Kenneth Faried working out for Lakers
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cutheon
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:58 pm    Post subject:

jonnybravo wrote:
The original Montrezz Harrell. Yay?

F'real
C M B
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: Prarie & Manchester, high above the western sideline

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:19 pm    Post subject:

Cutheon wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

F'real

predator 1 and predator 2

Sister Golden Hair wrote:
LAMAR ODOM is an anagram for ... DOOM ALARM
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
Drifts
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 10:52 pm    Post subject:

his 6 fouls won't hurt.
"Now, if life is coffee, then the jobs, money & position in society are the cups. They are just tools to hold & contain life, but the quality of life doesn't change. Sometimes, by concentrating only on the cup, we fail to enjoy the coffee in it."
Lakerz113
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 11:40 pm    Post subject:

C M B wrote:
Cutheon wrote:
jonnybravo wrote:

F'real

predator 1 and predator 2

I actually thought Ben M. Looked liked the predator 😂
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 1:32 am    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
We need a Markieff Morris replacement - someone who could guard big wings, maybe play some small-ball 5 if needed, and can stretch the D a little.

So basically not Markieff Morris.
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 4:18 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:
We need a Markieff Morris replacement - someone who could guard big wings, maybe play some small-ball 5 if needed, and can stretch the D a little.

I thought that's pretty close to what he is? Obviously not to the extent of a top-tier PF/small ball C, but good enough to be a role player. How would you describe him?
#18 next...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:46 am    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
MJST wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

I thought that's pretty close to what he is? Obviously not to the extent of a top-tier PF/small ball C, but good enough to be a role player. How would you describe him?

I'd say MIMLakers categorization of Markieff is reasonable. He's an end of the bench PF, who did play small-ball center for us, occasionally guarded SFs, and has an adequate 3-point shot.

He didn't do any of those things great, but he performed well in "break glass in case of emergency" situations.

I don't think there is a replacement with that skill set available for the vet's minimum, though. I am a little surprised we didn't offer him a contract.
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
MJST wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

I'd say MIMLakers categorization of Markieff is reasonable. He's an end of the bench PF, who did play small-ball center for us, occasionally guarded SFs, and has an adequate 3-point shot.

He didn't do any of those things great, but he performed well in "break glass in case of emergency" situations.

I don't think there is a replacement with that skill set available for the vet's minimum, though. I am a little surprised we didn't offer him a contract.

He was getting a second workout this week...maybe they offer him then or they value a 3D wing like Ennis more...who knows.
anth2000
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 9:22 am    Post subject:

Funny, he's like barely 31 and we are calling him grandpa....
mhan00
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 12:18 am    Post subject:

RG73 wrote:
RashardA wrote:

There is just too much redundancy and the Lakers will get exposed vs. a lot by these really good to elite wings.

But the solution to this is James Ennis, a guy who isn't employed in the NBA currently by any other team?

It seems to me that to check an elite wing you need to be an elite wing defender. I am 99% certain all players who fit this bill are currently under contract with other teams. Plugging the hole with a journeyman isn't doing much.

Also, why is it that the Lakers need to have an elite counter to every position? Why don't teams need to worry about countering the Lakers? How many teams have a physical equivalent of Lebron to check the Lakers? Or a physical equivalent of AD? Or a physical equivalent of Russ?

There are always going to be mismatches and it's up to the coaching staff to exploit those in the team's favor. All this angst over what unemployed NBA player who will take the 15th roster spot and collect DNPs in order to cover some ostensible weakness is a waste of energy.

I will gladly stand corrected if they sign Ennis and he winds up being a 20+ mpg defensive 3 and D wing. Great. But probably not going to happen.

As for Faried, again, I fail to understand any angst over this. They could be working him out as a favor to an agent or something. They worked out IT and I doubt they really had any intention of signing him. Maybe the dude is friend's with a player on the Lakers and they're doing at as a favor to a player. Maybe he's not working out for a spot on the team, but he's just in the neighborhood and wanted to stop by and work out with the guys and someone misinterpreted that as a work out. In any case, I think it is fair to say that the roster is set at this point barring any mid-season trades or buyouts that emerge, and anyone they sign for the last roster spot is going to be in street clothes most of the time. If management and coaching perceived the same glaring hole(s) as most fans then it stands to reason they would have addressed them earlier in free agency when good players were still available. Either they attempted to get those guys then and failed or they're confident with what they have.

Anyway, someone will have to remind me the last time that a team signed a guy who was unemployed going into training camp and passed on by every other team and then that guy played a major role in the team winning a championship. I don't think it has ever happened.
jonnybravo
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 2:44 am    Post subject:

mhan00 wrote:
RG73 wrote:
RashardA wrote:

There is just too much redundancy and the Lakers will get exposed vs. a lot by these really good to elite wings.

But the solution to this is James Ennis, a guy who isn't employed in the NBA currently by any other team?

It seems to me that to check an elite wing you need to be an elite wing defender. I am 99% certain all players who fit this bill are currently under contract with other teams. Plugging the hole with a journeyman isn't doing much.

Also, why is it that the Lakers need to have an elite counter to every position? Why don't teams need to worry about countering the Lakers? How many teams have a physical equivalent of Lebron to check the Lakers? Or a physical equivalent of AD? Or a physical equivalent of Russ?

There are always going to be mismatches and it's up to the coaching staff to exploit those in the team's favor. All this angst over what unemployed NBA player who will take the 15th roster spot and collect DNPs in order to cover some ostensible weakness is a waste of energy.

I will gladly stand corrected if they sign Ennis and he winds up being a 20+ mpg defensive 3 and D wing. Great. But probably not going to happen.

As for Faried, again, I fail to understand any angst over this. They could be working him out as a favor to an agent or something. They worked out IT and I doubt they really had any intention of signing him. Maybe the dude is friend's with a player on the Lakers and they're doing at as a favor to a player. Maybe he's not working out for a spot on the team, but he's just in the neighborhood and wanted to stop by and work out with the guys and someone misinterpreted that as a work out. In any case, I think it is fair to say that the roster is set at this point barring any mid-season trades or buyouts that emerge, and anyone they sign for the last roster spot is going to be in street clothes most of the time. If management and coaching perceived the same glaring hole(s) as most fans then it stands to reason they would have addressed them earlier in free agency when good players were still available. Either they attempted to get those guys then and failed or they're confident with what they have.

Anyway, someone will have to remind me the last time that a team signed a guy who was unemployed going into training camp and passed on by every other team and then that guy played a major role in the team winning a championship. I don't think it has ever happened.

Watch when he gets picked up and averages 8 and 4 on a bum ass team and the nephews come clamoring. Like Lin-first fans. Just the worse.

Culling. Fan base has needed it. I'll say it until the end of time.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 4:10 am    Post subject:

When we faced Jimmy Butler, who at the time was playing like an all time elite wing, the best match up on him was Lebron or AD. With Westbrook able to help on offense, AD and Bron can focus even more on defense.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
LakerSD
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:08 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
When we faced Jimmy Butler, who at the time was playing like an all time elite wing, the best match up on him was Lebron or AD. With Westbrook able to help on offense, AD and Bron can focus even more on defense.

Same thought crossed my mind.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3
Jump to: