Early Early Draft Analysis!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LALdynasty!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:40 pm    Post subject: Early Early Draft Analysis!

I know its very early but Im gonna do It anyways. I have been looking over www.nbadraft.net and their mock draft and see that the Lakers have 3 picks this year. 1st rounder at around a 17th to 19th pick. 2nd Round (charlotte - jumaine jones trade) Around a 33rd pick. Also 2nd Round around a 47th to 49th.

Do you think we will trade any of the picks? What players/positions should the Lakers target?
KBandKB
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject:

NICK YOUNG!
LakerSanity

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject:

Wrong forum...there is actually a draft forum on this site.

That said, I think we trade the pick or go after a young big.

Twitter: @DeleteThisPost
LALdynasty!
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject:

Sorry, About the forum thing.
I have never used any other than this one.
MOJO
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 10:58 am    Post subject:

jeff green baby!!!!! i was on his bandwagon last year and some so called experts here didnt see much in him.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:07 am    Post subject:

another general draft thing I've been thinking about is Atlanta. I was thinking before that the pick goes to Phoenix anyway, but they can actually keep it if they get into the top 3. It is critical that Atlanta gets some luck in the draft, moves up a few spots and gets one of the two bigmen. Then if Indy doesn't tank to keep their pick, Atlanta could use that pick to get a solid PG (Law, Lawson?) and fight for a playoff spot next year. Then that wouldn't give Phoenix any better than a 12-15 pick next year, and we dodge a bullet. With the stlyle they play, and the depth they have, they can develop a Noah, Horford, Wright or Jianlian to use against the Lakers for years to come. I guess I'm just excited that they won't have a chance at either big boy though.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 1:37 am    Post subject:

I think they'll trade the 1st rounder along with Kwame for whatever vet presence they can get.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
davidse
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:23 am    Post subject:

his name is andre miller...

and we'll hopefully add sasha or a resigned smush, and get s. hunter too.
magic_bryant
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 2:33 am    Post subject:

davidse wrote:
his name is andre miller...

and we'll hopefully add sasha or a resigned smush, and get s. hunter too.

Well, that's one of the hopes.
Stephon Marbury on Kobe: "He's the only person on 'dis earth that can do 'dat. He guards people, like shuts 'em down. Then, to do 'dat on 'da offensive end. It's like 'Damn, I can't score on him AND he about to bust my ass."
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number Reply with quote
Bol
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 8:25 am    Post subject:

fansincemagic wrote:
another general draft thing I've been thinking about is Atlanta. I was thinking before that the pick goes to Phoenix anyway, but they can actually keep it if they get into the top 3. It is critical that Atlanta gets some luck in the draft, moves up a few spots and gets one of the two bigmen. Then if Indy doesn't tank to keep their pick, Atlanta could use that pick to get a solid PG (Law, Lawson?) and fight for a playoff spot next year. Then that wouldn't give Phoenix any better than a 12-15 pick next year, and we dodge a bullet. With the stlyle they play, and the depth they have, they can develop a Noah, Horford, Wright or Jianlian to use against the Lakers for years to come. I guess I'm just excited that they won't have a chance at either big boy though.

I've been worrying about that Atlanta pick going to Phoenix since last year. It's sickening that those stupid Hawks made such a horrible, horrible mistake, and if the Suns get a great pick, the whole league could be paying for it for years. I actually think it's safest if the pick goes to them this year, as it would have to be no better than #4. I don't like the idea of Atlanta getting a top 3 pick this year and the Suns getting a crack at the Hawks' completely unprotected pick next year. The Hawks will always be a threat to have the worst record in the league.
venturalakersfan
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject:

Too early to forecast the draft. I am not sure that Oden or Durant will even declare.
fansincemagic
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2007 4:37 pm    Post subject:

Well, as weak as the east and that division is (unless Orlando lands VC and Shaq loses 50lbs), I'm not so sure it would take much to push them. Take Oden and he walks in as a top center out east, take Durant and you have two dominant scorers that do it from everywhere. It is a shame though how teams want to deal for a player and think he will be their LBJ, so they throw in picks as if "we know we will be in the playoffs for years to come". The Otis Thorpe deal could have made Detroit a dynasty if they took Carmelo, and hopefully the Suns find their Darko. You have to wonder if it was really worth anything to let Johnson get a few more million from Atlanta, they should have called his bluff.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: