Can the Lakers compete with BKN in the Finals?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 71, 72, 73  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:03 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
The Nets will never win a championship because they are a horrible defensive team. This year they ranked #22. I don't see that changing any time soon and it could get worse. I like Miami or Milwaukee in the East.

They almost beat Bucks with 2 of their top 3 being hurt...
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
32 wrote:
Some people say the Lakers are old but if you do an age comparison with each team's big 3 it's pretty close. The big 3 will have the most impact on both teams.

AD 28 - Kyrie 29
Russ 32 - Harden 32
Lebron 36 - Durant 33

And Durant is coming off a deep playoff run after a torn Achilles where he played insane minutes, followed by the Olympics. For all the talk of LeBron's wear and tear, Durant is not THAT far behind.

they play different style of game. Thei game is based on shooting and finesse not athletism
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:10 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
32 wrote:
Some people say the Lakers are old but if you do an age comparison with each team's big 3 it's pretty close. The big 3 will have the most impact on both teams.

AD 28 - Kyrie 29
Russ 32 - Harden 32
Lebron 36 - Durant 33

And Durant is coming off a deep playoff run after a torn Achilles where he played insane minutes, followed by the Olympics. For all the talk of LeBron's wear and tear, Durant is not THAT far behind.

Over 400 games behind
miggz23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 11:24 am    Post subject:

Username wrote:
32 wrote:

AD 28 - Kyrie 29
Russ 32 - Harden 32
Lebron 36 - Durant 33

Like last season they’ll just sand bag KD all season long… He ain’t playing more than 50 games.
AD23
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:23 pm    Post subject:

Nets in 3
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Username wrote:
32 wrote:

AD 28 - Kyrie 29
Russ 32 - Harden 32
Lebron 36 - Durant 33

Over 400 games behind

Yeah, he's def. a decent amount of games behind especially when you count Playoffs as well but that Achilles tear brings it a lot closer imo. He can still be a complete beast no doubt but the concern is absolutely still there.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 2:36 pm    Post subject:

Bucks are still a worthy opponent and the team to beat, but it seems that a Nets vs Lakers finals is all but inevitable now that Millsap and possibly Aldridge are on the roster. The least injured team will still advance, but I'm guessing both the Lakers and Nets will take load management more seriously. Superteams are back on the menu.
slavavov
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 3:32 pm    Post subject:

LakerSD wrote:
governator wrote:
Lamar's Bud wrote:
BKN has added Millsap now. Effectively replacing Jeff Green.

https://sports.yahoo.com/nets-agree-deal-f-paul-134853685.html

damn, they got Mills and Millsap to run small ball with their big-3, good pick up for them but our small ball still got AD the unicorn, let's go

If the Nets and Lakers do meet in the finals, it may shape the next 3-5 years.

Nets win…we continue towards small ball and 3 point shooting contest.
Lakers win…we get teams loading back up on big and strong.

If the Lakers beat the Nets, I don't necessarily think it will change the way teams play. Both the Lakers and Nets are fast break teams, and they simply have different approaches to it.

If our 3-point shooting improves, as we expect, we're probably going to shoot more of them, That means we'll still shoot many more 3s than any team did just a few years ago.

There aren't that many productive bigs in the NBA, and as of now, when it comes to "big and strong" bigs, all we have is Dwight Howard, and Gasol who may or may not even play for us.
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:02 pm    Post subject:

Brooklyn is strong on paper.. but they are injury prone as well..
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:09 pm    Post subject:

KD hasnt proven he can win without steph and when mano e mano with freak he failed and he started with a 2-0 lead.

Harden has proven the postseason is a bit more challenging. Plus we will see with new rules how he adjusts. he's made more FT's than FG's in his career it seems.

who knows about Kyrie.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:52 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
KD hasnt proven he can win without steph and when mano e mano with freak he failed and he started with a 2-0 lead.

Harden has proven the postseason is a bit more challenging. Plus we will see with new rules how he adjusts. he's made more FT's than FG's in his career it seems.

who knows about Kyrie.

KD failed? It took a full 7 game series for the fully healthy bucks team to beat Nets with 2/3 of their stars being out/injured...
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:02 pm    Post subject:

roger_federer wrote:
Halflife wrote:

who knows about Kyrie.

KD failed? It took a full 7 game series for the fully healthy bucks team to beat Nets with 2/3 of their stars being out/injured...

but it had KD. The unquestioned (by some) best player in the league with a 2-0 lead. Lets not start acting like the Bucks were overwhelmingly stacked.

He lost. He had game 7 at home and and blew it.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:41 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Halflife wrote:

who knows about Kyrie.

but it had KD. The unquestioned (by some) best player in the league with a 2-0 lead. Lets not start acting like the Bucks were overwhelmingly stacked.

You mean the Game 7 he dropped 48/9/6?

In Game 5 when he had at least Harden still and they got there final win of the series he finished with a triple double looking like this ... 49/17/10/3/2 on 70% shooting

I'm not sure what else you expected an extremely top heavy 3 superstar team to do when 2 of said superstars were not playing against a legit Contender? I'd say Durant was still an absolute beast and did nothing for me to remotely doubt him. This is all coming off the first season back after a torn achilles as well.

I'm all for making fun of the Nets but not sure Durant deserves any blame whatsoever on there exit.
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:03 pm    Post subject:

hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Halflife wrote:

who knows about Kyrie.

In Game 5 when he had at least Harden still and they got there final win of the series he finished with a triple double looking like this ... 49/17/10/3/2 on 70% shooting

I'm not sure what else you expected an extremely top heavy 3 superstar team to do when 2 of said superstars were not playing against a legit Contender? I'd say Durant was still an absolute beast and did nothing for me to remotely doubt him. This is all coming off the first season back after a torn achilles as well.

I'm all for making fun of the Nets but not sure Durant deserves any blame whatsoever on there exit.

He had game 7 at home. every other star regardless of numbers gets gassed if they lose. He is no different. He had 1 game to win and he lost. he's great he just wasn't great enough.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:07 pm    Post subject:

Drifts wrote:
Brooklyn is strong on paper.. but they are injury prone as well..

I think if both teams are healthy we still have a solid chance to take them if we just pound them in submission. They have multiple players that are notoriously soft and thin skinned. That said, if they're healthy, they're going to absolutely SMOKE the Bucks. I think it's going to be a royal ass kicking.
roger_federer
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:30 pm    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
hype wrote:
Halflife wrote:
roger_federer wrote:
Halflife wrote:

who knows about Kyrie.

He had game 7 at home. every other star regardless of numbers gets gassed if they lose. He is no different. He had 1 game to win and he lost. he's great he just wasn't great enough.

As usual you have no idea what you are talking about. You just decide on something and argue without making any sense.

Basketball is a team sport. No one can ever beat a team in finals. Bucks have their entire roster healthy. Nets have 2 of their top3 hurt and it till took them 7 games.
governator
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:37 am    Post subject:

Bruh, KD was balling vs bucks, I wanted Bron to do that vs Suns too. But I do agree, unless KD get one without Steph, gonna be hard to move up on his all time ranking to join the Kobe’s/Bron’s/Magic’s/MJ’s table. He’s sitting with Dirk and KG right now
Halflife
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:53 am    Post subject:

governator wrote:
Bruh, KD was balling vs bucks, I wanted Bron to do that vs Suns too. But I do agree, unless KD get one without Steph, gonna be hard to move up on his all time ranking to join the Kobe’s/Bron’s/Magic’s/MJ’s table. He’s sitting with Dirk and KG right now

Kobe got crucified for big games and L's. Bron was a failure for carrying teams to the championship without winning. KD had a 2-0 lead against a team and star who had never been there. A star who at the time was getting killed because his game was flawed, and he had a game 7 on his floor.

he couldn't get it done. Im not talking about winning a ring. Im just saying if you are crowned as the best you need to win game 7 at home. Especially a close game.
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:41 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:

Kobe got crucified for big games and L's. Bron was a failure for carrying teams to the championship without winning. KD had a 2-0 lead against a team and star who had never been there. A star who at the time was getting killed because his game was flawed, and he had a game 7 on his floor.

he couldn't get it done. Im not talking about winning a ring. Im just saying if you are crowned as the best you need to win game 7 at home. Especially a close game.

I see this a lot among Lakers fans. “My guy was unfairly criticized, therefore I’m going to return the favor.”

Pretty silly. KD was incredible
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 8:47 am    Post subject:

PenG_ wrote:

I see this a lot among Lakers fans. “My guy was unfairly criticized, therefore I’m going to return the favor.”

What are you even talking about?
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
PenG_ wrote:

What are you even talking about?

Too subtle?
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:18 am    Post subject:

Kevin Durant dropped two big L’s on Lebron’s head, literally, his place on the all-time list is unquestioned.

Is that too subtle?
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:43 am    Post subject:

KD is now 33. Playing with a repaired torn Achilles he's going to start going downhill. No player with that injury can escape it.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 9:56 am    Post subject:

Age is overplayed. If the Lakers are healthy they will win #18.

Rob has assembled a group of veterans with one goal in mind, win a championship. IMO this is a one year squad. It's not built with longevity in mind. It's built to win it all NOW.

I'm looking forward to seeing an unselfish team determined to bring the Larry O'Brien back to Staples.

I know I sound like a broken record but I'll say it again. Frank Vogel is the team's weakest link.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
KindCrippler2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2021 10:02 am    Post subject:

Halflife wrote:
governator wrote:

This is so disingenuous. Durant was literally one inch away from eliminating the Bucks without Irving and a 50% Harden:
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 64, 65, 66 ... 71, 72, 73  Next
Page 65 of 73
Jump to: