Kawhi Leonard Now the Most Hated Player by Laker Fans?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is KL now most hated player in the league?
yes
68%
 68%  [ 133 ]
no
31%
 31%  [ 62 ]
Total Votes : 195

asalazar18
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:22 pm    Post subject:

Its Paul George and it shouldnt be close....Dude told us not to trade assets for him cuz he was coming. Then let his agent steer him away from LA when he clearly wanted to be here and let Russel convince him to stay in OKC without even giving us a meeting. Then immediately got talked into going to LA to play with Kawhi. Dude is a total puppet. i picture Pete Davidson from SNL when someone askes PG something. "you wanna stay in OKC? Okay" "Hey demand a trade and come to LAC...Okay" Clippers thing doesnt happen if he doesnt demand a trade a year after signing a long term deal in OKC.
kwase
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:24 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
kwase wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
kwase wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
kwase wrote:
I don't know why you guys are hating on Kawhi. We signed up for this when lebron put on a Laker uniform. The fact that nobody wants to play with him is not Kawhi's fault. If lebron is the "Best player in basketball" it shouldn't matter, he should be able to beat the clippers regardless to who's on the team.

"Even though this thread has nothing to do with Lebron, I still want everyone to know that I don't like Lebron".

I'm just pointing out a fact. If lebron wasn't on the Lakers we'd have Kawhi and Paul George right now. You can't force a person to work somewhere if they don't want to. lebron should have left Kawhi alone and not recruited him, instead of trying to build another super-team and we would have had better players to fill out the roster. It's not Kawhi's fault.

You're pointing out a theory.

I'm pointing out the FACT that no big name free agent signed with us....none of them. Half our team are klutch clients. You can sprinkle sugar on it if you want to.

Unless you can prove that "if Lebron wasn't on the Lakers we'd have Kawhi and Paul George right now" then it's called a theory.

"The fact no one wants to play with (Lebron) is not Kawhi's fault". Again you use this word "fact". Kawhi asked to be traded to the Lakers last season AFTER Lebron signed here. Him not signing here because of Lebron makes no sense. Either way it's not a "fact". Not to mention the fact that Anthony Davis literally forced his way to LA in order to play with Lebron.

I guess I'm just sprinkling sugar on it though.

You don't think it's kind of odd that PG wanted to come to the Lakers, then a few days before lebron signed he re-signed with OKC, then demanded he be traded to the D-League clippers one year later? Maybe it's just me, but that seems like he wanted to be in L.A. all along. I know the clippers have a new owner now, but no person in their right mind would choose the clippers over the Lakers unless there was an underlying reason. But hey bro, it's a free country and you're entitled to draw your own conclusions....and AD is a klutch client, he wasn't a FA.
mde24
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:32 pm    Post subject:

These are quotes from news story via The Athletic, Bobby Portis is speaking. “I knew what was gonna happen in February,” he said. “We all knew that (Durant and Kyrie Irving would go to Brooklyn). Everybody knew that. I just don’t think the media knew that. Us basketball players, we all knew that.” Lets assume this to be true, So KL and the Clippers tried slinking around in alleys using Balmer's money and the media to steal Kyries man. If that ain't some low down home wreaking Ho crap, I don't know. Snakes.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:43 pm    Post subject:

george w kush wrote:
You guys need to take your Lakers sunglasses off and think of this from a neutral perspective. If I were in his shoes probably would have done the same thing. Clippers have a proven coach, won 48 games without an all-star last year, have a great GM and Paul George. How could one turn that down?

I think it's less the decision and more stringing the Lakers along as a backup option and basically burning up the free agent market. It feels like he used the Lakers potential superteam as leverage to scare both the Thunder (small markets hate the Lakers) and the Clippers into making the PG trade. Of course Lakers fans will be salty about that.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:46 pm    Post subject:

kwase wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
kwase wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
kwase wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
kwase wrote:
I don't know why you guys are hating on Kawhi. We signed up for this when lebron put on a Laker uniform. The fact that nobody wants to play with him is not Kawhi's fault. If lebron is the "Best player in basketball" it shouldn't matter, he should be able to beat the clippers regardless to who's on the team.

"Even though this thread has nothing to do with Lebron, I still want everyone to know that I don't like Lebron".

I'm just pointing out a fact. If lebron wasn't on the Lakers we'd have Kawhi and Paul George right now. You can't force a person to work somewhere if they don't want to. lebron should have left Kawhi alone and not recruited him, instead of trying to build another super-team and we would have had better players to fill out the roster. It's not Kawhi's fault.

I'm pointing out the FACT that no big name free agent signed with us....none of them. Half our team are klutch clients. You can sprinkle sugar on it if you want to.

Unless you can prove that "if Lebron wasn't on the Lakers we'd have Kawhi and Paul George right now" then it's called a theory.

"The fact no one wants to play with (Lebron) is not Kawhi's fault". Again you use this word "fact". Kawhi asked to be traded to the Lakers last season AFTER Lebron signed here. Him not signing here because of Lebron makes no sense. Either way it's not a "fact". Not to mention the fact that Anthony Davis literally forced his way to LA in order to play with Lebron.

You don't think it's kind of odd that PG wanted to come to the Lakers, then a few days before lebron signed he re-signed with OKC, then demanded he be traded to the D-League clippers one year later? Maybe it's just me, but that seems like he wanted to be in L.A. all along. I know the clippers have a new owner now, but no person in their right mind would choose the clippers over the Lakers unless there was an underlying reason. But hey bro, it's a free country and you're entitled to draw your own conclusions....and AD is a klutch client, he wasn't a FA.

In any case…You're saying that you believe that Kawhi never wanted to play with Lebron. Fine let's go with that angle for a moment.

If that's the case then Kawhi Leonard met with Magic, Jeanie, Rob and communicated with Lebron himself showing interest in playing with the Lakers knowing the whole time that he was never playing with Lebron. Wouldn't that make Kawhi Leonard an unprofessional disingenuous jerk? Why not just say no thanks?
Ziggy
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:48 pm    Post subject:

tox wrote:
george w kush wrote:
You guys need to take your Lakers sunglasses off and think of this from a neutral perspective. If I were in his shoes probably would have done the same thing. Clippers have a proven coach, won 48 games without an all-star last year, have a great GM and Paul George. How could one turn that down?

I think it's less the decision and more stringing the Lakers along as a backup option and basically burning up the free agent market. It feels like he used the Lakers potential superteam as leverage to scare both the Thunder (small markets hate the Lakers) and the Clippers into making the PG trade. Of course Lakers fans will be salty about that.

It was planned months in advance imo. Why else were the Clippers following #2 and stalking him all season? They were working together and planning this. I brought this up during the season too. Why the heck would you need to "scout" a player like #2? He isn't some div 3 prospect playing for a junior college. That's why they began clearing capspace during the season. They got fined for a reason. It's a dirty game.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:49 pm    Post subject:

deal wrote:
J wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
J wrote:
This calculated move by Kawhi's camp cost the Lakers dearly in getting another star while significantly bolstering a division rival. Animosity towards him is understandable.

If you're a Lakers fan that is.

No other star wanted to come here.

That wasn't put to the test.

Gotta wonder if Jimmy B would have come....

The FO would be negligent and should be fired if they didn’t look into Butler’s interest.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 6:56 pm    Post subject:

asalazar18 wrote:
Its Paul George and it shouldnt be close....Dude told us not to trade assets for him cuz he was coming. Then let his agent steer him away from LA when he clearly wanted to be here and let Russel convince him to stay in OKC without even giving us a meeting. Then immediately got talked into going to LA to play with Kawhi. Dude is a total puppet. i picture Pete Davidson from SNL when someone askes PG something. "you wanna stay in OKC? Okay" "Hey demand a trade and come to LAC...Okay" Clippers thing doesnt happen if he doesnt demand a trade a year after signing a long term deal in OKC.

Didn’t the whole “don’t trade assets for me” come from the Lakers FO? He was obviously upset that we didn’t try to trade for him, just as Kawhi wanted to know if we tried to trade for him. You have to show upcoming FAs some love.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:06 pm    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
asalazar18 wrote:

Didn’t the whole “don’t trade assets for me” come from the Lakers FO? He was obviously upset that we didn’t try to trade for him, just as Kawhi wanted to know if we tried to trade for him. You have to show upcoming FAs some love.

And when we finally did just that this whole board went crazy because "we could've just had him for nothing next summer!"
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:08 pm    Post subject:

True. I was open to trading for either of them. As I was for the AD trade.
Hammett
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:12 pm    Post subject:

PG really going to be the villain next season.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:13 pm    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

l4kerz wrote:
I had high respect for KL even when he was on the spurs. But now, I’m pretty sure KL never wanted to join the Lakers and INTENTIONALLY delayed de-selection in order to mess with the team. That is unethical. He just turned into a villain as in Marvel’s Klaw.

In other words, "The girl we wanted to take to the prom decided to go with someone else, so now she's an ugly scank who we only pretended to like."
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:14 pm    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

activeverb wrote:
l4kerz wrote:
I had high respect for KL even when he was on the spurs. But now, I’m pretty sure KL never wanted to join the Lakers and INTENTIONALLY delayed de-selection in order to mess with the team. That is unethical. He just turned into a villain as in Marvel’s Klaw.

In other words, "The girl we wanted to take to the prom decided to go with someone else, so now she's an ugly scank who we only pretended to like."

You would think that Laker fans would be used to it by now.
Beir32
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:38 pm    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

activeverb wrote:
l4kerz wrote:

It's not exactly that black and white but overall that's a decent analogy. Such as the nature of fandom I suppose.

This was more like the girl you asked kept telling you how great it would be if you guys went to the prom together while the whole time telling the guy you hate the most that if he gets his dad's Lamborghini then she was definitely going with him.

Or something like that. I'm might not be that good with analogies tbh.
lar9149
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:48 pm    Post subject:

Beir32 wrote:
kwase wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
kwase wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
kwase wrote:
Beir32 wrote:
kwase wrote:

In any case…You're saying that you believe that Kawhi never wanted to play with Lebron. Fine let's go with that angle for a moment.

If that's the case then Kawhi Leonard met with Magic, Jeanie, Rob and communicated with Lebron himself showing interest in playing with the Lakers knowing the whole time that he was never playing with Lebron. Wouldn't that make Kawhi Leonard an unprofessional disingenuous jerk? Why not just say no thanks?

Some fun facts here

Last year playoff ratings were at all time lows and thats for the entire playoffs. In the case of game 3 of the NBA finals, ratings dropped 25-30%.

Why?

No Lebron.

Fact #2..Stephan Curry sold the most jerseys for 3 years prior and Golden State sold the most merchandise for 3 years prior.

Who owns the title this year? Lebron
Which organization sold the most merchandise? Lakers

This is despite not making the playoffs.

So I don't buy the theory that Lebron is heavily hated nor do players not want to play with him. These guys are professionals.

There maybe some people who don't like Lebron and my guess is they are heavily concentrated here in LA. But all over the nation, just not true. Lebron lovers far outweigh the haters and I think a lot of players look up to Lebron. The Media however loves to make stories about him being hated and hard to play with because people love to read it.
tox
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
tox wrote:
george w kush wrote:

It was planned months in advance imo. Why else were the Clippers following #2 and stalking him all season? They were working together and planning this. I brought this up during the season too. Why the heck would you need to "scout" a player like #2? He isn't some div 3 prospect playing for a junior college. That's why they began clearing capspace during the season. They got fined for a reason. It's a dirty game.

I agree. I think the 2nd star part was not worked out in advance. Kawhi probably wanted to get KD first, and it's only when that didn't happen that he started to push hard for PG. The Lakers were leverage to force the Clippers to give up the godfather offer for PG (6? picks, 2 swaps, cap relief, and a promising young prospect) who otherwise wouldn't be worth that.

Last edited by tox on Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:50 pm; edited 1 time in total
JustWinBaby
Rookie
Rookie

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 7:49 pm    Post subject:

Legacy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kawhi wanted his own team, which is why he made the Clippers a priority. I don't believe he ever wanted to join a Laker superteam just because of the potential legacy of winning a title for a team that is known for being perennial losers. Like it or not it would put him up there with Lebron in that he was able to help a franchise which was never known for winning become a winner. It sucks for Laker fans because they would've easily gotten a couple of titles but in terms of parity for the NBA, it was probably their worst nightmare. Since Kawhi went to the Clippers with PG13, next season will probably be one of the most competitive seasons in recent history since no team will have a huge advantage above everyone else.

KL had his own team in Toronto and won a championship there. You're saying (speculating) he wanted that specific scenario of having his own team in LA?

Where does that hate for him come in? Per the tread title.

PG made his decision instantly the moment free agency hit.

This douchebag KL was never coming and asked everyone to keep silent while he worked with the Clippers. We should have known, like Kobe said, we don't need to beg them to come. If it took this long, should have seen it coming.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:03 pm    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

activeverb wrote:
l4kerz wrote:

Not the proper analogy . That would only apply had KL made his decision relatively soon like everyone else and made it clear he didn’t want to come here , so we could move on and look at other FAs.

This isn’t about him not wanting to come here . It’s about how sneaky and conniving he was when his first 2 options were the Clippers and Raptors if either one of them got PG.

The proper analogy here is if you ask a girl out a week before the prom, and instead of her telling you she’s not interested , she strings you along and pulls the rug out under you the day of the prom , while you could have asked out other girls , but you kept getting strung along by the one you really wanted.

Is it our FO’s fault for putting all our eggs in one basket ? To an extent , sure. But , when you have teams and players not negotiating in good faith over the past few years (spurs after KL wanted out wouldn’t trade him , NO with Will demps and now KL), it makes it difficult.

Do these teams and players have a right to go anywhere they want and make any decision they want ? Of course . But that doesn’t mean they are being honest in the process. KL is a slim bag for what he did and it has nothing to do with him not coming here .
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:08 pm    Post subject:

Ziggy wrote:
tox wrote:
george w kush wrote:

Kawhi was recruited like that by his school. He said it himself, he could have played in Pac 12 but he was persuaded by the everyday affection showed by SDSU staff. Clippers definitely did their homework so they sent a scout and did the same thing recruiting him indirectly.

I believed he already made up his mind going through free agency. This whole thing was premeditated by Kawhi camp when they realized they can’t convinced anyone to come to the Clips . They used Magic so they have an easy excuse. They created a distraction with those Toronto meeting while Clips made those moves in silence It’s very cunning and treacherous. I believed that he would sign with the Clips regardless if PG trade did not go down. He did hold us in hostage.

Things like this that are not done in good faith will find karma one way or another.
Krispy Kreme
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:15 pm    Post subject:

^ gets it
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:17 pm    Post subject:

JustWinBaby wrote:
Legacy wrote:
lakersken80 wrote:
Kawhi wanted his own team, which is why he made the Clippers a priority. I don't believe he ever wanted to join a Laker superteam just because of the potential legacy of winning a title for a team that is known for being perennial losers. Like it or not it would put him up there with Lebron in that he was able to help a franchise which was never known for winning become a winner. It sucks for Laker fans because they would've easily gotten a couple of titles but in terms of parity for the NBA, it was probably their worst nightmare. Since Kawhi went to the Clippers with PG13, next season will probably be one of the most competitive seasons in recent history since no team will have a huge advantage above everyone else.

KL had his own team in Toronto and won a championship there. You're saying (speculating) he wanted that specific scenario of having his own team in LA?

Where does that hate for him come in? Per the tread title.

PG made his decision instantly the moment free agency hit.

This douchebag KL was never coming and asked everyone to keep silent while he worked with the Clippers. We should have known, like Kobe said, we don't need to beg them to come. If it took this long, should have seen it coming.

Kawhi just made us bend over with no Vaseline.
LAPauer
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 8:19 pm    Post subject:

The Clippers as a team are just gross from a Laker fan's perspective. PG leaves us hanging just to bounce to the Clips. Kawahi strings us along and makes FA much more difficult. Doc Rivers is a former Celtic. And not to get political, but Trump congratulating them on Twitter made my sports hatred converge with my political hatred in a way I didn't think was possible. I think I might hate them more than the Celtics, and Kawhi will be the face of that hatred for years to come.
KOBE WAN
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:48 pm    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

activeverb wrote:
l4kerz wrote:

Even PG didn’t sink as low as deceptive KL. He was just a puppet pansy.
€H£M£$TR¥
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:52 pm    Post subject: Re: KL most hated

KOBE WAN wrote:
activeverb wrote:
l4kerz wrote:

Even PG didn’t sink as low as deceptive KL. He was just a puppet pansy.

PG wasn’t even Kawhi’s first choice. It was KD. PG was leftovers.
Defender
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2019 10:58 pm    Post subject:

I just found out KL had no intention of signing with Lakers. He was orchestrating the signing of Kevin Durante with Clippers which failed. He then orchestrating the trading of Paul George.

Lakers got played!
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> General Basketball Discussion All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9
Jump to: