Robinson wouldn't seem to be of interest to the Cavs because they likely are trying to trade Allen in order to free up the center spot for Mobley.
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 2:31 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

Not sure if you were talking about all 3 being necessary or if you meant Randle OR the other 2, but yeah, from a salary-matching perspective, just Randle works, OR both Robinson and Bogs. However, Robinson wouldn't seem to be of interest to the Cavs because they likely are trying to trade Allen in order to free up the center spot for Mobley.

Knicks going after Mitchell will also leave them with a very small back court... I mean they are already small with Brunson/Hart/Divicenzo.

Knicks have a better use and fit with Robinson/Bogdan and makes them deeper.

Is Randle enough? Does Cavs even want a black hole offense like him?
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 2:40 pm    Post subject:

Come on bro, be right, because this is my agenda right now LOL...

NBA Insider
@nbainsidergoat
‼️Update: (1/3)

Don’t look into Mitchell ‘being happy’ in Cleveland too much. He knows he will never win anything if he remains, at the end of the day he wants to be dealt and should the correct offer suffice, CLE will pull the trigger.
3:29 PM · May 17, 2024
·
Views

NBA Insider
@nbainsidergoat
·
3m
‼️Update: (2/3)

- All the rumours circulating that Garland, Allen could be on the trade block are true. ✅

- Orlando are the team that has jumped out and expressed interest in Garland.

- It’s all dependant on Mitchell’s ‘decision,’ dominoes will fall soon after in CLE.

NBA Insider
@nbainsidergoat
‼️Update: (3/3)

- I know you won’t believe me because ‘Brian Windhorst’ said otherwise but the Donovan Mitchell -> Brooklyn Nets rumours are NOT TRUE at this point in time. Updates to follow.
·
Views
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 2:43 pm    Post subject:

^^^ Bron is cashing in on that favor Gilbert owes him
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 2:45 pm    Post subject:

miggz23 wrote:

I genuinely think this could be possible. Call me crazy!
urbanturban
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 2:56 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

NBA Insider
@nbainsidergoat

Don’t look into Mitchell ‘being happy’ in Cleveland too much. He knows he will never win anything if he remains, at the end of the day he wants to be dealt and should the correct offer suffice, CLE will pull the trigger.
·
Views

NBA Insider
@nbainsidergoat
·
3m

- All the rumours circulating that Garland, Allen could be on the trade block are true. ✅

- It’s all dependant on Mitchell’s ‘decision,’ dominoes will fall soon after in CLE.

NBA Insider
@nbainsidergoat

- I know you won’t believe me because ‘Brian Windhorst’ said otherwise but the Donovan Mitchell -> Brooklyn Nets rumours are NOT TRUE at this point in time. Updates to follow.
·
Views

Allen likely comes back with wherever Mitchell goes....
lakersfan32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 3:10 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

NBA Insider
@nbainsidergoat

·
Views

NBA Insider
@nbainsidergoat
·
3m

NBA Insider
@nbainsidergoat

·
Views

NBA Insider
@nbainsidergoat

Don’t ask me for sources - I am the source!

Media & News Company Joined October 2019

7 Following 6,969 Followers

sources: trust me, bro!
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 3:29 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:

NBA Insider
@nbainsidergoat

·
Views

NBA Insider
@nbainsidergoat
·
3m

NBA Insider
@nbainsidergoat

·
Views

The true definition of let’s report stuff and hope it sticks on the wall
Japago
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 3:29 pm    Post subject:

Mitchell is my top choice, and I'm sure is the Lakers' top choice is well.

But, I'm kinda bracing myself for the Lakers going after Trae.

It feels like he'll be available with less competition for him. Shams is the only guy that reported that the Spurs will look into him. Others have reported the opposite. I do believe in the theory that Shams is the Klutch guy, so I think his reporting is based on what Klutch wanted out there. Trae just left Klutch, but all that reporting was probably based on information they wanted out there before he decided to leave.

He's definitely a lesser option. He's not as efficient, he's not a defender, and he's more expensive.

But, it shouldn't be overlooked what Trae has been able to do with the Hawks. 3 playoff appearances and a trip to the ECF as the only all-star on his team is very impressive. They even took 2 games from the Bucks in that ECF trip, who won the championship that year.

I personally would pivot to a smaller upgrade like DeJounte Murray, which should enable the Lakers to better round out the roster with his lesser salary and more assets left over.

But, it just feels like it's in the Lakers' nature to go after a big prize. I think part of it is eventually pairing AD with someone else post-LeBron.

I'd still prefer him to keeping the same core together though. The Lakers have a hard ceiling with DLo/AR/Rui. Some people here are squinting way too hard to try to convince people otherwise.

The season is 82 games plus playoffs. I don't care if they can look good for a small part of the season. You can't just extrapolate their potential that way, the season has it's ups and downs for every team.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 3:36 pm    Post subject:

Japago wrote:

It feels like he'll be available with less competition for him. Shams is the only guy that reported that the Spurs will look into him. Others have reported the opposite. I do believe in the theory that Shams is the Klutch guy, so I think his reporting is based on what Klutch wanted out there. Trae just left Klutch, but all that reporting was probably based on information they wanted out there before he decided to leave.

He's definitely a lesser option. He's not as efficient, he's not a defender, and he's more expensive.

But, it shouldn't be overlooked what Trae has been able to do with the Hawks. 3 playoff appearances and a trip to the ECF as the only all-star on his team is very impressive. They even took 2 games from the Bucks in that ECF trip, who won the championship that year.

I personally would pivot to a smaller upgrade like DeJounte Murray, which should enable the Lakers to better round out the roster with his lesser salary and more assets left over.

But, it just feels like it's in the Lakers' nature to go after a big prize. I think part of it is eventually pairing AD with someone else post-LeBron.

I'd still prefer him to keeping the same core together though. The Lakers have a hard ceiling with DLo/AR/Rui. Some people here are squinting way too hard to try to convince people otherwise.

The season is 82 games plus playoffs. I don't care if they can look good for a small part of the season. You can't just extrapolate their potential that way, the season has it's ups and downs for every team.

Trae Young as your 3rd option is amazing people just complain about his lack of defense and other issues but he is fun to watch when his offense is scorching, plus on top of that he gives you assists and hopefully his efficiency Improves with not having to carry the heavy load every night
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 4:21 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Japago wrote:

Trae Young as your 3rd option is amazing people just complain about his lack of defense and other issues but he is fun to watch when his offense is scorching, plus on top of that he gives you assists and hopefully his efficiency Improves with not having to carry the heavy load every night

You know who else was a "scorching" offensive player? Chris Bosh
You know why Bosh was such a great third option on the Heat? Because he could play defense ALL THE TIME on days he either doesnt have it going on offense or doesnt get the shots.

Third options who only score and relying on said third option to have "better" efficiency with less responsibility is a hit or miss proposition that is no way to build a winning club. Whenever Young doesnt have it going as the third option and looks especially bad because of it, you will be the first one back on the trade Trae Young train without realizing he was set up to fail.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 4:40 pm    Post subject:

dcarter4kobe wrote:
I think we are overthinking it re Mitchell.

If we trade Reaves/Rui+ for Mitchell, resigning DLo should be a GIVEN. It would be inexcusable to let DLo walk (and the typical terrible asset management by LA). I don't see a sign and trade being likely since we would be hard capped and not much wiggle room to fill out a roster beyond LeBron/Ad/Mitchell/Vando/Vincent/Wood/JHS.

Best bet would be to operate as an over the apron team. Resign DLo. Resign Christie. Resign Prince. Basically run it back but with Mitchell/Vando instead of Reaves/Rui. Get faster, more energy out there. Also of course target better bigs off the bench to go with Wood. Options are out there. I keep mentioning Goga, Plumlee, Eubanks, Theis. Bona in the 2nd round.

I believe it's a weak free agency class at the top, but will be a lot of solid situational guys available like Covington, Delon Wright, GP2, Kris Dunn, Alec Burks etc

A starting 5 of

AD
LeBron
Vando
Mitchell
DLO

would be on par with Boston/Denver IMO as best starting 5's in the league. I believe some staggering would have to happen to have Vincent or Christie play some with starters and DLo lead the 2nd unit.

A 2nd unit of Wood/DLo optimized could be special. Throw in Prince and Vincent/Christie and it should be a solid 2nd unit also. Not lacking in depth like most teams are with a big 3.

The elephant in the room would be would LeBron be ok playing off ball more? Even if it was the for betterment of the team and allows him to use more energy on D? Say what you want, it's obvious LeBron cares about his running stats. Cant have Mitchell standing in the corner similar to Westbrook.

AD/Goga/Theis
LeBron/Wood
Vando/Prince/Covington
Mitchell/Christie
DLO/Vincent/Delon Wright

Question: would you accept AR, Rui, and 2frps for Mitchell?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 4:43 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
miggz23 wrote:

I genuinely think this could be possible. Call me crazy!

Gilbert has dementia and is no longer in charge.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 4:51 pm    Post subject:

Cleveland won’t trade Darius Garland and Jarrett Allen to Orlando. Same conference. They literally played each other in the first round. New Orleans is the better trade partner. Different conference. New Orleans also has a better trade package. Brandon Ingram (New Orleans) vs Jonathan Isaac (Orlando).

We know nothing about Donovan Mitchell. He may be another Damian Lillard that just wants the supermax paycheck.
Megaton
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 4:53 pm    Post subject:

Garland and Jarrett Allen would be HUGE gets for this team. I'll take those two in a heartbeat next to Lebron and AD.
- sign and trade DLO to not lose value
- sign a coach that’s not an idiot

Call it an offseason
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:
Garland and Jarrett Allen would be HUGE gets for this team. I'll take those two in a heartbeat next to Lebron and AD.

yes. garland was an all star pre Spida IIRC. True PG. Allen certainly helps defensively.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 5:01 pm    Post subject:

Megaton wrote:

Put the pipe down, it’s gonna take LeBron to get both of them
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2625, 2626, 2627 ... 2663, 2664, 2665  Next
Page 2626 of 2665
Jump to: