Kawhi Leonard Now the Most Hated Player by Laker Fans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is KL now most hated player in the league?
yes
68%
 68%  [ 133 ]
no
31%
 31%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 195

chains
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:28 am    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

activeverb wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
I had high respect for KL even when he was on the spurs. But now, I’m pretty sure KL never wanted to join the Lakers and INTENTIONALLY delayed de-selection in order to mess with the team. That is unethical. He just turned into a villain as in Marvel’s Klaw.

In other words, "The girl we wanted to take to the prom decided to go with someone else, so now she's an ugly scank who we only pretended to like."

Kwak is a great player. We lost out on him. But he should have manned up and said so from the beginning. That is what we are pissed bout. U flipper fans should go to your forums. There must not be any Flipper fans on that board.

So you understand Flipper fan, had we known the KD rumor was true, then that means he did not want to come to the Lakers from the beginning. He did not want to go to the Flippers as the lone star. Kwaks health must be worse than what is thought. He gave it his all to win in Toronto. And he knows he would have lost had GSW been healthy. Kwak cannot duplicate what he did in Toronto. He knows that. He played loose like a man that had nothing to lose. He barely got by Philly with one lucky shot.

He recruited KD, and KD told him "NO". The media was throwing so many stories, our front office didn't know what was true. He used us as leverage to threaten the Flippers to force them into getting an injured washed up PG13. They say is a superstar. I repeat. PG13 is not a marquee player. He was Kwaks second or last option. Kwak wanted KD.

But karma will hit Kwak for this snake move. And karma will come back to bite him, as PG13 fizzles out come playoff time and is falling apart just like kwak. They deserve each other. The Flippers will never overtake the Purple and Gold. We are global. The Flippers are copy cats. They stole the CP3 deal just cus we were suppose to get him and now they leveraged their whole future for 2 injury prone players. PG13 is damaged goods. Hahahahahaha.

And kudos to our front office for recovering after the Kwak fiasco. Notice how the media have not said a peep about how we filled our roster. Mad respect to our front office for filling out our roster. Where is the dysfunction? We are the Lakers and we go big or go home. We went for it. We struck out. No big deal. No guts no glory. We still have LBJ and the Brow. LBJ is healthy, rested and coming for Kwak.
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:38 am    Post subject:

What really irritates me beside form the obvious, is that Kobe Bryant taught this guy basketball that took his game to another level. By joining the clippers he essentially gave Kobe the finger. #2 is a selfish ungrateful sack of.....(bleep). He has no class and I wish Kobe ignored this guy and taught him nothing, because #2 does not deserve what Kobe did for him.

Last edited by JJLakers on Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:45 am; edited 4 times in total
4stargeneralbulldog
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:39 am    Post subject:

I got this from another message board and I have to say this man was very Machiavellian in a way that screwed us and multiple franchises.

Quote:
Kawhi Leonard is out here playing 4D chess.

He never wanted to play with LeBron James or join a superteam, but he took a meeting with the Lakers and remained in constant communication anyway.

The Los Angeles Lakers were convinced they had their guy and Kawhi clearly never gave them a reason to feel differently.

But it makes sense that he knew exactly what he was doing.

Dragging this whole thing out meant the Lakers ran out of time to sign a third star.

They also missed out on every half-decent free agent (other than Danny Green, ironically).

Kawhi’s people even contacted the Lakers two hours before making the Clippers announcement, asking them to hold off on making the Anthony Davis trade official, according to ESPN.

And it wasn’t just the Lakers that Leonard drove a knife into.

By helping Paul George escape OKC, he destroyed Russell Westbrook and the Thunder.

He vaporised the Raptors’ chances of defending their title or even contending at all.

He ended the Warriors’ dynasty and even indirectly ended Kevin Durant.

Kawhi was the reason the Raptors were up 3-1 in the Finals, which pushed Durant to return before he was ready and suffer the most devastating injury in basketball.

So, Leonard sabotaged one contender and completely annihilated two others all at once.

Throw in the San Antonio Spurs and that’s four contenders ticked off his hit list.

On and off the court, Kawhi Leonard is a cold-blooded killer, making moves none of us thought a Fun Guy was ever capable of.
ReaListik
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 1:50 am    Post subject:

4stargeneralbulldog wrote:
I got this from another message board and I have to say this man was very Machiavellian in a way that screwed us and multiple franchises.

Quote:

He never wanted to play with LeBron James or join a superteam, but he took a meeting with the Lakers and remained in constant communication anyway.

The Los Angeles Lakers were convinced they had their guy and Kawhi clearly never gave them a reason to feel differently.

Dragging this whole thing out meant the Lakers ran out of time to sign a third star.

They also missed out on every half-decent free agent (other than Danny Green, ironically).

Kawhi’s people even contacted the Lakers two hours before making the Clippers announcement, asking them to hold off on making the Anthony Davis trade official, according to ESPN.

By helping Paul George escape OKC, he destroyed Russell Westbrook and the Thunder.

He vaporised the Raptors’ chances of defending their title or even contending at all.

Kawhi was the reason the Raptors were up 3-1 in the Finals, which pushed Durant to return before he was ready and suffer the most devastating injury in basketball.

So, Leonard sabotaged one contender and completely annihilated two others all at once.

Throw in the San Antonio Spurs and that’s four contenders ticked off his hit list.

On and off the court, Kawhi Leonard is a cold-blooded killer, making moves none of us thought a Fun Guy was ever capable of.

Fool is still going to lose. Paul George is your #2? Give me a (bleep) break. That team wouldn’t get past the WCF.

Btw, if LeBron was still in Cleveland with Kevin Love and the 2018 Cavs still intact they would have prevented Toronto from advancing.
JJLakers
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:16 am    Post subject:

Cris Clown at it, with his BS garbage again. A mouth for #2. They really love using this guy.

https://twitter.com/FTFonFS1/status/1148189652941201409

Congratulations cris, now you are on my list of hated people, you dumbass.

Boycott his show. His ratings will crash and burn.
LandsbergerRules
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:48 am    Post subject:

JJLakers wrote:
Cris Clown at it, with his BS garbage again. A mouth for #2. They really love using this guy.

Carter's points about Magic and the medical staff are legit imo. The thing he tries to sweep under the rug is the blatant deception from KL and his camp that he himself was most likely an accomplice in.

Last edited by LandsbergerRules on Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:08 am; edited 1 time in total
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 4:56 am    Post subject:

Although I hate to say this, technically, Kawhi did nothing wrong.

First, the only thing that was known was that 3 teams were in the running for his services. That was not a lie.

Second, he never committed to us and then backed out, say, like Deondre Jordan did to the Mavs years ago. We just fell for speculation and rumors, something we tend to do here.

Third, he had a right to have a preference, even if that means our Lakers wasn't #1 on his list.

If you ever read my posts, I was probably the only one on LG that predicted this. I said early on, days ago, that KL was not a player that should be on this Laker team simply because he had to consider coming to play here.

Key word is consider.

I never got the feeling that AD had to "consider" coming here. AD wanted, straight out, to be a Laker. I think Lebron was sort of the same way. But the fact that KL even had to "consider" coming to Lakers against the Clippers, of all teams, made me instantly disqualify this guy from being someone I could back, as a fan. Again, I want players that 100% WANT to be Lakers, not players that have to consider coming here.

Another thing I said was that the Lakers should have told him to decide with efficiency; the fact that he kept waivering to commit to us should have indicated that back door negotiations were happening. I think for us, as fans, we get so caught up in the mob-mentality of anticipation that we failed to use common sense. It was not normal to have this long delay. I knew something was brewing. It was just that the Laker front office had passed the point of no return. It was a gamble that could have been prevented by not allowing Kawhi to consider being a Laker.

I don't like Kawhi by any stretch, but I don't hate the guy simply because the Lakers allowed him to manipulate them.I dislike Kawhi, like the PG, because he chose the Clippers over my Lakers, but his acting within his rights during a free-agency period is not grounds for my hating the guy.
Hydro21
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 5:05 am    Post subject:

He will never overcome Dwight Howard for most hated for me lol

PG and KL are a strong 2 and 3 tho .. but PG gets the nod for trying to embarrass us on his signing documentary.
troy
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:06 am    Post subject: Blessings of us NOT getting Kawhi Leonard

* Anthony Davis. We can see that Kawhi is very demanding, and at some point, his demands would have run counter to what Davis desire, post Lebron. I can see these two players, Davis and Leonard, clashing, causing dissent in the locker room as they strive to fill the vacuum once Lebron leaves. You have to ask yourself, who do you want more to lead this team, Anthony Davis, who stayed with his Pelicans team for years through thick and then, or Kawhi Leonard, who left the Spurs after winning, and left the Raptors after winning. Which leads me to...

* Trust. I don't trust Kawhi Leonard. He's a manipulator. We should have read the tea-leaves with San Antonio. I truly believe KL is extremely passive/aggressive, egotistical, and me-first as opposed to team-first. I think he only functions when his wants and needs are met, and will ditch you as soon as that doesn't happen. I think we learned that from both San Antonio and Toronto, two qualty franchises that Kawhi turned his back on, despite winning rings with them.

* Media. The Lakers are already hated by the vast majority of the media, as well as the country. Having the NBA's only superteam would have intensified the hatred Laker fans already have to deal with. Any sort of misfortune would have been cheered, any sort of shortcoming emphasized, any slump celebrated. And lord help us if we wouldn't have won it all with a so-called superteam.

* Health. I'm not sure about KL's health, long term. His quad injury could be chronic, and his desire for load management tells me that there could be some serious issues that nobody is really revealing.

* Salaries. I just think having 3 superstars negatively impacts your ability to field a deep team. We saw that with Golden State. Top heavy is fine as long as everyone is healthy. With a 35 year old Lebron, and AD and KL with health challenges, I can't say we would be investing in a stable team. I like what Utah and Denver, and the 76ers have...deep, balanced rosters with young, hungry players. That's what dynasties are made of.

* Perspective. Manufactured super teams don't last. The Miami Heat superteam didn't last. The Golden State Warrior superteam didn't last. Hell, even the 2003/4 Laker superteam didn't last. It's something about motivation, egos, challenge, something, I don't know, but no superteam has really lasted past 2 or 3 seasons. And while winning a title or two in a row is appealing, I'm looking more for a dynasty.

* on court chemistry. I like our team, with McGee/Cousins at the 5, Davis/Kuz at the 4, Lebron at the 3...but where do we put Kawhi? Unlike Miami and Golden State, who had their superstars not playing the same positions, the Lakers would have had redundancy with Kawhi playing. Do we play Kawhi at the 3 and let a 35 year old LeBron play point? Do we play Kawhi at the 2, a position that is un-natural for him? Do we reduce the development of Kuzman to placate Kawhi? Golden State, you had Curry at point, klay at 2, and KD at 3 or 4. Perfect. Miami, you had Wade at 2, Lebron at 3/4, Bosh at 5. Perfect. Lakers with a Kawhi?

* Character. What combo, as fans, do you really trust will represent our Laker team, our city, and our community better? Lebron James and Anthony Davis, both who wanted to be Lakers and made it happen, or Kawhi Leonard and Paul George, two players who abandoned their teams prematurely and colluded their way into Los Angeles?

I know losing out on Kawhi stings for most fans, and I know the anti-Laker media will gloat about it over and over. But I really do believe it's a blessing in disguise.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:14 am    Post subject:

I actually respect Kawhi for not wanting to take the easy way out and be part of super team. I think Many people hated Lebron for doing that and Durant followed suit. It’s good to see someone who wants the challenge. Game on!
lakers4life78
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:31 am    Post subject:

He's a great player, couple issues with him

1. He left two very well organizations in the Spurs and Raptors, which is odd

2. He played in only 60 games last year, the vast majority of them being load management games. Red flag for a 27 year old player. One thing if you do that with Lebron or a guy with a long injury history like Embiid, but long term, I wonder how he'll hold up. In the finals he ws dragging that leg a bit, not sure if same injury or different one.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:41 am    Post subject:

Kawhi and PG deserves each other, both snakes 🐍

Quote:
While the Lakers tried to secure a commitment from Kawhi Leonard, the 28-year-old star was instead secretly ramping up his recruit efforts for Paul George.

According to a report from ESPN's Ramona Shelburne, Leonard recruited All-Star forward Kevin Durant pretty heavily in the weeks leading up to free agency. Durant ultimately turned down Leonard's request and instead signed a four-year max deal with the Brooklyn Nets.

George was Leonard’s next target. Leonard began recruiting George “hard” to make it a reality last week, and the idea excited George, according to a person familiar with the player’s thinking. Though many reports suggested Leonard had an opinion one way or another about forming a super team, the truth was Leonard was looking for what he deemed the best situation.

The final push began Monday when Leonard and a few close associates met with a Clippers contingent at Doc Rivers’ house in Malibu. Rivers made an impassioned pitch to Leonard. They left believing they had a shot at Leonard if they could deliver a second star to play alongside him. Both sides went to work to make that happen. At the same time he was meeting with the Los Angeles Lakers and Toronto Raptors, Leonard was meeting, calling and texting with George, trying to convince him to find a way out of Oklahoma City. Said one source close to George, “For a quiet guy, he’s a hell of a recruiter.”

In between his meetings with the Clippers and Raptors, Leonard reportedly met with Lakers owner Jeanie Buss and GM Rob Pelinka on Tuesday at the Four Seasons Hotel in Westlake Village. The meeting was initially set to take place at the Lakers' practice facility in El Segundo, about 40 miles away from Westlake Village; however, sources say Leonard requested the switch just hours before the sit-down. Why? According to ESPN's Ramona Shelburne, "it appears" Leonard had also met George nearby on that same day.

Kawhi’s camp then asked the Raptors earlier in the week about the possibility of acquiring George or Washington’s Bradley Beal. According to Bruce Arthur of the Toronto Star, team president Masai Ujiri considered the request.

Oklahoma reportedly asked for Pascal Siakam, Fred VanVleet and four unprotected first-round picks as a starting point from the Toronto Raptors in trade talks involving Paul George. And as the Kawhi camp made escalating demands, the Raptors began to feel they were being used as leverage and that Kawhi and his people were focused on going to Los Angeles. Kawhi was in Toronto from Wednesday to Friday, and was indeed on the company plane as it flew back to San Diego on Friday morning.

While all of this was going on, a person familiar with their thinking said, the Lakers had no idea that the Clippers and Raptors were attempting to trade for George to give Leonard his desired teammate. The Lakers couldn’t have traded for George even if they wanted to. They had emptied their cupboard in trading for [Anthony] Davis and had nothing left to give.

yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:44 am    Post subject:

Well. Snakes usually kill each other. That’s why we only had one black mamba.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 7:46 am    Post subject:

How is depth, the main benefit, not mentioned? With that said, I wanted Kawhi.
singlecamVTEC
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:21 am    Post subject:

I still respect Kawhi, he didn't do anything wrong. He wanted to come to LA, he made it happen. Obviously wish that he would have chose the Lakers or give them a heads up beforehand, but he doesn't owe any of the teams anything.

Lakers gambled and lost their hand, it's fine, things like this happen. They could have easily been content with LBJ/AD early on and just started signing other FA's.
SDLakersFan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:32 am    Post subject:

We ended up gutting our roster to get AD for Lebron. If we were going to trade Ingram anyway we should’ve just traded him for PG13. Not trading for George has backfired on us twice now.
rak617
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:34 am    Post subject:

I only wish he made his decision little earlier. Of course, we took the gamble and waited on him. He did not force us.

Now I hope he never wins another title.
Goldenwest
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:39 am    Post subject:

I think Raja Bell is still up there.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:44 am    Post subject:

rak617 wrote:
I only wish he made his decision little earlier. Of course, we took the gamble and waited on him. He did not force us.

I absolutely do to. But there is a story that he told the Clippers to get PG and he will come. Otherwise he would be a Laker despite the fact he didn’t want to be on a super team.

So you see there was a chance he come here and there was no way to be sure the PG trade would happen. However I think the Clippers would have traded the entire team so the Lakers wouldn’t get Kawhi and be the next dynasty. To bad OKC didn’t recognize that and demand more assets
lakersken80
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 8:55 am    Post subject:

Quote:

Considering NBA free agency is the first step towards building a title contender, I'm not surprised by Kawhi's actions. In fact since this is a players league you will probably see it happen more often in the future. Ruthless yes, unfair no.
audioaxes
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:37 am    Post subject:

He is definitely my most hated player by FAR. And the Clippers who I never cared enough about to really hate on are now my 2nd most hated team behind the Celtics.
I honestly didnt hate PG for not joining the Lakers, he had no obligation to join us at all. But atleast he did the proper thing and let it be known right away and didnt dance around.
If Kawhi did the same thing I wouldnt hate him either. But its become beyond clear Kawhi was stalling us, waiting on the Clippers. While screwing us in the process. If you think you are an elite star, man up and join the Clippers right away and recruit you some more talent... like what Lebron did with the Lakers.
And then the talk of him demanding teams to not leak info about his meetings... he wasnt doing that because he was testing how faithful the FOs were, he was doing that because he was playing games and didnt want the Lakers or Raptors to know he was trying to make moves to get a star to the Clippers.
I hope the Clippers fail spectacularly and when Kawhi inevitably loses another step or 2 they trade him to the Timberwolves or some other lame cold city team.
ContagiousInspiration
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 9:58 am    Post subject:

Kawho?
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:08 am    Post subject:

lakersken80 wrote:

Quote:

Considering NBA free agency is the first step towards building a title contender, I'm not surprised by Kawhi's actions. In fact since this is a players league you will probably see it happen more often in the future. Ruthless yes, unfair no.

Ruthless ? Whatever your spin on it is .
Laker_Dynasty
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:36 am    Post subject:

LandsbergerRules wrote:
JJLakers wrote:

Carter's points about Magic and the medical staff are legit imo. The thing he tries to sweep under the rug is the blatant deception from KL and his camp that he himself was most likely an accomplice in.

Doesn't make sense about the medical staff. Judy is now overseeing that area and Marco Nunez was fired. Unless there are still training staff members that were retained, it doesn't add up for the current regime under Judy's supervision.

Time for the Lakers to create a whole new legacy! We want 10 more trophies boys!
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jul 08, 2019 11:52 am    Post subject:

lar9149 wrote:
rak617 wrote:

I absolutely do to. But there is a story that he told the Clippers to get PG and he will come. Otherwise he would be a Laker despite the fact he didn’t want to be on a super team.

So you see there was a chance he come here and there was no way to be sure the PG trade would happen. However I think the Clippers would have traded the entire team so the Lakers wouldn’t get Kawhi and be the next dynasty. To bad OKC didn’t recognize that and demand more assets

Nah . His actions speak louder than words. He never had any intentions to be a Laker. He called KD to pair up. He was recruiting PG to play with him on the Clips. He used Raptors as leverage Clips . He kept waiting and waiting for the Clips for making a move( Beal, Jrue Holiday, ). He knew our options get smaller and smaller as time goes by. He used Magic for an easy excuse. He is a conniving snake. He was doing all that not in good faith.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 7 of 9
Jump to: