Win or lose...FIGHT!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrDent
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:26 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
DrDent wrote:
I think many of us have resigned that is very likely an L...but of course, as fans, hope otherwise.

Just please come to fight, as the thread title states. They lose, but give it their all? Ok, fine. But if its a repeat of yesterday...oh brother.

Suns are laughing it up, but honestly, despite the various issues the Lakers have...*this* series imo comes (or came) down to AD.

Not me. I expect a win with or without ad in game 6.

Throw that positivity my way!
1995Lakers
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:32 pm    Post subject:

laker4life wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
You do realize Phil Jackson, Shaq, Kobe and all those great mentally tough role players in the 3 peat era got B**** slapped by the Spurs in an elimination must win Game 6 at Staples Center to lose their dynasty right? Where was the fight then? Why did they lose pitifully and lose their 3-peat after all the adversity they went through to earn their 3-peat???? My point is dont blow this one game out of proportion. Even the most mentally tough teams can get blown out and the 3 peat Lakers getting blown out on their home floor in a must win Game 6 was far more inexcusable than this one.

That was Game 6 after winning three championships in a row.

The team was in disarray too.

This is a little different.

EVERY situation is going to be a little different. Bottom line remains: Fans overreact after one blowout loss like the sky is falling EVERY time and go on to bash players and so forth. I bet you werent this understanding of that 2003 team during and shortly after they were blown off their home floor. Im sure the same emotional nonsense from fans were said then as it is now.

I was here in Lakersground during the 2011 run. The stuff said about Pau was far nastier than what is said about Davis now....and justifiably so. Lets not poo-poo 2011 and think that what is happening now is worse than what happened in 2011. The lack of 3 point shooting - Some of you guys should check the stats for Lakers 3 point shooting during that series because I remember it clear as day as being just as horrendous as it is now. My point is as time passes, we will gloss over this season as well and think the next disappointment is the worst thing ever.

Geez get a grip people. Some people here definitely do but some seem to lack all perspective and are definitely prisoners of the moment
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:32 am    Post subject:

DrDent wrote:
Halflife wrote:
DrDent wrote:
I think many of us have resigned that is very likely an L...but of course, as fans, hope otherwise.

Just please come to fight, as the thread title states. They lose, but give it their all? Ok, fine. But if its a repeat of yesterday...oh brother.

Suns are laughing it up, but honestly, despite the various issues the Lakers have...*this* series imo comes (or came) down to AD.

PLAYOFF MODE ACTIVATED
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:56 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
DrDent wrote:
Halflife wrote:
DrDent wrote:

PLAYOFF MODE should have been ACTIVATED over a week ago

fixed
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2021 6:47 pm    Post subject:

ahaider wrote:
Drifts wrote:
1995Lakers wrote:
You do realize Phil Jackson, Shaq, Kobe and all those great mentally tough role players in the 3 peat era got B**** slapped by the Spurs in an elimination must win Game 6 at Staples Center to lose their dynasty right? Where was the fight then? Why did they lose pitifully and lose their 3-peat after all the adversity they went through to earn their 3-peat???? My point is dont blow this one game out of proportion. Even the most mentally tough teams can get blown out and the 3 peat Lakers getting blown out on their home floor in a must win Game 6 was far more inexcusable than this one.

how many of them walked out more than 5 minutes left in the game?

Game was out of hand. Made much more sense to get treatment. It’s much ado about nothing.

LOL

would have made zero difference had he started treatment after the game... this is a funny excuse though.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: