The LEBRON JAMES Thread
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2100, 2101, 2102 ... 2105, 2106, 2107  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 8:41 pm    Post subject:

Dominic1981 wrote:
Quote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Dominic1981 wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:
uh oh, he's going back to the cavs, lol

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40141128/lakers-lebron-james-back-cleveland-celtics-cavaliers-game-4

LeBron attends Celtics-Cavs Game 4 in Cleveland

Let the Cavs draft Bronny and Lebron can finish his career where it started. Makes the most sense for all involved.

He never said he hoped Bronny gets drafted by the Lakers so you might be on to something

I also think it makes sense for Lebron. Sports icons should finish their careers where it all started. It always pissed me off that Tom Brady finished his career as a Buc. Lebron is from Cleveland, he should finish his career there. They are also the type of franchise that could handle a side show with Bronny because a small market needs to see tickets.

Lakers don’t need Lebron to sell tickets. They never have

He should sign with the Cavs for the minimum. As is, they are a top eight team in the league. With an all star level player for free, they could win the championship.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
daytripper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Lebron isn't signing for anything less than he believes he's worth.

With that said I wouldn't be surprised if it's his way of sending a message to the Lakers. Strangely enough I really don't know any Laker fans that would be all that upset if he moved on. Jeanie seems to be the one desperate to keep the Lakers tied to his retirement tour.

FWIW apparently he and Savannah were back in Ohio for mother's day. They still own a home there.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2024 9:45 pm    Post subject:

LeBron going to the finals and having a chance to win a title in the EC will be a easier road for him instead of going through the blood bath of the WC
ocho
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 5:34 am    Post subject:

lakersfan32 wrote:

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40141128/lakers-lebron-james-back-cleveland-celtics-cavaliers-game-4

I think he enjoys the attention from this more than anything but if he helps us jumpstart the rebuild that is looming anyway it wouldn’t be the end of the world.
vasashi17+
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 7:22 am    Post subject:

Interesting stuff brought up by Shams on McAfee….

-Emphasized 2 yr deal (‘24/25 & ‘25/26 seasons)
-that would make it a 23 year career
-final year as a Laker would be in 2026, which has All-Star weekend hosted in LA that year

Seeing how Bryce would he eligible for the ‘26 draft, I’m thinking he eventually signs a 2+1 (player option in final year) after he opts out….and since it would be a new deal, he is allowed to place a no-trade clause within it, unlike if he opts in and waits to extend with us in August.

Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:50 am    Post subject:

vasashi17+ wrote:
Interesting stuff brought up by Shams on McAfee….

-Emphasized 2 yr deal (‘24/25 & ‘25/26 seasons)
-that would make it a 23 year career
-final year as a Laker would be in 2026, which has All-Star weekend hosted in LA that year

Seeing how Bryce would he eligible for the ‘26 draft, I’m thinking he eventually signs a 2+1 (player option in final year) after he opts out….and since it would be a new deal, he is allowed to place a no-trade clause within it, unlike if he opts in and waits to extend with us in August.

Get Jeanie the F outta basketball making decisions...
SGV-Laker fan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 8:58 am    Post subject:

Jeannie has always liked old guys, even her players.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 9:38 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
LeBron going to the finals and having a chance to win a title in the EC will be a easier road for him instead of going through the blood bath of the WC

I don’t think it matters that much anymore to him. He’s not good enough to win another title as the main guy. So what would possibly winning another title as Robin do for his legacy? Not much….

He knows this, that’s why he’s taking all the money he can get and staying in LA. I’m sure he’d love to win another one, but going mercenary once again at the end of his career is more trouble than it’s worth.
Hanging from Rafters
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 1:13 pm    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I don’t think it matters that much anymore to him. He’s not good enough to win another title as the main guy. So what would possibly winning another title as Robin do for his legacy? Not much….

He knows this, that’s why he’s taking all the money he can get and staying in LA. I’m sure he’d love to win another one, but going mercenary once again at the end of his career is more trouble than it’s worth.

I don’t think Lebron is good enough to overcome deficiencies on the team with a Herculean effort like before…switching to PG and leading the league in assists…but his play looks like it can in fact lead a team to a ship. Denial of that is just irrational frustration imo or possibly hate, or maybe even lack of sound reasonable ability based on basic observations.

My new Laker fantasy is:

Capella/Drummond
AD
LBJ/Vando
Murray/Caruso
Dlo

Dinwiddie/MaxC/CamRed/TPrince/Wood/Hayes

It’s reasonably doable and looks to position the Lakers to compete for a ship. It may take effort, creativity, negotiating ability, analysis, and perhaps maybe even some luck by the GM, but it doesn’t take a genius imagination from the fans…unless blocked by denial or some other emotion…to conceive the Lakers with Lebron’s play as a ship contender.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 1:52 pm    Post subject:

Hanging from Rafters wrote:
Brawn13 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

I don’t think Lebron is good enough to overcome deficiencies on the team with a Herculean effort like before…switching to PG and leading the league in assists…but his play looks like it can in fact lead a team to a ship. Denial of that is just irrational frustration imo or possibly hate, or maybe even lack of sound reasonable ability based on basic observations.

My new Laker fantasy is:

Capella/Drummond
AD
LBJ/Vando
Murray/Caruso
Dlo

Dinwiddie/MaxC/CamRed/TPrince/Wood/Hayes

It’s reasonably doable and looks to position the Lakers to compete for a ship. It may take effort, creativity, negotiating ability, analysis, and perhaps maybe even some luck by the GM, but it doesn’t take a genius imagination from the fans…unless blocked by denial or some other emotion…to conceive the Lakers with Lebron’s play as a ship contender.

I didn’t say Lebron isn’t good. When it matters he’s still at top 10 player, along with AD…the issue is the top 5 players in the NBA having even better supporting casts than ours.

We either get a top 5 player (not happening) or somehow surround Lebron/ad with the best supporting cast (also not likely)

Based on those factors…along with Bron pushing 40…Hes not good enough to lead our current team to a title. We can improve the team somewhat, but I don’t think there’s any path to making upgrades that put us in title contention IMO.

We are so far away from an overall talent/coaching standpoint….that I feel we could swap Lebron out for any top 5 player (besides maybe Jokic) and even then it still wouldn’t be likely we win a title.
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 3:42 pm    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
lakersfan32 wrote:

I think he enjoys the attention from this more than anything but if he helps us jumpstart the rebuild that is looming anyway it wouldn’t be the end of the world.

He was in Ohio for charity events for his school. Much ado about nothing.
dont_be_a_wuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 4:23 pm    Post subject:

SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Her current fiance (husband?) is nearly 10 years younger than she is.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 4:27 pm    Post subject:

dont_be_a_wuss wrote:
SGV-Laker fan wrote:

Her current fiance (husband?) is nearly 10 years younger than she is.

True but he looks 100 years older.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 7:45 am    Post subject:

Kyrie Irving has an opportunity to defeat the Celtics in the finals.

Kevin Love got to the Finals with Miami.
Kyrie Irving has that opportunity with Dallas.
LakerLanny
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 7:47 am    Post subject:

I think the Lakers are afraid of going back into the lottery abyss if they don't resign LeBron, that was a long 5 years or so watching the team stink.

They aren't a championship contender now, but a total rebuild while probably the best route of action in the long term isn't something I sense our ownership has any stomach for.
Sojo
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:01 am    Post subject:

LakerLanny wrote:
I think the Lakers are afraid of going back into the lottery abyss if they don't resign LeBron, that was a long 5 years or so watching the team stink.

They aren't a championship contender now, but a total rebuild while probably the best route of action in the long term isn't something I sense our ownership has any stomach for.

If management is afraid of rebuild, then they don't deserve to be management of this team. Get a gameplan and build on it every year. You still have AD so it isn't a total crapshoot. Draft well, set sights on FAs who are either going to compliment the team as a whole or are absolute game changers. It's not rocket science. Have a good numbers guy to sus out the FA market and Cap (incredibly, we've seen some here have that very ability) and study how teams have been created for chips going back 30 years (and as the trends changed). AMAZING.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:25 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:

KAT has an opportunity to win a ring before Jimmy Butler. Wiggins already got his lol
CandyCanes
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: Santa Clarita, CA (Hell) ->>>>>Ithaca, NY -≥≥≥≥≥Berkeley, CA

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:31 am    Post subject:

Brawn13 wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:

KAT has an opportunity to win a ring before Jimmy Butler. Wiggins already got his lol

The story was Towns was a bad teammate who couldn’t make it work with Jimmy, who then went on to flourish in Miami.

Now Butler was a first round exit who lost two finals previously and Towns could be Finals MVP.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:46 am    Post subject:

KAT winning Finals MVP would be *chefs kiss*
kfkilla
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 11:58 am    Post subject:

Sojo wrote:
LakerLanny wrote:

If management is afraid of rebuild, then they don't deserve to be management of this team. Get a gameplan and build on it every year. You still have AD so it isn't a total crapshoot. Draft well, set sights on FAs who are either going to compliment the team as a whole or are absolute game changers. It's not rocket science. Have a good numbers guy to sus out the FA market and Cap (incredibly, we've seen some here have that very ability) and study how teams have been created for chips going back 30 years (and as the trends changed). AMAZING.

Great post but owners don’t fire themselves. Just ask the Clipper fans how it went under Donald.
LakerJedi
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2024 7:54 pm    Post subject:

I'd trade Lebron for Kobe's rotting corpse.
Brawn13
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:44 am    Post subject:

LakerJedi wrote:
I'd trade Lebron for Kobe's rotting corpse.

Yikes
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue May 21, 2024 10:56 am    Post subject:

tox wrote:

If the T'Wolves win the Finals it's likely Ant that gets Finals MVP. Towns would need to come up big as the 2nd option though.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 3:06 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
tox wrote:

If the T'Wolves win the Finals it's likely Ant that gets Finals MVP. Towns would need to come up big as the 2nd option though.

For sure, but it's not implausible Towns would win Finals MVP. It'd just be funny since people always have dumb narratives like "so and so is soft" or "so and so is an empty stats player"
coldzim
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed May 22, 2024 4:22 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
2023-24 All-NBA:

3rd: Devin Booker, Stephen Curry, Tyrese Haliburton, LeBron James, Domantas Sabonis

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 2100, 2101, 2102 ... 2105, 2106, 2107  Next
Page 2101 of 2107
Jump to: