Who starts at Center - Dwight or DeAndre?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Starts at Center during the Regular Season?
Dwight Howard
48%
 48%  [ 22 ]
DeAndre Jordan
51%
 51%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 45

rst08tierney
Starting Rotation
Starting Rotation

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:23 am    Post subject:

JUST-MING wrote:
Stretch 5

Howard and shoot the 3 with a green light
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:13 am    Post subject:

Since DJ is a poor defender you probably want to start him next to AD
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:18 am    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:
https://t.co/qr98TffIrv

Fom this report ^ DJ told people he was unhappy with Brooklyn after losing his starting job and had to come off the bench.

So me thinks, or at least I wouldn’t be surprise if Lakers and Jordan had an agreement to bring him here as a starter like they did with Drummond.

Unlike Drummond, Jordan has a better understanding of what a winning culture is like so he would give us a nice lift at the starting position and he Impacts games without padding his stats like that Drummond fella.

Guy literally says he was upset with Brooklyn when he had to be a bench player in Brooklyn but he has a better understanding of a winning culture and sacrifice?

The narrative ever changes depending on the player as usual

I guess they gotta wait for him to miss some assignments and then all the "Entitled" comments will come after.

IG will continue to make excuses for DJ regardless of what proof we bring. He reminds me of those trumpeters. Dude just was in a winning situation and wasn’t happy. Now what happens in the playoffs when Vogel stop playing traditional 5s, he gets some DNPs?
Car54
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 5:24 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Unlike Drummond, Jordan has a better understanding of what a winning culture is like

Jordan has been in the league 13 years. His teams have made the playoffs less than half of those years. 3 times they lost in the first round; 3 times they lost in the second round.

What winning culture has he been a part of in your mind?

Not sure how he hasn’t been apart of a winning culture when he’s been on contending teams with Griffin and CP3 and Durant + Harden, what your pointing out is the team’s failures he’s been on, comparing Drummond’s understanding of winning culture and Jordan’s is a large gap.

No worries. I get that you are a LAKERS FANS TO THE EXTREME and you bend over backwards to project great things for the team. We have a while before anything real happens so it's perfectly fine to dwell in the land of hope and fingers crossed for the season ahead.

Don’t worry lol I’m not saying he’s gonna give us all star type stats but he can still produce when given minutes which is what we want him to do at the C position and he will bring more energy and minutes without losing stamina that we had to endorse with McGee.

Lol I guess you wasn’t here for McGee because there was no stamina problems.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:33 am    Post subject:

Car54 wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Unlike Drummond, Jordan has a better understanding of what a winning culture is like

Jordan has been in the league 13 years. His teams have made the playoffs less than half of those years. 3 times they lost in the first round; 3 times they lost in the second round.

What winning culture has he been a part of in your mind?

Not sure how he hasn’t been apart of a winning culture when he’s been on contending teams with Griffin and CP3 and Durant + Harden, what your pointing out is the team’s failures he’s been on, comparing Drummond’s understanding of winning culture and Jordan’s is a large gap.

No worries. I get that you are a LAKERS FANS TO THE EXTREME and you bend over backwards to project great things for the team. We have a while before anything real happens so it's perfectly fine to dwell in the land of hope and fingers crossed for the season ahead.

Don’t worry lol I’m not saying he’s gonna give us all star type stats but he can still produce when given minutes which is what we want him to do at the C position and he will bring more energy and minutes without losing stamina that we had to endorse with McGee.

Lol I guess you wasn’t here for McGee because there was no stamina problems.

There has always been talk of him dealing with asthma issues which means he had problems staying on the floor.
hydrohead
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 6:35 am    Post subject:

Would rather have AD at center with DH and DJ spelling DH on those days to rest but shoot, hunching Vogel will decide on DJ starting, DH subing and AD closing.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:36 am    Post subject:

Deandre is legitimately a bad player. It’s kinda an insult to compare him to McGee at this stage in their careers. McGee is an idea rim running shot blocker. Jordan can’t defend or rebound anymore, he needed Harden and Kyrie so he could just catch lobs. It’s why he lost out his starting spot to Aldridge and Blake Griffin.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
BandwagonLBJhopper
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:39 am    Post subject:

Neither?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 7:55 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Deandre is legitimately a bad player. It’s kinda an insult to compare him to McGee at this stage in their careers. McGee is an idea rim running shot blocker. Jordan can’t defend or rebound anymore, he needed Harden and Kyrie so he could just catch lobs. It’s why he lost out his starting spot to Aldridge and Blake Griffin.

Not sure if you are trying to anti-jinx the Jordan signing but if you have the free time check out his highlights from this season, he did everything you just said in your post.
oaktown_dimond
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:23 am    Post subject:

Agreed. Initially it was kind of a parlor trick for Dwight sink a three... But he might actually be a passable long range threat in VERY limited situations.

The coaching staff should work with him on a plan of when and where it's acceptable for him to launch one.

I mean I highly doubt opposing teams are going to actually guard him outside, that's free lunch money if he can hit one, and maybe two in rare instances.

rst08tierney wrote:
JUST-MING wrote:
Stretch 5

Howard and shoot the 3 with a green light
Startrout
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:49 am    Post subject:

Right now, I don’t believe even the coaching staff really knows who will start, assuming that we didn’t make Jordan some promise to entice him to sign here. Most likely Vogel will be playing with the lineups well into the season. If AD doesn’t start, then I’m guessing Jordan will be first up for a number of reasons, but that will possibly change and change again as the season goes on. If Jordan doesn’t prove himself quickly then he could end up being out of the lineup altogether.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:54 am    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

Not sure if you are trying to anti-jinx the Jordan signing but if you have the free time check out his highlights from this season, he did everything you just said in your post.

I can show you a highlight reel from DJ Mbenga that'd make you think he was Joel Embiid. Those are irrelevant.

Deandre was literally unplayable in the Playoffs last season. Literally. Didn't even suit up. The Nets opted for Blake Griffin's defense at C over Deandre. Even McGee got some minutes during our title run. The last Playoff game DJ played in was 2017.

For all of you out there questioning Jimmer Fredette of BYU, he is the real deal. - Magic Johnson Mar 20, 2011
BILBJH
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 8:57 am    Post subject:

I want to see that highlight reel that makes Mbenga look like Embiid.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:04 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

I can show you a highlight reel from DJ Mbenga that'd make you think he was Joel Embiid. Those are irrelevant.

Deandre was literally unplayable in the Playoffs last season. Literally. Didn't even suit up. The Nets opted for Blake Griffin's defense at C over Deandre. Even McGee got some minutes during our title run. The last Playoff game DJ played in was 2017.

The fact that you are mentioning Mbenga destroys your argument, as far as the Nets not playing DJ, Nash decided to go with a small ball line up that had all 5 starters capable of shooting the ball, I’m not saying DJ is gonna be great or good just that he can help us spell minutes at the C spot.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:19 am    Post subject:

This video is for you BynumForThree

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6M1KuvgQZ9M

The fact that you guys say he doesn’t play defense anymore is laughable, you mentioning DJ Mbenga to a 3 time all star is absurd.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:20 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

He probably meant a rich man’s Robert Sacre lol
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:32 am    Post subject:

AD.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:55 am    Post subject:

BILBJH wrote:

Embiid is hyperbole but just going off highlights you’d think he was a face up beast with rim protection.

Highlights mean nothing.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 9:57 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
BILBJH wrote:

Embiid is hyperbole but just going off highlights you’d think he was a face up beast with rim protection.

Highlights mean nothing.

Posting highlights of Mbenga showing off in garbage time? 😆😂
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:49 am    Post subject:

This might be hard for you to conceptually grasp, but the point of that exchange was that posting a highlight reel of some weakside blocks isn’t a proper indicator of DJ being a good defender. Him not playing a Playoff game since 2017 despite playing on a Brooklyn team that desperately needed some interior defense is more telling.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 11:53 am    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
This might be hard for you to conceptually grasp, but the point of that exchange was that posting a highlight reel of some weakside blocks isn’t a proper indicator of DJ being a good defender. Him not playing a Playoff game since 2017 despite playing on a Brooklyn team that desperately needed some interior defense is more telling.

I already explained the reasons, Nash wanted more shooting by copying the D’Antoni style, when he wanted to prove his value the Nets preferred a young C in Jarrett Allen, he doesn’t need to wow us with stats but him being a solid C is realistic for us.
BynumForThree
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

I already explained the reasons, Nash wanted more shooting by copying the D’Antoni style, when he wanted to prove his value the Nets preferred a young C in Jarrett Allen, he doesn’t need to wow us with stats but him being a solid C is realistic for us.

I said nothing about him not being a solid center. I said he’s not a good defender anymore. He’s not.

Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 12:41 pm    Post subject:

BynumForThree wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

I said nothing about him not being a solid center. I said he’s not a good defender anymore. He’s not.

Gotcha
lakerican
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:24 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
BynumForThree wrote:

DJ lowlights
TooMuchMajicBuss
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

Location: In a white room, with black curtains near the station

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:12 pm    Post subject:

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3
Jump to: