Let the Roger Sancho era begin

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 2:29 pm    Post subject: Let the Roger Sancho era begin

A warm welcome goes out to our newest Laker, Roger Sancho. Who is that? The new head athletic trainer in charge of helping the team recover from injury (and to help them not become injured to begin with). Last year's HTA Nina Hsieh wasn't brought back after a season where a ton of owies took us out of serious playoff contention.

Hopefully this summer is the last we hear about Sancho. If his name isn't getting mentioned throughout the season, it likely means that our players are relatively healthy.
MookieBetts50
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:00 pm    Post subject:

Please tell me we outbid Phoenix for his services.
DancingBarry
Editor-in-Chief
Editor-in-Chief

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject:

MookieBetts50 wrote:

Well, he was with the Warriors for the past 7 years. They did well with injuries for a while. Then, they didn't.
danzag
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 5:03 am    Post subject:

DancingBarry wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

Well, he was with the Warriors for the past 7 years. They did well with injuries for a while. Then, they didn't.

He was just an assistant, though. Hopefully he wasn't the one who gave green light for KD to play that Finals game
lakez34
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2021 12:11 pm    Post subject:

Was Nina the last of the Gary Vitti/Marco Nunez' legacy training staff? I certainly hope so.
Staccatos
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2021 6:16 am    Post subject:

danzag wrote:
DancingBarry wrote:
MookieBetts50 wrote:

He was just an assistant, though. Hopefully he wasn't the one who gave green light for KD to play that Finals game

The name that came up was Rick Celebrini. Although Bob Myers said he accepted the blame.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/warriors/article/Kevin-Durant-injury-Experts-analyze-how-he-was-13970061.php

Quote:
Early in the second quarter, when Durant limped to the locker room after he fell to the floor on an attempted drive to his left, some were quick to scapegoat Rick Celebrini, the team’s first-year director of sports medicine and performance. Widely regarded as one of the world’s top sports physiotherapists, Celebrini is in charge of maximizing player availability.

“He was cleared to play tonight,” Warriors General Manager Bob Myers, fighting back tears, said after announcing that Durant had suffered an Achilles injury. “That was a collaborative decision. I don’t believe there’s anybody to blame, but I understand this world and if you have to, you can blame me. I run our basketball operations department.”

Also:

https://www.sfchronicle.com/warriors/article/Meet-the-man-who-will-decide-whether-Kevin-Durant-13886117.php
JamaalWilkes
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2021 11:51 am    Post subject:

Dirty Sancho
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: