Andre Ingram is my favorite NBA player since Kobe
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:40 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Love Ingram, but it is a bit insulting that the FO thinks the fans are idiots.

I agree with this one. I like Ingram and all that but this move is just to bring some people to Staples and to try and show a fans something so they do not think about all the (bleep) what is happening.

I agree....like I said, happy for Ingram, I truly am.....but why was he given a look over Wear or Machado who both had significantly better seasons than Ingram. The only logical answer is the FO is making decisions to deflect and based on narrative than they are actual basketball reasons.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 6:54 am    Post subject:

As much as I love this feel good story, in this situation, he is being used as a distraction and is being exploited to take the attention away from this crap show season.

Sorry, but that's how I see it.

It's a public relations feel good move and nothing more..

Magic trying to tweak the narrative.
blackmamba08
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:37 am    Post subject:

anth2000 wrote:
As much as I love this feel good story, in this situation, he is being used as a distraction and is being exploited to take the attention away from this crap show season.

I think we can all agree about this. It is so obvious what they are trying to do. In some strange way I feel sorry for Ingram because he doesn't deserve it. They are using him to entertain the low IQ fans.
kobe_4_mvp
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

feel good about what? some 35 year old making extra money for a week or two? our team has missed the playoffs for SIX seasons in a row!
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:36 am    Post subject:

The Real, Real AI.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:40 am    Post subject:

blackmamba08 wrote:
anth2000 wrote:

I think we can all agree about this. It is so obvious what they are trying to do. In some strange way I feel sorry for Ingram because he doesn't deserve it. They are using him to entertain the low IQ fans.

Sorry, but I disagree. Ingram has paid his dues and has deserved this moment. We all know the South Bay Lakers will play hard, why not let them have their time in the Sun? Don’t feel sorry for them, just be happy they’ll get their shot. Who knows what will happen in their futures. If Lebron plays, I can see Ingram having fun playing next to a GOAT and draining open 3’a.
BigGameHames
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2019 3:59 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
blackmamba08 wrote:
OCWA wrote:
Love Ingram, but it is a bit insulting that the FO thinks the fans are idiots.

I agree with this one. I like Ingram and all that but this move is just to bring some people to Staples and to try and show a fans something so they do not think about all the (bleep) what is happening.

I agree....like I said, happy for Ingram, I truly am.....but why was he given a look over Wear or Machado who both had significantly better seasons than Ingram. The only logical answer is the FO is making decisions to deflect and based on narrative than they are actual basketball reasons.

It’s an obvious deflection with the added perk of more tank value. They’re blowing up social media with Ingram BS to change the conversation. I’m happy for him too but the Lakers should be above this.
Chronicle
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:27 pm    Post subject:

Release ai!
CabinCreek44
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:17 am    Post subject:

The Lakers are in a very strange place right now, and this coming offseason is just vitally important.

I agree the org is using Ingram in a way, but at the same time, dude is happy to be on the big stage, and I'm happy for him. And if all we're going to do next season is come out again with the same Silly Ball strategy to launch 3s all night until our arms fall off, then Ingram ought to be a serious consideration to be on the roster.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: