Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mrpulla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:16 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:
Ebanks needs to start and play a lot more than Barnes. He is a much better player and younger, with a high ceiling.

Mike Brown praising Bynum and Ebanks big time, especially Bynum.

It ain't broke, don't fix it.

Barnes had 2 points today, and a lot of dumb fouls. He is broke, Ebanks needs 30 mins.
Rick12322
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:17 pm    Post subject:

Lisa Leslie just said Bynum was "Bynomite!"
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject:

Lakers are 33-1 in 7-game playoff series after winning Game 1, the lone loss coming in 1993 to Sir Charles & Phoenix.
Iconic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:18 pm    Post subject:

mrpulla wrote:
Ebanks needs to start and play a lot more than Barnes. He is a much better player and younger, with a high ceiling.

Ebanks played great today but lets not get ahead of ourselves...
mrpulla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:19 pm    Post subject:

Iconic wrote:
mrpulla wrote:

He is a better defender and does not blow 2 foot lay ups ROUTINELY. Barnes is tough, can shoot 3's etc. but Ebanks is a better defender, younger, and more versatile. The key being his D. He is also more athletic. There is a reason Barnes is basically on a different team every year.
Yong
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject:

mrpulla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:

Barnes had 2 points today, and a lot of dumb fouls. He is broke, Ebanks needs 30 mins.

maybe he is hiding ebanks hah
Air Apparent
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:24 pm    Post subject:

Where are all the folks bashing kobe in the first half lol. 9 for 14 in the second half LOL, 31 points.

Like Phil Jackson, if bynum takes on the captain role on defense we will go far. What a game from Drew! wow
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject:

mrpulla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:

View the entire canvas, not just the sketch. It's aint broke, dont't fix it.

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
moonriver24
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject:

now onto Memphis' bandwagon!
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

Location: In a world where admitting to not knowing something is considered a great way to learn.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:28 pm    Post subject:

moonriver24 wrote:
now onto Memphis' bandwagon!

Where are you located?

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
mrpulla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:29 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:

The entire canvas tells me that Barnes is 9 years older, hobbled with his ankle injury, has never stuck with a team because is not a very good player, and does not deserve 10 more minutes than Ebanks. You can label that a sketch, a drawing, a painting, a doodle, I prefer to just call it a fact. The Lakers won big yes, but not every game will be a blow out, and I do not want Barnes getting more minutes than Ebanks because there is not a single reason why he should. IMO.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:30 pm    Post subject:

mrpulla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:

The entire canvas tells me that Barnes is 9 years older, hobbled with his ankle injury, has never stuck with a team because is not a very good player, and does not deserve 10 more minutes than Ebanks. You can label that a sketch, a drawing, a painting, a doodle, I prefer to just call it a fact. The Lakers won big yes, but not every game will be a blow out, and I do not want Barnes getting more minutes than Ebanks because there is not a single reason why he should. IMO.

So you'd make changes to a winning combination during the playoffs? Wait till next year. It ain't broke, don't fix it.

mrpulla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:33 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:

So you'd make changes to a winning combination during the playoffs? Wait till next year. It ain't broke, don't fix it.

It has been ONE GAME. What are you talking about? Game to game there will be changes. That is basketball. Matt Barnes should not have more minutes than Devin Ebanks and that is a fact. If you think he contributed more to the "winning combination" today than Ebanks that's insane. The Lakers are going to lose a game in these playoffs, I hate to break it to you. So in the mean time lets put our best foot forward with our best rotation, which is Ebanks playing more minutes than an injured Matt Barnes.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:37 pm    Post subject:

mrpulla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:

It has been ONE GAME. What are you talking about? Game to game there will be changes. That is basketball. Matt Barnes should not have more minutes than Devin Ebanks and that is a fact. If you think he contributed more to the "winning combination" today than Ebanks that's insane. The Lakers are going to lose a game in these playoffs, I hate to break it to you. So in the mean time lets put our best foot forward with our best rotation, which is Ebanks playing more minutes than an injured Matt Barnes.

That's what makes forums so interesting, different opinions.

I think we should stay with what got us here. IMO to change horses in mid stream is not a good idea. You're dealing with egos and chemistry.

As long as the Lakers are posting W's why change anything? Now is not the time for experimenting.

mrpulla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:39 pm    Post subject:

jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:
jodeke wrote:
mrpulla wrote:

That's what makes forums so interesting, different opinions.

I think we should stay with what got us here. IMO to change horses in mid stream is not a good idea. You're dealing with egos and chemistry.

As long as the Lakers are posting W's why change anything? Now is not the time for experimenting.

There is no experiment. Ebanks is our starter. Barnes is the bench player. That is why Ebanks should get the dominant minutes. I already pointed out all the ways he is superior to Barnes, who is INJURED as well. Where was Barnes during our epic comeback vs. OKC? Was he the one that shut Durant down? No, he was hobbled on the bench. That's my point. Barnes is a bench player, and deserves less minutes. Just like he got vs. OKC, and like he should have today. Ebanks led us in the first half, he had more points on two shots than Barnes finished the game with. Period.
mrpulla
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:40 pm    Post subject:

God bless my man, have a good night, I'm out.
Andrew Evenstar
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:44 pm    Post subject:

Great game by all of our players. I did feel that we got all the calls though.
jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:46 pm    Post subject:

Vick The Brick in post game interview talking about "The Warrior?

jodeke
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:49 pm    Post subject:

Where is Kobe living?

yOw
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:58 pm    Post subject:

TooMuchMajicBuss wrote:
bryants2hot2handle wrote:
LAKERS WIN! 15 MORE TO GO ....

SlickVic
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject:

Man, what a difference from the debut playoff game last year. Beasting games from Drew, Pau, and Kobe, and even the role players did their job as well. Nice to see big games from Hill and Ebanks again, and even Blake hit three 3's, which is exactly what the Lakers need from him. I know it's only 1 game, but hard not to feel good about that start.
E=MC²
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject:

SlickVic wrote:
Man, what a difference from the debut playoff game last year. Beasting games from Drew, Pau, and Kobe, and even the role players did their job as well. Nice to see big games from Hill and Ebanks again, and even Blake hit three 3's, which is exactly what the Lakers need from him. I know it's only 1 game, but hard not to feel good about that start.

This team has that Finals 2009 - Finals 2010 look.
M. Hicks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:44 pm    Post subject:

mrpulla wrote:
Iconic wrote:
mrpulla wrote:

He is a better defender and does not blow 2 foot lay ups ROUTINELY. Barnes is tough, can shoot 3's etc. but Ebanks is a better defender, younger, and more versatile. The key being his D. He is also more athletic. There is a reason Barnes is basically on a different team every year.

agenda.
drewdizown8
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject:

ok the game thread seems to be the only place to discuss crazy ideas without getting flamed too much, so here's a q:

Being a fan, I'm allowed to look ahead and play hypotheticals. If we're up 3-0, do we bench Kobe, Pau and Bynum for a game?

I would seriously consider it. These horses get rest, and we give the entire bench more run. Also , we would then have ron starting Game 2 vs the Thunder instead of Game 3.
jcmaggi
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:10 pm    Post subject:

drewdizown8 wrote:
ok the game thread seems to be the only place to discuss crazy ideas without getting flamed too much, so here's a q:

Being a fan, I'm allowed to look ahead and play hypotheticals. If we're up 3-0, do we bench Kobe, Pau and Bynum for a game?

I would seriously consider it. These horses get rest, and we give the entire bench more run. Also , we would then have ron starting Game 2 vs the Thunder instead of Game 3.

That's been the major discussion lately, if Lakers get up big in the series, wouldn't it be better strategy to prolong the series? IMHO, you can't do that. First, it's the playoffs, you have no idea when a team is going to catch fire, you gotta put them away when you get the chance. Second, don't forget, by artificially elongating the series, you're needlessly increasing the chances for injuries to occur.

Just my two cents and I do think there are positives to the Lakers trying to extend the series.....but they're outweighed by the potential negatives.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Game Updates All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 59, 60, 61  Next
Page 60 of 61
Jump to: