AVERY BRADLEY (2.0)
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 60, 61, 62  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChickenStu
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

Two things:

1) He had every right to opt out of the bubble and no one should begrudge him for it. No one knew how effective the bubble would be, there was uncertainty around everything, and his kid is apparently high-risk. Nothing else even needs to be said.

2) If I'm Avery Bradley, I'm opting out of my 2020-21 contract and becoming a free agent. Why? Because the Lakers clearly could dangle his expiring deal in trade talks. If I'm him, I don't want my fate to be tied to wherever the Lakers want to send me. I want to at least be a free agent to pick my next team. Given that he played pretty well this season and that teams would value him as a point-of-attack defender, I can't imagine that his next salary would be much less than what he's scheduled to make next season if he opts in, if it's less at all. Whatever small amount he might lose, it's worth it to be in control of where you're playing, in my view. I suppose that if next season is to begin in a bubble, and if it's negotiated that high-risk players will get their entire salaries anyway, that he could just opt in so that he doesn't lose any money.
hype
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:41 pm    Post subject:

gng930 wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
AirTupac wrote:
BlueNGold wrote:
J.C. Smith wrote:
wolfpaclaker wrote:
Him not doing the bubble due to family is totally cool and respected by me.

I don't get how people can be mad about him for that. I wish he were with the team, but things have gone incredibly smooth in the bubble. That wasn't a guarantee.

If he wants to sit out and be with his family, good on him. The thing that has bothered me with Avery is how he seems almost resentful of the team that came to the bubble. During an interview a couple months back, Bradley said this regarding accepting a championship ring:

Quote:
“Will I accept the ring? I’m neither here nor there about it,” Bradley told Yahoo Sports. “I am 10 years in this league. The physical possession of a ring doesn’t make me feel like more or less of a person. I play basketball strictly for enjoyment and to add to the support of my family. Supporting them is exactly what I’m doing right now.”

Who says that about a title that he played a huge part in bringing us?

I dont see anything wrong with what he said. In the grand scheme of things in life, a ring is so arbitrary. Im sure he wants to win like every athlete but it won't define him as a man on this earth.

Maybe not the content of what was said, but the disassociation that feels lingering right behind the words. Maybe I'm reading too far into it, but it seems cut-off and slightly resentful of his team. But maybe I'm wrong.

I guess you could see it as resentful as he could have taken a higher road by verbalizing appreciation. After reading it several times though I think this is just somebody who doesn't define himself with "physical possession of a ring." Ring or not, he takes comfort in the fact that he would have contributed to a championship team and also made the best decision for his family.

Yeah, he seems to have a very old school approach to life which can come off the wrong way at times but I don't believe its the intention at all. Like I said earlier he only has a twitter account and hasn't even used that for over 3 years. He's not going to be a cheerleader or go out of his way to say "the right things". At least that's the vibe I get from him and personally I can appreciate that and will give him the benefit of the doubt for now. It feels much more like people are digging as deep as they can to find the negativity in him not playing.

I bet if you asked most of the Lakers it's much more of a non issue then we believe. We'll find out for sure next season regardless though, until then lets enjoy a Finals run and not try to drag a guy through the mud when we have no reason to do so.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 2:47 pm    Post subject:

He abandoned the team. If we win it all without him then all is forgiven.
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 19, 2020 6:48 pm    Post subject:

I guess you look at Bradley like a guy who gets hurt at the end of the year and misses the playoffs. Other guys have stepped up and into his role/minutes. IF he comes back:

1 - is he competing for the same role, or has Caruso done/shown enough to jeopardize AB's minutes (assuming Rondo is load managed)?

2 - is he more valuable to the team as a piece in a trade package or as a player?

3 - can he take KCP's minutes if KCP opts out?
Black20Ice
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:56 pm    Post subject: Re: AVERY BRADLEY to sign with Lakers 2-Years $9.7 Million

It will really help if he accepts his player option and return.
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:57 pm    Post subject:

Wish you were here bradley, but he was a big part in getting us to this position anyways. Imagine we can add so much to the team without signing anybody new lol
acer77
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject:

I wouldn't give him a ring. But he can buy one.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:00 pm    Post subject:

acer77 wrote:
I wouldn't give him a ring. But he can buy one.

He deserves a ring. His great play in the regular season allows Rondo to cruise to the playoffs
Killer_Z
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:01 pm    Post subject:

Thank you for everything AB ..... hope you return next season.
CRoost
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:
I guess you look at Bradley like a guy who gets hurt at the end of the year and misses the playoffs. Other guys have stepped up and into his role/minutes. IF he comes back:

1 - is he competing for the same role, or has Caruso done/shown enough to jeopardize AB's minutes (assuming Rondo is load managed)?

2 - is he more valuable to the team as a piece in a trade package or as a player?

I think Caruso is better fit with Lebron, they have that chemistry with give and go. But Caruso is probably more valuable off the bench. He always bring that energy, that tenacious spark.

Bradley salary is cheap but together with our pick, we can probably get something but we need a hound on this team and he is the best at that. Rondo also coast sohis defense is much needed in regular season.

KCP is wildcard but winning solves everything so he might stay. I like our rotation with or without Bradley. Each guard bring something. KCP is a rabbit chaser, Caruso is that pest, Bradley does hound the lead ball handler and Rondo dissect the defense.

Last edited by CRoost on Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:04 pm    Post subject:

Killer_Z wrote:
Thank you for everything AB ..... hope you return next season.

Puts his body on the line in the regular season
Jesusdelonla
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 7:05 pm    Post subject:

I was not worried after he opted out and I am not worried after we won the chip

Go Lakers....Lakers Team >>>> Individual Guy like Avery
strong9
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:09 pm    Post subject:

Jesusdelonla wrote:
I was not worried after he opted out and I am not worried after we won the chip

Go Lakers....Lakers Team >>>> Individual Guy like Avery

Come on man. He made a family choice. He deserves a ring. I hope he comes back.
mad55557777
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:11 pm    Post subject:

I am fairly certain he will opt in given the current situation
LakerDynasty6.0
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:12 pm    Post subject:

Avery Bradley will be instrumental in the Lakers 20-21 season success!
Theseus
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:15 pm    Post subject:

AB is going to be big if we repeat. Dependable point guard with great defense and spaces the floor for Lebron.

Imagine how stellar our defense would have looked with him out there.

Lets not forget he opted out because he was worried about negatively influencing the life of his child who has a health issue. He made the right call there. The life of his family is bigger than basketball. Just hope to see him back here next year.

He earned his ring with his play in the regular season. We aren't top seed in the west without him. Top seed in the west let us coast through the bubble until the playoffs. Imagine if we had to play those games hard and someone comes down with an injury? He is a member of this team and deserves the respect.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:20 pm    Post subject:

In the past Championship guys that were on the squad without playing and were traded before the trade deadline get a ring.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:25 pm    Post subject:

Dr. Laker wrote:

If he opts into his contract and the season, he's likely worth the most staying as a role player, not sure who starts though. Depth would be something like:

KCP 28/Rondo 20
Bradley 24/Caruso 24

It's a long year, they'll sneak some 3 guard lineups out there at times and you have to have depth. We all want a 3rd star to be a guard, but having 2 two way guys plus Caruso and Rondo is a really nice rotation. Also makes Green and even THT expendable.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2020 9:27 pm    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
Dr. Laker wrote:

If he opts into his contract and the season, he's likely worth the most staying as a role player, not sure who starts though. Depth would be something like:

KCP 28/Rondo 20
Bradley 24/Caruso 24

It's a long year, they'll sneak some 3 guard lineups out there at times and you have to have depth. We all want a 3rd star to be a guard, but having 2 two way guys plus Caruso and Rondo is a really nice rotation. Also makes Green and even THT expendable.

Rondo a full 20 minutes throughout the regular season might be a bit high? Let him coast to the playoffs xD The regular season is when we use all the players on our bench anyway
PenG_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:04 am    Post subject:

Avery Bradley is the only member of the Lakers who doesn't show as being a "2019-20 NBA Champion" on Basketball reference.
XxBaDGuYxX
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:13 am    Post subject:

Avery Bradley set the tone for us this year defensively. Without him, we don't get to this point. Can't wait to bring him back next year to help us defend our title!

- Kobe Bryant
defense
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:36 am    Post subject:

XxBaDGuYxX wrote:
Avery Bradley set the tone for us this year defensively. Without him, we don't get to this point. Can't wait to bring him back next year to help us defend our title!
Freddie Buckets
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

32 wrote:
He abandoned the team. If we win it all without him then all is forgiven.

no he didnt lol he made what he thought the right choice for his family was. even if we lost, no one should have ill feelings toward ab
angrypuppy
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 8:38 am    Post subject:

I'm not sure if Bradley is coming back next season, as next season is set to start during wave two of this pandemic.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2020 9:25 am    Post subject:

I want AB to come back, but I'm not sure he does. He might opt out and sit the season out, hell if the pandemic looks like it ain't slowing down he might retire

If he does come back, he's going to be hella important once again in making our defense one of the best, if not the best in the league
#18 next...
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 43, 44, 45 ... 60, 61, 62  Next
Page 44 of 62
Jump to: