The Aftermath: Celtic Nation Is Devestated + Spur Fan Whining (Quotes From The Other Side)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
j-Laker
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:20 am    Post subject:

Tommy Heinsohn, Tom Sanders feel the hurt-LMAO.......

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1263917&srvc=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bostonherald%2Fsports%2Fbasketball%2Fceltics+%28Boston+Celtics+-+Celtics+%26+NBA+-+BostonHerald.com%29
someolddude
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:22 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
I keep stalking Bill Simmons right now to see what he says about the game 7 loss. I mean other than his live chat from game 7. I want to see how he tries to weasel his way out of praising a repeat champion. I want to see the aftermath article he writes...

I guess he's still not over it. So here are some more aftermath quotes, from Simmons' draft liveblog:

Bill Simmons wrote:

By the way, you know this draft sucks because I'm now irrationally excited that the Celtics (picking 19th) might get either Eric Bledsoe (my favorite remaining prospect) or Avery Bradley (ESPNU's No. 1 college recruit just 12 months ago) as Rondo insurance. I thought we'd have dreck left in this spot. This almost makes up for blowing a double-digit lead in the second half of Game 7 of the 2010 Finals against the NBA team I hate the most. Oh, wait, it doesn't at all. Not even a little.

Bill Simmons wrote:

Just called my Dad for his Bradley take. "Did you hear them say he was ranked higher than John Wall heading into college last year?" he asks. Dad and I are moving on. We're totally over that Game 7 loss. As far as you know.

In other news, the Celtics' 19th pick -- Avery Bradley -- will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his ankle and miss summer league.
nevitt_smrek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject:

Here's some stuff from the (soon to be defunct?) Cavs Nation

http://www.waitingfornextyear.com/?p=30046

Quote:

Three Quick Hits:

1. Another thing I learned over the playoffs; having a great bench with tons of depth can be overrated when you have the best player on the floor every night. The Lakers essentially were a six man team. Look at their bench; outside of Lamar Odom, who else exactly wows you. Shannon Brown? Sasha Vujacic? Jordan Farmar?

Remember how we all looked at the Cavs bench and were wowed by how deep and interchangeable it was? Well how did that work out? Mike Brown had too many guys and never couldn’t figure out what worked best. Phil Jackson trusted and stuck to a short rotation and he is holding his 11th ring today.

Bottom line – Kobe Bryant + Phil Jackson = championship.

2. Amazing how a giveaway trade like Pau Gasol to the Lakers has completely changed the landscape of the NBA. Still to this day, nobody understood why Memphis GM Chris Wallace gave away his best player to the best team in the league for virtually nothing. If Wallace comes to his senses and doesn’t make that deal, The Lakers aren’t back to back champions. That is absolute fact.

Worst of all, we all thought the Antawn Jamison was our Gasol trade. We got Z back in 30 days and added that “stretch four” that we thought we all needed. In the end, Jamison was abused by Kevin Garnett which was a major factor in the series loss to Boston.

3. Its been said so many times since the Cavs were eliminated, but it bears repeating: Kobe Bryant is all about winning and is a cold-blooded killer on the court. He is focused completely on winning title. You cannot say the same thing about our superstar, who could soon be our ex-Superstar.
srm90
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject:

j-Laker wrote:

http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/basketball/celtics/view.bg?articleid=1263917&srvc=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+bostonherald%2Fsports%2Fbasketball%2Fceltics+%28Boston+Celtics+-+Celtics+%26+NBA+-+BostonHerald.com%29

Heinsohn must be senile.

Quote:
“Well, first of all, I got tired of listening to Phil Jackson create the atmosphere around the referees to watch this and watch that,” Heinsohn said. “(Celts coach) Doc (Rivers) didn’t do any of that stuff. And Kobe, on every play, if he didn’t score he was (bleep) about getting hit. OK? The two most protected players in the league don’t need protection - LeBron (James) and Kobe. But Kobe, I don’t know how many times he went up in the air and came down, walked, and then passed the ball, and that never got called. And he was shooting elbows at the defender to get him out of the way.

Lakers#1Team
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:17 pm    Post subject:

Have you heard Heinsohn in the broadcast booth? He's yelling and screaming at the refs whenever his thug Celtics get called for it. Yet he berates PJ for what he imagines as influencing the refs. He's just a long-time Celtic homer, the typical kind, the arrogant kind. This victory was sweet indeed!!
JTS1
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:23 pm    Post subject:

srm90 wrote:
j-Laker wrote:

Heinsohn must be senile.

Quote:
“Well, first of all, I got tired of listening to Phil Jackson create the atmosphere around the referees to watch this and watch that,” Heinsohn said. “(Celts coach) Doc (Rivers) didn’t do any of that stuff. And Kobe, on every play, if he didn’t score he was (bleep) about getting hit. OK? The two most protected players in the league don’t need protection - LeBron (James) and Kobe. But Kobe, I don’t know how many times he went up in the air and came down, walked, and then passed the ball, and that never got called. And he was shooting elbows at the defender to get him out of the way.

tommy,

YOUMAD!!!???!!!
Travis Bickle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:24 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
... “Well, first of all, I got tired of listening to Phil Jackson create the atmosphere around the referees to watch this and watch that,” Heinsohn said. “(Celts coach) Doc (Rivers) didn’t do any of that stuff. ...

You sir are a buffoon!
Super Mega Team
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 12:43 pm    Post subject:

http://upnextinsports.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/06/funny-sports-pictures-tell-your-mom.jpg
Dominator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:06 pm    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
I keep stalking Bill Simmons right now to see what he says about the game 7 loss. I mean other than his live chat from game 7. I want to see how he tries to weasel his way out of praising a repeat champion. I want to see the aftermath article he writes...

I guess he's still not over it. So here are some more aftermath quotes, from Simmons' draft liveblog:

Bill Simmons wrote:

By the way, you know this draft sucks because I'm now irrationally excited that the Celtics (picking 19th) might get either Eric Bledsoe (my favorite remaining prospect) or Avery Bradley (ESPNU's No. 1 college recruit just 12 months ago) as Rondo insurance. I thought we'd have dreck left in this spot. This almost makes up for blowing a double-digit lead in the second half of Game 7 of the 2010 Finals against the NBA team I hate the most. Oh, wait, it doesn't at all. Not even a little.

Bill Simmons wrote:

Just called my Dad for his Bradley take. "Did you hear them say he was ranked higher than John Wall heading into college last year?" he asks. Dad and I are moving on. We're totally over that Game 7 loss. As far as you know.

Bill Simmons wrote:

In other news, I went 6-for-24 in my mock draft. Where's my Finals MVP trophy?

Bill Simmons wrote:

Memphis is picking 28th with the final piece it received from the Lakers in the infamous Pau Gasol trade. The pick? A very excited Greivis Vasquez, who pops out of the stands for a hug/handshake with Stern. Fun moment. So if you're scoring at home, Memphis ended up with Marc Gasol, Darrell Arthur and Vasquez for the second-best center in basketball and someone who helped the Lakers to three straight Finals and two titles. There hasn't been a deal that unfair since Paulie became a partner in Sonny's restaurant in "Goodfellas," stole all of Sonny's liquor, bankrupted it, then had Henry and Tommy set it on fire for the insurance money. Actually, even that wasn't as bad as the Gasol deal. I hate everything.

Heh, of course no mention of what Minnesota ended up with for Kevin Garnett.
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject:

Bill Simmons wrote:

Memphis is picking 28th with the final piece it received from the Lakers in the infamous Pau Gasol trade. The pick? A very excited Greivis Vasquez, who pops out of the stands for a hug/handshake with Stern. Fun moment. So if you're scoring at home, Memphis ended up with Marc Gasol, Darrell Arthur and Vasquez for the second-best center in basketball and someone who helped the Lakers to three straight Finals and two titles. There hasn't been a deal that unfair since Paulie became a partner in Sonny's restaurant in "Goodfellas," stole all of Sonny's liquor, bankrupted it, then had Henry and Tommy set it on fire for the insurance money. Actually, even that wasn't as bad as the Gasol deal. I hate everything.

No, I think the most infamous trade that has occurred in the last few years was the Boston trade for Garnett. Garnett was a future Hall Of Famer and former MVP at the height of his career; the Celtics got him for virtually nothing from former Celtic Kevin McHale. Boston, because of this one-sided trade, ended up with a championship. The previous year they had won something like 24 games; the next year they won a championship.

The Lakers, on the other hand, got a talented, but under-achieving Gasol from Memphis. Remember that Gasol had never made it out of the first round of the playoffs in Memphis. Gasol was good but not great. Since Gasol is now paired with Bryant, Gasol looks much better than what he was with Memphis; no one should say that Bryant doesn't make the players around him better.

Simmons is just an idiot.

--Anonymous
_#1_
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:44 pm    Post subject:

Hey Little Billy Simmons, quit worrying about the Lakers. You have bigger issues to worry about. You team is falling apart, Wallace quit, coach might quit, defensive guru coach already did quit... and Lebron might make you a walkover for the bulls.

Be Afraid Bill. Be Very Afraid.
sone212
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:39 am    Post subject:

Annihilator wrote:
No, I think the most infamous trade that has occurred in the last few years was the Boston trade for Garnett. Garnett was a future Hall Of Famer and former MVP at the height of his career; the Celtics got him for virtually nothing from former Celtic Kevin McHale. Boston, because of this one-sided trade, ended up with a championship. The previous year they had won something like 24 games; the next year they won a championship.

The Lakers, on the other hand, got a talented, but under-achieving Gasol from Memphis. Remember that Gasol had never made it out of the first round of the playoffs in Memphis. Gasol was good but not great. Since Gasol is now paired with Bryant, Gasol looks much better than what he was with Memphis; no one should say that Bryant doesn't make the players around him better.

Not only did Gasol never make it out of the first round, he never even managed to win a single playoff game.
Wags_16
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject:

sone212 wrote:

Not only did Gasol never make it out of the first round, he never even managed to win a single playoff game.

Since when has basketball become tennis?
Annihilator
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 4:27 pm    Post subject:

sone212 wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

The point is that the Garnett trade took a 24 win team to a championship the very next season. The Gasol trade took a good Lakers team to a championship the season following the season in which it occurred. The Garnett trade should be considered much more infamous than the Gasol trade. The only reason we do not hear more about how bad of a trade it was for Minnesota is because of the East-coast bias of the news media; they expect the NBA to revolve around their cities and teams.

--Anonymous
Brandon98
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:18 pm    Post subject:

Quote:
Bill Simmons Wrote:

I was up 13 in my mock draft then got the rest of them wrong. Where's my Celt*cs jersey?
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:19 am    Post subject:

I'm loving Simmons' misery. I hope it lasts for another 20 years.

Hey Bill, you ignorant son of a (bleep), I hope you enjoyed your 3 years of relevancy!
Nobody
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject:

Dominator wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Bill Simmons wrote:

Bill Simmons wrote:

Bill Simmons wrote:

Bill Simmons wrote:

No mention of Crittenton and Kwame neither. Of course that would work against his agenda, considering taking on Kwame's EC enabled Memphis to sign Z-Bo. So Memphis finished their 2nd season post-Pau with a record of around .500 and were one of the more pleasant surprises of the season. How did that super awesomely fair trade for KG turn out for Minny?

If I met Bill Simmons I'd probably have to kick him in the kneecap.
grimmz4764
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:30 am    Post subject:

someolddude wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Bill Simmons wrote:

Bill Simmons wrote:

In other news, the Celtics' 19th pick -- Avery Bradley -- will undergo arthroscopic surgery on his ankle and miss summer league.

I've been hearing the John Wall hype for 3 years now. I seriously doubt Avery Bradley was rated higher than John Wall by any reasonable person at any point in their lives.
grimmz4764
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 2:35 am    Post subject:

Nobody wrote:
Dominator wrote:
pokoy wrote:

Bill Simmons wrote:

Bill Simmons wrote:

Bill Simmons wrote:

Bill Simmons wrote:

No mention of Crittenton and Kwame neither. Of course that would work against his agenda, considering taking on Kwame's EC enabled Memphis to sign Z-Bo. So Memphis finished their 2nd season post-Pau with a record of around .500 and were one of the more pleasant surprises of the season. How did that super awesomely fair trade for KG turn out for Minny?

If I met Bill Simmons I'd probably have to kick him in the kneecap.

Exactly. Memphis got a starting Center and the cap space for an All-Star PF as well as a couple picks. Gasol was on the trading block at the time and everyone knew it, don't blame LA for taking the initiative.
kobeownslebron
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:03 am    Post subject:

lol at spurs fans being bitter kobe has has best player of the decade title for a while now while father time caught up with duncan back in 2008
24K Gold
Sixth Man
Sixth Man

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:46 am    Post subject:

lol celtics and spurs fans are butthurt
Smel Counts
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 6:34 am    Post subject:

sone212 wrote:
Annihilator wrote:

To be fair, Garnett only went past the first round once (2003-04) and that was when they got some decent talent (Cassell and Sprewell) around him. But he was an MVP and didn't want to go to Boston (he wanted to come here, and we had as much/more to offer) until they gave him a huge extension and got Ray-Ray.

But if the trade w/ Memphis was so one-sided how come they would have done it all again in a heartbeat? Minnesota wouldn't do it again.

Why is Memphis considered a rising star in the league? The East Coast won't ever address these issues.

They (Garnett, Ainge, McHale, Rivers, Ray-Ray, Simmons, Boston fans, and even Pierce) sold their soul for one title and they knew it when it happened. Now they're just going through the death stages/ circling the drain and crying about it.

It's a little extra sweet for us because by advancing to the Finals, they all started to actually believe they had a chance and maybe the Devil didn't own all of their souls. This just makes their fall/acceptance of the inevitable all the more painful. HAHAHAHA BUCK FOSTON!!!!!!!!!!!!
limchrc
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:57 am    Post subject:

thanks
keale18
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:33 pm    Post subject:

Gawd I love it!
Lakers 71-72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:39 am    Post subject:

Lakers#1Team wrote:
Have you heard Heinsohn in the broadcast booth? He's yelling and screaming at the refs whenever his thug Celtics get called for it. Yet he berates PJ for what he imagines as influencing the refs. He's just a long-time Celtic homer, the typical kind, the arrogant kind. This victory was sweet indeed!!

See, Heinsohn knows--like Ron said--that Phil has zen. Even though Phil is sitting placidly in his chair with a bored look on his face, he's actually screeming thunderous complaints from the deepest recess of his diaphram making his voice sound like hell's echo chamber about all the missed calls. It's very, very subtle...
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> Topic HOF All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9
Jump to: