OFFICIAL GENERAL FREE AGENCY/TRADE THREAD
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4901, 4902, 4903 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:24 am    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
Brian windhorst: “There’s a deal out there for them for another guard. That would be interesting. I’ll see if they actually go forward with it. It’s a guard on the last year of his contract who was great last year for his team and that team may be looking to move him. That would be interesting.

Free Agent Guards on last year and who averaged at least 10 ppg:

- DeMar DeRozan (SAS)

- Dennis Schroder (OKC)

- Derrick Rose (DET)

- Ish Smith (WAS)

- J.J. Redick (NOH)

- Kyle Lowry (TOR)

- Lonzo Ball (NOH)

- Lou Williams (LAC)

- Mike Conley (UTA)

- Patty Mills (SAS)

- Victor Oladipo (IND)

Since Windy mentioned "last year of contract" I didn't include players with player options. My guess is its probably going to be one of these 11 guys although it's just really 10 because I doubt LAC ever trading Lou to us.

Last edited by Lonzo-Lite on Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:37 am; edited 4 times in total
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:28 am    Post subject:

Lonzo-Lite wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Celtics apparently want Rudy Gobert, how do they stack up against the Nets and other EC powerhouses if they end up trading for him?

IG, please post links whenever "you hear stuff".

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2914155-1-surprise-trade-idea-for-every-nba-team

Celtics trading for Gobert was an idea written by this guy no one's ever heard of: https://twitter.com/gt_hughes

yes please.

IG please post a link instead of twitter buzzing, i am hearing stuff
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:29 am    Post subject:

It’s 1 of these 3 guys IMO:

Kyle Lowry
Spencer Dinwiddie
Dennis Schoedor
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:35 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Celtics are trying to prevent us from passing them next year in championships, I’m sure if the Celtics get Gobert, Pelinka will counter the move and be pro-active.

The Celtics have assets, the Lakers gave theirs up for AD.

And it paid off.

I'd rather have assets than championships but that's just me.

Candidate for worse post of the year!!!!!
Darkndeep
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:40 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Kyle Lowry
Spencer Dinwiddie
Dennis Schoedor

Just a guess, but the way Windhorst repeated "That would be interesting" makes me think that it is a "bigger name" player, either Rose or CP3.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject:

Darkndeep wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Kyle Lowry
Spencer Dinwiddie
Dennis Schoedor

Just a guess, but the way Windhorst repeated "That would be interesting" makes me think that it is a "bigger name" player, either Rose or CP3.

Could very well be CP3 that’s been the talk basically the whole month.
Harlemlakerfan
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:42 am    Post subject:

LastStand 2.0 wrote:
If the Celtics got Gobert it wouldn’t be for Kemba, tatum, or brown

I think they’d be better than Miami and Brooklyn. But I think golden state and the lakers would likely beat them

Not sure why people are so high on GS.

The NBA that they once ruled is gone. They have 2 over 30 superstars, both coming back from season ending injuries. and they lost KD.

This is a new NBA that they are coming back to, with some Super Dynamic duos that can counter Steph and Klay.

kyrie and KD - nets
Kawhi and PG- Clippers
Harden And Russ-Rockets
Improving Nuggets, Celtics, Heat, and Bucks

Oh, and them World Champions in SoCal, With Lebron and AD.
LakerDYnasty72
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:48 am    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:
manlisten wrote:
SPO200 wrote:
venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Celtics are trying to prevent us from passing them next year in championships, I’m sure if the Celtics get Gobert, Pelinka will counter the move and be pro-active.

And it paid off.

I'd rather have assets than championships but that's just me.

Candidate for worse post of the year!!!!!

Assets rather than championships? That's celtics, clippers, type of talk. Not to be sounding like an ass, but, yeah, that's just you.
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:53 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Kyle Lowry
Spencer Dinwiddie
Dennis Schoedor

I haven’t been following the big thread because I’m of the mind that it’s just not happening... but where did these CP3 rumors come from? Always sounded just like mainstream NBA media making dream trade scenarios up for us because he’s LBJ’s friend, but nothing really substantial?

Maybe it’s just recency bias but I feel like Rondo provides us enough of what we’d need from CP for a lot cheaper without risking chemistry (since we’d lose a lot of players in a trade for CP). I’d rather another team gut their core to trade for CP than us doing it then someone picking up Rondo for cheap - with rondo now ready to kill us in the playoffs due to his beef with CP
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:57 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Kyle Lowry
Spencer Dinwiddie
Dennis Schoedor

I haven’t been following the big thread because I’m of the mind that it’s just not happening... but where did these CP3 rumors come from? Always sounded just like mainstream NBA media making dream trade scenarios up for us because he’s LBJ’s friend, but nothing really substantial?

Maybe it’s just recency bias but I feel like Rondo provides us enough of what we’d need from CP for a lot cheaper without risking chemistry (since we’d lose a lot of players in a trade for CP). I’d rather another team gut their core to trade for CP than us doing it then someone picking up Rondo for cheap - with rondo now ready to kill us in the playoffs due to his beef with CP

Our very own Emplay has been on the CP3 circle talking about him on podcasts and etc, the first report of CP3 to Lakers was when a executive said that he wanted to go back to L.A. and play for the Lakers.
yinoma2001
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject:

Saw somewhere that Bulls are likely to not extend Dunn.

Mike @ lg...
deal
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:09 am    Post subject:

venturalakersfan wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Lakers gave up assists for AD and a championship, obviously.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:10 am    Post subject:

pokoy wrote:

Most trades rumors aren't substantial. Some reporter hears a tiny little tidbit, or pulls some speculation out of someone, or just speculates himself. And then all the reporters write about each other's rumors, so the repetition makes it seem like more is happening than actually is.

It's just way to feed the Internet machine and give fans in forums like this something to talk about to pass the time in the offseason.
pokoy

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
pokoy wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Darkndeep wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Kyle Lowry
Spencer Dinwiddie
Dennis Schoedor

Our very own Emplay has been on the CP3 circle talking about him on podcasts and etc, the first report of CP3 to Lakers was when a executive said that he wanted to go back to L.A. and play for the Lakers.

Ah so it’s coming from CP’s camp. That makes sense.

Just seems like way too difficult thing to do from Pelinka’s standpoint, especially as a defending champ. Don’t need much turnover here. This isn’t going to be a smooth roster transition like Ariza to Artest was.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:12 am    Post subject:

CP3 is completely unrealistic and not in alignment with anything the front office has done or said in the past 2 years. I wish people would let it go.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
Cyberfreak444
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:25 am    Post subject:

Shams Charania broke some huge news that the salary cap is expected to be $109 million and that the luxury tax is expected to be set at $132 million based upon current negotiations. This is less than what had previously been projected for this season ($115 million salary cap and $139 million luxury tax line). If true this is terrible news for the Lakers. It becomes practically impossible for the Lakers to re-sign KCP and Rondo and stay under the apron (about $138 million) once they use the MLE or even the bi-annual exception. Since using either the MLE or the bi-annual exception turns the apron into a hard cap, the Lakers have to basically pick between keeping KCP and Rondo via their bird rights, but only having the mini mid level exception (worth only about $5 million) or letting one or both of those guys go but having the full MLE and the bi-annual exception to use.

Last edited by Cyberfreak444 on Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:31 am; edited 2 times in total
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:29 am    Post subject:

manlisten wrote:
CP3 is completely unrealistic and not in alignment with anything the front office has done or said in the past 2 years. I wish people would let it go.

How is it not in alignment? This is our window to win right now.
manlisten
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:37 am    Post subject:

pjiddy wrote:
manlisten wrote:

How is it not in alignment? This is our window to win right now.

Right and we just won. No need for a drastic roster shakeup. Rob has repeatedly talked about having the flexibility to win both today and tomorrow and pair a star with AD once LeBron hangs it up. Gutting the roster for year 35 and 36 of Chris Paul kneecaps your flexibility and puts all your chips into free agency with all 3 of AD, LeBron and CP3 likely off the books in 22. Very slim margin of error with a great chance of going home empty handed. Not to crap on him because he seems like a decent enough guy but none of emplay's rumors ever come to fruition.
It was reminiscent of one of those Most Interesting Man in the World advertisements: "I don't always shoot 6-for-28 from the field, but when I do, I become the youngest player in league history to score 28,000 career points."
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:44 am    Post subject:

CP3 should have his very own thread. 😝
AFireInside619
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:46 am    Post subject:

Cyberfreak444 wrote:
Shams Charania broke some huge news that the salary cap is expected to be $109 million and that the luxury tax is expected to be set at $132 million based upon current negotiations. This is less than what had previously been projected for this season ($115 million salary cap and $139 million luxury tax line). If true this is terrible news for the Lakers. It becomes practically impossible for the Lakers to re-sign KCP and Rondo and stay under the apron (about $138 million) once they use the MLE or even the bi-annual exception. Since using either the MLE or the bi-annual exception turns the apron into a hard cap, the Lakers have to basically pick between keeping KCP and Rondo via their bird rights, but only having the mini mid level exception (worth only about $5 million) or letting one or both of those guys go but having the full MLE and the bi-annual exception to use.

I would hate to lose Danny Green, but it seems like we need to trade him now just to free up a little space. Not sure how much it would help, but cannot afford to lose KCP and Rondo.
RI Laker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:48 am    Post subject:

We are NOT getting Lowry. Toronto is playing to win a championship. They are NEVER trading Lowry. They are going to resign Fred and sign Harrell.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:04 pm    Post subject:

AFireInside619 wrote:
Cyberfreak444 wrote:

I would hate to lose Danny Green, but it seems like we need to trade him now just to free up a little space. Not sure how much it would help, but cannot afford to lose KCP and Rondo.

Only way to simply get rid of him would be to package him with a pick(s?) and trade him into a team’s cap space. Other salary has to come back.
Aeneas Hunter
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:05 pm    Post subject:

Harlemlakerfan wrote:

I've been saying this for a couple months. I don't think folks realize how barren their roster has become. And they are deep into luxury tax territory already.
pjiddy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:06 pm    Post subject:

Aeneas Hunter wrote:
Harlemlakerfan wrote:

I've been saying this for a couple months. I don't think folks realize how barren their roster has become. And they are deep into luxury tax territory already.

They have a #2 pick to trade for an impact player is why.
logical24
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Oct 29, 2020 12:10 pm    Post subject:

I'm willing to put a bet the player that Brian Windhorst is talking about is Devonte Graham. A player LeBron was talking about during the conference when he was talking about mvp being weird and stuff. Devonte Graham is on his last year of his contract and hes really young only 25 years old and one of the most improved players in the league. 19/7/4
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 4901, 4902, 4903 ... 8558, 8559, 8560  Next
Page 4902 of 8560
Jump to: