Guard Minutes Discussion
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
LAKERMIKE2
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 7:59 am    Post subject: Re: Guard Minutes Discussion

Mamba Mentality wrote:
I love the talent we've acquired this offseason, especially at the 1-2 positions. But what really stumps me is how are we going to allocate those minutes to so many guards and maintain engagement/cohesion while avoiding players from being disgruntled about their playing time?

PG: Westbrook, Nunn, Rondo
SG: Bazemore, Monk, THT, Ellington

I'm assuming no one will get starter minutes at the 2, but I don't know how Nunn and Rondo will split minutes with Westbrook playing at least 30 mins per game.

I said it before & I’ll say it again. I believe we’re gonna see a lotta 3 guard rotations with Bazemore & THT being the main wing guy at the 3 with AD or Dwight being on the court with one of LBJ, Melo or Trevor.

I’m sure Nunn will get minutes at either guard spot & there’s going to be a lot of DNP’s for Rondo & Wayne.

The guy I’m most intrigued & worried about is Monk? We know he can light it up now, on a one year deal (hopefully we can resign him) but much depends on Frank & his patience’s with his defense! I wanna see him get at least 15-20 minutes a game if he just lights it up but if he shows he’s a willing defender 20+ is a possibility especially if resting others is happening. THT is gonna get 20 or more between G/F.

So it basically comes down to Russ, Baze with Nunn & Monk as backups & playing THT as 3 guard line up or SF cause teams are playing so much small ball nowadays… Playing Rondo & Wayne once in a while to keep them ready.

Make the playoffs & don’t play AD 32 minutes or LBJ more than 30 & don’t wear them out in back to backs. We have to many capable players to not rest starters, most of our bench were starters so they can fill in… For crying out loud sign Ennis already.
HC: Riley
King Randle
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 9:15 am    Post subject: Re: Guard Minutes Discussion

LAKERMIKE2 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
I love the talent we've acquired this offseason, especially at the 1-2 positions. But what really stumps me is how are we going to allocate those minutes to so many guards and maintain engagement/cohesion while avoiding players from being disgruntled about their playing time?

PG: Westbrook, Nunn, Rondo
SG: Bazemore, Monk, THT, Ellington

I'm assuming no one will get starter minutes at the 2, but I don't know how Nunn and Rondo will split minutes with Westbrook playing at least 30 mins per game.

I said it before & I’ll say it again. I believe we’re gonna see a lotta 3 guard rotations with Bazemore & THT being the main wing guy at the 3 with AD or Dwight being on the court with one of LBJ, Melo or Trevor.

I’m sure Nunn will get minutes at either guard spot & there’s going to be a lot of DNP’s for Rondo & Wayne.

The guy I’m most intrigued & worried about is Monk? We know he can light it up now, on a one year deal (hopefully we can resign him) but much depends on Frank & his patience’s with his defense! I wanna see him get at least 15-20 minutes a game if he just lights it up but if he shows he’s a willing defender 20+ is a possibility especially if resting others is happening. THT is gonna get 20 or more between G/F.

So it basically comes down to Russ, Baze with Nunn & Monk as backups & playing THT as 3 guard line up or SF cause teams are playing so much small ball nowadays… Playing Rondo & Wayne once in a while to keep them ready.

Make the playoffs & don’t play AD 32 minutes or LBJ more than 30 & don’t wear them out in back to backs. We have to many capable players to not rest starters, most of our bench were starters so they can fill in… For crying out loud sign Ennis already.

Very well put....I couldn't agree more. Odd men out for me are Wayne and Rondo as well. Hope you're right.
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Thu Sep 23, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

Completely off-topic but he’s a guard and I have to post it somewhere and get it off my chest; I am thoroughly not enjoying seeing posts of Alex Caruso in a Chicago Bulls uniform.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:31 am    Post subject:

TDRock wrote:
Completely off-topic but he’s a guard and I have to post it somewhere and get it off my chest; I am thoroughly not enjoying seeing posts of Alex Caruso in a Chicago Bulls uniform.

You have to be happy for him too. He was a great Laker role player, ala KCP. Once a Laker, always a Laker (if you deliver a ring, that is). I see him like Metta, Sasha, Luke, etc.

Point is, he had to cash in. The guy was in the G league a few years back. Hell of a story. When I hear Vogel talk about him, it's clear the Lakers valued him. However in the end they took a chance on THT over Caruso. I don't know if this was the right call, but I will say based on talent, THT does seem to have more.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:12 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
TDRock wrote:

You have to be happy for him too. He was a great Laker role player, ala KCP. Once a Laker, always a Laker (if you deliver a ring, that is). I see him like Metta, Sasha, Luke, etc.

Point is, he had to cash in. The guy was in the G league a few years back. Hell of a story.
When I hear Vogel talk about him, it's clear the Lakers valued him. However in the end they took a chance on THT over Caruso. I don't know if this was the right call, but I will say based on talent, THT does seem to have more.

Yeah I’m happy for him and it’s a great accomplishment and story and I’ll be rooting for him but lol
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2
Jump to: