Who starts at Center - Dwight or DeAndre?
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge Reply to topic
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who Starts at Center during the Regular Season?
Dwight Howard
48%
 48%  [ 22 ]
DeAndre Jordan
51%
 51%  [ 23 ]
Total Votes : 45

Nash Vegas
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:55 am    Post subject: Who starts at Center - Dwight or DeAndre?

I didn’t include AD because then everyone would vote AD to start. But I also change the poll for only regular season games.
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:01 pm    Post subject:

https://t.co/qr98TffIrv

Fom this report ^ DJ told people he was unhappy with Brooklyn after losing his starting job and had to come off the bench.

So me thinks, or at least I wouldn’t be surprise if Lakers and Jordan had an agreement to bring him here as a starter like they did with Drummond.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:32 pm    Post subject:

Nash Vegas wrote:

Fom this report ^ DJ told people he was unhappy with Brooklyn after losing his starting job and had to come off the bench.

So me thinks, or at least I wouldn’t be surprise if Lakers and Jordan had an agreement to bring him here as a starter like they did with Drummond.

Unlike Drummond, Jordan has a better understanding of what a winning culture is like so he would give us a nice lift at the starting position and he Impacts games without padding his stats like that Drummond fella.
Lakesh0wtime
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:34 pm    Post subject:

I think Deandre.

He’ll play the Javale role while Dwight does his role he had in 2020
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:55 pm    Post subject:

3 different head coaches benched DJ in favor of Jarrett Allen, Jeff Green, and Blake Griffin.

Dwight is more deserving to start over DJ. But knowing Lakers they will probably start DJ just as long as Dwight ends up getting more mins.
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:58 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Unlike Drummond, Jordan has a better understanding of what a winning culture is like so he would give us a nice lift at the starting position and he Impacts games without padding his stats like that Drummond fella.

Guy literally says he was upset with Brooklyn when he had to be a bench player in Brooklyn but he has a better understanding of a winning culture and sacrifice?

The narrative ever changes depending on the player as usual

I guess they gotta wait for him to miss some assignments and then all the "Entitled" comments will come after.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:05 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Guy literally says he was upset with Brooklyn when he had to be a bench player in Brooklyn but he has a better understanding of a winning culture and sacrifice?

I guess they gotta wait for him to miss some assignments and then all the "Entitled" comments will come after.

I should have been more specific with my post, DJ has played with winning teams that was the point of my post, what kind of lack of mis-understanding there was between Jordan and the Nets has nothing to do with what he can provide for us, Gasol was in the same situation when we got Drummond although people don’t seem to care about that.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:12 pm    Post subject:

MARC !!! WE NEED FLOOR SPACERS !!!
epic_
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:14 pm    Post subject:

Wang Zhelin
💜💛 🏆 👀 🍖 #18!!!
MJST
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

I should have been more specific with my post, DJ has played with winning teams that was the point of my post, what kind of lack of mis-understanding there was between Jordan and the Nets has nothing to do with what he can provide for us, Gasol was in the same situation when we got Drummond although people don’t seem to care about that.

Except Marc was a professional, he didn't complain, sucked it up(Despite his coach's incompetence) and stayed ready and played well when he was finally given his opportunities. Whereas Deandre was unplayable.
JUST-MING
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:16 pm    Post subject:

Stretch 5
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:19 pm    Post subject:

MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
MJST wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
Nash Vegas wrote:

Except Marc was a professional, he didn't complain, sucked it up(Despite his coach's incompetence) and stayed ready and played well when he was finally given his opportunities. Whereas Deandre was unplayable.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ocregister.com/2021/04/03/lakers-marc-gasol-frustrated-with-role-after-drummond-signing-its-a-hard-pill-to-swallow/amp/

Don’t make me dig up this article, you are making things up.
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:28 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:

Unlike Drummond, Jordan has a better understanding of what a winning culture is like

Jordan has been in the league 13 years. His teams have made the playoffs less than half of those years. 3 times they lost in the first round; 3 times they lost in the second round.

What winning culture has he been a part of in your mind?
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 1:52 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Unlike Drummond, Jordan has a better understanding of what a winning culture is like

Jordan has been in the league 13 years. His teams have made the playoffs less than half of those years. 3 times they lost in the first round; 3 times they lost in the second round.

Not sure how he hasn’t been apart of a winning culture when he’s been on contending teams with Griffin and CP3 and Durant + Harden, what your pointing out is the team’s failures he’s been on, comparing Drummond’s understanding of winning culture and Jordan’s is a large gap.
drae
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 2:57 pm    Post subject:

When we won a couple of years ago, I thought right before the huge Covid break Dwight was looking less impactful on the floor. Like a long season was taking its toll and affecting his explosive defense. Then covid happened, everybody could recharge, and he looked much better in the playoffs even though he really only had a job against the Nuggets.

I don't really care who starts but I don't think Dwight can play a full season, big minutes and responsibility the whole time. Because of that I would start Jordan and have Dwight come off the bench.
Lamar's Bud
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:28 pm    Post subject:

Dwight at this stage of his career is better suited to come off the bench. He's able to better dominate the paint against the opposing backup 5, while also being better protected from getting into stupid early foul trouble.
Lucky_Shot
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 7:36 pm    Post subject:

Regular season: Jordan

Playoffs: depends on the match up but Davis
activeverb
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:44 pm    Post subject:

Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

Not sure how he hasn’t been apart of a winning culture when he’s been on contending teams with Griffin and CP3 and Durant + Harden, what your pointing out is the team’s failures he’s been on, comparing Drummond’s understanding of winning culture and Jordan’s is a large gap.

No worries. I get that you are a LAKERS FANS TO THE EXTREME and you bend over backwards to project great things for the team. We have a while before anything real happens so it's perfectly fine to dwell in the land of hope and fingers crossed for the season ahead.
Inspector Gadget
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:49 pm    Post subject:

activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:
activeverb wrote:
Inspector Gadget wrote:

No worries. I get that you are a LAKERS FANS TO THE EXTREME and you bend over backwards to project great things for the team. We have a while before anything real happens so it's perfectly fine to dwell in the land of hope and fingers crossed for the season ahead.

Don’t worry lol I’m not saying he’s gonna give us all star type stats but he can still produce when given minutes which is what we want him to do at the C position and he will bring more energy and minutes without losing stamina that we had to endorse with McGee.
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:54 pm    Post subject:

I went with DJ. Dwight is better but the last two years he has been a backup and is familiar with that role.
unleasHell
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:26 pm    Post subject:

Answer: whomever the Coach picks...
LakersRGolden
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:39 pm    Post subject:

Neither. You can't have 1 shooter in the starting lineup. If all of the Big 3 are on the court, AD has to be the center now that Marc is gone.
Lonzo-Lite
Star Player
Star Player

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:09 pm    Post subject:

LakersRGolden wrote:
Neither. You can't have 1 shooter in the starting lineup. If all of the Big 3 are on the court, AD has to be the center now that Marc is gone.

I agree with you, however I don’t think that’s what’s going to happen. Looks like Lakers will start a lineup this season with 1 shooter.
wolfpaclaker
Retired Number
Retired Number

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:30 am    Post subject:

Training camp will decide this, but I am guessing the Lakers will start DeAndre.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Reply with quote
J.C. Smith
Franchise Player
Franchise Player

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:33 am    Post subject:

wolfpaclaker wrote:
Training camp will decide this, but I am guessing the Lakers will start DeAndre.

I'd guess that is what happens also. If for no other reason than the fact that Dwight has come off the bench the last couple of years and adapted to that role already, where Jordan pouted about a demotion with the Nets.
Post new topic    LakersGround.net Forum Index -> LA Lakers Lounge All times are GMT - 8 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3
Jump to: