OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 890, 891, 892 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:04 pm    Post subject:

ChickenStu wrote:
It really could be that Butler is the best chance we have at signing a max guy.

Id rather have Vuc at less than max with room to sign another solid player than max out Butler... perhaps like a Vuc and Danny Green combo?
and then if we can turn around and trade for AD we have more solid bodies to fill out the rest of the team with
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:14 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Id rather have Vuc at less than max with room to sign another solid player than max out Butler... perhaps like a Vuc and Danny Green combo?
and then if we can turn around and trade for AD we have more solid bodies to fill out the rest of the team with

I don't think that's an irrational take, but it's possible that Vuc doesn't even seriously consider us. The Magic are probably going to give him a 5-year offer to stay, given that they didn't trade him, and unless we are going to significantly overpay for him over 4 years (meaning, we basically give him the full max), I think there's a good chance he just stays with the Magic. And he still might prefer, say, a deal starting at $25MM a year for 5 years with them than a full 4-year max from us.

As I've mentioned before, I am not sure that Butler wants to stay with the 76ers if they re-sign Harris, which I believe they will do, and I'm not even sure if Philly wants to bring Butler back anyway. I think he's the best shot we have, with Kyrie being second, though I think he's going to the Knicks.
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:29 pm    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Durant and Kyrie spotted having private dinner in Miami, which means speculation galore

https://thespun.com/more/top-stories/kyrie-durant-miami-dinner-rumors

Speculation ? Secret love affair?
jankobe
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 5:59 pm    Post subject:

I still believe 1 from Kyrie & KD will come to the Lakers. Remember, last summer, photos circulating PG13 with Josh Hart a lot of times.
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:01 pm    Post subject:

jankobe wrote:
I still believe 1 from Kyrie & KD will come to the Lakers. Remember, last summer, photos circulating PG13 with Josh Hart a lot of times.

It was only at 1 event. Some gaming thing.

I bet KD is not coming
adkindo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 6:40 pm    Post subject:

audioaxes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I think Vuc will get the max or very near max. It appears the Magic plan on trying to keep him, and speculation is Dallas will make a run at him.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:25 pm    Post subject:

jankobe wrote:

Huge difference between being in the same video game tournament over having a private dinner together.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:40 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
jankobe wrote:

Huge difference between being in the same video game tournament over having a private dinner together.

Yeah.
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:42 pm    Post subject:

EasyMoneySniper (KD) started following DLO. Nets reporter Anthony Puccio (if that’s a real name) just had an accident.
J
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:59 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
jankobe wrote:

Yeah.

Right, this is more akin to LeBron having dinner with AD.
nzahir
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:16 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

I think Vuc will get the max or very near max. It appears the Magic plan on trying to keep him, and speculation is Dallas will make a run at him.

No idea why Dallas supposedly will go after him

KP and Vuc is too big of a frontcourt imo, who is going to finish in fast breaks?
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2019 9:29 pm    Post subject:

adkindo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Don't know why Dallas will be interested in Vuc after the porky trade
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 12:03 am    Post subject:

The Juggernaut wrote:
kikanga wrote:
The Juggernaut wrote:
Butler's top 5 perimeter 2 way player. Not many can be as great as he is on both ends on a nightly basis. I would love him on our team, he's the kind of competitor you want in the playoffs especially.

You'd be hard pressed to find a bigger Butler fan than me. But I worry about his fit. Luke Walton is a laid back coach. Like Butler's coach he complained about in Chicago (after Thibs got fired). And roster dynamics might be bad too. He's not very patient with unproven young guys. He's meshing well with Simmons and Embiid. But our young core reminds me of Minnesota's young core moreso than PHI. We got young guys who don't know how to win.

I think he's better off in PHI.
But of course I'd take him if he wanted to sign here (and KD and Kawhi don't). He's too good of a player not to. I think he's a better overall player than Kyrie or Klay.

That's definitely a legitimate worry to have with Butler. Imo Luke isnt going to be coach next season unless we somehow make the playoffs and 2nd round. The next coach will be someone that will command more respect than Luke from Butler. Plus Lebron (maybe Rondo for cheap) can keep Jimmy in check.

I am happy with any of these guys for our 2nd max slot:

Jimmy Butler
Kawhi Leonard
Kevin Durant
Klay Thompson
Kemba Walker
Kyrie Irving

If we miss out on those guys then the next tier for me is:

Tobias Harris
Nikola Vuecivic
Demarcus Cousins
Khris Middelton
D'angelo Russell

Lonzo wouldd never fit with a guy like Jimmy. Kuzma I think has a tougher skin, and Ingram has shown some toughness too, but we'd have a crowded wing rotation.

If Jimmy really is our guy, I think they'd look into trading at least a couple of the kids for a high performance poing guard to better balance the roster.
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:43 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

To go for a highly-skilled Euro big man duo? And then add in Luka's Euro skill? I think it would be very interesting. Still, I'm guessing the Magic keep him. Losing him for nothing--especially after drafting Bamba--would be monumentally poor asset management. But we've seen them do it before, I know.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 1:57 am    Post subject:

I'd like to think teams learned their lesson of locking up a non-elite player like Vuc to a 4-5 year max after all those bad contracts that were made from the last salary cap jump. But definitely wont be surprised if a team is still dumb enough to do so.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:03 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Why not?

Doncic + Porky + Vuc with two long, quick, athletic SG/SF types seems like a good starting 5.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:19 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Why not?

Doncic + Porky + Vuc with two long, quick, athletic SG/SF types seems like a good starting 5.

A KP/Vucevic frontcourt isn't really 100% playable as your main option in today's game. It'd be a better use of their money to get a long forward that can play both forward spots as the 3rd piece. Basically what they had in Harrison Barnes actually, but someone better than him.

Then they'd need a pair of 3-and-D guys for the PG spot. Brunson seems good enough to be the backup so they need a starter. But that's how I'd build that team, with KP at Center and Doncic as playmaker. Vucevic is just a waste of money for them, specially for the max.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 2:30 am    Post subject:

I might be in the minority here but I'd like to see KD and Kyrie each go to the Knicks. The league is better when the Knicks are prominent; the Warriors and Celtics would be weakened; the west would be weakened as well.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 3:32 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:
I might be in the minority here but I'd like to see KD and Kyrie each go to the Knicks. The league is better when the Knicks are prominent; the Warriors and Celtics would be weakened; the west would be weakened as well.

As long as Kawhi comes here I'm fine with both going to the Knicks
vanexelent
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:15 am    Post subject:

PHILosophize wrote:

How do you figure? The last time they were prominent the NBA product was pretty damn bad to watch. The league is good now and the Lakers and Knicks suck. So do the Bulls. All 3 of the biggest markets are terrible, but the popularity of the league is high.
PHILosophize
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:23 am    Post subject:

vanexelent wrote:
PHILosophize wrote:

How do you figure? The last time they were prominent the NBA product was pretty damn bad to watch. The league is good now and the Lakers and Knicks suck. So do the Bulls. All 3 of the biggest markets are terrible, but the popularity of the league is high.

Just because the popularity is high now doesn't mean it wouldn't be even higher were the Knicks good.
LAL1947
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 4:33 am    Post subject:

AirKobe8 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Why not?

A KP/Vucevic frontcourt isn't really 100% playable as your main option in today's game. It'd be a better use of their money to get a long forward that can play both forward spots as the 3rd piece. Basically what they had in Harrison Barnes actually, but someone better than him.

Then they'd need a pair of 3-and-D guys for the PG spot. Brunson seems good enough to be the backup so they need a starter. But that's how I'd build that team, with KP at Center and Doncic as playmaker. Vucevic is just a waste of money for them, specially for the max.

There is not a "one-size-fits-all" route to success in today's game IMO and sometimes you have to work with what you can get or what is available. I think a KP/Vuc front court with Doncic at PG could definitely be a good option today... provided they have 2 appropriate 3&D SG/SF guys to round off the starting 5.... because they'd give teams match up nightmares on offense.
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:29 am    Post subject:

LAL1947 wrote:
AirKobe8 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:
Jesusdelonla wrote:
adkindo wrote:
audioaxes wrote:
ChickenStu wrote:

Why not?

There is not a "one-size-fits-all" route to success in today's game IMO and sometimes you have to work with what you can get or what is available. I think a KP/Vuc front court with Doncic at PG could definitely be a good option today... provided they have 2 appropriate 3&D SG/SF guys to round off the starting 5.... because they'd give teams match up nightmares on offense.

I aagree there's no secret formula, but idk man, they'd be too slow in transition D IMO. Doncic is already not the fastest guy around, then you add a ACL tear slowed down Porzingis and a big in Vucevic.

I mean, this combination would be a killer in the NBA of 15 years ago, but I think a team like this would be killed by the Milwaukees and Torontos of today, that have more versatile and athletic frontcourts.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 7:36 am    Post subject:

Quote:
I mean, this combination would be a killer in the NBA of 15 years ago, but I think a team like this would be killed by the Milwaukees and Torontos of today, that have more versatile and athletic frontcourts.

Someone would not be happy be sitting out in crunch time.

Max Vuc out (and Porky is extension eligible too) and one is always sitting out in crunch time? That makes for an unhappy locker room

In fact, Luka probably plays best as a small ball PF in closing lineups and that would move Porky to center. Vuc? What's he going to do then?
AirKobe8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2019 8:02 am    Post subject:

yinoma2001 wrote:
Quote:

Someone would not be happy be sitting out in crunch time.

Max Vuc out (and Porky is extension eligible too) and one is always sitting out in crunch time? That makes for an unhappy locker room

In fact, Luka probably plays best as a small ball PF in closing lineups and that would move Porky to center. Vuc? What's he going to do then?

Exactly man, that's my point. A Vuc/KP frontcourt is great maybe for the first 6 minutes of the game, but will cause you all sort of trouble as the game unfolds. And you don't want that to happen when you're paying these guys the max. The fit is just bad.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 890, 891, 892 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 891 of 8560
Jump to: