Kawhi Leonard Now the Most Hated Player by Laker Fans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is KL now most hated player in the league?
yes
68%
 68%  [ 133 ]
no
31%
 31%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 195

Daphanabe
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:55 am    Post subject:

Match made in hell with him and PG. I give it a couple of months before they start stabbing each other in the back. Two snakes in a pit, something’s definitely going wrong there eventually.
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:10 am    Post subject:

Daphanabe wrote:
Match made in hell with him and PG. I give it a couple of months before they start stabbing each other in the back. Two snakes in a pit, something’s definitely going wrong there eventually.

I agree.

1) he will get humiliated/hated in/by the public for his sabotage.
2) his brand/image will suffer.
3) he will have injury issues.
4) he will have issues playing with PG.
5) he fails to win anything with the clippers.
7) Lakers win the nba title.

Can't ask for more than this. I hate both of them and they deserve all the bad crap that comes their way.

Last edited by JJLakers on Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:22 am; edited 4 times in total
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:15 am    Post subject:

MF both of them. They are gonna get venom in and around LA and they should get used to the continuous questions about how they merked the Lakers. I can see them and their supporters being whiney about the accusation. I'm glad to know they're not gonna just walk away from this without at least some irritation. They're NEVER going to get the respect that all star athletes expect and take for granted here. Go to a baseball game, get booed. Go out on the streets, get cat called. Go to a home game against the Lakers, get half or more of the audience being Laker fans. Go to a road game against the Lakers, get all the building Laker fans who want to see your asses beat and broken. And if you lose, Laker Nation will masturbate to any sign of your distress/dismay/irritation by the media's questions, etc. It's coming. It may not affect their lives in a meaningful way, but pro athletes are vain and entitled because they're rich and people generally root for them. Look at how Dwight Howard got all hurt when a fan called him something when he came back to Staples on another squad. Well, now they're in the ONE city where more people are against your ass than for you. You lost your LA privs, gents.

KL did use us as leverage as has been done by many a player. He's no beloved angel here as he was in Toronto. Maybe he doesn't care, but he's gonna get a different reaction than he got in The North one way or the other.
non-player zealot
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:25 am    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
You guys need to take your Lakers sunglasses off and think of this from a neutral perspective. If I were in his shoes probably would have done the same thing.

You wouldn't be in his shoes tho. No one's gonna buy that crap in S. Calif.
TheKing23
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:35 am    Post subject:

super villainy
PengShow
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject:

I don't care for the fact he joined the Clippers, I would say the same (bleep) if he stayed with the Raptors.

The way this whole (bleep) went down is what irks me, behind the whole "boring" personality Kawhi has, that (bleep) turned upside down after all this.

If this was LeBron or KD doing this, everyone and their mother would be (bleep) on both. Somehow Kawhi gets a pass because he's the so-called boring/quiet one.

I do gotta say though, PG's optics are worse.
The Juggernaut
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:45 am    Post subject:

(bleep) Kawhi that snake and PG the coward
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

ocho wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Most hated among Laker fans?

I don't think he intentionally messed with the Lakers. What could possibly drive him to do that while making maybe the biggest decision of his life?

Just to clear this up: Leonard used the threat of going to the Lakers to leverage the Clippers into coughing up their chest of picks for George. He used us to get to where he really wanted to be. He should be booed everywhere he goes in LA.

This
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:59 am    Post subject:

Ocho nailed it perfectly.
The only aspect not being discussed is that for his legacy, winning championships with teams who have never one (Tor & Clips) would be huge. Maybe that’s what he’s banking on. In truth, that will propel him to a higher level than winning here with us. We are already winners. Taking a losing franchise like the Clips to a championship would be huge for him.
Too bad for him though, we won’t let that happen.
ForumBlueFrank
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:04 am    Post subject:

It wouldnt surprise me to see him duck us during the season with his load management BS.

I hope we absolutely destroy them. Paul George is more of a concern to me then KL, but he's also coming off another surgery, so who knows what they will look like and if it will mesh. Here's hoping they fight internally, have major chemistry issues, and go on huge losing streaks.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject:

It's different for everyone.

1- KL is number one for me he was not upfront with the Lakers,
he masked his intentions while preventing the Lakers from building.
Yeah, we got some good pieces but had we known he would not come
the field would have been open.

2-PG was upfront and cut us off. do I hate it? yes, but he was upfront.

For snake #1 is KL,
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:09 am    Post subject:

This is War
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:12 am    Post subject:

[quote="ForumBlueFrank"]
ocho wrote:
Legacy wrote:
Most hated among Laker fans?

I don't think he intentionally messed with the Lakers. What could possibly drive him to do that while making maybe the biggest decision of his life?

Just to clear this up: Leonard used the threat of going to the Lakers to leverage the Clippers into coughing up their chest of picks for George. He used us to get to where he really wanted to be. He should be booed everywhere he goes in LA.

In the end, he can feel Laker boos coast to coast and Toronto, man he
flat out screwed those fans after they showed him nothing but love. The
only positive there is he really did a number on Drake; for this
lakurluv
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:16 am    Post subject:

Kawhi did what Free Agents have been doing for years when it comes to the Lakers...

USE THEM AS LEVERAGE!!!

Its no secret that if you want "Your-Way" or to simply "Get-PAID" you throw the Lakers name in your conversation or enter into negotiations with them simply to attain your outcome!

I've said this before and it bares repeating... Not every player is suited to play for the legendary franchise that is the "LOS-ANGELES-LAKERS" not the Clippers.

Being at a Clippers game vs. Lakers game will always be different, they'll always be this aura of years of dominance and intrigue, of legends, of game-changers, of evolutionary basketball players...

The Clippers don't have and probably never will have that! Not because they don't have a good team or a good coach, but simply because the times have changed, when teams could establish themselves with legends like Bill Russell, Kareem, Magic, Bird, Jordan...

Yeah GSW had a nice run, but one of the true last dominant teams in terms of era was the Shaq-Kobe led 3-Peat Lakers. Those times are hard to come by...

Kawhi and George are All-Star players but we throw comparisons around to easily... Kawhi was smart enough to know him winning in the West required at least another All-Star and its not that he didn't want to wait for LBJ to pass the torch. KL2 is a competitor but a the same time has more of a subdued character...

Do you honestly think he was Lakers material or Clippers material...???

Good for Kawhi, PG can SUCK-IT!!!

GO LAKERS Champions 2020!!!
Mamba Mentality
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:26 am    Post subject:

Kawhi WAS my favorite basketball player since Kobe. I loved his two way game and how he’s improved offensively throughout the years. On court attitude is drama free which is also a plus. I respect his decision to not join the Lakers. I’ve always criticized LeBron and KD for joining these types of teams so I can’t be a hypocrite and say this would be different if Kawhi joined. I know Kobe or MJ wouldn’t have joined LeBron and AD, they’d try to beat them. So I respect Kawhi for that.

However, I hate his tactics getting there. He used us as leverage to force the Clippers to make the overpay trade to land PG. We should’ve believed the reporting from Woj when he said Kawhi was talking to KD and Jimmy about teaming up. He basically threatened the Clippers by saying he’s coming to the Lakers if they can’t get PG. Literally took the Clippers hostage while dragging us along in this leverage pony show. (Bleep) him. Can’t wait to beat their asses.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:30 am    Post subject:

I respect it. I have animosity towards how he did us, but hate implies fear. Listen, fam, I’m purple and gold to the core, but if this doesn’t get your god given competitive spirit properly calibrated, you have never played a game in your life: Team or otherwise.

This is a blessing. How cherished are those OP Golden State championships? How hard did they have to fight? Do you remember our Kings, Blazers, Celtics series? I do. I remember them because they are worth remembering. The thrill is in the odds. George and Leonard both did us dirty. They had nothing but ill will towards the colors. Both targets on the same team. You can either look at them and admire them... or you can put the target up and lay waste to both at the same time. We will get their best game - all their pride, all their hopes, all their aspirations on the table - and we can rip it from them. And we are equipped to do just that for the next couple years. This is a spartan blessing. Let’s take it from them.
chrisca91
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:32 am    Post subject:

Absolute scumbag, he'll never win with the Clippers. Doc Rivers is trash and so is that whole organization
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:35 am    Post subject:

I don't hate KL or PG13. I'm disappointed with both because they didn't come here. I can't hate a man for doing what he thinks is in his best interest. The rumors neither wanted to play with LeBron may have legs.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
safari_in_cali
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:59 am    Post subject:

His image has changed drastically in the last year. He is now hated in San Antonio, he left Toronto (granted he won the trophy there, but still after the whole country fell in love with him, he dumped Canada after a one night stand). The Lakers fans hate him and he also managed to screw up OKC in the process. If he is not a villain, I don't know who is.
JIFISH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:12 am    Post subject:

The whole story is very confusing to me. It's said that when he wanted/demanded to be traded by the Spurs, his preferred destination was the Lakers.

Yet when he had the opportunity to pick the team he wanted to play for, the Lakers were his third choice. Or maybe he wanted whichever team could get either Durant or George for him as a teammate?

And while growing up in San Diego, he didn't idolize Kobe. He idolized A.I., who I thought was a good player until I saw how dirty he was, and what a loser he turned out to be.

I know it sounds like sour grapes now, but honestly, I was always a little worried about what would happen if he joined the Lakers.

And I really don't think he could have led the Raptors to a championship if Durant and Thompson had remained healthy and able to play for the Warriors.

So I have lots of questions about him, which I will only know at least some of the answers to after the end of the season.
mookielala
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:17 am    Post subject:

Nah.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kawhi wanted his own team, which is why he made the Clippers a priority. I don't believe he ever wanted to join a Laker superteam just because of the potential legacy of winning a title for a team that is known for being perennial losers. Like it or not it would put him up there with Lebron in that he was able to help a franchise which was never known for winning become a winner. It sucks for Laker fans because they would've easily gotten a couple of titles but in terms of parity for the NBA, it was probably their worst nightmare. Since Kawhi went to the Clippers with PG13, next season will probably be one of the most competitive seasons in recent history since no team will have a huge advantage above everyone else.

KL had his own team in Toronto and won a championship there. You're saying (speculating) he wanted that specific scenario of having his own team in LA?

Where does that hate for him come in? Per the tread title.

For me and I would guess this is the straw that broke the camels back. He used us for leverage while fringing to "really" want to join us. Then back stab us by going get the other homegrown Snake that "Cried" I'm coming Home!. Both end up with the "B" who's never won nothing, but they living in our house, trying to kick us out. The whole Org. needs spend their nights out on Figueroa, flagging down "Johns". They are at the other end of NBA Royalty, always have been, and always will be. They will never represent LA. It would be easier to invite Boston in to be the 2nd LA team. At least they are "High Class H#'s" that won ships. #KawhiPG #Clippers #DenOfVipers

Last edited by mde24 on Sun Jul 07, 2019 11:51 am; edited 1 time in total
Dumhead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:42 am    Post subject:

Im not gonna hate on the guy. I'm disappointed but I get it
And there are still players out there I despise more... Like Zaza.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:02 am    Post subject:

I don't know why you guys are hating on Kawhi. We signed up for this when lebron put on a Laker uniform. The fact that nobody wants to play with him is not Kawhi's fault. If lebron is the "Best player in basketball" it shouldn't matter, he should be able to beat the clippers regardless to who's on the team.
safari_in_cali
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 9:07 am    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
I don't know why you guys are hating on Kawhi. We signed up for this when lebron put on a Laker uniform. The fact that nobody wants to play with him is not Kawhi's fault. If lebron is the "Best player in basketball" it shouldn't matter, he should be able to beat the clippers regardless to who's on the team.

It's not about that. As a free agent he can go to any team he wants. It's about the way he handled the situation and used the Lakers as leverage and took advantage of them without any intention to play for the Lakers.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9
Jump to: