Kenneth Faried working out for Lakers
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jordan-esque
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:33 pm    Post subject: Kenneth Faried working out for Lakers

https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1437559625411223554?s=21
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:36 pm    Post subject:

The original Montrezz Harrell. Yay?
Dr. Laker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject: Re: Kenneth Faried working out for Lakers

Jordan-esque wrote:
https://twitter.com/jovanbuha/status/1437559625411223554?s=21

More of a board man/post defender than a 3&D wing. Loved his motor. Is there anything left in the tank?
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Montrezl Harrell’s grandfather.

No thanks.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:37 pm    Post subject:

Hmm. For training camp?
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
TDRock
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:38 pm    Post subject:

Yeah I just saw this on Twitter. Why is this necessary?
dj1337
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:40 pm    Post subject:

why would we need a another smallball center who cant defend or shoot.
MIMLaker
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 3:46 pm    Post subject:

We need a Markieff Morris replacement - someone who could guard big wings, maybe play some small-ball 5 if needed, and can stretch the D a little. Other than small-ball 5, Faried does NONE of those things.

I'm really starting to think getting both Nunn and Monk was a bad idea. Redundant skill-sets - outside shooting, driving on closeouts, energy and transition play, limited playmaking - are eating up a roster spot and keeping us from properly replacing what we've lost in trades and FA defections. We can't rely solely on 6-4 and under guys with long wingspans to handle all our perimeter D.
Rek
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 4:48 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:
We need a Markieff Morris replacement - someone who could guard big wings, maybe play some small-ball 5 if needed, and can stretch the D a little. Other than small-ball 5, Faried does NONE of those things.

Agree 100% we haven't replaced Kief.

We need another gritty guy that can be physical and just as mentioned, give some small ball center minutes when needed. Kief was perfect for that role on a budget. Shame we lost him imo.
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:02 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:

I'm really starting to think getting both Nunn and Monk was a bad idea. Redundant skill-sets - outside shooting, driving on closeouts, energy and transition play, limited playmaking - are eating up a roster spot and keeping us from properly replacing what we've lost in trades and FA defections. We can't rely solely on 6-4 and under guys with long wingspans to handle all our perimeter D.

It's official... you can read my mind.
Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:05 pm    Post subject:

Somewhere in Twitter land, James Ennis is shaking his head.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:57 pm    Post subject:

If this is a non-guaranteed contract, sure

Otherwise, I really don't see the need?
#18 next...
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 5:59 pm    Post subject:

MIMLaker wrote:

Agree completely with the first half of your post. Disagree completely on the second half, though, Nunn in particular I think has an extremely relevant skillset for what we need
#18 next...
PlantedTanks
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:03 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:
Somewhere in Twitter land, James Ennis is shaking his head.

Maybe, maybe not. Just like we were unaware of Gasol's intention to stay in Spain and I am not sure if we truly understand if it was his choice or the Lakers pushing him away we may not be aware of the intentions of Ennis in regards to choosing a team.

As for Faried I feel he is washed.
governator
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:17 pm    Post subject:

Manimal, small Dwight/small DeAndre, 14th man, why not
Laker_Jocker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:28 pm    Post subject:

2013 Super Team, Assemble!!!
joeblow
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 6:54 pm    Post subject:

alleyoop wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Agree completely with the first half of your post. Disagree completely on the second half, though, Nunn in particular I think has an extremely relevant skillset for what we need

After losing multiple guards who had a defensive edge to them, I'm actually more partial to Nunn than Monk right now. It's just that we are really lacking in a backup defensive 4 (and maybe a backup defensive big 3 if Ariza's ability takes a dive) that it would've been nice if we addressed that aspect of the team's roster over the astonishing number of 6'4" and unders we have on the squad. From the official NBA site:

Westbrook - 6'4"
Bazemore - 6'4"
Ellington - 6'4"
Horton-Tucker - 6'4"
Wes Matthews- 6'4" (unconfirmed roster spot)
Monk- 6'3"
Nunn - 6'2"
Rondo - 6'1"

Isn't that a defensive imbalance concern based on a sheer lack of size alone? This bothers me more than our average age. We are more sufficient at the other end of the size scale (centers), but the defensive mid-sized player off the bench is in need of improvement.
DLaker
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 7:29 pm    Post subject:

Faried will be undersize at center, best fit will be PF, but curious if he have quick feet to guard SF. If he can then I like him as a 14th man for energy hustle and small ball lineup possibility. He started to shoot 3 in his last NBA stint.
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:02 pm    Post subject:

Maybe we're just doing Bill Duffey a favor
πŸ’œπŸ’› πŸ† πŸ‘€ πŸ– #18!!!
alleyoop
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:27 pm    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

After losing multiple guards who had a defensive edge to them, I'm actually more partial to Nunn than Monk right now. It's just that we are really lacking in a backup defensive 4 (and maybe a backup defensive big 3 if Ariza's ability takes a dive) that it would've been nice if we addressed that aspect of the team's roster over the astonishing number of 6'4" and unders we have on the squad. From the official NBA site:

Westbrook - 6'4"
Bazemore - 6'4"
Ellington - 6'4"
Horton-Tucker - 6'4"
Monk- 6'3"
Nunn - 6'2"
Rondo - 6'1"

Isn't that a defensive imbalance concern based on a sheer lack of size alone? This bothers me more than our average age. We are more sufficient at the other end of the size scale (centers), but the defensive mid-sized player off the bench is in need of improvement.

Yeah I see your point. It’s a concern, but not necessarily a critical one IMO. I’m surprised that Baze is 6’4” too, thought he was for sure taller than that
#18 next...
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:29 pm    Post subject:

DLaker wrote:
Faried will be undersize at center, best fit will be PF, but curious if he have quick feet to guard SF. If he can then I like him as a 14th man for energy hustle and small ball lineup possibility. He started to shoot 3 in his last NBA stint.

Faried is a bad defender, and he can't guard small forwards.

He last played in the NBA in 2018-19. That year, he took 25 3-pointers and made 8, for 32%. There's no evidence that he has the ability to become even an average 3-point shooter.

For what it's worth, he played 3 games on Portland's summer league team this year. He took 1 3-pointer and missed it.

So he's not suddenly going to become a 3-and-D wing. He's an undersized center, who provides energy, but no spacing and poor defense.
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2021 8:42 pm    Post subject:

Sign Ennis or Wes. Don't overcomplicate this.
DeeAgeaux
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:51 am    Post subject:

Born: November 19, 1989 (age 31 years)
RashardA
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 12:58 am    Post subject:

joeblow wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Westbrook - 6'4"
Bazemore - 6'4"
Ellington - 6'4"
Horton-Tucker - 6'4"
Monk- 6'3"
Nunn - 6'2"
Rondo - 6'1"

If the Lakers cant address their need for a young 6'7-6'9 3/D wing in free agency, I fully expect a trade during the season when players are eligible to be moved.

There is just too much redundancy and the Lakers will get exposed vs. a lot by these really good to elite wings.

Bron and Ariza are both 37 years old and its just simply not going to be enough, IMO.

Some of these 6'4 guards will be moved and the Lakers most tradeable asset is THT.
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Tue Sep 14, 2021 9:08 am    Post subject:

RashardA wrote:
joeblow wrote:
alleyoop wrote:
MIMLaker wrote:

Westbrook - 6'4"
Bazemore - 6'4"
Ellington - 6'4"
Horton-Tucker - 6'4"
Monk- 6'3"
Nunn - 6'2"
Rondo - 6'1"

If the Lakers cant address their need for a young 6'7-6'9 3/D wing in free agency, I fully expect a trade during the season when players are eligible to be moved.

There is just too much redundancy and the Lakers will get exposed vs. a lot by these really good to elite wings.

Bron and Ariza are both 37 years old and its just simply not going to be enough, IMO.

Some of these 6'4 guards will be moved and the Lakers most tradeable asset is THT.

You're all pointing out something I'm very concerned about as well. Ariza is good for 10 minutes per game, and it's asking a lot of 37 year old LeBron to be a force on both ends of the court while chasing wings around the perimeter all game all season. I don't see a good outcome to that strategy.

So many players 6'4" and under, and that's a lot to spot the taller wings out there.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: