New Pre-Draft Camp Rules

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:44 am    Post subject: New Pre-Draft Camp Rules

From draftexpress:

Quote:

1. The NBA pre-draft camp will officially begin on May 29th...until June 1st, and the players will be barred from conducting any agent or team-sponsored workouts until June 5th. Last year, the...players were allowed to work out for teams well before and also during the camp.

2. NBA teams are prohibited from scheduling any private workouts until the official early-entry list is released on May 3rd.

3. The League specifically retains the possibility of scheduling its own workouts for prospects during the pre-draft camp, which will be open for all NBA teams.

4. The NBA combine (on June 1st) will be conducted differently this year. For one, the league is adding in “light, non-contact skills testing,” such as ball-handling and shooting drills, and will open it up for all NBA teams to view. The participants will be not only those who are playing in the camp, but also the “physical-only” players, traditionally the 16 or so top prospects in the draft.

More info if you click on the LINK

Sounds like there is going to be a lot less time to conduct individual workouts than in previous years, but there will now be better combine results on every player.
Mike@LG

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject:

It's a big deal. It's actually better this way, considering the players will face fellow draftees, instead of just leaving in the middle of camp for individual workouts.

That's definitely fair for the rest of the league.

https://lakersdraft.substack.com/

I am not an economic advisor nor do I advise economic strategies or plans.
LakersMD
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 9:37 am    Post subject:

Yeah I thought the changes were significant. I think it will keep players from "dodging" the camps, which has been a huge problem the last couple years. I remember some scouts have said the last few pre-draft camps had become a waste of their time.

I don't like the idea of the Lakers being unable to workout as many players as in previous years, but I guess that's never stopped them in the past from drafting players they hadn't even worked out.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> NBA Draft All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: